• 77 results
Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Galerion

Well as some of you already know Laura Kinney aka X-23 will take over as the new Wolverine. She will be in two titles starting in November. The first one is All-New X-Men which is written by Dennis Hopeless and with Mark Bagely on art and the second one is her solo book which will be written by Tom Taylor and with David Lopez on the art.

Taylor and Lopez both have done an interview on Marvel.com talking about the book

David Lopez has allowed a look into his sketchbook and he explains his thoughts and choices.

And now I will post most of the art that has been released already. Enjoy

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Oh yeah and in case people don't get it. The first cover is a homage to Wolverines first appearance in the comics

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice cool

Alias99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't like the idea of putting her in Logan's custom. Personally I thought she looked cool in Yost's X-Force. And even if not the X-Force uniform, then just something else. Just not Logan's.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

No Caption Provided

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

She should have her own costume and look. I've liked her in the all black Xforce uniform. I don't like the idea of Wolverine being treated as some mantle to pass on to the next person. The same as I don't like Thor being used as a mantle to pass in either. How does this further establish her as her own unique character and not some knockoff clone like some people have said? I actually wish she would just use the codename that was suppose to be hers from the beginning I think which was Talon.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgot about the Hip-Hop variant cover. Added it to the OP

No Caption Provided

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I don't like the costume on her. And I think the Wolverine name is stupid, because Wolverines identity doesn't have the symbolic value Captain America or Batman do so there is no point to that, especially since she apparently won't be called Wolverine in-universe. I don't think Laura getting a new solo title is bad, though. The art of her series looks nice.

Alias99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alias99

Exactly!!

@hawk2916 said:

She should have her own costume and look. I've liked her in the all black Xforce uniform. I don't like the idea of Wolverine being treated as some mantle to pass on to the next person. The same as I don't like Thor being used as a mantle to pass in either. How does this further establish her as her own unique character and not some knockoff clone like some people have said? I actually wish she would just use the codename that was suppose to be hers from the beginning I think which was Talon.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's trash. Just like rest of Marvel's books these days.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it brings back the old costume and puts more focus on Laura.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of actually making new characters Marvel just replaces established ones with women which is stupid.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

Instead of actually making new characters Marvel just replaces established ones with women which is stupid.

Huh? Pretty much all the characters that are "replacing" characters are already established characters simply taking over the mantels a lot of which have strong connections to said mantels. So who are you referring to exactly?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh? Pretty much all the characters that are "replacing" characters are already established characters simply taking over the mantels a lot of which have strong connections to said mantels. So who are you referring to exactly?

Such as? Also, this thread is about the new "wolverine" so I referred to her specifically... I'm against superheroes having mantles in general. It lacks originality.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FearTheLiving

@m_man: Thor is Jane Foster a character that has been around since Thor himself (was the nurse of Donald Blake, Thor's mortal disguise), Laura is the clone of Logan and sort of like an adopted daughter to him, Sam was Falcon and a long time partner to Steve before becoming Captain America.

The only characters in recent memory that I can think of off the top of my head that weren't preexisting before taking a mantle (well some what taking it) is Ms Marvel and the new Ghost Rider. The former doesn't have the same powers and was using a mantel that wasn't being used and the latter is a different spirit and since he uses a hot rod and looks completely different there is no confusing him with Blaze or Ketch.

So yeah she was an existing character and and her own super name with X-23 not sure why you'd think she's just some new character they're just shoving into the mantel of Wolverine.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WastelandMan

@feartheliving said:

@m_man: Thor is Jane Foster a character that has been around since Thor himself, Laura is the clone of Logan and sort of like an adopted daughter to him, Sam was Falcon and a long time partner to Steve before becoming Captain America.

The only characters in recent memory that I can think of off the top of my head that weren't preexisting before taking a mantle (well some what taking it) is Ms Marvel and the new Ghost Rider. The former doesn't have the same powers and was using a mantel that wasn't being used and the latter is a different spirit and since he uses a hot rod and looks completely different there is no confusing him with Blaze or Ketch.

