#1 Edited by darthphoenix (985 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean's powers are clearly evolving really fast without her really knowing how to control them. There are no mind blocks and training from professor x or any of the experienced telepaths or telekenetics yet and her emotions are taking a toll on her powers, do you think that the dark phoenix saga 2 is fast approaching?

#2 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean's powers are clearly evolving really fast without her really knowing how to control them. There are no mind blocks and training from professor x or any of the experienced telepaths or telekenetics yet and her emotions are taking a toll on her powers, do you think that the dark phoenix saga 2 is fast approaching?

I've been enjoying All-new X-men well enough, but if that's where they're going with it, I'll drop it and any book that Jean shows up in. I'm the opposite of interested in seeing that happen.

#3 Posted by HumanRocket (9380 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm tired of the pheonix force already so I hope it's not going down that road. I really like the all new x-men and feel its probably the best marvel now comic out there.

#4 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no more phoenix Jean's white crown is in the white hot room and her clone (hope) broke up the rest of the phoenix force to reignite the mutant race.

So there's maybe a 15% chance of new X men Jean getting the phoenix.

#5 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4434 posts) - - Show Bio

technically are't all new mutants after AVX hosting a piece of the Phoenix force since it was dispersed and used to reactivate the Xgene?

#6 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

technically are't all new mutants after AVX hosting a piece of the Phoenix force since it was dispersed and used to reactivate the Xgene?

sort of, but the O5 weren't around yet when that happened, so it seems unlikely that would effect them.

#7 Posted by alka_seltzer (13 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimsonlord53: Nothing can separate Jean from the Phoenix, not even Tai Chi lessons and an equally unbearable plot device.

#8 Edited by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

breaking the phoenix is dumb PIS since it is a cosmic force

#9 Edited by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

breaking the phoenix is dumb PIS since it is a cosmic force

That's how I felt. When I read the "No more phoenix" I was like: "OMG IS THAT A JOKE?"

It wasn't...

#10 Edited by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultra_beleco: they keep f_cking up continuity, ever since Gruenwald left there is less and less consistency

Quesada f_cked everything up (still hate him for OMD)

#11 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4434 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans said:

sort of, but the O5 weren't around yet when that happened, so it seems unlikely that would effect them.

Well even if they were around it wouldn't have effected them anyway since they still had active Xgenes, other than Jean being an avatar I mean. I was just saying that because people say the Phoenix is dead and don't want it back on Earth, while overlooking that the Phoenix wasn't destroyed (can't be destroyed anyway), and that it is technically in every new mutant on the planet right now. So there is really no way to avoid another Phoenix interaction in the future due to this.

#12 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I found it funny that the Cuckoos thought young, untrained Jean was not the powerhouse Jean Grey they expected her to be.