ALL NEW X-MEN 13

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

any reviews or thoughts on how the issue ended/started?

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just really like this series, surprisingly. I hated AvX
I actually thought in the beginning of issue 13 that baby Jean was becoming the Phoenix, but then at the end I realized it was Lady Mastermind. I JUST WANT JEAN BACK!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I think #13 was one of the best issues so far, actually.

The introduction of the Phoenix theme that started and ended the issue didn't interest me that much, but all of the great character moments in between sure did. Very satisfying issue overall.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I think #13 was one of the best issues so far, actually.

The introduction of the Phoenix theme that started and ended the issue didn't interest me that much, but all of the great character moments in between sure did. Very satisfying issue overall.

Iceman was awesome lol

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: OmG i was gonna die if the phoenix came back already. Its to soon an in the end i think actually white crown jean in gonna come back an wipe their minds an send them back an.then reg jean will come back something like that.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@oldnightcrawler: OmG i was gonna die if the phoenix came back already. Its to soon an in the end i think actually white crown jean in gonna come back an wipe their minds an send them back an.then reg jean will come back something like that.

I'm really not interested in the Phoenix, Jean as the Phoenix, or Jean coming back from the dead. None of that stuff interests me in the least. I am digging this book, but it's pretty much in spite of all of the Phoenix stuff.

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Whaaaaaa u dont want jean to come back *0* I cant wait for jeans epic return hopefully.

Thought yea the.book as a whole is amazing I love the conflicting thoughts of the past x-men with everything in.the future an how jean cant fully control her powers. An Im loving mystiques group I can't wait till her an magneto meet up face to face

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Veitha

"Pepperoni"

HAHA that line made my day

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: OH NO NO NO ITS "PEPP-ERONI"

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

I'll actually wait until issue 14 to make my judgement on certain aspects. I do think it was a solid step in the right direction. We FINALLY get a plot point moving. We know what Mystique is doing. We have the possible HYDRA angle now since she thought she was set up. This was the first time in a long time I felt Sabretooth was actually worth something again as he was the one to pick up on the mutants and Wolverine charged right at him and Sabes hasn't been an issue for Logan for years now. The best thing Victor has even done was plan Wolverine killing Daken yet 1 issue later, he got taken out with a claw shot to the face. So we have Regan doing something cool, we have a direction on the book, and Creed seems to be above jobber status for the first time in a long time, but I will reserve things until the next issue.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#12  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@darthphoenix said:

any reviews or thoughts on how the issue ended/started?

Kitty's speech was AWESOME!!!!!!!!! and I love young iceman, so funny!!!!

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I love how they brought Hydra into.things the real question now is will Mystique get Madripoor now or was this all part of her :/ knowing Mystique anything is possible. An I love the Sabertooth vs Wolverine interaction. An not to mention lady mastermind an jean rival thing about to.start I think she was a great add on to the team.

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was bored.

photowill404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By photowill404

Young Iceman is just AWESOME!!!!!! I also like how young Jean reacted to the knowledge of the decimation of mutants. And I also like how how beast ans iceman reacted to why scarlet witch was still and avenger. Which brings me the fact that scarlet witch said she wasn't in control and its something she just has to deal with. Yet this whole phoenix 5 situation where that were control by an all powerful force and those people are held to a different standard I just don't get it. But I really liked the issue

X_Titans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Although nothing has really happened in the series so far, the character interactions are good enough to make it one of the best around. Kitty's speech made my eyes water! Truly this is Bendis at his best.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lykopis

Not impressed. Kitty's speech was pretty but didn't match what Havok actually said and Jean's reaction to Scarlet Witch was a bit extreme, considering that as a telepath, she would have also picked up on the truth of the matter. I get it but how many times are we going to see young Jean "lose it" before it'll become a matter of course?

The phoenix hallucination is a cheap gimmick. Lady Mastermind deciding to have "fun" with a teenage Jean Grey makes no sense -- just like how Emma was portrayed when she was relishing seeing young Jean falter under the onslaught of the Cuckoos. Funny how she forgot that at Jean's age, she never held back from reading people's minds herself and that was before she took the bad road.

Yes. Classic Bendis.

Anyway -- it's the same-o, same-o. I just want to get to this whole Children of the Atom event in September so we can get distracted with the future team of X-Men coming in to shake things up (read confuse) even further.