Are there any? Or should there be Mutant animals in Marvel

Avatar image for da_real_major_badass
Da_Real_Major_Badass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't read enough X-men titles to know if there are any, if there aren't, Does anyone else feel like there shuld be Mutant animals in the Marvel Universe, I don't mean Mutants with animal like powers, or animals who given powers, or alien animals, I mean other animals who were born with powers and differentiate from the rest of their species or genus, and have enhanced, and or special/differe abilities/powers, and have the X-men study them, and adopt some, and protect them as fellow mutants, would anyone want this? (I would LOVE this)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

also let me know if this has already been asked, or if it already happened

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Pokemon

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That Shark-Scorpion pick is badass. As far as mutant animals I guess maybe you could call Lockheed one. Maybe the panther that Storm's alternate/future reality daughter has with her could be considered one. Brightwind maybe with Dani. I think in the new Wolverines book a character named Fantomelle has a mutant cat with her but it might be a bit early to say definitively that the cat is a mutant as opposed to Fantomelle just being able to communicate with it or that its somebody's soul transferred into the animal. But either way I'm not really sure if any of the animals would be considered actual mutants

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Koays
No Caption Provided

I maintain my belief that this is a mutant gecko despite no evidence to support it

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@koays: Lol. I would say its something that dropped out of mutants nose or backside and bec ca me sentient

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Really though, this things been around for a decade and the only one freaked out by it is Polaris.....and they think she's crazy

Avatar image for da_real_major_badass
Da_Real_Major_Badass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In another thread where I got this Idead from (But I can't find anymore), someone said something I liked, that if it happend they could add milk from a mutant goat as part of the Xavier School lunch menu

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lockheed the dragon

Howard the Duck (maybe)

Lockheed is not a mutant but an alien.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM

Very good question I asked myself reading an article about species at the verge of extinction several weeks ago. Some very nice thought provoking allegories can be made, I'm all for animal abuse/poaching marginalizing stories.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC Jean and Beast found a mutant that he thought was a human mutant going through the reversed evolution Beast was going through, after having Jean do a psi probe, it turned out to be a mutant cat and not a mutant human, that later died. The origins of the X-gene past and present really doesn't leave room for mutant animals. The X-gene is all about human evolution started by the Celestials and revisited by the Phoenix.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

If I remember correctly Wolverine was meant to actually be a mutant Wolverine before they decided to go in another direction.

Still I guess it depends on how they do it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ultimatekey said:

@westfriesianman said:

lockheed the dragon

Howard the Duck (maybe)

Lockheed is not a mutant but an alien.

Howard the Duck is also an alien.