Costume Continuity Problems in Uncanny Avengers #14

Naz_islike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Did anyone else notice the costume continuity problems in Uncanny Avengers #14. I have a list at the bottom with the one's that i noticed. Makes me wonder how often this happens in comics and i just pass over it, never noticing.

Spoilers Ahead: http://forthebl0g.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/spoilers-ahead-costume-continuity-problems-in-uncanny-avengers-14/

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

inb4 "UNSTABLE MOLECULES"

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me tell you something, costume continuity was the last thing that troubled me with this issue...

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adamTRMM
Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Did you read it?

poor rogue and i have mixed feeling about the scarlet witch

Naz_islike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Naz_islike

I'm sure well see more of scarlet, since we do see her, sunfire, and alex run into Onslaught in the early Uncanny Avengers issue, That scene takes place 3 months later.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HAWK2916

@adamtrmm: yea I did. And since I normally swear by Remender....... all I can say is lol wow

Naz_islike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Naz_islike

@hopesummersforthefuture: I have no idea about Rogue. I wonder how the rest of the X-Men community will react to her death.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say this... I wonder about that so-called spell that was cast and the biblical reference at the end. Will it undo all of what happened in the issue as well as undue all the deaths recently since she seemed to call on all mutants everywhere and the floodgates and springs and all that. Rogue was unfortunate but personally I felt was hugely out of character. And Wolverine has really just become a b*tch. They gotta kill this guy, please

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM

Since the beginning of this run I was wondering, how most of the characters involved behave somewhat "unnatural". Havok, from an outlaw space pirate that left the X-men to kill his brother, turned into CA's personal bi*ch. Must say, I don't really know what PD did to him in X-factor run, maybe it was naturally developed, but for me it was like "Space killer pirate returned to Earth, witnessed Schism, afterwards he saw how Avengers schooled the X-men in AvX, and joined the Avengers, to lead a unity dream team of Captain America "himself" as opposed to what his crazy murderer terrorist brother did until now." Yeah.. Remender really doesn't get how PR works lol.

Same with Rogue, after what I've read from the Legacy run, it was like I'm reading a time-displaced Anna, I tried to rationalize, I thought maybe it's like the recent events of AvX and being with SW in the same team made her angrier or something like this, but then we see how Remender tries to turn the same Scarlet Witch, a self-ashamed, weak-willed lady, into his all-new Mary Sue. We've seen this in that infamous dispute of Rogue\SW, about how human\mutant affairs were always supposed to be handled, where he gave Wanda an opportunity to fully say what she has, and made Rogue statements so weak she almost turned that in a fight. Again, using Wanda as a portrayal of anything mutant? What was he thinking? And doing this by making Rogue look stupid. And I'm not even talking about how foolish his grandiose "pro-assimilation" speeches are, especially when they come from self-hating persons like these.

And then, in this issue, everything finally makes sense, everything as bad as I awaited for this to be. It wouldn't be Remender if it wasn't. Turns out, that all this time it was all settled for a "heart-breaking" triple death scene, in which Rogue, stabs SW in cold blood, lets her fall off a cliff and gets killed (seemingly) by some Z-lister? While the SW, a misunderstood and complicated Mary Sue, is saved by the loving man, but they refuse to give up, and (seemingly) in a cost of their lives they willingly sacrifice themselves in the name of heroism! Fu*k... Typical, typical Remender. That's why I'll never understand UXF fans...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

How about we keep ripping this costume up some more and return back to the green and gold with that brown jacket! :D

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I have my doubts that all or any of the deaths in this issue will actually stick; it seems to be a theme with the Scarlet Witch's powers that when she casts a really big spell, there's really no telling what will happen. And she's brought characters back from the dead before (Wonder Man, Hawkeye, etc..), so seeing three major characters die in one issue seems as likely as not to be a tell that they'll all actually be fine. Then again, it is Remender, so I guess it could go either way.

Honestly, inconsistent art aside, I liked the issue.

For an issue with so many potential ramifications, it did seem a little light, but I'm still digging this book.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do think this issue was interesting. Last issue was one of the best comics I've read in recent years IMO. I think the anticipation for this issue set it up to fail and while it was entertaining it wasn't as good as last issue though still better than anything else for a while. It did seem to end too quickly though. I sear it was only 12-15 pages lol.

Im a fan of Rogue so I really hated what happened with her. Rogue's actions felt out of character though I could see her getting to that point. I thought about the end of Children's Crusade where Rogue seemed to have words of encouragement for Wanda, but from the start of this series she's had it in for her. Thinking about Wanda's actions in House of M and feeling like they ultimately resulted in Xavier's death, its understandable for Rogue to feel that none of this would have happened if not for Wanda. For the longest I've been saying that Wanda needs to pay and that everything is her fault, but I think Im in the minority there.

