#1 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit

jubilee

nightcrawler ( only had him once)

rouge

morph ( hey why not right?)

arch angel ( x-3 didnt do him justice)

corsair ( who wouldnt want to see him in?)

havok

cyclops

have the story be centered around the summers family and introduce the folliwing villains

mr. sinister

mystique ( add in the rouge and not crawler are related story)

blob

toad

avalanche.

mid credit scene can involve cable forming the x-force :)

#2 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of those characters have been in films.

Too much is overkill, keep the team small and tight

#3 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4178 posts) - - Show Bio

X-3 didn't do anyone justice.

#4 Posted by Ms. Omega (4382 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue (With Ms. Marvels powers)

#5 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

ok you got me there...........

#6 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

Just dropped by to make sure Nightcrawler was on the list.

Carry on.

#7 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

I know everyone is likely to vilify me for this, but, I don't really care...

I enjoyed how they handled the Phoenix in the film. In the comics, over the decades, the Phoenix Force has become so overly convoluted, I don't even know or care what it is anymore. In the film it was just Jean as the full potential of humanity, the next step beyond mutants. It was easy to grasp and I believe it was very similar to what Claremont and Byrnes original version, the Phoenix was just Jean as a more powerful being, the Phoenix Force was born out of the all the nonsense from the retcon when they wanted to bring Jean back. While it was weird that Jean just joins Magneto and then randomly goes apesh*t at the end of the film, you have to remember, it is a movie after all, and not everything is going to be perfect.

Additionally, I also like that Beast was, instead of just being another random X-Man, had moved on and worked within politics. I always thought that after X-Factor in the 80s that would have been the next step for him. Instead in the early 90s they just relegated him to the "smart guy" of the blue strike force, and now he just continues to be another X-man. It was nice to see the films showing some initiative and giving the X-characters more progression and feasibility other than just having all of them be superheroes.

#8 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of those characters have been in films.

Too much is overkill, keep the team small and tight

i was thinking trilogy my friend. center the trilogy around the summers family by introducing mr sinister turning havok into a villain. introduce gambit as a thief for hire build up the storyline by having corsair come to earth and have the typical father and sons pop wow.

movie 2 can introduce jubilee and morph as new student's and build torward a new brotherhood wich will have the new rookies fight them

movie 3. the summers family takes on mr sinister and all his associates with the help of the new rookie's.

#9 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

@tazzmission said:

I enjoyed how they handled the Phoenix in the film. In the comics, over the decades, the Phoenix Force has become so overly convoluted, I don't even know or care what it is anymore. In the film it was just Jean as the full potential of humanity, the next step beyond mutants. It was easy to grasp and I believe it was very similar to what Claremont and Byrnes original version, the Phoenix was just Jean as a more powerful being, the Phoenix Force was born out of the all the nonsense from the retcon when they wanted to bring Jean back. While it was weird that Jean just joins Magneto and then randomly goes apesh*t at the end of the film, you have to remember, it is a movie after all, and not everything is going to be perfect.

Additionally, I also like that Beast was, instead of just being another random X-Man, had moved on and worked within politics. I always thought that after X-Factor in the 80s that would have been the next step for him. Instead in the early 90s they just relegated him to the "smart guy" of the blue strike force, and now he just continues to be another X-man. It was nice to see the films showing some initiative and giving the X-characters more progression and feasibility other than just having all of them be superheroes.

hey im not knocking you man you like what you like so no judgment on my behalf. x3 did have some good parts as did orgins but in the end imo and mine alone ( i cant speak for everyone) i felt both films missed a huge oppertunity. id also like to confess im no xmen purist but as a movie goer i just wasnt feeling those particular 2 films

#10 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

i was thinking trilogy my friend. center the trilogy around the summers family by introducing mr sinister turning havok into a villain. introduce gambit as a thief for hire build up the storyline by having corsair come to earth and have the typical father and sons pop wow.

movie 2 can introduce jubilee and morph as new student's and build torward a new brotherhood wich will have the new rookies fight them

movie 3. the summers family takes on mr sinister and all his associates with the help of the new rookie's.

