Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Watch everyone Hate me for my Post

I. GREATEST Character Development ever IMHO. Cyclops went from the boyscout who truly believed in his surrogate fathers dream to a totally new man. The world made him see the reality of the world and he became X-Face.

Magneto was a blind villain who hated humans to now seeing that his ways might not have been the best courses of action.

Logan went from a man who could careless about the world. Who had no idea of his past, his name, so he had no real goal/mission to a man who knows everything and wants to now make the world a better place. He now follows his samurai code more than before and has found friends who believe in him.

I can keep going. For better or for "worse" a lot of characters have evolved.

---------------------------------------

II. Remender's X-Force... What? I loved that series.

III. Cyclops got over Jean. I know sometimes they do BS like him seeing Young Jean again and acting dumb.

SPOILER

Or the BS of Emma having an Affair with Namor

But for me he got over Jean and is in love with Emma Frost and I personally like that.

-----------------------------------------------------

IV. X-Factor, I really am interested in reading this. Hopefully soon or in a year or two.

V. Psylocke's new outfit.

( + )

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#52  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@yung_ancient_one said:

Watch everyone Hate me for my Post

I. GREATEST Character Development ever IMHO. Cyclops went from the boyscout who truly believed in his surrogate fathers dream to a totally new man. The world made him see the reality of the world and he became X-Face.

Magneto was a blind villain who hated humans to now seeing that his ways might not have been the best courses of action.

Logan went from a man who could careless about the world. Who had no idea of his past, his name, so he had no real goal/mission to a man who knows everything and wants to now make the world a better place. He now follows his samurai code more than before and has found friends who believe in him.

I can keep going. For better or for "worse" a lot of characters have evolved.

---------------------------------------

II. Remender's X-Force... What? I loved that series.

III. Cyclops got over Jean. I know sometimes they do BS like him seeing Young Jean again and acting dumb.

SPOILER

Or the BS of Emma having an Affair with Namor

But for me he got over Jean and is in love with Emma Frost and I personally like that.

-----------------------------------------------------

IV. X-Factor, I really am interested in reading this. Hopefully soon or in a year or two.

V. Psylocke's new outfit.

( + )

I don't hate you, plus, I totally agree with everything in this post.

Really cool that this tread came back.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@oldnightcrawler: @adamtrmm: I don't think you're the only one who thinks it's over rated but I don't think it's over rated. It was good, it was popular that it all.

AT OldNight- Yeah, I saw the thread and had to post on it. May the positivity continue.

( + )

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Cyclops and Magneto successfully being re-transformed into morally gray and unpredictable characters (giving Bendis props, yall)

2. Brian Wood's Ultimate Comics X-Men and presumably his X-Men run

3. The return of Chamber (fanboi moment)

4. Influx of some of the best artists (Bachalo, Irving, Immomen, Coipel, Del Mundo, Molina, Ribic, Lopez)

5. I'm sure there are more but it's not coming to me!

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#56  Edited By oldnightcrawler

I just now realized that I never actually made a top five for this myself, so I'm gonna do that now.

1. The Art. For me, the art has to be number one, because I really can't even single it down to any one artist. From the more obvious fan favorites like Olivier Coipel , Stuart Immonen, orDavid Lopez, to some of the more distinct styles ofDaniel Acuña, Chris Bachalo, or Frazer Irving, the last 5 years have definitely had some of the best X-men artists of any generation.

2. New kinds of X-men stories. While I haven't been that into the general direction of the main X-men books since they moved to Utopia, I will say that there have been some books likeUncanny X-Force, Wood's run onUltimate Comics X-Men, and even Bendis'Uncanny X-Men, that have found new ways to use classic characters, resulting in new ways of thinking about what an X-men story can be.

3.the Return of some of my favorite characters. Of course, we all have some characters that we wish were used more; that said, the return to prominence by great characters like Magneto, Magik, Jubilee, Psylocke, Rachel Grey, Quentin Quire, the Cuckoos, or even Storm (returning to her role as leader of the team) certainly helps, with more of my favorites appearing regularly than ever before.

And now Nightcrawler's coming back too? I feel like I should feel ripped off (and maybe I will), but right now I'm still excited.

4. the Return of the X-men as a family. Like I say, ever since the X-men went to Utopia they've felt less like a family and more like a political drama. Not that that's always bad in itself, but for the core X-men books I'm glad to see that both Brian Wood'sX-Menand Bendis' Uncanny X-Men have done a good job of bringing that family feeling back to the center of the X-men's world.

5.the Return of the Classic Villains. It's easy to forget between the X-men fighting the Avengers, or each other, or making morally grey ethical decisions, that we've actually seen some great villainy from classics like Apocalypse, Mystique, Sinister, Sabertooth, Omega Red, Mastermind and Emplate, almost all of which have been at least as interesting (if not more) than they were back in the day.

So, yeah, while there have been a lot of story lines and (especially) events that I haven't enjoyed in the last few years, I do think there's still been a lot to like about the X-men. And, honestly, I feel like the direction the books are going in now (especially since the end of Avengers vs. X-men: Consequences) is just getting better and better again, becoming as interesting to me as ever.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@yung_ancient_one: 110% agree.

No hate here. Except for the spoiler, I HATED when that happened.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By adamTRMM

@yung_ancient_one:

In Remeneders defense I must say I do enjoy the new Uncanny Avengers, they do have some personality holes but in general the story is really intriguing, I like how he does some controversial stuff like shooting a kid in the head or dissect Xaviers head, but there're things I just can't stand: his disrespect towards characters he doesn't need for his story anymore, the way he expends them almost always makes me angry like he did to AOA characters, his new characters are too freakish, he is too his own characters centric (he had Wolverine as a new Apocalypse; the alternate future where his X-Force rule the world; in his UA run where Apocalypse Twins arrived in AOU timeline there he had two couples I've never seen before CA/SW and Havok/Rogue which are actually a part of his UA and guess what? He killed off one of those couples as well)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1: Bad boy Cyclops: He finally realized that Magneto was right this whole time and realizes the only way to help his race is to become a mutant terrorist. He was an uninteresting, cardboard character before all this. He is know a bad-ass anti-hero

2: The character development: This is sorta part of #1 but still, Cyclops is probably one of the best developed characters I have ever read. He's so interesting to follow now. Magneto has also gone through major changes and so has Emma. The only bad character develoment is Wolverine, its like him and Scott switched places.

3: Cable and the X-Force: BY FAR the best roster in recent comics, BY FAR. Though I love Uncanny's story telling the most, Fabio is the weirdest and the most useless mutant of all time. Gold Balls? Really? There is absolutely no flaws in Cables team. Cable, Colossus, Forge, Dr. Nemeses, Hope, and Domino. And you can never go wrong with fugitives as main characters, always makes for a juicier story.

4: Xavier Died: Why is this a bad thing? It impacted so many characters and made the story telling so much better.

5: Phoenix force f*cked up the X-Mens powers, less powerful=more interesting.