Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

looks awesome. also i dont think its a mislead cover. also i guess this is the last one when all the comics end in april?!?!?!?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

OH SH!T THE PHOENIX AGAIN FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME!

Really though, they KILLED it in AvX, a book that BENDIS wrote, and brings it back again. Though, he isn't the first since Wolverine and the X-Men already did that.

ALSO, Cyclops does mention in Avengers he has a Phoenix Egg so..maybe this leads up to it?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

@hopesummersforthefuture: Some are and some aren't. Marvel has only revealed a few titles ending before Secret Wars. ANXM and UXM are two of them that are.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: they didn't kill it (its not really supposed to be possible anyway) at the end it went to Earth and did what it came to do, thus all the new mutants popping up and then some unknown portion of it showed up with future Kid Omega.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: they didn't kill it (its not really supposed to be possible anyway) at the end it went to Earth and did what it came to do, thus all the new mutants popping up and then some unknown portion of it showed up with future Kid Omega.

also the beyonder said the phoenix will kill everything if its destroyed.........;/

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well at least the phoenix is still alive do i care though nope

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: jean's hair is turning pink in that pic and she has a bit of a smirk going on

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

*groan*

No Caption Provided

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EC2277
@hopesummersforthefuture said:
No Caption Provided

looks awesome. also i dont think its a mislead cover. also i guess this is the last one when all the comics end in april?!?!?!?

No Caption Provided

On the right there is the cover of Cyclops twelve, that will be the penultimate chapter of Black Vortex and I must confess, that I'm a little tired about this continuous use of the connection between Jean and Phoenix.

In my opinion Teen Jean could be a great character and there is room to write a great story about her; also without the Phoenix Force. Instead the writers seem stuck with this cliché and so the character and its stories are paralyzed with the continuous repetition of the same threat: Xorn/Jean was terrorized by Phoenix, "The Trial of Jean Grey" was focused on the Phoenix Saga and the possibility that the Phoenix Force can awaken in Jean earlier than expected, the final pages of "No more humans" was focused on Teen Jean who enter in contact with Phoenix. Also the solicits about Cyclops 12 said about the Jean's corruption by an absolute power, while in all other stories she is able only to say: «I don't want my future!»

P.S. All New X-Men 41 will come out in April, the 29 and it should be the last issue of All New X-Men, because Bendis himself said that in Uncanny X-Men 600 will end all the plots of Uncanny X-Men and All New X-Men.

P.P.S. This crossover among titles that aren't in the contemporary is very annoying.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first I thought it was Rachel and I got happy...

Since it's Jean... DO WE REALLY NEED PHOENIX, AGAIN!?!?!?!?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unless this brings real jean back, no thanks

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-_- wake me up when.....matter of fact never mind.

Don't wake me up...

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

half the reason for Teen-Jean being a thing is that they can have Jean Grey alive in canon without the burden of all the Phoenix BS. Yeah of course there was going to be a thing about her learning about it and facing what it did to her...but all they do is constantly throw it at us.

whats the point

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@arturocalakayvee:

Phoenix Jean Grey is like Raven pocessed by Trigon. Great at first but now is boring.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EC2277

@martinceld said:

unless this brings real jean back, no thanks

Then it is a, «No, thanks!»

I don't think they will bring Jean back soon: the absence of Jean is a money maker, because they can use the mirage of her imminent return (Hope, Avengers versus X-Men, the phoenix egg found by Cyclops…) to dope the sell of their books. Instead if they did bring Jean back, it would end the effect of her return on the sales and this is what they don't want.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, young Cyke is gonna die in Cyclops # 12. Killed by Jean Grey lol. GG Marvel....

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@arturocalakayvee:

Phoenix Jean Grey is like Raven pocessed by Trigon. Great at first but now is boring.

LOL that's actually a great comparison

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah another pretender to the throne just have the WPoTC finish putting all the pieces together and then let jean (the original not the O5) have a "normal" life well the big bird sleeps and absorbs all those different lives it's host lived.

PhoenixEgg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snooze. This is another fakeout. Nothing on Bendis' covers or solicits actually happen in the books. Jean probably won't even be in the issue.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Even if the this cover is misleading.... I don't care to see even another Phoenix drawing or art related to it. The story has been done to death. It would actually be more interesting if in coming to the future and seeing what happens to them, teen Jean and Angel decide to try and get rid of their x-gene knowing what will happen to them.

I swear The Phoenix, time-travel and magic are done to death in xmen comics and really these days just make for bad and lazy storytelling.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

@ec2277 said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

On the right there is the cover of Cyclops twelve, that will be the penultimate chapter of Black Vortex and I must confess, that I'm a little tired about this continuous use of the connection between Jean and Phoenix.

In my opinion Teen Jean could be a great character and there is room to write a great story about her; also without the Phoenix Force. Instead the writers seem stuck with this cliché and so the character and its stories are paralyzed with the continuous repetition of the same threat: Xorn/Jean was terrorized by Phoenix, "The Trial of Jean Grey" was focused on the Phoenix Saga and the possibility that the Phoenix Force can awaken in Jean earlier than expected, the final pages of "No more humans" was focused on Teen Jean who enter in contact with Phoenix. Also the solicits about Cyclops 12 said about the Jean's corruption by an absolute power, while in all other stories she is able only to say: «I don't want my future!»

