#1 Posted by darthphoenix (507 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really starting to love bendis.

1st i would like to commend Bendis for a job well done. BOTA's twists and turns just keep guessing on what will happen next. From now on, i'll just have to stop assuming on what will happen next.

The pencils was averange, but the colors made a big impact on every frame. So i thought heat between rachel and storm would escalate to a higher level, but kitty just stole the show. I thought kitty was just up for a ride with rachel, but this time, she made herself heard. Rachel was a bit relaxed and didnt say much.

One thing that got me really excited was the ending. emma frost wanting to take on future jean. she said she despises future jean, such an ingrate. Jean sacrificed her feeling for scott and gave him to emma, she even literally put each and every piece of emma back together to save her, yet she still despises her.

Now I'm excited for black queen to kick white queen's diamond ass.

#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

If editorial are unsure of what do with Emma, better she join Jean in the WHR for a coffee and a 2 yr vacation or something.

#3 Posted by darthphoenix (507 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still wondering, how her costume sticks to her skin? i think one of the cuckoos colored her hair black.

#4 Posted by M3th (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

WHen did sHe put eacH and every piece of Emma back togetHer?

-Abstract 4$$#073-

#5 Posted by oldnightcrawler (3452 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

WHen did sHe put eacH and every piece of Emma back togetHer?

-Abstract 4$$#073-

In New X-Men #141 - Whodunit?, the last chapter of "Murder at the Mansion" from Morrison's run.

#6 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read this yet, but I just hope that Emma's confrontation has a real reason to it, that in all she had something planned, and it wasn't her picking a fight just because. I wish both sides end up in good terms by next chapter. :/

Emma doesn't have to revolve around her hate for Jean Grey, and now that she and Scott are done it's about time to move on, and coming to terms with her former hate for Jean Grey could be a good start.

I really just hope this isn't just a way for Bendis to have Jean look good once again.

#7 Posted by PhoenixEgg (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot wait to read this!

#8 Edited by M3th (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: THanks doode. You're always really Helpful and informative.

-Abstract 4$$#073-

#9 Posted by Veitha (2320 posts) - - Show Bio

She hates Jean coz the Phoenix Force has killed most of her daughters, and let's not forget what the "sacred cow" did to her just before putting her together. Invading someone's mind and telepathically raping them isn't very polite(Emma did this a lot of times, yeah, but at least she didn't tried to sound like the good girl). Emma promised revenge on Jean, it's good that Bendis remembered this.

I may like the fact that Emma will become Jean's teacher, it would be a good development. I don't want Emma having a fight with Jean, even if Emma won, it would be useless. Even the whole rivalry between them is useless now, the situation is different. The Jean we knew is dead, there's a new version of her. Old Emma is quite dead too, she's totally different now(this doesn't mean that I like this) and she wants to behave differently.

I'm happy to hear that finally Bendis will make Emma Frost talk by herself, I just hope that she'll say a darling or two.

#10 Edited by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

She hates Jean coz the Phoenix Force has killed most of her daughters, and let's not forget what the "sacred cow" did to her just before putting her together. Invading someone's mind and telepathically raping them isn't very polite(Emma did this a lot of times, yeah, but at least she didn't tried to sound like the good girl). Emma promised revenge on Jean, it's good that Bendis remembered this.

yeah it's not like Emma did anything wrong to make Jean so angry...oh wait

#11 Edited by Veitha (2320 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93 said:

@veitha said:

Scott's and Jean's marriage was dying, the both felt that. And when Jean was flirting and kissing Logan no one complained, right?

I don't want to turn this into a Jean/Emma battle(it happens in every thread I show up ;), I start wondering if it's me and if I should flag myself lol), and as I said I think that Emma and Jean rivalry has to come to an end after all these years, and Emma being Jean's teacher would be the perfect solution to it.

#12 Edited by PhoenixEgg (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean doesn't need lessons on provocative attire. She can style herself like a hooker just fine when she feels the need. See the HCT storyline.

There's nothing Emma can teach her.

#13 Edited by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93 said:

@veitha said:

lol like steal her husband.....if anything it is jean who should have it out with emma

#14 Edited by Veitha (2320 posts) - - Show Bio

@phoenixegg said:

Jean doesn't need lessons on provocative attire. She can style herself like a hooker just fine when she feels the need. See the HCT storyline.

There's nothine Emma can teach her.

