Avengers & X-Men Axis #1 discussion (SPOILERS!!)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So what did you all think of the issue? Off the top of my head, I found the interaction between scott and bobby weird lol. And why is wanda having such a hard time dealing with red onslaught, i think she is godlike powerful?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda's got limits, mental attack is definetly one.

It was a little weird the way the X-Men all showed up. I mean i expected them to come and help, and then ban together for those exact reasons...but still the dialogue was clunky.

Roguefan78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't expecting to like as much as I did. I think the dialogue was clunky and didn't feel quite right in certain parts, and the art was kind of bad lol. But I liked Rogue in this issue, and it sounds like Rick Remender has a plan for her in this event. I'm at least in for the next issue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

teen jean was part of the roster for the issue, so maybe we'll see more development or feats from her telepathically

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Anybody thinks adult cyke might die in axis?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Im a Remender fan but really I dont know if its event fatigue or what but yet again I find myself picking apart another premise. I thought this event follows the weakest story arc of Remender's Uncanny Avengers run. So........... Red Skull hates mutants so much that he basically becomes one really. I mean if I truly despise something I want no parts of it at all. Then Xavier is running around in people's heads with the top of his head cut off, really? Along with some of the clunky dialogue, this premise doesnt seem well thought out. It almost feels as if they are trying to make up for how AVX made everyone involved just look bad. But this just feels forced.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

teen jean was part of the roster for the issue, so maybe we'll see more development or feats from her telepathically

Eh, does this occur before or after they return form the Ultimate universe ?

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dman1366

@martinceld: do we really need more power boost? I mean she can turn purple and destroy the shi'ar royal guard. She doesn't even need the rest of the team. They might as well rename ANXM to "Jean Grey and some people she happened to go to school with for a couple days"

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@dman1366 said:

@martinceld: do we really need more power boost? I mean she can turn purple and destroy the shi'ar royal guard. She doesn't even need the rest of the team. They might as well rename ANXM to "Jean Grey and some people she happened to go to school with for a couple days"

haha, yeah. And yet there's still people who think she needs a solo title..

to be fair though, @martinceld never said she needed a power boost, just that maybe we'd see her use her using or developing her powers; and that could be cool.

I mean, the only reason to give a teenager god-like powers in the first place would be to explore what that means. Which, honestly, hasn't been done well since the 80's (with Rachel, Magik, and Legion), and which seems like something Jean was sort of the prototype for anyway. So, if they're bothering to reintroduce her character*, it sort of makes sense to take her in this direction.

In the original series, Jean wasn't really important until the late 70's, so her character was never really well developed compared to the other classic members; I feel like Bendis is using this version of the character to show her how she could have been if she'd had the character treatment of younger characters like Kitty (central, point of view character), Rachel (god-like powers, knowledge of the future), or Magik (totally down to earth and also ominously out of touch with humanity), the combination of which all seems more befitting for the original X-girl than the way she was originally depicted.

*(not that I think they need too, but then I'm not a huge Jean Grey fan).

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: As a huge Jean Grey fan, I don't think they need to either. I mean between the 70s, 80s, early 90s and Morrison she got enough character development to be considered well defined. It's just spaced out....though I guess for the simplicity of confusion Jean Grey didn't do anything but go Phoenix and marry Scott. Seems like a step backwards in characterization to me.

Anyway, how about those Stark Sentinels? I know someone once suggested that they get them...whoever it was congrats! you've probably killed the X-men.

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Materiel

The way he dove for that spear and it only turned out to be a scratch instantly put Monty Python into my head.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Wanda's got limits, mental attack is definetly one.

It was a little weird the way the X-Men all showed up. I mean i expected them to come and help, and then ban together for those exact reasons...but still the dialogue was clunky.

I get the feeling that the dialogue is deliberately clunky. Almost like, they're not themselves? Which could be hinting that the Skulls plans have been in the works for a while and now Red Onslaught has his fingers in their brains already. Remember, this is just the beginning of the ride, I expect there to be a lot of twists and turns coming up. Or maybe I'm overly optimistic.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi: That's a good point, I mean other than mystery meetings with Kang we don't know what Skull has been doing since the first arc, an if mind controlling the world was his plan all along it would make sense to get into the heroes heads early .

