Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Who's reading the New X-Force book? I really like the direction they are going with it being like the Mutant version of SHIELD and I'm so glad the kept Doc Nemesis on the team, love that guy also I'm interested in this new technopath mutant Meme. The only problem I have is I'm not huge on the art but it doesn't bother me enough to really put me off I also wish they would get Deapool back on the team, it always felt like the only team he really belonged on.

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I am....not.....reading this book. I dropped X-Force after Vendetta because I wasn't 100% behind the new direction of the new book. I used the open slot to add other Marvel books to my pull. If it's good I'll possibly buy the trade but I'll probably wait for the next relaunch.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Take Deadpool off of Thunderbolts and put him here, then I will read it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I know but until I see how the first arc goes and how it's received, I don't want to buy it. Something about this new X-Force isn't tickling my fancy.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@dagmar_merrill: Agreed, he should be on this team.

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous: I know but until I see how the first arc goes and how it's received, I don't want to buy it. Something about this new X-Force isn't tickling my fancy.

What is it about it your not liking?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: The art, the roster, how it kind of just seems like a random jump on point that doesn't explain the aftermath of the previous cross over.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: But do you not think it's cool that X-Force is basically the Mutant version of SHIELD working with the permission of all the Mutant leaders?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: But do you not think it's cool that X-Force is basically the Mutant version of SHIELD working with the permission of all the Mutant leaders?

I've always been a huge fan of X-Force and I think that's awesome itself but I'm really not sure why I dislike this new title so much without having even read it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I was considering reading it, but I don't like Rock He-Kim's art.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

I've always been a huge fan of X-Force and I think that's awesome itself but I'm really not sure why I dislike this new title so much without having even read it.

I think you should give the first 2 issue a look to see what you think

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jonny_anonymous: I'm reading it and loving every page of it. Sure the arts a little rough, but Spurrier's writing definitely makes up for it. His work on X-Men Legacy was stellar, so I'm sure his X-Force will be the same. It's my favourite X-title on the shelf at the moment.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I'm reading it and loving every page of it. Sure the arts a little rough, but Spurrier's writing definitely makes up for it. His work on X-Men Legacy was stellar, so I'm sure his X-Force will be the same. It's my favourite X-title on the shelf at the moment.

Yea I'm also a big fan of Spurrier and his Legacy.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CheeseSticks

I wanted to read it because of Psylocke, but then Fantomex happened.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Will you pick it up with the artist change?

I'll consider it. I'm trying to remove things from my pull, so if I add this I'll have to drop something.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@cheesesticks said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@cheesesticks: What's wrong with Fantomex?

He's the worst x-character ever created. Most of X-fan agree.

Well I don't know about that

He was only enjoyable during Remender's X-Force

What's wrong with him elsewhere? He can't be that hated if they keep giving him the lime light, I mean he got his own MAX series.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee: Will you pick it up with the artist change?

I'll consider it. I'm trying to remove things from my pull, so if I add this I'll have to drop something.

Surely you could check out a few issue to see if you like it

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Night Thrasher

Can't read any book that makes necks disappear!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@night_thrasher: What?

@arturocalakayvee@raggedscarecrow@renchampSi Spurrier is answering questions on his blog and I'll keep updating

Q:Since Colossus proclaimed Cable as his leader, any chance of Colossus in your upcoming run? and/or anyone else from that book? Can't wait for your run!!!

sullstar1

No big plans for Colossus right now. I don’t think it’ll be long before you see him front-and-centre elsewhere, though.

Q:Really enjoyed Legacy, looking forward to X-force. I've been a fan of Cable's for a long while (though certainly liking some phases of his development more than others). What kind of background regarding the central characters does Marvel give you? Or, do they expect you to do the research on your own? Which writer's takes on Cable have you liked best?

mhaberman00

Marvel provides as much or as little background as you request. I think it’s just par for the course that you’re expected to’ve gone away and familiarised yourself with a character before even *thinking* about trying to pitch their involvement, let alone actually writing them. Sometimes you’ll get clear-cut clarifications of certain things for the sake of continuity (eg: there’s a little document which sets out which of the various Fantomex clones got which powers in the split, etc) but generally speaking you’re left to make your own mark - and your own mistakes - on these gals and guys.

