#1 Edited by Avenger85 (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

Lovely. It's the Dark Phoenix Saga v2.

I'm sure Beast is gonna be regretting his little time-travel stunt by the time this issue rolls out. Regardless of that, hilarity is gonna ensue...

P.S. I called it in the other thread. Dark Phoenix shenannigans are gonna ensue..

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92760 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast annoys me to no end.

#3 Posted by Avenger85 (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Yes, me too. The shit eventually hitting the fan in ANXM is most definitely all his fault...

#4 Posted by Veitha (3342 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that this is going to be Lady Mastermind trying to look like her father... anyway I don't think that they'll bring the Phoenix back soon.

#5 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

I think that this is going to be Lady Mastermind trying to look like her father... anyway I don't think that they'll bring the Phoenix back soon.

gotta agree with this assessment. I hope so, anyway.

I'm enjoying this book quite a bit, but if the Phoenix comes back again, I'm done.

#6 Posted by CTG (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Not jumping to any conclusions. Who hasn't been burned by taking a cover preview and indulging in wild speculation?

Not doing it - not this time.

you've still given no proof that Jean somehow "recalled" the Phoenix back. Until you do, please stop spreading misinformation.

#7 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh... just because Mastermind (Lady or not) might influence her, it doesn't mean we're looking at a Phoenix return. As stated in your other thread--there has been nothing pointing to the 'recall' of the Phoenix Force.

#8 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

Yes. Also, Jason wouldn't be able to infiltrate Jean's mind that easily. He was helped by Emma the first time and the 616 Jean Grey was a different woman from who she was as a teenager.

#9 Edited by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be possible that this cover means what you think. However, I doubt that Jean will actually recall the Phoenix. However, I'm over this book already. I mean, if we're going to have Mystique and her brotherhood try to "influence" Jean Grey on recalling the Phoenix, or turning her Dark we've already seen all of this happen.

This is one of the main reasons I didn't like the idea of the O5 returning... They're using the same stories, same characters and it's just boring to read. Like I've mentioned in past posts, I would have much rather enjoyed reading about new characters, new development, not read a book that is mainly going to circulate around (not even the O5) but Jean Grey. It's a REALLY slow pace book, it's all about Jean Grey, and it's stuff we've already read before. Sure, Jean might have not been gutless like she's been at 16 but she was when she was older and used her telepathy for personal gain. It's all recycled stuff and I'm not enjoying it, and the people who are enjoying it how about you read both, Phoenix Saga and Dark Phoenix Saga for an actual GOOD BOOK not this reused, recycled crap.

#10 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

This is one of the main reasons I didn't like the idea of the O5 returning... They're using the same stories, same characters and it's just boring to read. Like I've mentioned in past posts, I would have much rather enjoyed reading about new characters, new development, not read a book that is mainly going to circulate around (not even the O5) but Jean Grey. It's a REALLY slow pace book, it's all about Jean Grey, and it's stuff we've already read before. Sure, Jean might have not been gutless like she's been at 16 but she was when she was older and used her telepathy for personal gain. It's all recycled stuff and I'm not enjoying it, and the people who are enjoying it how about you read both, Phoenix Saga and Dark Phoenix Saga for an actual GOOD BOOK not this reused, recycled crap.

I'm not about to tell you that you should like this book if you don't, that's pointless.

But I've read the Dark Phoenix Saga (several times, and I still think it's overrated), as well as most other X-men stories, but I've never read this one, and I actually am enjoying it quite a bit.

That said, if this story does turn out to be another excuse to bring back the Phoenix Force, I will drop it like a hot smegg and never look back.

#11 Edited by Avenger85 (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the thing is, Phoenix Force will always remain a part of Jean Grey's life.. Like I said in the other thread, Where there is a Jean, there is a Phoenix just around the corner, waiting to be unleashed.

It's not 100% confirmed that Jean recalled the Phoenix, and I'm sorry for saying it like that, but now there sure as hell is a possibility of the Phoenix returning.

When Hope and Wanda sent the Phoenix away, they did NOT banish it from the 616 Universe ! That is simply not possible All that they did was send it away from earth, back to the White Hot Room or wherever it goes to chill out lol. So yes, while it's not 100% confirmed ( and I admit my mistake of making it appear that way ), there sure is a possibility of it happening now.

#12 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh... we are chill, it's just that you keep saying that is IS the phoenix returning and the like--which can cause some confusion for other readers when nothing of the sort has been confirmed.

You say there is a sure possibility of it happening now--but that changes nothing. Just because one situation set it off doesn't mean it will again (completely different Jeans in terms of personality and development--and besides, that Jean wasn't 'really' Jean if you recall. The Real Jean was in the water still, in the healing cocoon).

On top of that, any death experience could do it. As we have seen in the past.

#13 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

Lovely. It's the Dark Phoenix Saga v2.

I'm sure Beast is gonna be regretting his little time-travel stunt by the time this issue rolls out. Regardless of that, hilarity is gonna ensue...

P.S. I called it in the other thread. Dark Phoenix shenannigans are gonna ensue..

Seriously? Wow, so Hope really and truly is a redundant character now. What few unique features she had—namely her pseudo-evil control of her teammates and her relationship with Shaw—have been handed over to young Jean. Bravo. Now maybe they can dump Hope's ripoff Rogue powers and just make her young Cable again.

#14 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

That's... not Shaw. That's Jason Wyngarde.