She can teach her everything! She is the most skilled telepath currently alive, she can make Jean the best telepath ever. Don't be biased just because you're a Jean's fan. It would also be an interesting storyline, it would create a completely new relationship between them,

And talking about style, Emma is the best there is :P

#15 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthphoenix:

that zorn/jean makes me nervous, i wouldnt be surprised if zorn/jean end up being Mystique or hell even Cassandra Nova. Did any one see zorn/jean say boo, my dear in x-men 5??? Creepy.....

#16 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing Emma can teach her.

oh snap!!! but seriously teen jean does need better fashion sence....look at this:

couldnt she steal nicer clothes yeesh!!!!LOL

#17 Posted by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

@mechem_93 said:

@veitha said:

Scott's and Jean's marriage was dying, the both felt that. And when Jean was flirting and kissing Logan no one complained, right?

I don't want to turn this into a Jean/Emma battle(it happens in every thread I show up ;), I start wondering if it's me and if I should flag myself lol), and as I said I think that Emma and Jean rivalry has to come to an end after all these years, and Emma being Jean's teacher would be the perfect solution to it.

All I'm saying is Emma wasn't a victim as you may have suggest....but I agree, let's not turn this into a Jean vs Emma thread :) we'll have plenty of those if the spoilers are true lol

#18 Edited by PhoenixEgg (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Emma never held a candle to Jean in anything besides dressing sexy, and even Jean could show skin. Jeen would be better served not associating with Emma beyond hiding from the Future X-Men in the same building that Emma lives in.

#19 Posted by Chapmar (171 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_goddess_of_chaos: hey she was on the run in that last panel and didn't have time to get picky on what to wear lol green suits her tough ..

#21 Edited by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_goddess_of_chaos: hey she was on the run in that last panel and didn't have time to get picky on what to wear lol green suits her tough ..

Why does jean always have to wear green i dont think it suits her(it remains me of x-mas red hair and green suits) but then again everything clashes with red hair like blue or purple

#22 Edited by Chapmar (171 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Chapmar (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_goddess_of_chaos: Yeah, yeah, ok. I am getting my coat and heading outside. It's raining outside. Just so you know.

#25 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

@the_goddess_of_chaos: Yeah, yeah, ok. I am getting my coat and heading outside. It's raining outside. Just so you know.

what a fitting punishment....lol

#26 Posted by Chapmar (171 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

@the_goddess_of_chaos: But like.... the rain drops are.... like.... dropping and..... wetness.....

aww poor you....go under a tree

#28 Edited by Chapmar (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_goddess_of_chaos: But the water drips off the tree. And not only is it wet but it is also leafy and sappy.....

#29 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

@the_goddess_of_chaos: But the water drips off the tree. And not only is it wet but it is also leafy and sappy.....

ok were off topic here....lol XD

#30 Posted by Chapmar (171 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by darthphoenix (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma sounded jealous on her argument with scott." the only thing you love more than the faded memories of jean grey is yourself. Now you get to have both"

Why would she want to pick a battle with jean when they both want to bring the young jean back to the past?

#32 Posted by Veitha (2320 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked a lot this issue, at least we had some development for Emma Frost. I just want to see the battle between Xorna and Emma and her daughters(I'm liking the fact that the Cuckoos are completely on Emma's side now),

Lol Emma never held a candle to Jean in anything besides dressing sexy, and even Jean could show skin. Jeen would be better served not associating with Emma beyond hiding from the Future X-Men in the same building that Emma lives in.

but we are talking about young Jean, Emma would be a perfect teacher for her, also about dressing, sexy or not sexy. Anyway I don't think that we are going to see this kind of development between them at this point.

#33 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude... DUDE. That last panel WAS GOLD.

The way @darthphoenix put it, I really though Emma was going to pick a fight with Jean Grey just because, but what we got is a whole different story. She is picking a fight, sure, but it's to actually defend young Jean. And she is right, she do want to sent the kids back to where they belong, but that is just not the way to do it, and the way Xorna is talking to herself, it's like she despises her younger self.

#34 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. Skimmed the issue to the last page, LOL at Emma's comment. Credit where it's due and all, Bendis is funny.

#35 Posted by adamTRMM (855 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto is with his helmet on, how was he frozen? I hate plot holes, yeah I also hate time travel, over and over and over and over again.

#36 Posted by darthphoenix (507 posts) - - Show Bio