All new Xfactor to be cancelled at #20

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

It seems that Peter David has confirmed this. They are losing Quicksilver to the avengers of course and David is basically saying that people trad wait and thats what hurt the book. I'm not sure I agree with that necessarily.

Im not a big numbers guy either as far as sales but was the book really selling worse or bringing in less numbers than it was before? I mean Xfactor always had consistently low numbers so the urgency to cancel it now kind of baffles me. I mean what do we get in its place, another O5 solo? Or perhaps another plug-in-superhero-here and the Xmen?

Oh well, let the conspiracy theories begin right? Seems to me they cancelled the wrong guy.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

It's always the good ones.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Bendis is going to fill in that void. Sad, but it seems the most logical route.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smh that Jean Grey solo that nobody asked for is looking more and more realistic everyday.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Marvel would never admit to it, but I think they bungled things when they did the relaunch. I think they should have left the book as it was with no relaunch and renumbering and All-New and all that stuff. I think this just messed up the momentum and flow of the book. Maybe if they had just kept it as X-factor Investigations and added Gambit they could have been ok, but who knows

The premise of the book in my opinion was not really all that strong and I guess this also proves that you just cant grab a bunch of whoever's and just through them in a book together. I really cant say I will miss Danger, Warlock or Doug. Gambit, Quicksilver and Polaris were what was most interesting about the book for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Bad news, really enjoyed the first trade.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will add this as well. because I think this is part of the problem when it comes to people's budget and overall sales.

It kind of baffles me that Marvel doesn't try to experiment more with formatting. The monthly format is clearly not sustainable for some books. I see people complain all the time about prices and people get upset when they raise the prices but we get less story. This is why I think some trade wait in addition to being able to get a whole story arc when it comes to pacing.

I think I've stated before that when a book starts out new, I thought that they should release it every week for the 1st 4 to 6 weeks in order to build the following and get the first arc off the ground to establish it.

When it comes to books like Xfactor which I suspect probably did a little better in trades (which David seems to blame) I say why not just put those in a seasonal OGN format? I don't see any reason why they would not sell near the levels that the book would as a monthly. I mean imagine the winter OGN being issues 1-6, followed by a spring OGN 7-14, then summer 15-21 and finally fall 22-30. This way you could possibly get artistic consistency, get a self-contained story, a writer gets to tell a story at whatever pace and not really have to do all the tie-in and filler issues. Within the year the writer is able to tell his story and not be confined to the monthly format or whatever. Anybody who remembers the frustration of waiting for Whedon individual astonishing Xmen books can probably relate to what Im saying with all the delays and constant timing issues. I see it as a win-win helping both the company make money, the writer gets to write a self-contained story because lets face it, you can tell from interviews that many of the writers get frustrated and lose momemtum when they have to tie-in to other events or even lose their characters (here's looking at you Brian Wood), and the fans get a full arc and dont have to wait thus losing interest because of pacing or whatever.

I dont know its just a different way of doing things. I personally enjoy monthlies but at times when finances get tough or when there are issues with pacing, I wonder if there is a better way. I think Mike Carey's OGN did pretty well and if I could look forward to frequent stories from a writer like him and Peter David in OGN format it would just make the buying experience that much better, imo.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Well it's an interesting idea. And I do think if they hadn't done the hiatus and just kept going it would've been smoother. But Marvel is way to afraid nowadays to let a book number in the 100's.

Since DC rebooted idk if Marvel has had a single book reach 50 issues. Their afraid people will see a big number and run for something else without reading it.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will miss Polaris and gambit. I knew from day one it wouldnt last because it doesnt have a major player in it

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@hawk2916: Part of me thinks that comic publishers should just switch to telling stories exclusively in trades.

Hey, it works for manga.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet x-force lives????? SMH

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

This was the only X-book that I've enjoyed in a while, I'll be sad to see it go.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read somewhere, I can't remember where, but they could totally drop the price of a book if they left it in black and white. I think that's a brilliant idea.

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll miss lorna T_T, she was the only reason I bought it in first place

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@hawk2916:

The sales has been steadily decreasing but not by a huge amount. We publicly only know figures until August 2014, and if you are interested sales figure from issue 6 up till issue 12 for All New X-Factor are 26029 , 24873, 24283, 23720, 22563, 22428 and 21352 copies respectively.

Just to give a comparative comparison Amazing Spiderman which happens to be marvel's bestselling book at the moment is constantly selling 118,000 copies and the decrease is actually pretty small for them.

Other titles that aren't either selling the best or not doing so bad are all selling roughly around 30,000 copies mark so the sales are actually a little worrying for a series that has been round for more than a decade, but not really dire in any sense.

There are of course few other titles that are selling even slower, including but not limited to, are Thunderbolts, All New Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, Savage Wolverine, All New Invaders, New Warriors, and Avengers Uncovered and others. This just gives you a clear view of where the series ranks at the moment.