As for Hope--Hope was far more a rip-off of Synch, not Rogue. An overpowered Synch.

But, let's be honest... Hope's character was pointless anyway. She fulfilled no real function that could not have been done by any other character/feasible plot device. The height of her being the 'messiah' was a blink and you miss it, and now she's an inconsequential redhead.

#15 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast's plan was a "bad idea" since the first issue, we really don't need a confirmation for that.

Anyways, I will just sit back, relax, and laugh as Beast's plan explodes in his face. Oh boy, how will I enjoy it.

#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why Jean Grey is alive again.I want Kitty to mash up her brains or just for Jean to die.

#17 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

The art on this book is never displeasing to the eye. I think Lady Mastermind might do a whole history repeating itself thing. Could be interesting to watch Jean go to the dark side, but it would be better if it were on her own accord. Telepathy and illusions are cool powers but I feel like they are too common within the X-Men books, which is why I'm sort of glad that Emma has been depowered.

I want a dark Jean, not Dark Phoenix.

#18 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

Why turn jean into an a*& kicking name taken woman only to maybe rehash an old and tired story.

#19 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

regardless of figuring out where the hell this plot will go and wild speculations, that cover is going to look beautiful coloured haha

#20 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Jean is scarily dangerous.

#21 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85:

@veitha said:

thats what i want to know, that would be wierd and creepy

If shes been brainwashed to do evil then yes she is scary.......jean had psychic blocks in her mind by xavier to keeep the phoenix in-check, so if someone like lady mastermind could break those blocks then yes all Hell Would Break Loose.....

#23 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine said:

If shes been brainwashed to do evil then yes she is scary.......jean had psychic blocks in her mind by xavier to keeep the phoenix in-check, so if someone like lady mastermind could break those blocks then yes all Hell Would Break Loose.....

Well, not entirely. She, of her own free will, mind-wiped O5 Angel. That's pretty dangerous. A teenage girl without that amount of power and limited concern as to the use of such power is very, very dangerous.

#24 Posted by Avenger85 (1874 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I'm not about to tell you that you should like this book if you don't, that's pointless.

But I've read the Dark Phoenix Saga (several times, and I still think it's overrated), as well as most other X-men stories, but I've never read this one, and I actually am enjoying it quite a bit.

That said, if this story does turn out to be another excuse to bring back the Phoenix Force, I will drop it like a hot smegg and never look back.

Exactly this!

I hate when people go around, spread their thoughts around as if they were facts, and start confrontations with other users! This is all (and only) gossip. Unless its been stated by the creative team, we can only speculate. It's a cover people. Marvel is mindf*cking with our minds, because they know that if they assemble this cover, there will be gossip about the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix/Jean Grey turning evil etc.

#26 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: @avenger85: @john_valentine: @crimsonlord53: Here is what it says for the comicbook it says:

• Jean Grey vs. Mastermind!

• Years ago, one run in with this famous Brotherhood of Evil Mutants member was the beginning of the end of Jean Grey.

• Will history repeat itself?

also the pic in color:

#27 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

wouldnt it be wierd/funny if it was the real mastermind who came back and not it has noting to do with his daughter

Also why cant the O5 get new costumes ASAP and i think the O5 are going to stay longer than expected

and like i said before if lady mastermind is using her father's image to get to jean thats just creepy especially since jean is a teenager or is marvel forgeting about it and making her older?????

#28 Edited by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Looks bettered colored... probably not the final rendering but it looks good!

But yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath!!

#29 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4616 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

gotta agree with this assessment. I hope so, anyway.

I'm enjoying this book quite a bit, but if the Phoenix comes back again, I'm done.

you and me both, chum.

*chuckles*

#30 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Hilarious.

#31 Posted by Veitha (3342 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: @avenger85: @john_valentine: @crimsonlord53: Here is what it says for the comicbook it says:

• Jean Grey vs. Mastermind!

• Years ago, one run in with this famous Brotherhood of Evil Mutants member was the beginning of the end of Jean Grey.

• Will history repeat itself?

also the pic in color:

colored it looks very good

#32 Edited by Avenger85 (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the solicits I now think that Jean will actually win the fight and mindwipe Mastermind or something. It won't be history repeating itself.

TBH, I am starting to lose interest in the X-titles now. Marvel just seems to drag out their whole "is cyclops right ? O5 coming to the future etc." a bit too much.

It's like theyre running out of creativity real fast, and Bendis has to do the best with what he's given...

#33 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4616 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the solicits I now think that Jean will actually win the fight and mindwipe Mastermind or something. It won't be history repeating itself.

TBH, I am starting to lose interest in the X-titles now. Marvel just seems to drag out their whole "is cyclops right ? O5 coming to the future etc." a bit too much.

It's like theyre running out of creativity real fast, and Bendis has to do the best with what he's given...

I'm pretty into the core X-men books right now, but, given the way the stories are being drawn out, it does make me wonder where they're going to go from here.

#34 Edited by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Yes you and your buddy there have strikingly similar opinions dont you think?

@avenger85: There is nothing any writer could do. Claremont in his prime could not simply walk into this Mordor. Its has preordained to be bad since late '99. Going back to O5 was a good idea but if it not used a transformational catalyst to reboot "X" it will ultimately fail under weight of a decade of bad story lines. Put that in the books of destiny.

#35 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4616 posts) - - Show Bio