Bringing the Mutants back

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So since House of M is semi-retconned now, does this mean that the Mutants who got de-powered and still live, will become Mutants again? I want to know, as one of my faviourite mutants; Beak got de-powered and he hasn't been seen since about the Civil War and I find it annoying that the only child he has, which didn't get de-powered won't join the X-Men.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

So since House of M is semi-retconned now, does this mean that the Mutants who got de-powered and still live, will become Mutants again? I want to know, as one of my faviourite mutants; Beak got de-powered and he hasn't been seen since about the Civil War and I find it annoying that the only child he has, which didn't get de-powered won't join the X-Men.

Beak isn't likely to get re-powered any time soon, he's not popular enough. Same goes for his children.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Retcon isn't the right word for what happened.

And the current attitude that Marvel has towards the X-Men is that only a select few receive regular exposure usually the ones with strong fanbases or that may generate interest.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@takeshi55 said:

Retcon isn't the right word for what happened.

And the current attitude that Marvel has towards the X-Men is that only a select few receive regular exposure usually the ones with strong fanbases or that may generate interest.

but what about tempus shes new and they are giving her a five cb long arc

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then just bring Tito back for a few issues and see how popular he is. Just ignoring a mutant because he "went to the big city" is dumb, especially since the series keeps on showing how much people hate mutants.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but what about tempus shes new and they are giving her a five cb long arc

She's a well liked new character in a popular book with a strong following. If they had brought in Kiden Nixon instead of heri doubt she would have starred in the annual.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: jean grey had a strong fanbase and she was dead for 10 yrs

@takeshi55: is beak your favorite? you keep bringing him up

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: And now she's back as a teenager and one of, if not THE, most pushed X-Men characters currently. The new attitude Marvel has means they're taking advantage of the strong fanbases and recognizable characters.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: And now she's back as a teenager and one of, if not THE, most pushed X-Men characters currently. The new attitude Marvel has means they're taking advantage of the strong fanbases and recognizable characters.

but dont surge. hellion, and all the other new x-kids have a strong base and they seem like there not around

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

but dont surge. hellion, and all the other new x-kids have a strong base and they seem like there not around

Strong bases, but the average "fan" doesn't have a clue who they are. I know a few X-Men fans who didn't know who they were. As it is right now Eyeboy is more well known then Surge because he's so heavily featured in WatX-Men.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm really getting sick and tired of the disrespect shown to old fans in favor of new ones. Not to be insulting but since when should fans of WATX be given any credibility lol. Seriously though I'd be all for some of the depowered mutants being repowered. I thought it might be somewha interesting if some of the depowered mutants become mgh addicts and started doing anything to get it from crimes like theft to kidnapping scientist to try and restore powers to even going and seeking to join a program like Weapon X all in an effort to get their powers restored. I want ones like Dani Moonstar and even Jubilee though I've always hated her powers to be repowered. Shola Inkosi and Wind Dancer as well. Not too sure about Beak- guess I could deal with it but Beak was never interesting to me in fact I thought focusing on him was one of Morrison's many mistakes

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Takeshi55

I'm not saying Beak should be necessarily re-powered, just have Tito have some focus, as he's the only mutant left in his family and maybe his advanced aging and looks make him feel like an outcast, so he runs away and find the X-Men.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeshi55: Probably the Morlocks would be more likely

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what if depowered mutants came back with altered or different powers then before

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@koays said:

Strong bases, but the average "fan" doesn't have a clue who they are. I know a few X-Men fans who didn't know who they were. As it is right now Eyeboy is more well known then Surge because he's so heavily featured in WatX-Men.

What about Squirrel Girl getting her own book. shes not that popular and im guessing it wont survive the first issue, lol,.