As a reader of Legacy you’ll know I’m quite happy to gently - or, actually, fairly bluntly - stamp my own brand onto characters if I think it makes sense. With legacy (small “l”) characters like Cable it’s obviously trickier to just waltz in and start from scratch than with lesser-known ones (not that I’d want to) but you’d be amazed at how open Marvel is to ideas about lasting adjustments to a character’s status quo.

In the case of X-Force the “Not Quite Like It Was Before” elements with these characters aren’t quite as shameless or overt as with - say - David Haller, but they’re there. The difference is that I’m introducing them slowly, and have woven the reasoning for them into the meat of the plot quite carefully. As I’ve said elsewhere: there’s nothing on the page which isn’t supposed to be there.

In Cable’s case: you cut away everything else and what’s underneath is a archetypal soldier with an indomitable sense of duty. You build back up from that point and you won’t go far wrong, even if the (say) speech patterns, or the nuances of his motivation, are fractionally different.

Q:Just a few pages of dialogue and I can already tell you're going to kill it with Psylocke!!!

uncleclustersthirdbrain

Hope you’re still enjoy - sorry for the slow reply. Episode 3 (out next week) is very Psylockecentric. It’s a lot of fun.

Q:Amazing Preview, I am so super pumped to read this incarnation of X-Force. Quick question, what is one personality trait that you feel defines each member(that we know of so far) of the team?

guyfromvenus

Ha! Very good question, but one I’m afraid I’m not going to answer. I’m a bit of a fan of the Controlling Idea (I’m sure I’ve waffled about this elsewhere), and as well as acting as a distillation of everything that jumbles together to form a Story, it’s also very useful to generate a series of defining ideas to launch your characters. But you should never tell anyone what they are, because a) your characters will often be trying to mask, hide or defeat that kernal of Defining Truth deep inside them, and it would totally ruin the surprises to tell everyone what lurks in each of their breasts, and b) your characters deserve the right to be contrary and evolve on their own. If I gave you a neat little two-word description of, say, Marrow, then next time I write her it’s clear that she’s started resenting that tidy definition and frankly insists on behaving in a completely contrary manner - that’s the sort of thing she’d do, the pest - then I’d look like a right wally.

The proof is in the pudding. Read the book, try to gauge the characters - not just who they are but who they’re pretending to be - and let’s compare notes at the end. :)

Q:X-force needs a puppy. Jesse Bedlam too but I'll also settle for a puppy.

jessebedlam

Actually, I think Marrow and Fantomex sort of alternate in filling that niche (on the grounds that dogs are wonderful insecure meat-robots fuelled by routine, certainty and love). Psylocke’s a cat, obviously. Cable’s a fucking great bald eagle. Doc Nemesis is an iguana. You know it’s true.

Q:I've been loving your Legacy run, and am real saddened to see it go. However, I am really excited bout your upcoming X-force. Any chance Forge, Dr Nemesis, Boom Boom, or Domino will be joining the team? If not, please make it happen!

guacamolecowboy

By now you’ll know that at least one of those requests has already come true. I built it into the story at the very earliest stage because you never quite know when Marvel will pull the plug. Literally. They have omnipresent datahacks attached to my spinal cord. The second I stop being entertaining, or start saying something I shouldn’t, they shut me down like a mopy Furby.

As for the other characters you mentioned, I can now exclusively reveal th

Q:I'm super excited for the issue that comes out this wee. Will EVA still have her humanoid form? Any chance of seeing Brian and Meggan since X-Force deals with international problems now? I'm sure you'll bring up the Fanto triplet situation correct? Whats says you of Sage? Or Dani Moonstar? Thanks for taking time to answer fan questions. Always great to get some insight.

ckgarcia07

SORTOFYES.

YESEVENTUALLY.

PROBABLY.

NOTHINGRIGHTAWY. NOTHINGRIGHTAWAY.

Q:Maybe my last question-Will Cable and Psylocke interact with Cyclops revolution team? They both havent had any interaction with the revolutionary in a while and Im sure they have some opinions.

ckgarcia07

Not in the short term, sorry. But sooner or later, yes, I should think Cable bumping into his um younger-than-him dad, that’s weird, is a no brainer.

