#1 Edited by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok.... I've been caught up with X-Men for about a year now and i've read almost everything they've had to offer in this century and a little from last century, but I started watching Astonishing X-Men motion comics, as a substitute for the non existing, yet :), xmen television show :(. Watching this only reminded me how confusing this arc was, I don't understand the whole Emma being in the hellfire club, but there's twi emmas, can someone just explain it to me, its' irritated me since i've read it lol

#2 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Negasonic, Ellie, Shaw and Perfection ( Other Emma) were actually psionic projections created by Emma under Cassandra's influence. Cassandra Nova had placed a portion of her mind in Emma's, she played on her fears, doubts and guilt.

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much what x_29 said. Emma Frost was feeling guilty about surviving the destruction of Genosha and Cassandra Nova was playing on those feelings. I admit that I was really confused when I first read that arc, but after I read New X-Men, it started making more sense in the end.

#4 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4261 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

Negasonic, Ellie, Shaw and Perfection ( Other Emma) were actually psionic projections created by Emma under Cassandra's influence. Cassandra Nova had placed a portion of her mind in Emma's, she played on her fears, doubts and guilt.

Pretty much what x_29 said. Emma Frost was feeling guilty about surviving the destruction of Genosha and Cassandra Nova was playing on those feelings. I admit that I was really confused when I first read that arc, but after I read New X-Men, it started making more sense in the end.

The other Emma (Perfection) was how Emma saw herself through other people's eyes (because she can literally do that), as she had been before, when she was a ruthless villain.

#5 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

i think ive had to read that arc 3 times (and read about it online) to fully get it hahaha. you are not alone

#6 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Torn arc was the most confusing arc in the entire run of Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

Regardless of if Torn wasn't clear to follow, it came from Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run, so it's still great :D.

#8 Posted by Veitha (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, me too. At first I didn't understand everything about it, then I read New X-Men and I understood much of it.

#9 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4261 posts) - - Show Bio

Regardless of if Torn wasn't clear to follow, it came from Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run, so it's still great :D.

haha! I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, but I agree with this.