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who knows? I truly hope so cause there are a few mutants that I would like to see back. Like Chamber, Aero, Rubbermaid, and more. I hope this retconned would bring those back.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand bringing the mutants back, but why Beak? He's the lease who should come back. I always thought he was useless and joining the X men? I think he's better off with the Morlocks. Well, that's me. I don't know about other people's opinion.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azalae said:

I understand bringing the mutants back, but why Beak? He's the lease who should come back. I always thought he was useless and joining the X men? I think he's better off with the Morlocks. Well, that's me. I don't know about other people's opinion.

beak's son doesn't want to be a x-men

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: kid omega is still around. he was "dead" at the end of morrisons run and then hes ok nowadays

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh ok. I guess I wouldn't blame him.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know how I missed this thread, haha. It brings up one of the biggest peeves I have with the whole AvX shindig. I want to know what happened to the depowered mutants. Why, or why do they not have their powers back? Having new mutants pop up slowly is pretty much the same story line as Hope when she first began collecting her "Lights". They say there are a lot mutants popping up on panel, but where are the old ones? Did any have kids with regular humans? Does it matter? What determined who got the X-gene?

@purepleazure4u said:

Who knows? I truly hope so cause there are a few mutants that I would like to see back. Like Chamber, Aero, Rubbermaid, and more. I hope this retconned would bring those back.

Chamber has his powers. Last I saw him was in X-Men Legacy, when Legion took over as a headliner with the title until its cancellation. (weeps)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: please dont remind me that the pink-haired fool is still around. Basically WATX was all about Quire

@ms-lola: I think Chamber has his powers now though.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: please dont remind me that the pink-haired fool is still around. Basically WATX was all about Quire

@ms-lola: I think Chamber has his powers now though.

when are they bringing astonishing back

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Poor guy, though. His power is pretty harsh.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Takeshi55

@ms-lola said:

I don't know how I missed this thread, haha. It brings up one of the biggest peeves I have with the whole AvX shindig. I want to know what happened to the depowered mutants. Why, or why do they not have their powers back? Having new mutants pop up slowly is pretty much the same story line as Hope when she first began collecting her "Lights". They say there are a lot mutants popping up on panel, but where are the old ones? Did any have kids with regular humans? Does it matter? What determined who got the X-gene?

Maybe they will get their powers back, but slowly. Also, a lot of the depowered mutants died, so that means there are still going to be a lot of newer mutants.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Gizmorino

Present mutants are o.k, de-powered mutanst should just get there powers back by terrigen mist and become inhumans

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

Maybe they will get their powers back, but slowly. Also, a lot of the depowered mutants died, so that means there are still going to be a lot of newer mutants.

True, although on panel I only know of the one kid who was swimming in the school's pool who passed away, and also, someone's young child when Wanda uttered those infamous words.

Personally, I think it was a cheap and lazy way of getting rid of so many characters brought into the Marvel mutant base. It is what is, though.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Takeshi55

@ms-lola said:

@takeshi55 said:

@ms-lola said:

True, although on panel I only know of the one kid who was swimming in the school's pool who passed away, and also, someone's young child when Wanda uttered those infamous words.

Personally, I think it was a cheap and lazy way of getting rid of so many characters brought into the Marvel mutant base. It is what is, though.

Actually, a lot of the de-powered mutants were killed in a bus, when they were being driven back to their homes.

A number of non-mutants died too, as some mutants used their powers to heal others, but since reality was re-written, the people they saved died during M-Day. Like they never had the powers at all.

Oh and I don't think it's so much that Wanda stopped Mutants many from existing, it's that she delayed their powers activating. Wanda can manipulate luck and reality, but I don't think she would be able to stop more mutants from being discovered. She just delayed the inevitable, so they got their powers later.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeshi55: Yes, I remember those who died on the bus but I was speaking of those who suddenly lost all their powers. House of M and M-Day are both stories I didn't particularly enjoy.

Interesting perspective on Wanda. I do know that she was able to restore the mutant powers of one X-Factor member but was prevented in restoring the powers of all the mutants because of something Iron Patriot did (I can't remember precisely what he did, but it was in reaction to Doom, or his thoughts on Doom). That also came across weird for me, since Rogue was presented as being very sympathetic to Wanda in that story arc with The Young Avengers, and yet was very different at the end of A vs X.

