Age of Apocalypse questions

sj_esposito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

I read the original AoA storyline a long time ago, and while rereading the Dark Angel Saga recently, I got to thinking about the continuity of AoA... Mainly, are stories in this universe still being told? Are events still unfolding in real time or has the "end" already been told and anything that happens in AoA in other books (like Uncanny X-Force) not part of the continuity of that timeline?

I know there is an AoA ongoing out right now, but I've never read it... Is this where events from the AoA are unfolding, or is it something parallel to the original continuity established in the 90s? I've thumbed through an issue or two and didn't see the classic AoA characters (eg, Cyclops, Weapon X, etc.) so i figured it wasn't completely aligned. I'm looking for stories that chronicle the AoA plot and characters beyond the '95-'96 storyline. Any recommendations for stuff like this?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I read the original AoA storyline a long time ago, and while rereading the Dark Angel Saga recently, I got to thinking about the continuity of AoA... Mainly, are stories in this universe still being told? Are events still unfolding in real time or has the "end" already been told and anything that happens in AoA in other books (like Uncanny X-Force) not part of the continuity of that timeline?

I know there is an AoA ongoing out right now, but I've never read it... Is this where events from the AoA are unfolding, or is it something parallel to the original continuity established in the 90s? I've thumbed through an issue or two and didn't see the classic AoA characters (eg, Cyclops, Weapon X, etc.) so i figured it wasn't completely aligned. I'm looking for stories that chronicle the AoA plot and characters beyond the '95-'96 storyline. Any recommendations for stuff like this?

You should check this out. More of a continuation to the 95-96 stuff than you'll get past that. Current stuff deals with a drastic change of events, what with there being no Mutants in this current world and an alt. u. team of 616's most feared and notorious mutant hunters forming a freedom fighting force to take down Weapon Omega, alongside a now powerless Jean Grey (who will soon hone the powers of Apocalypse). It's the same Universe alright, but the thing is, Remender decided to kill the majority of them off during his Uncanny X-Force run.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

@sesposito7 said:

You should check this out. More of a continuation to the 95-96 stuff than you'll get past that. Current stuff deals with a drastic change of events, what with there being no Mutants in this current world and an alt. u. team of 616's most feared and notorious mutant hunters forming a freedom fighting force to take down Weapon Omega, alongside a now powerless Jean Grey (who will soon hone the powers of Apocalypse). It's the same Universe alright, but the thing is, Remender decided to kill the majority of them off during his Uncanny X-Force run.

That bothered me when almost every character was killed in the AoA universe during Dark Angel Saga... I had such hopes that Kirika would go back to the 616 universe! But that was too much to ask.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@papad1992: That was just bloody trollage from Remender. I understand he was writing a "kill-all" title but that was unnecessary, and to add insult to injury, he went and killed Gateway ffs. Appreciating the fact that he even used the character, and others, though.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

@papad1992: That was just bloody trollage from Remender. I understand he was writing a "kill-all" title but that was unnecessary, and to add insult to injury, he went and killed Gateway ffs. Appreciating the fact that he even used the character, and others, though.

The pissed me off too! Poor Gateway, he was only ever used... I would have loved to see some of the AoA characters make it out of Dark Angel Saga alive, like: Sunfire, Kirika, Rogue, etc... And now Sabretooth is dead from this X-Termination crossover... let's just let those monsters eat the AoA universe, there's no one left, besides some members of the X-Terminated, Jean Grey, and Nightcrawler!

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

What pisses me off, is there still making money of the the Age of Apocalypse, why don't they try something new.