P.S. All New X-Men 41 will come out in April, the 29 and it should be the last issue of All New X-Men, because Bendis himself said that in Uncanny X-Men 600 will end all the plots of Uncanny X-Men and All New X-Men.

i want to get cyclops 12 so badly even though im not getting or buying the black vortex. Also cant wait for the last uncanny with cyclops and emma frost fighting on the cover, that is going to be awesome.

Well jean grey was the one that voted to stay in the present so i guess its fitting she would be on the last cover since she is the star of the show

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EC2277
@hopesummersforthefuture said:@hawk2916:

i want to get cyclops 12 so badly even though im not getting or buying the black vortex. Also cant wait for the last uncanny with cyclops and emma frost fighting on the cover, that is going to be awesome.

[…]

Old Scott have found a phoenix egg, in the egg coulbe be Old Jean, Emma lives in the fear of her return…

I immagine that scene: Scott who say kind words to the egg, who keep warm the egg with an electric blanket, who caress the egg affectionately, who smile to the egg tenderly and Emma who found him in that precisely moment.

Oops!

@hopesummersforthefuture said:@hawk2916:

[…]

Well jean grey was the one that voted to stay in the present so i guess its fitting she would be on the last cover since she is the star of the show

In my opinion the Original 5 will remain in the present at least for another year and they will be the core around which will be rebuilt the X-Men after Secret Wars. So the adventure of Teen Jean in the present will not end with All New X-Men. I hope only that the writer stop to write about her only in correlation of Phoenix.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: i love the cover anyways im going to make that my new avatar pic soon.......

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ec2277: God, I hope not. The O5 need to go back, the premise is ridiculous and it hasn't been executed well. They just really need to go away. the series has only really been about Jean and Scott anyway. Beast is always at the same chalkboard. Iceman is nothing but corny jokes and they don't even address whats happened to Angel in the future, which is arguably just as terrible as Jean's fate, which if she can stay away from Xorneto then with the retcons and all is really not that bad, right?

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EC2277

@hawk2916: I agree with you about All New X-Men and fortunately the series will end with the Bendis' run; if I have understood well what will happen. So the issue number 41 would be the last number of All New X-Men and after that the Original 5 would be involved in Secret Wars (at least Teen Jean is in the cover of Secret Wars 1) and their adventures will be tell by another creative team.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

Bring it on. If this is a real Jean/Phoenix story. Everything and it's mother has been attached to Phoenix without Jean for a decade. It has been established that Phoenix is the spark of creation and the inferno of destruction, the resurrection force, the very energies of creation that are responsible for the creation of Galactus. Do he and the other forces that govern the Marvel "omniverse" even exist anymore? Let her come and burn it all away, and if none of you are left in her wake so be it.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: @hawk2916: @lordofallhumans: @koays: ok there is a connection with anxm 40 and 41. Firstly in number 40 its called utopians where on utopia jean grey died, not to mention that charles xavier died there too. Also the whole point of anxm was that xavier died in the present and they went to investigate, where they learn of there terrible fates and try to change it for the better. Then in 41 we see jean showing signs of the phoenix. It could be misleading but i dont think it is, they did that too much already. Doesn't teen jean go dark phoenix in cyclops 12 in black vortex????? Maybe she still has a fraction of the power at the end of black vortex, im guessing.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture: Didn't Jean Grey die in Manhattan?

In my opinion it will not happen anything of that: I think Axis would be placed after Black Vortex and in Axis Jean wasn't Phoenix.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Didn't Jean Grey die in Manhattan?

In my opinion it will not happen anything of that: I think Axis would be placed after Black Vortex and in Axis Jean wasn't Phoenix.

well jean died by wolverine stabbing her in the gut when they were heading to the sun on asteroid M which was turned into utopia. then the phoenix revive her and yes she died in manhattan, she died twice that day, sheesh what a bad luck day.

Secondly i think axis happened first then black vortex later....uncanny is the one thats still in the shocking aftermath of axis, not anxm. just because uncanny is really, really slow paced.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture: Uncanny X-Men is synchronized with All New X-Men. In fact the issue in which the Original 5 were displaced in the Ultimate-verse, start with the scene in which Old Scott, Illyana, Kitty and Emma go to the Xavier school to listen the testament of Xavier. Moreover the Original 5 will return to the Ultimate-verse and immediately they will involved in the Black Vortex crossover and so I think Black Vortex happened first that Axis.

Obviously I can wrong about that.

Ah, I was forgotten a thing: in the cover of Secret Wars 1 we can see the normal Teen Jean, not a Teen Jean/Phoenix.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way to early to speculate on Jeans powers in my opinion.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Way to early to speculate on Jeans powers in my opinion.

yeah true but what about cyclops 12

Jean Grey is about to find out, which spells very bad news for both Jean Grey-- and the universe!