I've gotten over losing some favourite mutants, I just wish it was addressed somewhere instead of left dangling.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@takeshi55:

Marvel has Scarlet Witch, they can do whatver they want. Why she doesnt say "Canceling Hex "No More Mutants" or continue to "cure" de-power mutants into mutants again like she did on Children Crusaid. Or Phoenix, PF was able to make Mutant population growing, why Jean or Emma or Cyclops become PF host again and help the mutante population.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By adamTRMM

@hawk2916 said:

I'm really getting sick and tired of the disrespect shown to old fans in favor of new ones. Not to be insulting but since when should fans of WATX be given any credibility lol. Seriously though I'd be all for some of the depowered mutants being repowered. I thought it might be somewha interesting if some of the depowered mutants become mgh addicts and started doing anything to get it from crimes like theft to kidnapping scientist to try and restore powers to even going and seeking to join a program like Weapon X all in an effort to get their powers restored. I want ones like Dani Moonstar and even Jubilee though I've always hated her powers to be repowered. Shola Inkosi and Wind Dancer as well. Not too sure about Beak- guess I could deal with it but Beak was never interesting to me in fact I thought focusing on him was one of Morrison's many mistakes

lol!

Now that you mentioned it, I think both Sofia and Beak appeared in New Warriors vol.3 or 4, I can be mistaken, but I think there they included some of the most well-known depowered teenagers heavily associated with the X-men in the past. Pretty cool concept though, made a lot of sense continuity-wise, the exact antithesis to the current segregation of the X-comics and its characters, and especially past characters.

I absolutely agree with you that the issue of depowered mutants was handled, or more like totally mishandled, terribly weak. Both concepts you posted are pretty awesome and make a lot of sense. Actually, I do recall something that was also a very good idea from Liu's X-23 run where they send her volunteering for a facility that dealt with depowered mutants.

It's funny, but I never hated Beak although my complex attitude towards Morrison's run, of which Beak was almost the symbol. Also, he's basically the best characters whose POV on losing "powers" post M-day was more than just beneficial. I wonder if it was ever addressed but from this (original poor bastard)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

turning into this (armored tough guy), leaves no double meaning.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Moonlighterstone

OH GOD don't tell me they are going to use this poor Wanda once again to depower another 90% of mutants population. Except this time probably would be 60%? I think fans get more upset when characters act blatantly out of established type, or when things get retconned. I hope Marvel know what they are being up to.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@hawk2916 said:

lol!

Now that you mentioned it, I think both Sofia and Beak appeared in New Warriors vol.3 or 4, I can be mistaken, but I think there they included some of the most well-known of depowered teenagers heavily associated with the X-men in the past. Pretty cool concept though, made a lot of sense continuity-wise, the exact antithesis to the current segregation of the X-comics and its characters, and especially past characters.

I absolutely agree with you that the issue of depowered mutants was handled, or more like totally mishandled, terribly weal. Both concepts you posted are pretty awesome and make a lot of sense. Actually, I do recall something that was also a very good idea from Liu's X-23 run where they send her volunteering for a facility that dealt with depowered mutants.

It's funny, but I never hated Beak although my complex attitude towards Morrison's run, of which Beak was almost the symbol. Also, he's basically the best characters whose POV on losing "powers" post M-day was more than just beneficial. I wonder if it was ever addressed but from this (original poor bastard)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

turning into this (armored tough guy), leaves no double meaning.

What bugs me about Hope and the Mutants she discovered, is that I think most of them have the same powers as the de-powered New Warriors. Tempest and Oya definitely have the same powers. It makes me feel like everything about The New Warriors was pointless. :(

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What bugs me about Hope and the Mutants she discovered, is that I think most of them have the same powers as the de-powered New Warriors. Tempest and Oya definitely have the same powers. It makes me feel like everything about The New Warriors was pointless. :(

I'm just familiar with the concept, but I never really read it, so I can't say. But all of new mutants are pretty generic power-wise and uninteresting in general IMO.