Though a stretch because Marvel being so 'new reader friendly' might stop them from wanting to explore how and why characters are acting different from the way they normally are in there own books.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man they killed Evan again dang i was hoping this would be his moment like in x factor but hey such is life. Man poor Janet still she broke down at a messed up time though not good at all.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: like havok said he doesn't hate them he is jealous of them so bad he hates them. So it's jealousy plus hatred that's twisting the red skull's head, that should be probably why he became one.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is what i would liked to see but how can she be at two places at once(ie ultimate universe,616-verse)????? Or maybe it happened before she left?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

my favorite part

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same, I really do just hope that this actually does bring them back together. I have a feeling it will just fracture them all into completely new teams again and not have the "family back" I want Storm and Cyc to be pals again where they have blue and gold.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xrs10 said:

Same, I really do just hope that this actually does bring them back together. I have a feeling it will just fracture them all into completely new teams again and not have the "family back" I want Storm and Cyc to be pals again where they have blue and gold.

well thats wishful thinking :)

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xrs10 said:

What I hope is rachel to take over control of JGS and the whole gold side, stop the arrhate and turn jgs into a friggin military school so mutants would become revolutionaries for the future, and also to kick storm ass, well storm will be to busy with the sales gimmick of death of wolverine so she can do a non hostile take over without storm even noticing

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula said:

@xrs10 said:

What I hope is rachel to take over control of JGS and the whole gold side, stop the arrhate and turn jgs into a friggin military school so mutants would become revolutionaries for the future, and also to kick storm ass, well storm will be to busy with the sales gimmick of death of wolverine so she can do a non hostile take over without storm even noticing

nah rachel doesnt have a strong base like storm or spiderman(and the x-men)

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StarWatcher

NO SHUT UP I DO NOT WANT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starwatcher: i also don't wanna think of it but it always come to me. Adult cyke die will be damned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld said:

That is what i would liked to see but how can she be at two places at once(ie ultimate universe,616-verse)????? Or maybe it happened before she left?

well psylocke is in the desert with cable and the rest of x-force, while also in outter space with rachel and the xx-men and apparently also here to fight red onslaught lol. the x-men are notorious for being in different places at once

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld said:

I need to know as well. Does this happen before, or after the Ultimate Universe thing ? Seems to me lke it's after.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@martinceld said:

I need to know as well. Does this happen before, or after the Ultimate Universe thing ? Seems to me lke it's after.

Agreed

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:
No Caption Provided

my favorite part

That was a really good scene.

Yep, good scene and set up for Marvel's newest ongoing X-title: The Dysfunctional X-men....nothing will ever be the same again!

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would love to share my thoughts, but the comic book's store has to pre-order them cause they were all sold out. Once they get there...I will get a text and will be hold for me. I see Magneto with the X-Men. Ain't he was going to be with the villains? I'm glad he didn't. Also...Havok should join Cyclops...so he can help him. Cyclops is going to need his brother...like right now. Can't wait to read this...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

I would love to share my thoughts, but the comic book's store has to pre-order them cause they were all sold out. Once they get there...I will get a text and will be hold for me. I see Magneto with the X-Men. Ain't he was going to be with the villains? I'm glad he didn't. Also...Havok should join Cyclops...so he can help him. Cyclops is going to need his brother...like right now. Can't wait to read this...

agreed

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula: military school?! Lol i think that's what cyke is doing in uncanny xmen and the cucoos are in support of it but some of the student are reluctant....... At least at cyclops school or should i say military base.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

my favorite part

My favorite also.

And if this is what would happen, Havok joining Cyclops and the XM, then. this would B the best for the XM. I'm not saying Cyclops shouldn't lead the XM, but IMO Havok prob lead them better. Cyclops need a vaca.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think teen jean is powerful enough to take on red onslaught by herself

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But if the teen Jeen is in the Ultimate Universe, how she can fight against Red Onslaught?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she was in axis 1

TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TrekGrey

We know that teen Jean was in Axis #1, but how can she be in the Mainstream Universe and in the Ultimate one at the same time? Does Axis happened before or after the dimension-hopping? And why is she the only O5 present? I hope at least that she will crush Red Onslaught.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I certainly hope they dont try to make Jean the superstar of this. Also I'm quite sure it won't sick but did both Evan and Quire die? If so and it sticks this event has already exceeded expectations for me.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Avengers & The X-Men Axis #2 Discussion?