Had this been purely sales point of view I think Marvel should be cancelling the aforementioned series first. More than likely the statement is just a cover up for some internal disagreement marvel editorial staffs might be having with Peter David, they are notorious in that regards.

Hope this helps =)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@claymore1998: I don't know about the others, but Thunderbolts and The New Warriors have been cancelled as well. My personal favourite Elektra should be soon on the chopping block since that character's sales are even worse than X-Factor's. I feel the same as you when it comes to other books that should have been marked for cancellation before this one, based on its numbers.

I'm really disappointed about this news. I really liked the eclectic grouping of the characters used in this book. Plus, losing Gambit makes me a wee bit unhappy, haha.

(I edited this like mad. Scrambled thoughts, sorry!)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Man this bites. I wonder what Peter David will do next?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Claymore1998

@ms-lola:

No, you don’t have to be sorry and I actually like everything you have mentioned as they mirror my own view. I am a huge fan of Peter David's writing, the light hearted tone, the unexpected humor, the fun character interaction and slowly building the story. He is a fantastic writer and I have been a long time follower of X factor. Apart from volume 1 I am up to date with X factor issues.

I am pretty disappointed this is getting canceled because this was one of my favorite series in marvel, alongside New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers and All New X-men, the latter of whom have gone a bit downhill in recent issues.

Even if All New X-Factor gets cancelled, which of course sucks big time, I hope Peter David gets his own book for Marvel, whichever it may be.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F*ck this, I'm out. This is one of my favorite ongoings.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Smh that Jean Grey solo that nobody asked for is looking more and more realistic everyday.

I like that theory :)

Also cancel cyclops book and return him to ANXM, so jean can leave. Also is that alien girl can join ANXM, is she is his new "girlfriend", jean would not like that(so it gives her an excuse to leave)

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Wow. That is awful news.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Koays

@hopesummersforthefuture: Or we could keep all of the O5 in one book so that All New X-men could actually have a story. Heck put Peter David in charge of it, if anything Bendis can give him his plans and let a stronger writer tell the story.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Only if its a story about them going back to their time. Maybe they can carry on with their new found knowledge and have a whole new universe seperate from now. As Ive said before we dont need 2 and 3 Cyclops, Beast and iceman running around with multiple Angel's and the ghosts of jean grey past present and future. Either that or leave them in the Ultimate universe.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Or we could keep all of the O5 in one book so that All New X-men could actually have a story. Heck put Peter David in charge of it, if anything Bendis can give him his plans and let a stronger writer tell the story.

we all now bendis doesnt like to share his characters, lol. pity

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@koays said:

That's crazy (bloodyfantastic!) talk.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#26  Edited By Teerack

I wish it were possible for trades to support a book, but with the monthly sales reviews it just doesn't work that way. :(

Not going to lie if this leads to David writing some non X-Men stuff I would be pretty excited. I always thought he would have an amazing New Warriors or Fantastic Four run inside of him.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I'm with you. They don't even know what to do with the Angel they have and there making the same mistakes with Teen Jean that they exiled real Jean for. I think it's a cool concept since it's usually the X-Men from the present thrown into a sucky "Days of Future Ages of Apocalypse and Askani Past" scenario and trying to stop it from happening, so the idea that the O5 would see our present as sucky and try to do the same is interesting. The writing just isn't there, so it's to point out the faults since your not being distracted by the story.

@hopesummersforthefuture- Isnt that the problem? The guy is writing like 6 books at once and supervising two of them, is it a surprising that his books are so slow paced? Smh sharing is caring dude.

@ms-lola- lol I've been known to have a crazy (bloodyfantastic!) idea or two in my head. I just can't see any downside in letting Bendis direct, toward his big event, but letting a seasoned X-men writer like David steer the book. I mean half the people would stop complaining just because it's not Bendis' name.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hawk2916: I'm with you. They don't even know what to do with the Angel they have and there making the same mistakes with Teen Jean that they exiled real Jean for. I think it's a cool concept since it's usually the X-Men from the present thrown into a sucky "Days of Future Ages of Apocalypse and Askani Past" scenario and trying to stop it from happening, so the idea that the O5 would see our present as sucky and try to do the same is interesting. The writing just isn't there, so it's to point out the faults since your not being distracted by the story.

@hopesummersforthefuture- Isnt that the problem? The guy is writing like 6 books at once and supervising two of them, is it a surprising that his books are so slow paced? Smh sharing is caring dude.

@ms-lola- lol I've been known to have a crazy (bloodyfantastic!) idea or two in my head. I just can't see any downside in letting Bendis direct, toward his big event, but letting a seasoned X-men writer like David steer the book. I mean half the people would stop complaining just because it's not Bendis' name.

what 2 books is he supervising?????