Yes, I know Thor is currently female hence why I said it's becoming a trend for Marvel to just replace already established popular male characters with female characters for the sake of having more popular female characters instead of making new ones. I'm also aware that Falcon became Cap. I'm just confused why you brought up characters taking up mantles of other heroes to begin with because nothing in my post said other characters have never taken mantles before. Again, I only brought up the ANAD Wolverine specifically because the thread is clearly about her.

So yeah she was an existing character and and her own super name with X-23 not sure why you'd think she's just some new character they're just shoving into the mantel of Wolverine.

........Never said she was new a character......not once. I'm saying instead of making new female heroes that become popular they're just replacing popular male heroes with females. It's lazy and gimmicky.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FearTheLiving
@m_man said:

Yes, I know Thor is currently female hence why I said it's becoming a trend for Marvel to just replace already established popular male characters with female characters for the sake of having more popular female characters instead of making new ones.

They are making new characters they are just also giving their older ones some love. It's also not just female characters it's a bunch of characters that haven't gotten the spotlight in a while.

I'm just confused why you brought up characters taking up mantles of other heroes to begin with because nothing in my post said other characters have never taken mantles before. Again, I only brought up the ANAD Wolverine specifically because the thread is clearly about her.

Because you made it sound as if they are just grabbing these characters off the streets that have no ties to the mantle they're taking over. ANAD?

That and you also quoted & bolded this

Pretty much all the characters that are "replacing" characters are already established characters

Hence me talking about established characters taking over mantels for other established characters.

........Never said she was new a character......not once. I'm saying instead of making new female heroes that become popular they're just replacing popular male heroes with females. It's lazy and gimmicky.

Because you made it sound like they had to create a new character when it's just promoting an existing one. And Wolverine isn't being replaced there is still Old Man Logan while 616 Logan takes an adamantium nap.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WastelandMan

@feartheliving:

They are making new characters they are just also giving their older ones some love. It's also not just female characters it's a bunch of characters that haven't gotten the spotlight in a while.

So instead of improving the writing so that the character becomes more popular they just give them the same name as an actually popular character? Characters should get spotlights because of the quality of the writing.

Because you made it sound as if they are just grabbing these characters off the streets that have no ties to the mantle they're taking over.

So instead asking me to clarifying my position you make one for me?

ANAD?

All-New All Different

That and you also quoted & bolded this

Hence me talking about established characters taking over mantels for other established characters.

.......Where in that does it say they're all new characters?

Because you made it sound like they had to create a new character when it's just promoting an existing one.

Again, characters should stand on their own merits, that's my point. They should make their characters have the spotlight by the writing and not by lazily making them an already popular character. Again, that's lazy and gimmicky.

And Wolverine isn't being replaced there is still Old Man Logan while 616 Logan takes an adamantium nap.

That's like saying Thor isn't really being replaced, he's just unworthy. It's superficial. Jane is the new Thor and X-23 is the new Wolverine.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
So instead of improving the writing so that the character becomes more popular they just give them the same name as an actually popular character? Characters should get spotlights because of the quality of the writing.

Can't it be both. The sad truth of it is sometimes good books can go unnoticed because people just aren't checking it out. Have you read this series yet? Last I checked it wasn't out yet perhaps the story is excellent.

So instead asking me to clarifying my position you make one for me?

Well I kind of did hence the huh but you're right I should have been more specific. Not sure why you're making such a big deal about it though it's not like I'm pushing you on it any longer once you clarified I stopped that should be the end of it.

All-New All Different

Ah.

.......Where in that does it say they're all new characters?

I never said it did I was referring to your comment about why I even brought up Falcon and Captain America and it was because you quoted & bolded that statement.

Again, characters should stand on their own merits, that's my poiny. They should make their characters have the spotlight by the writing and not by lazily making them an already popular character. Again, that's lazy and gimmicky.

Again why can't it be both? Giving attention to a character doesn't mean they're be written poorly.

That's like saying Thor isn't really being replaced, he's just unworthy. It's superficial. Jane is the new Thor and X-23 is the new Wolverine.