I keep seeing where people are saying something about Wanda being back for an Onslaught story. But Ive always thought that the Apocalypse Twins were trying to alter that entire future by moving mutants off of the planet. Though at the end of this post I may shoot that idea down.

At the beginning I thought Alex was speaking to his daughter. Based of the symbol tag and I think his mother was named Katie so presumably naming his daughter after her would make some sense. I'm assuming her mother is either Wasp who seems to have the hots for him or Rogue (I thought this was alluded to in one the issues either 8 or the AU tie-in 8, but im not sure). It's important you understand how your mother and I arrived in this situation. In case we don't make it back."

And then analyzing Wanda's words "Rise, mutants. For the earth is filled with violence. R-rise to the ark... that you might be safe... that you might punish these devils... All mutants of earth... rise." "On that day, all the springs of the great deep burst forth. And the floodgates of the heavens were opened... and rain fell on the Earth." This makes me think that she has resurrected dead mutants:Springs of the great deep and floodgates of the heavens. It would kind be kind of cool to restart everything this way. Imagining the Genosha mutants back along with all the Xmen's enemies would make for some interesting stories again. If she has truly inadvertently resurrected all mutants then she and Rogue would be back and Xavier's mind could reawaken while being attached to Red Skull perhaps this would explain the new Onslaught storyline.

Though I admit its far more likely that Im overanalyzing the whole thing and Im completely wrong. Either way IMO this book is the best comic out there. My only complaint is I only get it once a month. I need a few double issues thrown in.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@hawk2916 said:

Im a fan of Rogue so I really hated what happened with her. Rogue's actions felt out of character though I could see her getting to that point. I thought about the end of Children's Crusade where Rogue seemed to have words of encouragement for Wanda, but from the start of this series she's had it in for her. Thinking about Wanda's actions in House of M and feeling like they ultimately resulted in Xavier's death, its understandable for Rogue to feel that none of this would have happened if not for Wanda. For the longest I've been saying that Wanda needs to pay and that everything is her fault, but I think Im in the minority there.

One thing that I had considered was that, on top of her own rage, she had picked up some of Wolverine's personality when she absorbed his powers, sending her into a berserker fury, and making Daken's point that much more interesting.

At the beginning I thought Alex was speaking to his daughter. Based of the symbol tag and I think his mother was named Katie so presumably naming his daughter after her would make some sense. I'm assuming her mother is either Wasp who seems to have the hots for him or Rogue (I thought this was alluded to in one the issues either 8 or the AU tie-in 8, but im not sure). It's important you understand how your mother and I arrived in this situation. In case we don't make it back."

yeah, I kind of thought that too.

And then analyzing Wanda's words "Rise, mutants. For the earth is filled with violence. R-rise to the ark... that you might be safe... that you might punish these devils... All mutants of earth... rise." "On that day, all the springs of the great deep burst forth. And the floodgates of the heavens were opened... and rain fell on the Earth." This makes me think that she has resurrected dead mutants:Springs of the great deep and floodgates of the heavens. It would kind be kind of cool to restart everything this way. Imagining the Genosha mutants back along with all the Xmen's enemies would make for some interesting stories again. If she has truly inadvertently resurrected all mutants then she and Rogue would be back and Xavier's mind could reawaken while being attached to Red Skull perhaps this would explain the new Onslaught storyline.

I hadn't considered that Onslaught angle, but I did get a similar kind of feeling from all of that allusion. I don't see it being everyone being back, but it certainly does make you wonder which way it will go.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Since the beginning of this run I was wondering, how most of the characters involved behave somewhat "unnatural". Havok, from an outlaw space pirate that left the X-men to kill his brother, turned into CA's personal bi*ch. Must say, I don't really know what PD did to him in X-factor run, maybe it was naturally developed, but for me it was like "Space killer pirate returned to Earth, witnessed Schism, afterwards he saw how Avengers schooled the X-men in AvX, and joined the Avengers, to lead a unity dream team of Captain America "himself" as opposed to what his crazy murderer terrorist brother did until now." Yeah.. Remender really doesn't get how PR works lol.

Same with Rogue, after what I've read from the Legacy run, it was like I'm reading a time-displaced Anna, I tried to rationalize, I thought maybe it's like the recent events of AvX and being with SW in the same team made her angrier or something like this, but then we see how Remender tries to turn the same Scarlet Witch, a self-ashamed, weak-willed lady, into his all-new Mary Sue. We've seen this in that infamous dispute of Rogue\SW, about how human\mutant affairs were always supposed to be handled, where he gave Wanda an opportunity to fully say what she has, and made Rogue statements so weak she almost turned that in a fight. Again, using Wanda as a portrayal of anything mutant? What was he thinking? And doing this by making Rogue look stupid. And I'm not even talking about how foolish his grandiose "pro-assimilation" speeches are, especially when they come from self-hating persons like these.