• But there’s one man who might be able to stop her, who might be able to save her… except in this case it’s not exactly a man, it’s a 16-year-old space-pirate-in-training and (maybe) the love of Jean Grey’s life… Scott Summers.

Can Cyclops save the day? Maybe. But we can’t guarantee he’ll survive the experience.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EC2277
No Caption Provided

@hopesummersforthefuture: Cyclops have lost almost the 70% of the readers in only 9 issues and change the creative team don't have change the trend. So they have to keep high the sales in someway, because they have to sell the title until the issue 12.

Obviously if they didn't sent Young Scott among the stars, if they had written best stories or if they had sent also Young Jean among the stars with Cyclops (titling the boos Starjammers), now the sales would be better. But they have sent Cyclops among the stars, they have written a bit too boring stories, the latter possibility would have caused the end of All New X-Men and now they have to hold the loss of readers.

I have seen (seen, don't read or buy) Black Vortex Alpha and now I can say you could be right: Black Vortex could be placed after Axis. I have said "could", because there's still the possibility that the two events could be placed in the same time. In that case the presence of Jean and Kitty in Axis should a mistake; it can happen.

Anyway we can properly place Axis and Black Vortex, only after the end of the "Malloy story".

P.S. These crossover among titles that aren't in the contemporary is very annoying.

P.P.S. What I can say about the picture on the right?

Finally a writer who tell the truth about the Phoenix Force! :-D

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: is there going to be a "trial of hank mccoy" or not!?!?!?!?!?!?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Not likely....Bendis writes too slow. Unless by the grace of goodness the X-Books arent all pulled into the stupid Battle World crossover, then there won't be any time for him to be the one to write it.

Maybe someone else, but theres no way we get to it in the 3 -4 issues between now and then

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: my new avatar pic looks creepy and is creeping me out :/

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PhoenixEgg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PhoenixEgg

Trial of Beast is supposedly issue #600 of Uncanny.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is inevitable for the phoenix not to be linked with teen jean. Teen jean's power is growing at a much faster pace and we all know that part of her mutation is to be able to tap on the Phoenix's powers. The black vortex might have even triggered this link earlier. Not sure but there is a possibility.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#45  Edited By Teerack

Wouldn't it be cool if the x-men didn't revolve around the same plot device from a story in the 80s for once? How many times is everyone going to freak out that Jean is going Phoenix before they think up a new story?

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EC2277

@teerack: Exactly what I think: Jean doesn't need of the bond with Phoenix, to be a great x-character.

From the late eighties to the half nineties we have read a lot of good stories about her, even she wasn't bonded with Phoenix. Instead in this moment the bond with Phoenix could be a weakness of the character, because it can distract Jean from play her natural role: be a main character of the X-Men, pushing the writer to tell for the unpteenth time another Phoenix saga.

In the same way I think that Phoenix can work also without Jean, like it happened during Phoenix Warsong and Avengers versus X-Men.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Interesting.......

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: I like Jean so much, but Marvel is making it so hard to keep liking her when her whole life is so repetitive.

I wish everyone would openly lash out about hating the Phoenix, so it can go the way of Onslaught and not be seen for a decade+.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EC2277

@teerack: I don't think Phoenix is the problem, because Jean can work with or without Phoenix. In my opinion the problem is how the writers write their stories: if they tell us that Jean and Phoenix are one, but then they tell us stories about Phoenix (without using Jean), if they write unsatisfactory stories about Teen Jean and if they don't bring back Old Jean (even if they have suggested her possible return), it is very difficult that we can be satisfied by their stories. But it isn't a problem of Jean: do we want talk about Teen Cyclops in his series or about Emma in Uncanny X-Men?

I think it is better if we don't.

Anyway in this moment I think is better if Teen Jean remain separated from Phoenix, for the reason that I have expressed above.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Teerack

@ec2277 said:

@teerack: I don't think Phoenix is the problem, because Jean can work with or without Phoenix. In my opinion the problem is how the writers write their stories: if they tell us that Jean and Phoenix are one, but then they tell us stories about Phoenix without using Jean, if they write unsatisfactory stories about Teen Jean and if they don't bring back Old Jean, even if they have suggested her possible return, it is very difficult that we can be satisfied by their stories. But it isn't a problem of Jean: do we want talk about Teen Cyclops in his series or about Emma in Uncanny X-Men?

I think it is better if we don't.

Anyway in this moment I think is better if Teen Jean remain separated from Phoenix, for the reason that I have expressed above.

Jeans and Phoenix aren't one. That might have been something they have said at one time like two decades ago, but since then it's been established that Jean is just a very attractive host for the force.

The issue is the phoenix force itself. They have told some fine stories with the phoenix force, but it's still the same exact plot device. Its just lazy uninspired crap falling back on old tropes over and over. The X-Men need to actually move forward. They just spent the past three years back peddling through the schism and Utopia to get back to the same exact place they were at in 2005 at the school.