Yeah, in a new trilogy I would like to see these characters. Thats a major problem with the X-Men, they have way too many interesting storylines and characters to justifiably facilitate anything other than comics. Its hard to not have a large number of characters, whether they are fan favorites or otherwise, just be background characters

@tazzmission said:

hey im not knocking you man you like what you like so no judgment on my behalf. x3 did have some good parts as did orgins but in the end imo and mine alone ( i cant speak for everyone) i felt both films missed a huge oppertunity. id also like to confess im no xmen purist but as a movie goer i just wasnt feeling those particular 2 films

Don't get me wrong, I am not in love with the film or anything, I just think they had some good ideas with those two characters, and I think the Phoenix portrayal was a messed up version of what Singer wanted to do before he left the film, he probably would have done it more justice.

X3 didn't really miss an opportunity, If you research it you will actually find that it was plagued by problems and had a mandatory release date. The production of it was extremely rushed . So with all things considered I don't think it wasn't as bad as everyone says it is. Its not good or anything, just not bad.

#11 Edited by Squares (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, no. Much of your list contains non-essential characters. And who the hell is Rouge?

#12 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

And who the hell is Rouge?

Also, Nightcrawler is always essential. ALWAYS.

#13 Posted by Squares (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@squares said:

And who the hell is Rouge?

Also, Nightcrawler is always essential. ALWAYS.

Agreed, Nightcrawler is essential. But Jubilee, Havok, Corsair, Arcangel and Avalanche? No.

#14 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

Agreed, Nightcrawler is essential. But Jubilee, Havok, Corsair, Arcangel and Avalanche? No.

Eh, an argument could be made for Jubilee: She could give Wolverine a bit more character in the series since he's been in so many movies already. And the dude who made this thread seems to be pitching this trilogy as centering on the Summers family, madness though that might be, so Havok and Corsair ARE kind of essential. Archangel... If he wants to bring in Mr. Sinister, they could bring Archangel in as a way to raise the stakes: He kidnaps, brainwashes, and experiments on Angel, turning him into Archangel and against the X-Men.

But totally agreed on Avalanche.

#15 Posted by Squares (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: Wolverine could be given more character by tons of other characters, such as Shadowcat, we don't need Jubilee. And while it's a good point, Arcangel's role could be filled by god knows how many other characters- if we're making this about the Summer's family, bring in Madelyne Pryor for that.

#16 Posted by MisterAnderson (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it depends upon the story arch being translated to film.

#18 Edited by Farkam (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

Neither did any other of the X-Men films.

#19 Edited by austinrollison (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee would be cool as long as Xavier is ALIVE and Juggernaut is in it, and please lord let him be, butt do it right.

Why not colossus he was not given justice at all and he has the deepest Character out of all the x men and probably one of the most powerful PLEASE make him Russian this time And of course shadow cat we could throw in some romance that's what marvels all about

colossus and shadow cat want a good story show some of that

#20 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee would be cool as long as Xavier is ALIVE and Juggernaut is in it, and please lord let him be, butt do it right.

Why not colossus he was not given justice at all and he has the deepest Character out of all the x men and probably one of the most powerful PLEASE make him Russian this time And of course shadow cat we could throw in some romance that's what marvels all about

colosuss has more scenes in dofp wich is why there are reshoots

i like the idea of bringing new people to the film wich is why i think nolan did fantastic with bb because we never saw someone like scarecrow or ras al ghul on the silver screen.

adds more freshness to the franchise and wouldnt follow the path wolverine has been on wich people have complained about.

#21 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve said:

@tazzmission said:

Yeah, in a new trilogy I would like to see these characters. Thats a major problem with the X-Men, they have way too many interesting storylines and characters to justifiably facilitate anything other than comics. Its hard to not have a large number of characters, whether they are fan favorites or otherwise, just be background characters

why even bother using a already existing story? why not just create a brand new one problem solved? instead of having to worry about screwing up someones past work why not create something new for those charachters?

like batman vs superman for example for mos2. i personally feel instead of borrowing from Dkr they should find a way to create there own story of how both these guys meet and end up fighting. is it risky? sure but so is trying to translate a story from many years ago onto the big screen from a comic book.