Q:One thing I was troubled by in the previous Uncanny X-Force run is that there was no mention of Warren Worthington for Betsy. I agree that characters need to move forward, especially Betsy who may have been too "romance heavy" lately, but one when loses their great love who they planned a future with it tends to weigh on them. Will he pop up in Betsy's thoughts or influence her actions at all in your run on X-Force?

xfan232

Can’t speak for other stories, only the stuff I take as my starting point and the stuff as my endpoint. At the start of my story Pylocke’s over Fantomex, let alone anyone who came before, so, no, the Warren thing won’t play a role in the main thread of this opening stage of the story. That said I *am* a sucker for maudlin getting-mugged-down-memory-lane type stories, and I have ideas in that direction, so given enough time and space I wouldn’t rule out some sort of retrospective hand-wringing on that subject. And I like spiky-winged things - it’s a weakness.

But if you’re looking for a beautiful reunion which patches up everything that’s gone between, I expect you’ll be disappointed.

Q:Do people around the X-office at Marvel call David "Legion" or do they respect his preference in that regard? Even though he's a fictional character, I feel like it would be rude to still call him Legion in real life.

gpack3

Ha - amazing question. I honestly don’t know. Whenever I discussed XLeg with my editor it was always “David”, but as for other editors - you’d have to ask.

Q:Loved the end of X-Men Legacy. It was superb, moving, and wonderful storytelling. Loved it. One thing I just wanted to clarify: as part of David's last act, did Chamber and all the other characters who died in the run come back to life? Or rather, were never killed now in the first place? At any rate, I really loved it, and I'm eagerly looking forward to XML#300 :)

glassgears

I’m going to write a blog pretty soon about some of the questions and fallout from X-Leg, but that’s more about the general ambiguities which I deliberately left open. With things like the other characters, yes, the idea was that those final few deaths - Chamber, Brand, Karasu - simply never happened. The way that David’s subsequent decisions affect the *wider* continuity is a different matter - but I’ll write more about that shortly.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: I see plenty of necks? Anyway #3 was the last issue with that artist.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Meh...I might check it out but I'm loaded as it is and the new Iron Fist is pretty good so the next artist would have to blow me away to pick it up

RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jessebedlam

Actually, I think Marrow and Fantomex sort of alternate in filling that niche (on the grounds that dogs are wonderful insecure meat-robots fuelled by routine, certainty and love). Psylocke’s a cat, obviously. Cable’s a fucking great bald eagle. Doc Nemesis is an iguana. You know it’s true.

That's amazing. This right here is why I love Spurrier as fantastic writer. It's equal parts entertaining and insightful.

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I can't bring myself to get past the barf-worthy plastic art that makes everyone look like weirdly round-headed pale Asians.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@kasumi_geist: The artist is changing, Kim was only doing three issues.

@night_thrasher I see 3 necks and one stretched because of Fantomex's head. Anyway this is the artist taking over:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Not bad looks like Jim Lee in his prime compared to the other artist!

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I was just about to post those. Lol beat me to it. CBR did an interview with Spurrier awhile back that has some interior pages as well.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasumi_geist: @kasumi_geist: Yea that art's pretty great, will you be checking it out?

@jonny_anonymous said:

jessebedlam

That's amazing. This right here is why I love Spurrier as fantastic writer. It's equal parts entertaining and insightful.

haha yea that whole summary is spot on.

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

He was created by Morrison so I'm guessing that he'll have a pretty substantial following

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher said:
@cheesesticks said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

He was created by Morrison so I'm guessing that he'll have a pretty substantial following

He's also pretty bad ass

I like him. Don't like the Psylocke relationship though, but other than that he's cool.

S/N: Somebody please explain Dr. Nemesis to me. I do not understand that character at all. The Iguana reference went completely over my head.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@night_thrasher said:
@cheesesticks said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

He's also pretty bad ass

I like him. Don't like the Psylocke relationship though, but other than that he's cool.

S/N: Somebody please explain Dr. Nemesis to me. I do not understand that character at all. The Iguana reference went completely over my head.

Because he's a total lounge lizard

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kidchipotle

@jonny_anonymous: Meh not a fan of the new artists work on this either lmao but I'll flip through the pages and give a final judgement when the issue comes out. Also, glad to see that Colossus will be having a big parting coming up soon in Marvel. Love that guy.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kidchipotle
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I'm really not sure what it is haha. I can't put my finger on it but something is throwing me off.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous