Appearance (Help)

leezju92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I am new to the comic collecting gig but was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having. I would like to start collecting comics involving these four people/groups and would really appreciate it if someone could give me some issues to check out.

1. Jamie Madrox

2. Sunspot

3. Cannonball

4. Magneto/Brotherhood Of Mutants

Thanks for your time.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Djainess

@leezju92 said:

I am new to the comic collecting gig but was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having. I would like to start collecting comics involving these four people/groups and would really appreciate it if someone could give me some issues to check out.

1. Jamie Madrox

2. Sunspot

3. Cannonball

4. Magneto/Brotherhood Of Mutants

Thanks for your time.

If you want to read about Madrox, go for X-factor by Peter David, awesome series. For Sunspot and Cannonball, I'd say start with new mutants. It's somewhat dated of course, but it's good :).

brianbaligad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing you've already read New Mutants? It has Sam Guthrie, Roberto Da Costa, and a gentler Magnus too. Magneto also has an excellent ongoing book. Brotherhood Of Mutants is from the silver-age, and then they turned into Freedom Force in the 80s. They play a big role during Magnus' trial in UXM #200. There are some fun X-Men First Class issues that involve the brotherhood.

No Caption Provided

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Magneto have a solo book which I'm trying to go for it, then I will go with Jean. I mean teen Jean. Ugh this is so confusing lol.

leezju92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djainess: I have started reading the X-factor series by Peter David.....Awesome! I have read quite a bit of the New Mutants books but was wanting to find some of the really standout moments of Sunspot and Cannonball.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leezju92 said:

@djainess: I have started reading the X-factor series by Peter David.....Awesome! I have read quite a bit of the New Mutants books but was wanting to find some of the really standout moments of Sunspot and Cannonball.

Ha! Glad you like it ^^. As for Sunspot and Cannonball, maybe @oldnightcrawler might be able to give you some advice?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@djainess said:

@leezju92 said:

Ha! Glad you like it ^^. As for Sunspot and Cannonball, maybe @oldnightcrawler might be able to give you some advice?

I actually haven't read all that much of The New Mutants series other than some of the annuals, so I can't really help much there. I remember them both having some pretty great roles inAsgardian Wars, but that's about it. I did enjoy both of them a lot in New Mutants (vol.3, 2009), though, and would recommend that.

Cannonball had a few standout issues when he first joined the X-men; between X-Men #70-75and The Uncanny X-Men #341. He later joined Storm's X-Treme X-Men, but I don't remember him being especially central. He was on the Uncanny X-men again during Claremont's 2004-'06 run, but still not really in a major role. He had a bigger role when he joined Rogue's X-Men in 2006, especially in the 2007 Endangered Species run.

I haven't really been following Cannonball or Sunspot since they joined the Avengers last year, but from what I've heard, they both have pretty interesting roles in that and Avengers World. But, like I say, I haven't read enough of either to recommend.