#22 Edited by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

The films need to feature more villains that aren't Magneto/Mystique/Striker. The hellfire club in first class was a good start. I would like to see Apocalypse, Mr Sinister or Cassandra Nova as main antagonists.

#23 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

The films need to feature more villains that aren't Magneto/Mystique/Striker. The hellfire club in first class was a good start. I would like to see Apocalypse, Mr Sinister or Cassandra Nova as main antagonists.

thats why i suggested people like sinister toad avalanche and the blob. heck start havok as a villain and give him a redemption story

#24 Edited by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: toad and the blolb were already used in the movies.The others I agree.

#25 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93 said:

@tazzmission: toad and the blolb were already used in the movies.The others I agree.

orgins dosent exist in my mind just like x-3 dude........ as far as im concerned we never saw blob juggernaut on the big screen. i have a way of erasing things from my mind if i hate it that much. now that i think of it id also love me some psylocke

#26 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4178 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wasn't a fan of the Dark Phoenix Saga to begin with. I do agree that bringing it down to just being part of Jean (as Claremont originally intended) and leaving out all of the Shi'ar nonsense was the way to go, I just still think it was handled poorly.

I partially agree with you about the Beast's role, and it would have made some sense in the comics, him having been an Avenger and all. But that he's the super-scientist of the group is kind of way cooler than being a political lobbyist or whatever. In my opinion, the comics should have put Angel in that role, it would have suited him, and the Beast already has some much cool stuff he can do.

#27 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4178 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

X-men, X-2, and X-men: First Class all had pretty decent showings for Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique. And Wolverine was good in the first two.

And I still love Nightcrawler from X-2, though more of him would have been better. Other than those first four I mentioned, most of the characters are either pretty inconsequential or just poorly done, but I still think they did a great job on Nightcrawler.

#28 Posted by Farkam (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

X-men, X-2, and X-men: First Class all had pretty decent showings for Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique. And Wolverine was good in the first two.

And I still love Nightcrawler from X-2, though more of him would have been better. Other than those first four I mentioned, most of the characters are either pretty inconsequential or just poorly done, but I still think they did a great job on Nightcrawler.

True. Also I liked movie Nightcrawler too, though he was nothing like the comic character. Or at least old school Nightcrawler. Those characters are actually the best done characters in the entire movie series. The young Cyclops in Wolverine origins was actually pretty good!

#29 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14705 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit pl0x

#30 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4178 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

True. Also I liked movie Nightcrawler too, though he was nothing like the comic character. Or at least old school Nightcrawler. Those characters are actually the best done characters in the entire movie series. The young Cyclops in Wolverine origins was actually pretty good!

I think it could be great to have an X-men movie with Nightcrawler as a main character.

They must know he's popular, even people who have never read the comics loved him in that movie; they obviously knew people liked his power at least, since they made a point to have Azazel in the Hellfire club in First Class.

#31 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wasn't a fan of the Dark Phoenix Saga to begin with. I do agree that bringing it down to just being part of Jean (as Claremont originally intended) and leaving out all of the Shi'ar nonsense was the way to go, I just still think it was handled poorly.

I partially agree with you about the Beast's role, and it would have made some sense in the comics, him having been an Avenger and all. But that he's the super-scientist of the group is kind of way cooler than being a political lobbyist or whatever. In my opinion, the comics should have put Angel in that role, it would have suited him, and the Beast already has some much cool stuff he can do.

Can I ask why you aren't a fan of it?? I really like that storyline, and it isn't necessarily because of Jean and Cyclops or anything. I just find the Hellfire Club to be one of the greatest collection of X-Men rogues and I liked how they had them scouted and interacted with them before defeating them with ease. I also love the interactions between other characters within the story too. Now that I think of it, that arc has everyting, a psychic plain battle, Wolverine being Wolverine, faction vs faction, drama, guest stars. Its great.

