• 59 results
adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

What characters you felt were absent in 2013 (maybe even before) and you'd totally want to see them this new year (even those who weren't announced to appear anywhere)?

Exodus and pretty much all other Magnus' Acolytes

Definitely Warpath

I'm tired of mentioning A-X kids so I won't

I'll add more when I remember more.

Yours?

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By numi

I'd love to see Colossus's son show up somewhere. Since he's 616 canon and all but there's only been a few mentions of him.

and Kendall Logan

and Siryn

everyone else got at least a cameo this last year.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Sage, Lifeguard, Neal Shaara, X-Corporations and the NXM kids. Oh, and, bloody Ariel for crying out loud. I'm sure Carey didn't bring her back only for her to do absolutely zilch!

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Monet, Boom Boom, Karima Sharpendar (Omega Sentinel), Ariel...uhmmm, hrmm, I'm sure more. I know I'll be seeing more Marrow because she's in the solicits for X-Force so that's good.

skypilotbinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of producing and exhaustive list of mutants I want to see I'll just streamline the books to maximize character exposure...

Two books with definitive X-Men teams. One Cyclops' team and one Wolverine's team.
An X-Force book that doesn't share members with either X-Men team.
Two books dealing exclusively with the New X-Men. One at Xavier's school and one at Jean's school. Teachers at each school are not members of the above teams and are there full time to teach / protect the children.

New Brotherhood / Sisterhood
New Hellfire Club and Hellions
New Morlocks

There, that's 5 books. No characters in more than one book save the teams very seldomly crossing over with their schools. Two decent sized enemy teams that hopefully would be made up of established and new characters and a group of tweeners for the misfits. They can appear in whatever book.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hellion, Surge, Exodus

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warpath, Karma, and Elixer. I also don't want Colossus and Boom Boom to suddenly disappear after Cable and X-Force comes to an end.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-MAN!

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By lorex

I would like to see some more character development from Magik. We have gotten a little of that from her reciently but I would love to see a fully flushed storyarc with her featured in itwithout relying on the 'Limbo' crutch. Maybe we could see more personal level interactions involving her without something exploding around her. Also I would like to see more of the students from New X-Men get some more on page time as they have been in oblivion for a while now.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Warpath, Sage, Cannonball, Husk, Chamber

thats a start :-p

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Chamber, the Acolytes, Rictor, Shatterstar, and Boom Boom

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surge, Sage, Warpath and X-Man(did you know he's dating Dani Moonstar?)

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sage, synch, elixir, exodus, madelyne pryor

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By HAWK2916

@lorex: I still would like to know more about the deal she struck with Legion a while back in order to save one of the new mutants (cant remember which, I think its either Dani or Karma).

I want more villains back. A real hellfire club, the acolytes, brotherhood, nasty boys, Weapon X, Vulcan, Maddy Pryor and Selene etc as well as some of the Xmen that are in limbo currently.

Sage, Lifeguard, Warpath, Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Chamber, Husk, Frenzy, Magma, Sabra

I want the Academy X kids in particular Surge, hellion, X23, Dust, Mercury back. Even Hope but with a compelling story.

I want Excalibur back as well.

I want Nightcrawler, Rogue and the real Jean Grey back from the dead. The O5 can go back please.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@koays said:

Yes actually i did, it was in the last edition of New Mutants, pretty poorly written

God i wish they wouldn't of killed him off, the last like 6 issues of that series was complete garbage and then it was canceled so his death was pointless, he had so much potential really makes me mad, same with Skin when they brought him back just t kill him :'(

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

No i didnt know. I guess between the time were the last new mutants book ended and now, there probably not together anymore.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: With him being resurrected by Eli Bard and Elixir still being on Genosha the way Synch's powers work, it might be easy to bring him back with a fairly reasonable explanation as well

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Koays

@koays said:

No i didnt know. I guess between the time were the last new mutants book ended and now, there probably not together anymore.

No, they were in the Defenders together as a couple at least that's when I saw them

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@koays said:

No, they were in the Defenders together as a couple at least that's when I saw them

oh i dont know about Defenders. Also is he still depowered??? Its weird how thier both depowered.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@koays said:

oh i dont know about Defenders. Also is he still depowered??? Its weird how thier both depowered.

not depowered he was still weakened though, wouldn't recommend Defenders, its starts off good and then falls apart pretty quick

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@koays said:

@koays said:

not depowered he was still weakened though, wouldn't recommend Defenders, its starts off good and then falls apart pretty quick

Oh ok thanks :)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By John Valentine

Hellion.