And then, in this issue, everything finally makes sense, everything as bad as I awaited for this to be. It wouldn't be Remender if it wasn't. Turns out, that all this time it was all settled for a "heart-breaking" triple death scene, in which Rogue, stabs SW in cold blood, lets her fall off a cliff and gets killed (seemingly) by some Z-lister? While the SW, a misunderstood and complicated Mary Sue, is saved by the loving man, but they refuse to give up, and (seemingly) in a cost of their lives they willingly sacrifice themselves in the name of heroism! Fu*k... Typical, typical Remender. That's why I'll never understand UXF fans...

I love it when I read a post which pretty much covers everything I was going to contribute. I did like Remender's X-Force because it brought out favourites like Psylocke but there is definitely a pattern here.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By adamTRMM

@lykopis said:

I love it when I read a post which pretty much covers everything I was going to contribute. I did like Remender's X-Force because it brought out favourites like Psylocke but there is definitely a pattern here.

Thanks :) I don't know why, but I'm still interested\intrigued for this story, when I'm sure I shouldn't be =\

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO Remender is a great writer. Much better than Bendis and Aaron. But maybe thats me because some swear by Bendis. At least stuff actually happens in Remender's stories. I know some hate him and I dont like that Rogue is gone. But come on. Scarlet Witch has gotten off scott free up until this point or at least it feels that way. Some of the characterization might be a little off but with Xavier's death, and the absorbing of powers, and with knowing how mutants have been basically under the gun since House of M, i can even understand Rogue's feelings on this

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@lykopis said:

Thanks :) I don't know why, but I'm still interested\intrigued for this story, when I'm sure I shouldn't be =\

Like a car crash? The morbidity in us? (that's my excuse. :P)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By adamTRMM

@lykopis said:

Like a car crash? The morbidity in us? (that's my excuse. :P)

As flawed as human being can get? In the end of the day, just a human being. That's always an excuse for our worst choices ;)

@hawk2916 said:

IMO Remender is a great writer. Much better than Bendis and Aaron. But maybe thats me because some swear by Bendis. At least stuff actually happens in Remender's stories. I know some hate him and I dont like that Rogue is gone. But come on. Scarlet Witch has gotten off scott free up until this point or at least it feels that way. Some of the characterization might be a little off but with Xavier's death, and the absorbing of powers, and with knowing how mutants have been basically under the gun since House of M, i can even understand Rogue's feelings on this

It isn't that Remender is completely talentless, and being better X-writer than Aaron doesn't say much lol I liked his story, combining two ultimate overlords like Apocalypse and Kang into potential sworn rivals over legacy of Earth, by making a very detailed connections from all over the time-stream without making it too silly. Granted, by today's awfully "Bendis" time-travel standards is a f*cking achievement. But that is ignoring that he imprinted his awful incompetence in Marvel human\mutant affairs with his own forced "wannabe" fresh visions, he ruined it when he started using characters (and what characters? Havok and especially Wanda) as his own messengers of a new and improved ideology. Not sold, sorry. And skipping the whole story, what do you think will happen if Rogue is coming back? Pretty sure she'll become SW's puppy. I hate silly plot devices like these. Another reason his UXF made me annoyed, is the moralizing part - "Oh he killed him, so that's drove another him insane, and the insane one even killed more after going completely nuts, so they were forced to kill him as well and all this undying circle of death will always bring more death!" F*ck this shit! Long live Kyle\Yost's X-force legacy! Those guys actually solved problems and slaughtered MFs who deserved being dismembered. This "murder brings more murder" is outdated and pathetic.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: to each his own. Most would agree that Remenders Dark Angel Saga is one best. Kyle/Yost were awesome too as was Mike Carey and Brain K Vaughn. Ive been saying for the longest that Bendis needs to be an editor and pitch stories because his ideas are awesome but the execution is lacking. If they turnes everything over to those guys I mentioned we'd be having more meaningful and enjoyable discussions about the stories rather than the constant disappointment and as result criticisms that plague the forums.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By adamTRMM

@hawk2916:

Dark Angel Saga was intense, and so was big part of Morrison's run, but it's their the legacy that I hate. I wasn't that impressed by Carey's Legacy run, and I don't know much about K. Vaughn, which is my bad I guess and we agree that today's X-men are mostly in bad hands, but as I see next year is getting better for X-books and I have some expectations for Magneto, X-Force, X-Factor and even for Benis' Uncanny to get better, next issue must be interesting. Give me new Academy-X with a good writer\writers and to make me satisfied a little more :)