All new x-men 14

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think the writers are doing well in coming up with twists and turns in this story arc. The teasers were so good that no one guessed right what was really happening with the jean-dark phoenix scene. Kudos to Bendis! I'm starting to really like his writing.

Iceman is such a comic relief. I love his scene with thor.

Jean-showed her raw but out of control strength in this issue

Cyclops- really good rapport with his team especially with jean. He showed how good of a leader he is.

The only thing i didnt like in this issue is the avengers.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the writers are doing well in coming up with twists and turns in this story arc. The teasers were so good that no one guessed right what was really happening with the jean-dark phoenix scene. Kudos to Bendis! I'm starting to really like his writing.

Cyclops- really good rapport with his team especially with jean. He showed how good of a leader he is.

the one where they meet the uncanny avengers is number 12

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

So she didn't loose control.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CTG

@darthphoenix said:

Guessing you haven't read #14 yet.

And yes, other than Havok I'd be quite happy with UA never showing up in this book again - though I'll admit the Thor/Iceman exchange was awesome.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CTG
time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By time1

@john_valentine: Got to read that issue. Astonishing X-Men is getting good now.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@john_valentine: Got to read that issue. Astonishing X-Men is getting good now.

Yeah, past three issues have been great, haven't really enjoyed Liu's run until now.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CTG

I'm only reading Astonishing specifically for the current arc. It's one of the nuggets left behind from X-Termination.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1

@john_valentine: She been leaving the series later in year. I didn't read the first story arcs, your know one about Northstar and Karma. Loving the Iceman Story, hopefully the series will get better writer soon. Liu not bad, but I think she does better on a solo titles. Loved her X-23 series.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg: Yeah the Iceman story is really good.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@john_valentine: She been leaving the series later in year. I didn't read the first story arcs, your know one about Northstar and Karma. Loving the Iceman Story, hopefully the series will get better writer soon. Liu not bad, but I think she does better on a solo titles. Loved her X-23 series.

I believe they're cancelling the book. It's kind of superfluous tbh.

I think she's working on a book with Peter David.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine: Not sure if there cancelling it, it might just get a new writer. Do you know what series she be working on with Peter David.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@john_valentine: Not sure if there cancelling it, it might just get a new writer. Do you know what series she be working on with Peter David.

October is the final issue.

Not sure, it'll be relieved later in the month, though.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By time1

@john_valentine: Let's hope it gets better writer. I like most of the X-Men titles now. The only titles I dislike are Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men legacy, cause, it bores me. As well as A+X, that title is a hit and miss series. Some good issues and Some bad ones.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@darthphoenix said:

And yes, other than Havok I'd be quite happy with UA never showing up in this book again - though I'll admit the Thor/Iceman exchange was awesome.

wont the UA be in battle of the atom??? it would be weird if they didnt show up at the end when its all over

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Avengers will be everywhere. There always appear in the X-Men titles and Story arcs, cause there that lame.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@darthphoenix said:

wont the UA be in battle of the atom??? it would be weird if they didnt show up at the end when its all over

Battle of the Atom is a meant to be a celebration of 50 years of X-Men comic books - the Avengers have no place in it.

None.

I don't even mind the Avengers too much in their own books, but whenever they show up in X-Men books they're annoying to nth degree. Keep them away from Battle of the Atom. They don't belong.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GonnaRain

I kind of enjoyed it. The little Iceman/Thor bit was really fun, and I actually liked Jean's improvement in this issue, she handed her powers quite well (even with the little Illusion fiasco). I also liked that she was the one using the Phoenix as an intimidation technique against Mystique, it shows like, as young as she is, she already came to accept everything that will happen to her, not feeling like the Phoenix should be a taboo or anything.

I don't know, call me crazy, but I feel like using that kind of illusions she is close to accepting the whole deal, like she isn't really scared.

And yeah, Wolverine is like, class A moron. I can't believe that, knowing he has a Telepath around, whose powers are kind of out of control sometimes, and then a freaking ILLUSIONIST, he didn't at least consider the option that the whole Phoenix was just a projection. Instead he didn't think it twice (like always) and went for the kill...

Just genius.

kai200995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kai200995

Jean Grey is basically dominating this series. In a good way. (FINALLY!) I almost forgot that she and Scott haven't confessed their love to one another, timeline wise. Trying to top Iceman's pepperoni scene is hard but it's really hard not to laugh. Cyclops is really determined on maintaining his dream and I liked his moments in this issue. I liked Jean's guilt the most.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of enjoyed it. The little Iceman/Thor bit was really fun, and I actually liked Jean's improvement in this issue, she handed her powers quite well (even with the little Illusion fiasco). I also liked that she was the one using the Phoenix as an intimidation technique against Mystique, it shows like, as young as she is, she already came to accept everything that will happen to her, not feeling like the Phoenix should be a taboo or anything.

I don't know, call me crazy, but I feel like using that kind of illusions she is close to accepting the whole deal, like she isn't really scared.

And yeah, Wolverine is like, class A moron. I can't believe that, knowing he has a Telepath around, whose powers are kind of out of control sometimes, and then a freaking ILLUSIONIST, he didn't at least consider the option that the whole Phoenix was just a projection. Instead he didn't think it twice (like always) and went for the kill...

Just genius.

Nah, reckon she is scared and deeply troubled about it all. She's putting up a front of light-hearted acceptance at the start/middle of the issue, but at the end she looks very depressed and troubled (page where she sitting in the basketball court alone). Reckon things are going to build up and reach a tipping point soon (Battle of the Atom, perhaps?).

It's all good stuff though!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@ctg said:

Battle of the Atom is a meant to be a celebration of 50 years of X-Men comic books - the Avengers have no place in it.

None.

I don't even mind the Avengers too much in their own books, but whenever they show up in X-Men books they're annoying to nth degree. Keep them away from Battle of the Atom. They don't belong.

I don't disagree with your point or your sentiment;but, on a related note, doesn't that mean it's also the Avengers 50th anniversary? I remember they both had their 30th in '93, and they had a crossover then. Which actually was more of a rare event back then.

I like the Uncanny Avengers a lot actually, but I do agree that, as a group, they don't really bring a lot to this book.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg said:

None.

I don't disagree with your point or your sentiment;but, on a related note, doesn't that mean it's also the Avengers 50th anniversary? I remember they both had their 30th in '93, and they had a crossover then. Which actually was more of a rare event back then.

I like the Uncanny Avengers a lot actually, but I do agree that, as a group, they don't really bring a lot to this book.

Wouldn't know - I've never been a big fan of the Avengers as a group. I've liked solo runs of specific characters (Brubaker's Cap, etc), but I've only recently cared about the team book.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@ctg: I only really got into them myself a few years ago, but since then I have read almost every Avengers story. I have to admit, there are a lot of mediocre to bad eras of Avengers, but I do think some of the more contemporary runs have been pretty good.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GonnaRain

@gonnarain said:

Just genius.

Nah, reckon she is scared and deeply troubled about it all. She's putting up a front of light-hearted acceptance at the start/middle of the issue, but at the end she looks very depressed and troubled (page where she sitting in the basketball court alone). Reckon things are going to build up and reach a tipping point soon (Battle of the Atom, perhaps?).

It's all good stuff though!

To me it looked more like she was upset about scaring his friends, and that they fear that she can turn into the Phoenix any time soon, more than being afraid of the Force itself.

I mean, she should be troubled about the whole deal, of course, but to me, it looks like she is coming to accept it. I don't know.