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Cyclops and one of the Guardian books i believe have to run things by him first because he's primarily using the characters.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Very disappointing. Peter David seems to get screwed over a lot.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AwesomePerson

@koays: Then what's the point of All New then?????

If Jean leaves then it's only Beast, Iceman and Angel...

Bendis hates Iceman

Beast really does nothing

Angel juts sits around complaining a bout current!angel and screaming "Look at me, I'm rich!"

If a Jean Grey solo is coming then All New will most likely be cancelled unless Corsair finally dies (again) or Scott's book gets cancelled so he can come back...

Otherwise, All New could possibly be cancelled...

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But... It's such a great series! How can comic loving people not buy this series. Peter David is great! I'm really sad now :(...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson said:

@koays: Then what's the point of All New then?????

If Jean leaves then it's only Beast, Iceman and Angel...

Bendis hates Iceman

Beast really does nothing

Angel juts sits around complaining a bout current!angel and screaming "Look at me, I'm rich!"

If a Jean Grey solo is coming then All New will most likely be cancelled unless Corsair finally dies (again) or Scott's book gets cancelled so he can come back...

Otherwise, All New could possibly be cancelled...

Scott comes back to all-new so jean can leave and get a solo. Also Savaa can join all-new too

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Like is said, depends when and if Scott's solo gets cancelled...

I don't think Savaa will join the team...

1) Scott has enough relationship drama to last him two life times..

2) I don't think Savaa and Scott will actually last, I think it will be like a fling type thing to forget Jean...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Like is said, depends when and if Scott's solo gets cancelled...

I don't think Savaa will join the team...

1) Scott has enough relationship drama to last him two life times..

2) I don't think Savaa and Scott will actually last, I think it will be like a fling type thing to forget Jean...

i wonder what Savaa's real name is? It would be fun if jean was jealous

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean's solo would be interesting because there is so much to discover in her powers not to mention her new powerset. Also, she also has a lot of relationships to deal with ...herself, future self, phoenix, scott, emma, storm, kitty, Rachel,

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean's solo would be interesting because there is so much to discover in her powers not to mention her new powerset. Also, she also has a lot of relationships to deal with ...herself, future self, phoenix, scott, emma, storm, kitty, Rachel,

im still waiting for the o5 to meet hope summers or the phoenix five to see hope summers again

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix said:

im still waiting for the o5 to meet hope summers or the phoenix five to see hope summers again

I think I have read that she is in a coma right now. So that may take a while I guess.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@darthphoenix said:

I think I have read that she is in a coma right now. So that may take a while I guess.

:( also hope is meme in x-force but cable doesnt know until x-force 13 the truth behind what happened to hope

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

It seems that Peter David has confirmed this. They are losing Quicksilver to the avengers of course and David is basically saying that people trad wait and thats what hurt the book. I'm not sure I agree with that necessarily.

Im not a big numbers guy either as far as sales but was the book really selling worse or bringing in less numbers than it was before? I mean Xfactor always had consistently low numbers so the urgency to cancel it now kind of baffles me. I mean what do we get in its place, another O5 solo? Or perhaps another plug-in-superhero-here and the Xmen?

Oh well, let the conspiracy theories begin right? Seems to me they cancelled the wrong guy.

Thoughts?

I figure each book has a different profit point depending on how much they budget for the writer, artist, colorist, etc. So different books need to sell different amounts to cover the costs and make a profit. That being said it frustrates me that Marvel seems to kill so many series constantly and then I look at DC and see many of their books with lower sales keep on chugging along (even with the relaunches). I wish Marvel would stick it out until the books are actually losing money for several months or find a way to make them cheaper so they could keep many of them going.

That being said, if the real reason for a book being cancelled is that they have other plans for a character or two, then just change the line-up a bit or just disconnect the book from the rest of what's going on. I mean, Quicksilver of all people could be in multiple books at once right?

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is sad.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw in another thread someone mentioned the hope that David would take over adjectiveless after Guggenheim. That would be awesome I think and would at least lessen the blow of his Xfactor being gone

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

This is sad. Another X-Men book cancelled without being given a chance to really grow on its own.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that's suck. Marvel will just keep doing this. I wouldn't be surprise if there would be a cancellation of Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Storm, or even Magneto. But it's too soon for XF to B cancel. Very sad indeed.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MiniSaladFresh

@hawk2916 said:

Or perhaps another plug-in-superhero-here and the Xmen?

To be fair, if it were "Gambit and the X-Men" I'd be okay with that

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this is bullshit. Surely one of the 50 new solo titles that nobody wanted could have been axed instead, or the travesty that All New X-Men has turned into.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@mn_logan: I know. It had to be a title that was pretty decent that had to be cancelled.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By StarWatcher

Aaaawwww poop, it's my fave current series after Uncanny.

I hate that they're focusing so much on solo runs... I get that for them it means we buy more comics, but it's getting really annoying.