#1 Edited by THORSON (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

How would you feel if wolverine lost his powers for 40%-50% of the movie?

would you still enjoy the movie?

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

It sounds like they're removing his healing factor, not necessarily the rest of his powers. As I recall, they said something about him wanting to die after living for so long - though I may be wrong.

I think it could help raise the stakes, definitely.

#3 Posted by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting premise actually. That being said, I don't have a lot of faith that this movie will be any good.

#4 Edited by Teerack (5329 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll probably have no powers for like 80% of the movie and it doesn't really change my feelings one way or another.

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

It sounds like they're removing his healing factor, not necessarily the rest of his powers.

It'd be pretty awful if they completely removed the healing factor alone. See here:

They're probably just weakening it enough that he can age and die. Still raising the stakes.

#6 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith

Yeah, popping his claws would be painful as hell. Maybe an excuse to make him go all samurai?

I suppose, like you said, there is the possibility that it only limits his near-immortality.

#7 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm more than fine with it. it'll just make him think his next more carefully...... i hope. i remember one time he lost his powers he went at it with sabes to save yukio with vindicator's suit. it was so gritty and cool. he never gave up.

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Yeah, popping his claws would be painful as hell. Maybe an excuse to make him go all samurai?

I suppose, like you said, there is the possibility that it only limits his near-immortality.

Actually, the point wasn't the pain. Every time he pops his claws, they cut through the skin on his hand to come out. Which is about as painful as it sounds, every single time. When he retracts them, it heals, good as new. So if his healing factor is completely shut off, you get the aforementioned video.

#9 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith

Um yeah, I know....that was my point. If he pops his claws even once, he ends up with three bloody knife wounds on his fist...which would be painful.

#10 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Um yeah, I know....that was my point. If he pops his claws even once, he ends up with three bloody knife wounds on his fist...which would be painful.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood: I thought you meant that popping his claws BEFORE losing the healing wasn't painful already. My bad.

#11 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the period of time the movie is suppose to span? Wolverine only survived the adamantium bonding process and still continues to live with the adamantium is because he had a healing factor. Even in the comics it was shown (when High Evolutionary turned off the mutant gene) that without his healing factor he will die from adamantium poisoning and probably bleed to death from using his claws after a while. Don't see why it would be any different in any other reality, but then again this is the movies, so...

#13 Posted by God_Spawn (37313 posts) - - Show Bio

I think his healing is just more or less downgraded severely. He did say he wasn't healing like before and from other parts of the trailer like him getting shot and getting beaten up easily, I took that as he can still heal to the point of using his claws and stuff, but injuries are taking their toll on him.

#14 Posted by PunyParker (8948 posts) - - Show Bio

He will,but he's regain them...

#15 Posted by YoungJustice (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

Fox doesn't have the balls to permanently depower him or let him die. They honestly should have set this movie for after DoFP.

#16 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't see any point to removing characters' powers in this way and even less for it to happen during a movie. His healing factor was never shown to be that powerful in the films, anyway, so not seeing any dramatic tension in him needing to rely on a samurai blade - him having all three would be redundant, anyway. I think some writers think it allows further character development, but it has to be treated in a certain way, otherwise it just becomes replaced by some other amped set of abilities which defeats the point. Not sure if movies, with limited time constraints, would be able to explore this in a satisfying way.