Amazing X-Men #15 discussion

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have got to say that I loved this issue. Yost has now properly executed Alpha Flight, Wendego, and now Cytorrak (bad spelling, apologies). I love how he can do a unique story that holds in continuity. I loved the end where Piotr asked "What would wolverine do?" and the answer was "Team up with a teenage girl and kill everyone." I mean that is right on the 1980's, Claremont, money.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely.

I'm not gonna get ahead of myself and say this book has found it's footing after the first issue of a new arc(you can blame XX-Men), but this was the first GREAT issue of Amazing that I've read. Really i think it was better then XX-Men and ANX-Factor as a single issue, which is big considering how this is usually only saved from the bottom of the barrel because Spiderman and the X-Men exist.

I might be bias because I love Pixie, Rockslide, and Rachel....but really they touched on Colossus & his recent troubles, Storm taking full leadership, the younger X-Men moving up in the ranks and the loss of Wolverine while moving the plot forward and giving us background.....this was pure awesome and a level of quality we don't often get anymore.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This was a pretty good issue and it has me hopeful for this arc and more optimistic that this book is finally hitting its stride.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was very happy with this book... It finally may have a solid ground to walk on and it's great...

*Sigh* Now if only Uncanny and the rest could be this good...

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dman1366

@hawk2916: me too. I really do trust Yost. Plus, like @koays said, I am also really biased where Pixie is concerned; she is one of my favorite x-men.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

@dman1366 said:

So I have got to say that I loved this issue. Yost has now properly executed Alpha Flight, Wendego, and now Cytorrak (bad spelling, apologies). I love how he can do a unique story that holds in continuity. I loved the end where Piotr asked "What would wolverine do?" and the answer was "Team up with a teenage girl and kill everyone." I mean that is right on the 1980's, Claremont, money.

I agree with you on this, the series , is finally getting good. I was going to create a thread on this as well, you beat me to it. I couldn't stand the wendigo story arc. This issue was good. Colossus and Storm were good in it. Storm was a bit harsh on Colossus, but I can certainly understand why she feels that way. Kyle & Yost have always been great writers, love there work on X-Force. I am interesting to see what happens to Colossus and Juggernaut.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No one is concerned about the nonreboot reboot? It really is just me here?

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@ms-lola: You mean Secret Wars?

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: I mean I care, but there's nothing we can do about it... I am just trying to enjoy the last of the great X-Men writers, now that David is gone, before Bendis takes everything over. The reboot is going to be a way to completely villainize/isolate the X-Men and retcon their past, so as Bendis can do whatever he wants without people complaining.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the issue. so who do you think would be the new juggs?

Gay super speedster jugs northstar?

Starchilde jugs Rachel?

Icey jugs Bobby?

Fairy jugs Pixie?

firey jugs firestar?

electric jugs storm?

blue bamfin jugs-kurt?

jugs-rockin rockslide?

I don't think colosus will have it again. Most probably it would be rockslide. I think cytorak will heed his plea or longing to be the new avatar

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ms-lola: You mean Secret Wars?

Yes, Secret Wars. Is this title going to disappear, or continue in one of the new worlds being introduced? This is what I am worried about (amongst other things, mutant related).

@dman1366 said:

@ms-lola: I mean I care, but there's nothing we can do about it... I am just trying to enjoy the last of the great X-Men writers, now that David is gone, before Bendis takes everything over. The reboot is going to be a way to completely villainize/isolate the X-Men and retcon their past, so as Bendis can do whatever he wants without people complaining.

I hear you. I have some tough decisions to make this upcoming May. I don't know if I am willing to support any more changes to the X-Men mythos that I've enjoyed so much up until now.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@darthphoenix: It would be a great chance to bring Dani back or get Frenzy back in there as Juggernaut. Maybe Callisto will get it or maybe Magik actually gets what she wanted in the first place

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@ms-lola: I hope Scarlet Wich and Quicksilver don't stay retconned D:

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points