#1 Posted by choadius (6 posts) - - Show Bio

in the wolverine/hulk story from a+x#1, wolverine and hulk fight a future wolverine and maestro (sp? evil future totalitarian hulk with a beard), the latter two suddenly appearing in avengers hq via a time portal. Has this future wolverine, who looks like 'normal' wolverine but with some gray in his hair (plus he's wearing a heavy coat with a fur-lined collar) appeared before? I could swear I've seen him in some alternate future/dystopian storyline. Or I could be imaging it, and a+x #1 is his first appearance.

anyone know? its driving me crazy trying to remember and it's a bit too vague to google. any answers appreciated.

#2 Posted by McKlayn (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, he was in the Uncanny X Force story where they traveled in the future and Besty tried to off herself

#3 Edited by McKlayn (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty sure this is the same "future" wolverine

#4 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@choadius said:

in the wolverine/hulk story from a+x#1, wolverine and hulk fight a future wolverine and maestro (sp? evil future totalitarian hulk with a beard), the latter two suddenly appearing in avengers hq via a time portal. Has this future wolverine, who looks like 'normal' wolverine but with some gray in his hair (plus he's wearing a heavy coat with a fur-lined collar) appeared before? I could swear I've seen him in some alternate future/dystopian storyline. Or I could be imaging it, and a+x #1 is his first appearance.

anyone know? its driving me crazy trying to remember and it's a bit too vague to google. any answers appreciated.

He's the Wolverine from Days of Future Past.

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

pretty sure this is the same "future" wolverine

Nope, it's not.

#6 Edited by choadius (6 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks guys. personally i was thinking of the wolverine from the x-force story, which came out last year i think. but it could be the days of future past one too.

#7 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@choadius said:

thanks guys. personally i was thinking of the wolverine from the x-force story, which came out last year i think. but it could be the days of future past one too.

It definitely is. If you like Wolverine at all, you really should read DoFP; it's one of his most character-defining stories.

#8 Posted by McKlayn (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually disagree with you Oldnightcrawler, i totally think its the one from the X force story not from attire or anything else but from the words and hints in the title. In the X force story they basically kill criminals before they act or some harsh degree of punishment like that, it seemed pretty much what Future Wolverine was attempting (now its been a while since i read this so i cant really give you word for word but that's how i interrupted it) it for sure didn't seem like the one from Days of Future past, I mean why would he attack his Younger Self? Why would he be with the future hulk guy if its the DOFP one? Doesn't really make sense, i know the attire may match a bit better but come on, its a coat with fur hes wore that same thing in the present so not really much to go by lol

#9 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

i actually disagree with you Oldnightcrawler, i totally think its the one from the X force story not from attire or anything else but from the words and hints in the title. In the X force story they basically kill criminals before they act or some harsh degree of punishment like that, it seemed pretty much what Future Wolverine was attempting (now its been a while since i read this so i cant really give you word for word but that's how i interrupted it) it for sure didn't seem like the one from Days of Future past, I mean why would he attack his Younger Self? Why would he be with the future hulk guy if its the DOFP one? Doesn't really make sense, i know the attire may match a bit better but come on, its a coat with fur hes wore that same thing in the present so not really much to go by lol

I got to agree with you... I was trying to figure this out as well and all things keep pointing back to the "Wolverine" from the Uncanny X-Force series where Gateway teleports them into the future in which that future comprises of them killing potential criminals/villains!

#10 Posted by choadius (6 posts) - - Show Bio

its been a while since i read DoFP, but if I remember right wolverine is a resistance fighter in that story. as the two posters above me said, its kinda out of character for him to team up with evil hulk for an assasination. but I could totally see future x-force wolverine doing it. btw in a+x 1 they were there to kill red hulk, bumping into their former selves wasnt part of the plan. when they go back to their time they report to the president of the usa, who (from the small look we get of him) looks like red hulk with a mustache. is his identity also a mystery?

#11 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

yeah, actually, that does make more sense I guess.