Not really as there is a Logan around and still being the character if anything it's akin to the dual Hawkeyes or the dual Spider-men.

In the end it doesn't really matter I asked for clarification you gave it that's all that's needed you don't like it that's fine personally I'm indifferent I think it can be either a good thing or a bad thing just depends on the actual story and not making a predetermined judgement before reading it.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving:

Can't it be both.

Possibly.

The sad truth of it is sometimes good books can go unnoticed because people just aren't checking it out. Have you read this series yet? Last I checked it wasn't out yet perhaps the story is excellent.

I'm going by their track record and going off that it's been bad.

Well I kind of did hence the huh but you're right I should have been more specific. Not sure why you're making such a big deal about it though it's not like I'm pushing you on it any longer once you clarified I stopped that should be the end of it.

You're making points and I'm addressing it. I don't see how I'm "pushing it" any farther than that.

I never said it did I was referring to your comment about why I even brought up Falcon and Captain America and it was because you quoted & bolded that statement.

Yeah but that didn't address anything.

Again why can't it be both? Giving attention to a character doesn't mean they're be written poorly.

Again, i'm going off what's Marvel been doing recently when they do this and it's always sucks. My opinion sure but that's what the point of posting is, to express one's opinion.

Not really as there is a Logan around and still being the character if anything it's akin to the dual Hawkeyes or the dual Spider-men.

Again, that just shows how superficial it all is.

In the end it doesn't really matter I asked for clarification you gave it that's all that's needed you don't like it that's fine personally I'm indifferent I think it can be either a good thing or a bad thing just depends on the actual story and not making a predetermined judgement before reading it.

I never said anything regarding the actual quality of this particular issue but rather the reasoning of it.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FearTheLiving

@m_man:

I'm going by their track record and going off that it's been bad.

To each their own I suppose. I've been liking Sam as Cap and Ms Marvel is one of my favorite new characters. Can't speak on Jane as Thor though haven't read much of her aside from her guest spot in Squirrel Girl.

You're making points and I'm addressing it. I don't see how I'm "pushing it" any farther than that.

I said it's not like I'M pushing it never said you were. Was saying that aspect should be dropped because it was a misunderstanding.

Yeah but that didn't address anything.

It was addressing the bolded comment, so yeah it did address something. Again we're kind of going off on a tangent though that really doesn't make sense to continue.

Again, that just shows how superficial it all is.

Perhaps but if it's helping promote a character and giving them new potentially interesting stories while also potentially gathering new readers I don't see a problem in it. When it comes down to it you either buy the book or you don't.

I never said anything regarding the actual quality of this particular issue but rather the reasoning of it.

Never said you did. Just making a statement that people often set their mind on a certain way of thinking and aren't open to even trying it to see if it's good.

I suppose I'm just optimistic.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I really hate everything that Tom Taylor's ever written so I am not really hyped for this. Of course I want to be surprised well but I doubt it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle

I agree with what looks like the consensus here; that the title and costume of Wolverine was never really presented as a mantle. Wolverine was just the code name given to/chosen by a short, aggressive, hairy guy from Canada, the name always kind of had a satirical suggestion to it, and his costume was issued to him by the Canadian government and he just kept on wearing it because back in the day, Wolverine just didn't give hoot. It seems like Marvel is doing this for the characters posterity, which is understandable, but it's just weird that Wolverine is a character that has a legacy now.

I am not really a fan of X-23, so, I won't be reading this. She was great in the NYX series, but that was more due to the essential lower scale, surreal, non-superhero context of the book. Not really a fan of "Spin off characters" to be honest.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This book looks really interesting.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wonder why this book didn't go to Kyle & Yost considering that they created her. Or in the interest of the diversity push then why not have Deconnick or G. Willow Wilson on this.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Hopefully she is not going to have this kind of relationship with that new Hulk they are brewing on:

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By dernman

X-23 >>>>>>> female Wolverine

I want these replacements to fail so the true character can get back in their roles. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Give them a book in their own name and hopefully they succeed. As long as they're not I hope not.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23 solo book - Good

X-23 as "Wolverine" - Not Good, Not Awful

Clear Indication that Logan isn't coming back for a while - Bad

Whatever, maybe I'll read an issue or two. I love Wolverine, I like X-23. It seems weird but I won't write it off until I've read some.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CobraCommander

The cowl. . .burn it please

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HAWK2916

@galerion: I sincerely hope that was joke. Which right now is not funny in the least. I mean what next Magneto and Cable teaming up with Rainbow Bright, the Carebears and Papa Smurf??

