Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Besides claremont did morrison have the best run of all time? (23 votes)

Yes 39%
No 61%

I believe that chris claremonts run on uncanny xmen is the GREATEST comic book run of all time. But if claremont didnt ever take on the xmen franchise id think that grant morrisons new xmen is the best run by any one not named chris claremont.

Do you think morrison has the 2nd best xmen run, if not who do u think does (comment below who you think).

#1 Posted by Billy Batson (58381 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Statix ftw \m/
BB

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison's run (which is the best) is much better than Claremont's.

#3 Posted by CheeseSticks (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss Whedon, Fabian Nicieza and Kieron Gillen were better IMO.

I really don't get the love around his run. The art was awful, Magneto was out of character, most of it was bad.

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks said:

Joss Whedon, Fabian Nicieza and Kieron Gillen were better IMO.

I really don't get the love around his run. The art was awful, Magneto was out of character, most of it was bad.

Magneto was inhaling a sentient bacteria that was affecting his actions.

In Gillen's/Bendis'/Fraction's runs, he's out of character.

#5 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto could not have been more in character.

#6 Posted by Saren (25133 posts) - - Show Bio

Spare a thought for Chuck Austen. He crucified a bunch of mutants on the lawn of the X-Mansion. Subtlety is so passe when it comes to portrayals of persecution.

#7 Edited by gambit75 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually miss Grant Morrison' s version of Magneto because Magneto was actually portrayed as a villain.

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Whedon's run was my favorite

#10 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Whedons would be 3rd all time imo

#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Yes he did. The epitome of modern X-Comics and a piece of literature that really pushes the mutant metaphor to the forefront, ofc he needed to get pushed out.

#12 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Id also loved morrisons xorn character

#13 Posted by Xwraith (21637 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked both Whedon's Astonishing and Remender's Uncanny X-Force more than New X-Men.

#14 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: i liked both of those two ALOT but i still think grants is better

#15 Posted by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

It's very subjective, many people think Morrison's run it's even better than Claremont's (I don't) others may view it as overrated. I liked it but I prefer Gillen's run. The impact it had on the franchise though it's undeniable, second only to Claremont's.

#16 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93: yes morrisons run had a HUGE impact there would have never been whedons astonishing if there was never grants xmen

#17 Edited by knighthood (1745 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by SC (13409 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be torn between Morrison and PAD if we can include X-Factor, and Milligan if X-Statix is also included. I also kind of think Lobdell's Generation X run was charming in its own way. I detract points for the later two with their other contributions. Heh heh. PAD's X-Factor run mainly because of the length and consistency mind you. Morrison as far as quality per issue, pound for pound, I think would have an even better run than Claremont. I liked Carey's run, but felt he underperformed. Also I preferred his team issues even as big of a fan of Xavier and Rogue I am. Just those issues felt way too drawn out.

Morrison packed a lot of great quality issues and stories into his run. He made the franchise relevant again, and revitalized characters and themes that had grown stagnant. Only thing I didn't like about his run was knowing he wanted to change Rogue into a black haitian voodoo princess and a certain sensitive real life disaster tragedy seemed to influence him and his admittance of just deciding to ignore 20 years of history of a character under a writer he was an admitted fan of - just so he could write a grouchy one dimensional terrorist. Given his amazing ability to capture the best of characters across their entire histories and sum them up and present them as a tighter neat package that was a let down. Way easy to overlook considering he revamped Emma into the character he made her and Marvel wouldn't let him write Colossus or Moira. Colossus and Moira really deserved to be in some good modern day X-Men stories.

#19 Posted by Wolverine08 (45714 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison's run is the best X run ever. The man truly gets the X-Men, and Marvel should get him back to write the X-Men again if they want to save them from the garbage Marvel is slowly turning them into.

#20 Edited by knighthood (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Ellis?

#21 Edited by TDK_1997 (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison's run is the best run ever,not Claremont's run.

#22 Edited by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Being honest even though it is still in it's infant stages, I believe that Bendis is writing easily the most character heavy and exciting stories that have ever been written. I am a huge fan of Whedon's run too, I think Morrison's run was over-rated and I too absolutely despise his Magneto.

There is a difference between a villain acting like a villain and a god-damned genocide inflicting bastard.

#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

Being honest even though it is still in it's infant stages, I believe that Bendis is writing easily the most character heavy and exciting stories that have ever been written. I am a huge fan of Whedon's run too, I think Morrison's run was over-rated and I too absolutely despise his Magneto.

There is a difference between a villain acting like a villain and a god-damned genocide inflicting bastard.

Please don't have kids.

#24 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

I certainly don't plan to FadeToBlackBolt!

#25 Posted by BullPR (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Since the 80-early 90s, the best period, for me, is the sum of the events from House of M and finishing just before Avengers vs X-Men (When Cable solos the Avengers).