Surge.

Dust.

Elixir.

(Prodigy, Mercury, X-23, Rockslide, Anole and Pixie are already being used a bit).

Avatar image for escapingreality
EscapingReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Surge and X-Man for me.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lykopis

@hexthis said:

Monet, Boom Boom, Karima Sharpendar (Omega Sentinel), Ariel...uhmmm, hrmm, I'm sure more. I know I'll be seeing more Marrow because she's in the solicits for X-Force so that's good.

Monet and Karima are in the new X-Men book which is great to see although with this whole "Rapture" thing, not too sure how long that will last. As replacements for Rogue, I think either on their own are great choices. As for Marrow, I don't know what to think - especially with her new design. It feels like such a random choice, especially for X-Force but I am looking forward to it.

@hawk2916 said:

@lorex: I still would like to know more about the deal she struck with Legion a while back in order to save one of the new mutants (cant remember which, I think its either Dani or Karma).

I want more villains back. A real hellfire club, the acolytes, brotherhood, nasty boys, Weapon X, Vulcan, Maddy Pryor and Selene etc as well as some of the Xmen that are in limbo currently.

Sage, Lifeguard, Warpath, Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Chamber, Husk, Frenzy, Magma, Sabra

I want the Academy X kids in particular Surge, hellion, X23, Dust, Mercury back. Even Hope but with a compelling story.

I want Excalibur back as well.

I want Nightcrawler, Rogue and the real Jean Grey back from the dead. The O5 can go back please.

I would love to see a new Hellfire Club start up (no kids please unless their story gets better significantly) and Selene returning would be amazing. Seeing Wither again would be awesome as well.

X-23 is with Uncanny X-Men and Mercury is involved in some kind of love triangle with Bling over in adjectiveless.

Nightcrawler looks to be coming back through Amazing X-Men but I suspect it will be a short lived mini and he will remain in "heaven". Don't know how I feel about that and considering he's the officiant in Deadpool's wedding, maybe he will be sticking around. I love the Bamfs though. Good and bad, they are freaking adorable.

Cannonball is with Sunspot over in one of the Avengers titles although I haven't been following them too closely. With this "Rapture" thing about to hit the Marvel World, I don't know what's happening and what it will mean in terms of characters staying on panel. While it was nice seeing Chamber for a bit in the early pages of Legion's Legacy run, I think him, Dust, Surge and Hellion deserve some attention. And of course, where the heck is Elixir?

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

@ageofhurricane:

Sage, Lifeguard, Neal Shaara, X-Corporations and the NXM kids. Oh, and, bloody Ariel for crying out loud. I'm sure Carey didn't bring her back only for her to do absolutely zilch!

My thoughts exactly!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@jrock72: Init.

@lykopis:

I'd rather Remender not have so much free reign if we're really pondering the prospect of certain characters staying in their titles. Rogue was enough.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Remender was in Bendis' spot. At least something happens in his books and his writing far superior to Bendis or Aaron. I think I mentioned it before but I would love to get Kyle and Yost, Mike Carey, Remender, Wood, and PAD and sign those guys up for the next 5 years running the xmen books

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By adamTRMM

@hawk2916:

You see the problem with Remender he really doesn't understand the X-mythos and after some X-fans decided to tell it in his 'face' in twitter, after that grandiose totally out of nowhere Havok's speach, it feels like he's taken it to personal and started troll x-fans on a regular scale. I see why you might feel this way, and I might be totally with you because if he did a better job on showing how mutants are a part of humanity, in a story where he makes humanity finally realize they are and so it won't offend x-fans, but what he did felt like it was just an attemp to say to every x-fan 'you're wrong, you were always wrong'.

And that's coming from me, a man that is really tired of X-men being just a 'minority', with the same irrational hate from humanity in a world where invasion happens like every second year.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HAWK2916

For someone who doesnt understand, his Uncanny Xforce was probably the best thing weve gotten in the last decade. With all his faults I'd still rather he was writing over Bendis and Aaron. I could argue that thise dont understand mythos either. Aaron treats it like a spoof or parody and Bendis just does time travel all the time and tries to change established long standing characters just to piss off fans.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@hawk2916:

And that's coming from me, a man that is really tired of X-men being just a 'minority', with the same irrational hate from humanity in a world where invasion happens like every second year.

