#1 Posted by Koays (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Abigail Brand pregnant? I'm not sure if this was my own imagination, or poor interpretation but her convo with Magneto seemed like it was implying this at the end of AvX, but i may have just lost my sense while reading. Anyone else get that interpretation?

#2 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Is Abigail Brand pregnant? I'm not sure if this was my own imagination, or poor interpretation but her convo with Magneto seemed like it was implying this at the end of AvX, but i may have just lost my sense while reading. Anyone else get that interpretation?

^this really does make it sound like that.

hmm. kind of forgot about this..

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6252 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought "broody" meant interested in having children rather than being pregnant.

#4 Edited by Koays (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: I forgot it too, until i dropped WatX-Men's graduation issue and saw her. I'm just not sure if she's even made any other appearances post AvX that may have explained it.

#5 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought "broody" meant interested in having children rather than being pregnant.

that does make more sense with the actual definition of the word, but I read it the other way too.

#6 Posted by Koays (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea but then the final words of warning to Magneto loses alot of power.

#7 Posted by adamTRMM (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like the idea was dropped the second Gillen left the X-books. Shame, it was an interesting development, all of it, especially Brand's help acknowledging her status.

#8 Posted by HAWK2916 (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

She died in Spurrier's Legacy run and then was resurrected by Legion. I would guess that even if she was supposedly pregnant, that wouldn't be the case anymore. Unless she had the baby and is keeping it quiet from everyone including Beast. In which case, that would be high drama

#9 Posted by Koays (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

She died in Spurrier's Legacy run and then was resurrected by Legion. I would guess that even if she was supposedly pregnant, that wouldn't be the case anymore. Unless she had the baby and is keeping it quiet from everyone including Beast. In which case, that would be high drama

Didn't really read Legacy. I take it there was no mention of pregnancy when she was there?

#10 Posted by HAWK2916 (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. No mention. She was in a few issues and was killed along with Chamber when Legion lost it. Both were resurrected though