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@galerion: I sincerely hope that was joke. Which right now is not funny in the least. I mean what next Magneto and Cable teaming up with Rainbow Bright, the Carebears and Papa Smurf??

Who knows? Not much of a choice besides waiting and seeing.

Not a fan of it either but I will complain about it after I have seen it.

Super_Blah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Super_Blah

IMO, the uniform is fine, but the mask needs to go. It doesn't work with the hair hanging out the back. She's not Batgirl.

I'm glad Marvel's giving Laura another chance to shine in a solo series though.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Galerion

Here are the cover and solicitations for All-New Wolverine # 3 by they way.

No Caption Provided

TOM TAYLOR (W) • DAVID LOPEZ (A)

Cover by BENGAL

Variant Cover by DAVID LOPEZ

VARIANT COVER BY MIKE CHOI

MARVEL ‘92 VARIANT BY TOM RANEY

CAN YOU HANDLE THE DEADLY MYSTERY OF THE FOUR SISTERS?

• It’s WOLVERINE vs. TASKMASTER in this explosive issue!

• Can Laura survive ALCHEMAX’S army of mercenaries?

• What is the devastating secret the SISTERS have been keeping?

I would also really like to see that Mike Choi variant cover. He has always drawn the best Laura in my opinion.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview pages now also in color. Looks pretty awesome

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She should tie her hair back or have it so he costume covers it up more.

BTW, that first ever image of Wolverine is UG-LEH!

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Galerion

A few new pics from NYCC showing off issue #4 which involves Dr. Strange. Also a few other pages like Laura sitting next to Wolverine with both having that X-Force duds on.

Even though it's blurred it looks like Lopez is really killing it on the art when just looking at the middle page for example.

I hope we get a few higher-quality pics of these soon.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Also the All-New Wolverine costume has been released for Marvel Heroes for all who play that game

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In fact I will be giving away a few of these to the people who can answer all the questions correctly.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/239810/the-best-there-is-at-what-she-does-giveaway

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't like the costume because it looks way to similar to Wolverine's costume. They should of made something new. Feels like a missed opportunity to do something more creative. I can also see a lot of people thinking that Wolverine is a woman now and not realize that it's Laura. Could of gone for a more subtle wink to the old Wolverine costume but who knows. Maybe there is an actual reason Marvel chose to go with an almost identical suit that we'll read about in the series?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they explored Sabretooth as Wolverine aside from "omg I'm so sad bohoo". Remender is the worst I'm glad he left Marvel.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Takeshi55

@arinya: Yeah, also, I hate that she has the "White Tiger" look with the long hair, yet the rest of her is mostly covered up. Always bugged me.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they explored Sabretooth as Wolverine aside from "omg I'm so sad bohoo". Remender is the worst I'm glad he left Marvel.

I simply cannot support Sabretooth in this role. He isn't an actual good person. The only reason he acts like he does now is because he got brainwashed. As soon as that wears off he will immediately return to his murderous and monstrous self

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion: I need that Wolverine costume

Yeah it's pretty sweet and has a very high quality. Unfortunately you have missed my giveaway though :(

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion: cool poor warren cant catch a break....also why is warren attracted to dangerous girls? ie psylocke, x-23

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion: cool poor warren cant catch a break....also why is warren attracted to dangerous girls? ie psylocke, x-23

Well you know some just like them skinny, some others like them well the opposite and some others just love them when they could kill you in like 14 different ways :D

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Well you know some just like them skinny, some others like them well the opposite and some others just love them when they could kill you in like 14 different ways :D

lol true true but then theres @koays lol :D :P

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a profoundly idiotic idea and the book looks dreadful!