So, let's say, in some wacko reality, they manage to get past the tired and repetitious 'we're feared and hated' trope that you seem to think it is unless i'm misconstruing things--in which direction would youpush the X-Men provided that they still had the same (but only different) appeal whilst still being compelling to both old and new readers alike?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@adamtrmm said:

@hawk2916:

So, let's say, in some wacko reality, they manage to get past the tired and repetitious 'we're feared and hated' trope that you seem to think it is unless i'm misconstruing things--in which direction would youpush the X-Men provided that they still had the same (but only different) appeal whilst still being compelling to both old and new readers alike?

I don't think that's a theme they should ever entirely abandon, but there are lots of great stories that can be told about them being a school and ultimately an extended family for super-powered misfits. The school for superheroes theme has always been just as central to the X-men, maybe even more central in the beginning, than the prejudice allegories.

Originally, the Avengers were the worlds greatest superheroes, the Fantastic 4 were a family of explorers who just ended up having to be heroes, and while the X-men did a bit of both, it was really the theme that they were training the next generation of heroes that set them apart. I can't help feel like stuff like Avengers Academy or even FF has somewhat diluted what was originally what made the X-men's purpose distinct within the MU.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: which is exactly why lately its becoming increasingly more difficult to argue against those who want the Xmen in their own seperate universe and/or to leave Marvel.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: which is exactly why lately its becoming increasingly more difficult to argue against those who want the Xmen in their own seperate universe and/or to leave Marvel.

how so?

it still seems just as pointless to me.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By XsPectre28

@mcklayn said:

@koays said:

Yes actually i did, it was in the last edition of New Mutants, pretty poorly written

@xspectre28 said:

God i wish they wouldn't of killed him off, the last like 6 issues of that series was complete garbage and then it was canceled so his death was pointless, he had so much potential really makes me mad, same with Skin when they brought him back just t kill him :'(

They Killed Synch off because he was too powerful! well not at the time but he was a mutant who could synch with mutants & other super-beings in his area with full knowledge & understanding of their powers. marvel didnt want another SUPER POWERFUL mutant in the making so they axed him, he returned in Necrosha but hasnt been seen since... i personally feel he should have survived given his powers. i mean he was on an island with wolverine, x-23, & elixir. between them three he could have not only healed himself back to live fully but rid himself of the transmode virus as well. then with vanisher or blinks powers he could have fled the island but again marvel doesnt want Synch running around the Marvel universe

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They Killed Synch off because he was too powerful! well not at the time but he was a mutant who could synch with mutants & other super-beings in his area with full knowledge & understanding of their powers. marvel didnt want another SUPER POWERFUL mutant in the making so they axed him, he returned in Necrosha but hasnt been seen since... i personally feel he should have survived given his powers. i mean he was on an island with wolverine, x-23, & elixir. between them three he could have not only healed himself back to live fully but rid himself of the transmode virus as well. then with vanisher or blinks powers he could have fled the island but again marvel doesnt want Synch running around the Marvel universe

That would be a fine and welcome explanation for bringing him back.

And the whole excuse of getting rid of him because he's too powerful looks pretty weak when you consider he's got basically the same power-set as Hope Summers, who, to me, isn't half as interesting as he was.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By adamTRMM

@ageofhurricane:

Have you ever read Supreme Power? If not, I'd highly recommend. Yes, they "copied" the JLA concept, but turned it into a total "real world what if". How so? First of all, a crashed from the sky spaceship was found by a couple of farmers (sounds familiar no?), but right on the next panel a highly alarmed SWAT unit is already at their doorstep. That's how the writer parodies the Superman mythos with which I 100% agree. But that's not the point, even this fallen from the sky godlike boy's adoptive "government agents" parents are not, the point is how intense Government's presence was in forming his "perfect American" self-identity and was not just an attempt to make sure his personality won't move into the wrong direction the second they realize how potentially powerful he is, but with a wish of total control and backup plan if something really goes wrong. And that's all about just ONE super-powered boy.