Though, I agree about the ending with the Imperial Guard. Its so random. Jean goes from powerful telekinetic to randomly eating a star and killing billions. I don't know for sure but I have always figure Byrne and Claremont just wanted to give it the most epic finale they could think of, and whats more epic than battling and Alien collective of super heroes? If they ever remake that story or make a film out of it I definitely think they should leave out that part, instead the story should have ended with Jean going berserk like Tetsuo in the film "Akira", (which I think took some elements from the Dark Phoenix saga to begin with) with Jean just decimating the city or something.

I disagree about Angel, he always has had a chip on his shoulder, seeing him go into politics would be a surprise, I think only Hank Mccoy would have the patience and fortitude to be in that field

#32 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4178 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I ask why you aren't a fan of it?? I really like that storyline, and it isn't necessarily because of Jean and Cyclops or anything. I just find the Hellfire Club to be one of the greatest collection of X-Men rogues and I liked how they had them scouted and interacted with them before defeating them with ease. I also love the interactions between other characters within the story too. Now that I think of it, that arc has everyting, a psychic plain battle, Wolverine being Wolverine, faction vs faction, drama, guest stars. Its great.

Though, I agree about the ending with the Imperial Guard. Its so random. Jean goes from powerful telekinetic to randomly eating a star and killing billions. I don't know for sure but I have always figure Byrne and Claremont just wanted to give it the most epic finale they could think of, and whats more epic than battling and Alien collective of super heroes? If they ever remake that story or make a film out of it I definitely think they should leave out that part, instead the story should have ended with Jean going berserk like Tetsuo in the film "Akira", (which I think took some elements from the Dark Phoenix saga to begin with) with Jean just decimating the city or something.

I'm basically on the same page about the first part. I like the idea of Jean losing touch with reality and basically bringing the Proteus story-line full circle, having one of the most beloved members of the team completely lose herself to her powers, that's some pretty groundbreaking sci-fi for a superhero comic of it's era.

I love the way both Kitty and Emma are introduced and the whole Hellfire club arc was pretty much perfect. That it was Mastermind behind Jean's weird fantasy all along is great. And the whole thing is all just executed perfectly.

Then they go to the moon and it's a big, pointless, generic superhero fight with a shocking twist at the end, I think you're right that they should have just ended it on Earth. it's kind of disappointing to see such a singular arc fall into popular tropes of the superhero genre just on the cusp of it's greatness.

Besides being somewhat superfluous and distracting to how great the first half is, the involvement of the Imperial Guard and the whole concept of the Phoenix as a cosmic entity is really what opened the door for all of the contrived reiterations and retroactive continuity which has, ultimately, tarnished the humanity of the original interpretation of the story.

usually I'm all for the ability to interpret a story in more than one way, but in this case I can't help but feel that the way the story has been retconned and continuously reinterpreted really just complicates the simplicity at the heart of an actually complex story. It kind of defeats the poetry.

#33 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm basically on the same page about the first part. I like the idea of Jean losing touch with reality and basically bringing the Proteus story-line full circle, having one of the most beloved members of the team completely lose herself to her powers, that's some pretty groundbreaking sci-fi for a superhero comic of it's era.

I love the way both Kitty and Emma are introduced and the whole Hellfire club arc was pretty much perfect. That it was Mastermind behind Jean's weird fantasy all along is great. And the whole thing is all just executed perfectly.

Then they go to the moon and it's a big, pointless, generic superhero fight with a shocking twist at the end, I think you're right that they should have just ended it on Earth. it's kind of disappointing to see such a singular arc fall into popular tropes of the superhero genre just on the cusp of it's greatness.

Besides being somewhat superfluous and distracting to how great the first half is, the involvement of the Imperial Guard and the whole concept of the Phoenix as a cosmic entity is really what opened the door for all of the contrived reiterations and retroactive continuity which has, ultimately, tarnished the humanity of the original interpretation of the story.

usually I'm all for the ability to interpret a story in more than one way, but in this case I can't help but feel that the way the story has been retconned and continuously reinterpreted really just complicates the simplicity at the heart of an actually complex story. It kind of defeats the poetry.

I agree 100%. That was beautiful, lol.

