Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

SERIOUSLY? WTF HAPPENED??

No Caption Provided

XX-men is mine and a few others' favorite x-title, from Marvel NOW. And in past interviews Wood spoke about his plans for the series-- Making the Sisterhood a more formidable enemy for the X-men, Bringing Rogue back, Keeping Jubilee and Shogo together. Now he's flaking out after issue 17 of this series.. What a fail! Wood is an AMAZING writer but some things that happen whether it's the artist he picks, the commitment, or inconsistencies is just a FAIL at times. I have to say I am hurt.

Apparently, Marc Guggenheim is going to be the next writer??? Who is he-- and should I be afraid?

Who else is royally disappointed???

http://www.newsarama.com/21152-brian-woods-x-men-run-to-go-out-with-a-bang-and-a-baby.html

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Im not, i really enjoyed the series when it first debuted but the end of the sister hood arc of whatever was very anti climatic and it just hasn't really lived up to all the hype the series had behind it. Good Luck to wood, and I hope this marc guy is just as good (if not better) and is prepared to stay the course

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

It looks like Dextor Soy will be artists for the first story that Marc Guggenheim writes.

I'm abit disappointed that Brian Wood is leaving, but his writing hasn't been great. I've only like 6 issues from the series so far.

Marc Guggenheim is the writer of the show Arrow.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

i just looked through Dextor soy's gallery and the few pic on there looked alright (kind animish but ok enough)

and Guggenheim does a good job on Arrow i do believe (i dont watch but it gets good reviews) so im exited ^^

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

@mcklayn said:

i just looked through Dextor soy's gallery and the few pic on there looked alright (kind animish but ok enough)

and Guggenheim does a good job on Arrow i do believe (i dont watch but it gets good reviews) so im exited ^^

I find the show Arrow boring. I stop watching the show during season 1.

Not sure about Dextor.

This X-Men title needs a really good artists. They should get rid off Terry Dodson, why is he still doing covers for this series. He is terrible artists.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I like Brian Wood, but I'm not too disappointed to be honest. It's not all his fault - so many special events beyond his control took place that this title never developed enough steam for me to invest my $$$ into it. I think too much attention was given to the gendered aspects of the cast, and I agree with the sentiment that introducing the baby was a bad idea. I get the feeling that Marvel isn't a fun place to be a writer nowadays; writers seem to have no room to plot long term storylines and ramifications, without running into editorial mandates, mega events and inconsistent direction. Brian Wood mentioned in a separate interview how writing the Generation X characters, Husk or Penance specifically, would be difficult because he has nostalgia for how they used to be (before they were ruined by other writers, I assume).

@mcklayn said:

Im not, i really enjoyed the series when it first debuted but the end of the sister hood arc of whatever was very anti climatic and it just hasn't really lived up to all the hype the series had behind it. Good Luck to wood, and I hope this marc guy is just as good (if not better) and is prepared to stay the course

I thought the Sisterhood was a bad idea; it focused too much on gender, once again.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I'm fine with him moving on. I don't think he had the desire or passion for writing the Claremazons (I think he is much more into the young X-Men), and this book has been dragging for quite a while.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly enjoyed his run, the Sisterhood arcs ending was the only down side to it really; But overall i liked what he was doing and the characters he was using. Plus i'm more excited for this current arc then i am for all but one of the other X-books.

It amazes me that he got moved off when he was probably writing more consistently then any of the other X-writers.....sigh, just hope the Arrow guy knows not to mess with the New X-men/XX-Men balance, its what makes this book unique.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d274c11c832a
deactivated-5d274c11c832a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's pretty a good news. Never liked his run on generation x and X-men.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I'm fine with him moving on. I don't think he had the desire or passion for writing the Claremazons (I think he is much more into the young X-Men), and this book has been dragging for quite a while.

I agree. He references the younger X-Men in most of the interviews I've read, and he seems to be one of those writers that introduced new characters to create new reactions in older characters.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just remember Guggenhiem did the Young Xmen series as well. Here's hoping he's better this time around

Alias99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found the current run of X-Men pretty boring, so I will not personally miss his writing. That doesn't mean the new writer will be any better ...