What do we learn from here? I know 616 Earth is too "old", too traditional to make a huge step into another and new direction (Morrsion tried to, but gladly he did too many mistakes for his legacy to be accepted, but still we got to deal with what we got). You ask me what would I change? I'd turn X-mythos not just into a racial/minority struggles metaphor, I'd turn into the whole flaws of humanity critique. Is it so irrational to fear a super powered being? Hell no, if you ask me, there's no one I'd fear more than a telepath (dirty dirty mind lol), in the same time how can I possibly support an X-gene-positive teen be eliminated by a gigantic robot in the middle of street, more brutally than a rabid dog? Damn, the way humanity is portrayed right there, Magneto isn't right, he is too fu*king humane with them! And why the hell would an average Joe know how to distinguish a mutant from mutate? How are Hulk or Thing beloved heroes while Jean or Havok are menace? That will always be beyond me to comprehend, they all must be geneticists with an actual knowledge that mutants are the next level of human evolution and they all heartless enough to always justify the suffering of sentient beings, just because they'll maybe inherit the Earth? And still I fail to understand, how any of this has to do with minorities? Just because mutants are growing species in numbers, does a term "minority", the way we know it, can be really applied on them? Because if you ask me, there's a notable difference between a homosexual who tries to achieve his rights in the society just because his condition is different, and a living weapon that wants to be treated as normal? Would any of us feel safe among a person that can blow your mind with a thought? Again, everything always revolves around the same term - superpowers. Unlike the times when Claremont actually did everything to feel that they are a minority, these days this term has become a political link in endless games and machinations, too bad, but I cannot rely to this anymore.

In my vision, superpowered people should get controlled/usurped by the Governments, to be studied and used by them, and in the case of mutants, eventually understand they cannot stop their breeding and natural spreading worldwide, so they'll support schools like Xavier's and make anything that's possible for these "living weapons", in their eye, to be perfect citizens and patriots, because unlike Sentinels program that makes things unbalanced and explosive, Governments like order and profit. It doesn't mean there's no place for a well informed fanatics like Purifiers to do what they do, because they believe is a God's way - a really nice demonstration of one of humanity's biggest flaws. Weapon X/the Facility programs, to show how inhuman "so called" geneticists and staff, to make experiments on sentient beings (metaphor for not just humans, but a strong message for animal abuse as well, and if anyone is being offended by this comparison, that must be their own problem). But, the same time, to show how superior beings get treated like unworthy weaklings is just stupid. Of course not all mutants have offensive powers, still most of them are too dangerous to deal with. Magneto's background makes it clear how sequentially reasonable him being alienated from humanity, have his powerset and Messiah Complex, but Havok isn't really wrong, mutants are post-humans, who said all of them do feel so alienated from this humanity? The way Remender made it look was disgusting and self-ashamed, but there is a point in this. And while "all mutants are victims" I totally see a person that gains a pretty impressive powerset and starts to apply his newly gained God complex on regular humans proclaiming himself, let's say, a herald of a Dormant Master of the Universe (Dreaming Celestial), and who said they won't follow? People prayed to a mountain back in the days. The whole concept must be much more multifarious to begin with, so everyone could get his own interpretation.

My perfect "what if?" would be Storm stops a hurricane that could've devastate a country, Magneto repairs Earth's magnetosphere, Elixir travels the world with a wish to heal every sick person in a world. That is an alternative future, an "Utopia-that-could've-been" I'd show, and then we'll see how unachievable it is because in the present, human flaws like greed, fear, corruption and superiority complex are now getting the best from mutantkind as well.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xspectre28 said:

That would be a fine and welcome explanation for bringing him back.

And the whole excuse of getting rid of him because he's too powerful looks pretty weak when you consider he's got basically the same power-set as Hope Summers, who, to me, isn't half as interesting as he was.

not necessarily because hope's power only works on mutants synch's powers work on super beings period & hope doesnt have full control over all the powers she acquires plus synch died over a decade before hope was even thought of. hope is nothing more than a re-vamp of synch to a lesser degree

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By adamTRMM
@hawk2916 said:

For someone who doesnt understand, his Uncanny Xforce was probably the best thing weve gotten in the last decade.

K/Y's X-Force eliminated threats like Legacy virus, Purifiers, Godlike Selene, Bastion and his whole future IIRC, oh and they dealt with Stryfe and saved Hope. And the moral of the book was - sometimes things have to get dirty to achieve the peace, and I believe in this as well.