I think the real reason people love the end of the Phoenix saga is that the X-Men live up to what separates them from other heroes, well, at least at that point in time it did. The fact that they were willing to fight a losing battle for their friend regardless of what she did, or what she was being accused of doing. I imagine, If you are I were alive and functionally reading the X-Men at the time that issue came out, it probably would have been quite emotional and epic. I don't dislike that part of the story, I think the fight with the Imperial Guard is pretty neat,, especially with Colossus testing his mettle against Marvels Mon-El/Superboy/Superman in Gladiator. I just find it, like you do, really random at that point in the story and like you said, it kind of takes you out of a story that had been dramatically building for 6 issues prior.

#34 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve said:

Im still mad at x-3. Shouldnt Cyclops have stopped jean from going "dark phoenix" instead she kills Scott(the man she loves?) xavier and tries to kill wolverine(but doesnt because his "healing factor" is so strong? Would have been nice if xavier , scott and jean didnt die. Althought now in DOFP Xavier miraciously is alive.....lol

#35 Posted by austinrollison (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: ya but these two are relativity new they where only in one movie

#36 Edited by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops. Seriously, poor guy really deserves a break.

#37 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit (He already came out)

jubilee (Not that interested to see her

nightcrawler (Everyone can come back in a reboot, I don't think this actor wants to play Kurt.

rouge (I'd like to see a new Rogue. No offense to the one we have now.

morph (No, no, no, cluster%$! written all over

arch angel ( Archangel would be dope

corsair ( I don't want to see him that's who)

havok (he already came out

cyclops (I wouldn't mind to see another new Cyclops

have the story be centered around the summers family and introduce the folliwing villains (NO, I love Cyke but NO

mr. sinister (God I hate him

mystique ( I guess )

blob (You do know your mentioning people who already came out right?

toad (ugh

avalanche. (yeah.... see?... No?

mid credit scene can involve cable forming the x-force ((-_-))

@tazzmission said:

I actually liked X-3. I know it had its flaws but I enjoyed it for the most part. The biggest issue was just having too many characters but nothing was more of a cluster^%$! than X-Men Origins.

(+)

#38 Posted by SynCig (358 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, I like the idea. I would change some of the details but I agree that the Summers family should get some love as well as Gambit.

#39 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

I also wanted Colossus to have more screen time and character development. I really love his character and I think he could bring something to the table (along with Nightcrawler and Gambit and many other under-utilized characters) to the X-Men movies.

#40 Posted by darthphoenix (638 posts) - - Show Bio

inferno!

#41 Edited by Uruk_Hey (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares: why not use other movies to develop characters other than wolverine? Every xmen movie is pretty much an episode of the Wolverine show. I could use with little less Wolvie love and a little more of the other guys. I'd rather watch the Summer's brothers pillow fight for two hours than be falsely sold to go see another "X-Men" movie which is really just Hugh Jackman and some extras...

ALSO: just came to make sure Cable was on that list somewhere

#42 Posted by Squares (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

@uruk_hey said:

@squares: why not use other movies to develop characters other than wolverine? Every xmen movie is pretty much an episode of the Wolverine show. I could use with little less Wolvie love and a little more of the other guys. I'd rather watch the Summer's brothers pillow fight for two hours than be falsely sold to go see another "X-Men" movie which is really just Hugh Jackman and some extras...

ALSO: just came to make sure Cable was on that list somewhere

I don't actually LIKE Wolverine, nor do I particularly want to see his character get expounded on any more than it already has been, so I'd be in favor of that.

Though I don't really see why you felt the need to ask me that. I mean, when I said other characters could be used in tandem with Wolverine I was responding to another question, not making an assertation about how much we need Wolverine in the movies.

#43 Posted by Wolverine08 (38092 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares: Everybody loves Wolverine. Everybodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

#44 Posted by Squares (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I can't stand the guy.

I like you, though : )

#45 Posted by Wolverine08 (38092 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@wolverine08 said:

Nope, I can't stand the guy.

I like you, though : )

I really appreciate it, bub :D

#46 Edited by Martian81 (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Exodus is a must