#1 Posted by darthphoenix (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Rants

1. I really hate it when Avengers drop by the pages of x-men.

2. Jean goes berzerk and hits the avengers with her tk blast. thor and scarlet witch are thrown away and captain america is left standing with his shield. doesn't the laws of physics apply on him? Marvel should just give him a 2nd mutation or something so that he'd be the invincible Captain america.

3. Rogue has completely changed. Seems like the avengers pumped air into her head.

4. the issue of scarlet witch still being an avenger is still not addressed. why are the phoenix 5 considered felons while scarlet witch is still a hero?

Raves

1. I love how iceman reacts in support of jean.

2. Deceiving cover art but it's effective.

3. I'm loving the emotional character of jean. very different from the jean from the past.

4. Love the alex and scott bonding

#2 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthphoenix said:

Rants

1. I really hate it when Avengers drop by the pages of x-men.

2. Jean goes berzerk and hits the avengers with her tk blast. thor and scarlet witch are thrown away and captain america is left standing with his shield. doesn't the laws of physics apply on him? Marvel should just give him a 2nd mutation or something so that he'd be the invincible Captain america.

3. Rogue has completely changed. Seems like the avengers pumped air into her head.

I pretty much agree with all of these.

I am enjoying Rogue in Uncanny Avengers, but it does seem like her character has regressed to being less mature. Of course, I haven't really enjoyed Rogue since the 90's, so I don't really mind, personally. But it does feel like Bendis hasn't read a comic with her since the 90's, not that he'd be missing much.

4. the issue of scarlet witch still being an avenger is still not addressed. why are the phoenix 5 considered felons while scarlet witch is still a hero?

I guess she redeemed herself by destroying the Phoenix?

And, as has been pointed out, Scarlet Witch does seem genuinely repentant for losing control of her powers, while Cyclops does not and seems to act pretty justified.

Raves

1. I love how iceman reacts in support of jean.

2. Deceiving cover art but it's effective.

3. I'm loving the emotional character of jean. very different from the jean from the past.

This was all pretty good, but I still feel like it's a bit of poor writing that Jean didn't already know about any of the things the Scarlet Witch did when she lost control of her power.

4. Love the alex and scott bonding

For me, this was actually one of the most satisfying things to happen in this series so far. Just a great moment.

#3 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Scarlet Witch being an Avenger will ever be explained at this rate. I'm loving all the drama in this series but whenever anything really big comes up we never see any sort of conclusion, it's just left hanging there. When O5 Cyclops met his future self he talked with him for barely 5 minutes you would think he'd want a detailed explanation or something. The whole Scarlet Witch being an Avenger is just brushed aside with "it's complicated". When Scott handed Jean the wedding invitation at the end ANX #7 NOTHING HAPPENED! Neither of them have even spoke to each other for 5 issues!

The series is good, the art is good but all these unfinished conversations are killing me!

Also when is Bobby gonna get some focus?

#4 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

As to Scarlet witch being an avenger think of it as keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.

#5 Posted by Avenger85 (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

As to Scarlet witch being an avenger think of it as keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.

I don't think the Avengers are that intellegent, looking at the sheer hypocricy that they've been showing lol.

#6 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@osian2: I don't know why the Avengers would feel the need to justify themselves to a bunch of teenagers from another dimension.

#7 Posted by darthphoenix (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers=self righteous hypocrits =)

#8 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers=self righteous hypocrits =)

haha! well, they're a team of the Earth's mightiest superheroes, so they'd pretty much have to be. :P

#9 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@osian2: I don't know why the Avengers would feel the need to justify themselves to a bunch of teenagers from another dimension.

To be fair yeah it's not like the Avengers have to tell them anything considering they're not happy about them being there in the first place but when Wolverine and Kitty treat them the same way it really irritates me. Kitty especially has started to annoy me because as far as being the mentor to all 5 original X-men the only one she really talks to is Jean.

#10 Posted by SoA (4706 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I really hate it when Avengers drop by the pages of x-men.- they are trying to have some show of continuity , but yeah i agree

2. Jean goes berserk and hits the avengers with her tk blast. thor and scarlet witch are thrown away and captain america is left standing with his shield. doesn't the laws of physics apply on him? Marvel should just give him a 2nd mutation or something so that he'd be the invincible Captain america.- he's cap . deal with it . lol

3. Rogue has completely changed. Seems like the avengers pumped air into her head.- what confused me was her arrogance . why was rogue giving jean such a tough time?

4. the issue of scarlet witch still being an avenger is still not addressed. why are the phoenix 5 considered felons while scarlet witch is still a hero?- right? keeping the muties down ...;)

Raves

3. I'm loving the emotional character of jean. very different from the jean from the past.- wasn't she always emotional ?

4. Love the alex and scott bonding- yes that was pretty cool ,it was a nice moment

#11 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@osian2 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

To be fair yeah it's not like the Avengers have to tell them anything considering they're not happy about them being there in the first place but when Wolverine and Kitty treat them the same way it really irritates me. Kitty especially has started to annoy me because as far as being the mentor to all 5 original X-men the only one she really talks to is Jean.

yeah, that's sort of been bugging me too. Then again, if you read the original series from the 60's, Xavier was kind of the same way. I guess she just obviously needs the most attention.