What UXF gave us? F*cked up Angel, Betsy (though it seems like writers don't give a sh*t), Fantomex, ruined AOA and its characters, multiple other potentially interesting characters killed off just like that. Oh, we got Wolverine's hypocrisy in justifying Kid A's murder pretty close to whole Schism thing, and future Wolvie telling himself Daken is must to be dealt with, yet him being dealt with is what about to ensure Red Onslaught. Almost every character was broken by killing, while what actually made the X-Force books so attractive is the killing, or not? So, what's the moral of Remender's X-Force?

I could argue that thise dont understand mythos either.

Feel free, I'd be interested to hear.

Bendis just does time travel all the time and tries to change established long standing characters just to piss off fans.

Isn't that exactly what Remender does? Wasn't that amusing when Wanda Maximoff calls Cyclops a threat, right among Red Skull and Apocalypse Twins?

And I could've continued...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By poisonfleur

Selene, Marrow, Yukio, Kymerra, Surge, and Madylene/Goblin Queen

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No Caption Provided

Ichisumi! Can we get her in a bigger role?She is such an original character!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: K/Y's Xforce was awesome as well. But IMO The Dark Angel Saga was one of the best stories written in quite a while. Most people liked it so Im not sure why I would need to sit here and justify a story that in most people's estimation was good if not great. IMO it was real, in the sense of a person being for so long in throws of war and what it does to their psyche. It's actually unrealistic to face the extinction of your race and the constant hatred and hunting of your species while everything you are trying to combat it isnt working, and just walk away unscathed all the time. It's why a lot of us go to the middle east and comeback with PTSD.

I would say Remender's Xforce is all about the consequences and effects of our choices, decisions and actions. We reap what we sow and it kind of shows what happens when you sink to the level of your opposition or when you fight fire with fire and how war be-gits more war. It shows what happens when you outwardly try to correct the world's problems or problems in other people while not solving or controlling your own inner demons or monsters.

Yeah we got Wolverine's hypocrisy but Aaron's whole Schism thing was stupid anyway so why should a superior writer be forced to follow such an inferior writer's lead on that.

While Remender uses time travel at times, as do other writers. Everything with Bendis is always an alternate reality or time-travel. The crossover's he's been involved with like Age of Ultron and BOTA are examples.

You can't really be an Aaron defender can you? The guy tries to sell us Snot Boy. He tries to get you to believe that a bunch of kids constantly outsmart veteran xmen, who have been trained by one of the most powerful minds on the planet and have constantly faced complex and extremely challenging issues. That kids have trained killers and former government agents and supervillians working for them in a school and just teaching terrorism and how to be bad. Really? Terrorist aren't terrorist just for the hell of it or just to be bad. He tries to tell us that characters who followed Scott everywhere all of sudden would follow Wolverine just because. Talk about being out of character. Storm was completely against Xforce and was pretty pissed at Wolverine but I guess that's not relevant. Kitty has regressed to being a teenager who hates Professor X again.

And Bendis' whole MO just seems to be about changing what's established. With Ultron Bendis just disregarded everything and did whatever. There's more that's happened in two issues of Uncanny Avengers than all of Bendis' books since AVX combined. Where's the revolution? Magneto was headed toward irrelevance like Xavier was before he was killed off. Breakdown the idea of the O5. If you go back to Endangered Species and look at all that Beast was doing to correct the issue. And now he can time-travel but instead of saving his mentor or stopping M-day, he decides to try and teach Scott a lesson by bringing the O5 to the present?

Like I said before, Remender has his flaws just like Claremont and Whedon and others. But IMO he's a far better writer than Bendis or Aaron. Bendis at times has decent ideas but no execution. Aaron is a joke.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

not necessarily because hope's power only works on mutants synch's powers work on super beings period & hope doesnt have full control over all the powers she acquires plus synch died over a decade before hope was even thought of. hope is nothing more than a re-vamp of synch to a lesser degree

The thing is, they have crazy powerful characters all the time, but if they don't fit into the narrative of the original X-men, they just don't really stand much chance of becoming a central character. Iceman, Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Legion, Cable, X-Man, and Hope Summers have all been ridiculously overpowered at different points in their stories, but they all fit within the convoluted extended narrative of the original X-men somehow.

