#1 Edited by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

I read in USA Today that Cullen Bunn will be writing a Magneto solo in March. Personally I hope its done right and I cant wait. I wonder if this could end up being a new xforce type thing. Or whether Magneto brings back the Brotherhood and starts up his own thing. Does this mean he is leaving Cyclops uncanny team? I hope they dont try to turn him into a full-fledged villain though.

#2 Posted by adamTRMM (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

Does this mean he is leaving Cyclops uncanny team? I hope they dont try to turn him into a full-fledged villain though.

I knew it was coming, just thought it will take more time. Well if it's so, I'm excited and hope he'll get his respect lost by this decade. But if it is all about making him a villain again, well.. let's just hope it isn't.

X-force\Brotherhood, sounds interesting :)

#3 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: @hawk2916: But isnt cyclops supposed to help magneto and the others get their powers working again? Since it looks like magneto is going to do something that "puts him at odds with the whole marvel U?" idk

#4 Edited by adamTRMM (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Help how? I don't see what Cyclops can do about it really. I know there's a Magneto-centric issue coming, that's what you mean?

I've just read Hickman wanted to use Magneto as his mutant Illuminati instead of Beast but Bendis didn't allow him, I guess that is the exact reason Hickman also doesn't give a damn about idiotic Bendis' idea of 'broken powers', cause you know Namor feels good, while Mags who wasn't even one of the five, doesn't. And the only logical reason for this was a fear of Magneto overshadowing everyone else if he would be the only one at full-power. But damn Illuminati Magnus? Could be totally badass.

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Help how? I don't see what Cyclops can do about it really. I know there's a Magneto-centric issue coming, that's what you mean?

I've just read Hickman wanted to use Magneto as his mutant Illuminati instead of Beast but Bendis didn't allow him, I guess that is the exact reason Hickman also doesn't give a damn about idiotic Bendis' idea of 'broken powers', cause you know Namor feels good, while Mags who wasn't even one of the five, doesn't. And the only logical reason for this was a fear of Magneto overshadowing everyone else if he would be the only one at full-power. But damn Illuminati Magnus? Could be totally badass.

I guess your right after all magneto lost his powers before(at the end of House of M) and he got it back by himself

#6 Edited by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea Beast in the illuminati is pretty stupid imo. It should have been either Magneto or Cyclops.

In all honesty I wouldn't be upset if Magneto took off and formed his own team. They could be the Brotherhood, just not the evil mutants part. It would be cool if he recruited Sage, Frenzy and a few others who aren't being used in the current books. They could be the revolutionary team. While Cyclops goes back to the original idea of the extinction team dealing with extinction level threats.

I still hope this book does well, though Im a little worried about Cullen Bunn being the writer

#7 Edited by adamTRMM (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, there's always something happens to his powers it's getteng old. I don't understand why Thanos, Doom and Ultron all can be powerful and well-handled but Magneto stuck in this loop.

@hawk2916:

I'm kinda worried if he'll mess up it will be such a waste of opportunity! And Walta as an artist? It should be Mann.

#8 Posted by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Yeah that's my worry. I read his Fearless Defenders stuff and it just didnt work. There was not much direction other than the focus being on this nobody Annabelle Riggs character who was like a Indiana Jones/Lara Croft wannabe who couldnt focus on the task at hand without trying to sleep with every other woman she saw. I hope he comes with it on this book because Magneto deserves the best. I kinda wish Carey or Kyle and Yost was on this one

#9 Posted by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way the one-word solicit for this was Infamous... so make of that what you will. But I hope its not just full-fledged villain though I'd be all for a villain book

#10 Edited by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

By the way the one-word solicit for this was Infamous... so make of that what you will. But I hope its not just full-fledged villain though I'd be all for a villain book

Go read Superior Spider-man.

#11 Edited by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@hawk2916 said:

Really? Is he a villain or an example of what a Magneto solo should be?

#12 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

Really? Is he a villain or an example of what a Magneto solo should be?

Remorseless villain masquerading as a hero. NOT an example of what a Magneto solo should be. Also, for other villain books, check out The Superior Foes of Spider-Man, and Inhumanity: The Heist.

#13 Edited by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm. thanks i might check those out.

By the way here's a link where Bunn is discussing his vision for the book:

http://marvel.com/news/story/21606/all-new_marvel_now_qa_magneto

#14 Posted by CheeseSticks (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is: Magneto make a new Acolyte team and Fabian Cortez repower him. Domino, Colossus and Forge will join Mags.

Yup i know i'm dreaming, but still, how awesome would it be.

#15 Edited by HumanRocket (7406 posts) - - Show Bio

The only exposure I have had of Magneto has been from the reading I did from AOA and I loved Magneto from that series. If they come out with his own solo title ill consider getting it.

#16 Edited by Tohoma (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

At least its not another Wolverine book.

#17 Edited by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: Is Cortez even alive right now? That would be cool though and I kinda like the team with Domino, Colossus and Forge. I say add Sage, who could jump start or repower him as well, and maybe Frenzy or Blink and thats a decent team

#18 Posted by CheeseSticks (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

@cheesesticks: Is Cortez even alive right now? That would be cool though and I kinda like the team with Domino, Colossus and Forge. I say add Sage, who could jump start or repower him as well, and maybe Frenzy or Blink and thats a decent team

Yup, that would be amazing. About Cortez, it's comics, no one is really dead.

#19 Posted by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: lol yeah. Maybe Exodus joins him again. That would be pretty badass

#20 Posted by darthphoenix (652 posts) - - Show Bio

I still cant believe he's taking orders from scott. he's a good leader/tactician too

#21 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested. I hope he isn't full on villain.

#22 Edited by adamTRMM (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

No Brotherhood or Acolytes for the first time! He has to go solo for some time, his character is a mess right now. A survivor of three genocides, one of which caused by his own daughter,hhe has to learn from his mistakes and to decide what is his place in the world right now after he messed up so much.

#23 Posted by Farkam (4784 posts) - - Show Bio

I still cant believe he's taking orders from scott. he's a good leader/tactician too

Scott is generally well respected by those who are under his command, even by those who hate his guts, such as Wolverine (who even has more combat experience than Scott). His skills as a Combat tactician and a fighter aren't to be underestimated.

#26 Posted by adamTRMM (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

This scene inspired Bunn, now I have a hope.

#27 Posted by numi (187 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to it. Definitely pick up the first few issues to see how it goes.