Whereas characters like Synch, Chamber, Darwin, or even Rogue, who are established as being potentially just as powerful, but who don't have those direct associations with previously existing characters, never really become as central to the stories. Which to me just seems like a shame :/

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

K/Y's Xforce was awesome as well. But IMO The Dark Angel Saga was one of the best stories written in quite a while. Most people liked it so Im not sure why I would need to sit here and justify a story that in most people's estimation was good if not great. IMO it was real, in the sense of a person being for so long in throws of war and what it does to their psyche. It's actually unrealistic to face the extinction of your race and the constant hatred and hunting of your species while everything you are trying to combat it isnt working, and just walk away unscathed all the time. It's why a lot of us go to the middle east and comeback with PTSD.

Lol, I live in the ME. I see your point and DAS was a good story, I never said he is talentless, I just disliked the legacy. And I felt like making Archangel finally going nuts was too obvious plot, why must the demon inside always prevail? But that must be me.

I would say Remender's Xforce is all about the consequences and effects of our choices, decisions and actions. We reap what we sow and it kind of shows what happens when you sink to the level of your opposition or when you fight fire with fire and how war be-gits more war. It shows what happens when you outwardly try to correct the world's problems or problems in other people while not solving or controlling your own inner demons or monsters.

And the way I see it, the more silent you are, the more beaten you get, the more it eats from the inside how your inaction, might be the reason of your suffering. That's why I find the concept of X-force so great, because in a war weakness is being remembered, while relentlessness isn't any different. In the world where a bus full with ex-mutant children gets blown up by lunatics, this is the right f*cking time to feed those inner demons and monsters with every SOAB stands on the way. Well, again it's me :) I guess I just got used to the good feeling that book has given me.

You can't really be an Aaron defender can you? The guy tries to sell us Snot Boy. He tries to get you to believe that a bunch of kids constantly outsmart veteran xmen, who have been trained by one of the most powerful minds on the planet and have constantly faced complex and extremely challenging issues. That kids have trained killers and former government agents and supervillians working for them in a school and just teaching terrorism and how to be bad. Really? Terrorist aren't terrorist just for the hell of it or just to be bad. He tries to tell us that characters who followed Scott everywhere all of sudden would follow Wolverine just because. Talk about being out of character. Storm was completely against Xforce and was pretty pissed at Wolverine but I guess that's not relevant. Kitty has regressed to being a teenager who hates Professor X again.

And Bendis' whole MO just seems to be about changing what's established. With Ultron Bendis just disregarded everything and did whatever. There's more that's happened in two issues of Uncanny Avengers than all of Bendis' books since AVX combined. Where's the revolution? Magneto was headed toward irrelevance like Xavier was before he was killed off. Breakdown the idea of the O5. If you go back to Endangered Species and look at all that Beast was doing to correct the issue. And now he can time-travel but instead of saving his mentor or stopping M-day, he decides to try and teach Scott a lesson by bringing the O5 to the present?

Like I said before, Remender has his flaws just like Claremont and Whedon and others. But IMO he's a far better writer than Bendis or Aaron. Bendis at times has decent ideas but no execution. Aaron is a joke.

Me? Naahh. I'm one of the biggest Aaron bashers on this forum, his a failure of X-writer, which is a shame, his Thor is very, very nice =/ I'm with you on every word about Aaron and Bendis, completely.

I'm still interested where UA are going, the last issue, where were no politics, was very enjoyable.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Yea bro. I can understand that about the silence. I just got back from the ME so I guess fighting oppression with the approach that xforce does is right up my alley as well. I just think you have to in complete control of yourself when dealing with or crafting a response to certain situations. And with broken individulas in said situations it sometimes backfires

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cutter

I would loooove to see all of the Acolytes in this new year. They have been absent for too long...which would make me believe that the writes have something special for them (at lease I hope). I also want to see Exodus, Hellion, Surge, Boom Boom, Warpath, and more, but can't remember right now (so Many). Plus I would like to see all the villains back...like the Cherubim, Nasty Boys, Hellfire Club, Children of the Vault, Neo (from the Guardian Clan), and not to mention...The Mutant Liberation Front. Oh how I would like to see those back....especially Tempo and Forearm. if only They can bring them back to life. We need more villains because to tell you the truth....I am really tired seen the X-Men vs Avengers....they shouldn't be fighting each other....and the reason they do...is because there is no villains left for them to face...lol...how true...

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd like to see Echo make a comeback because I think she got the short end.