Y are you not a fan of SM/WW

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay Wonder Woman fans especially what don't you like in how Diana is being portrayed with Superman instead of say Nemesis or Steve Trevor .

Truth of the matter is I don't care either way I thought it was a decent book but by some of the posts on CV thats not universally accepted . And I'll just like your thoughts on why.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay Wonder Woman fans especially what don't you like in how Diana is being portrayed with Superman instead of say Nemesis or Steve Trevor .

Truth of the matter is I don't care either way I thought it was a decent book but by some of the posts on CV thats not universally accepted . And I'll just like your thoughts on why.

Question for clarity ... are you asking why people don't like the relationship or what they may not like about the SM/WW title itself ... these are often 2 different things

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: the relationship to me is moot,you like you don't like is totally up to you , but the title itself is the question,me personally, I found very little not to like about it.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stelios23 said:

@csg_cl: the relationship to me is moot,you like you don't like is totally up to you , but the title itself is the question,me personally, I found very little not to like about it.

I found it hit or miss ... Doomed storyline just about killed it for me, but even before that I found it just mediocre. Soule didn't do a great job with either character, although he did write some good action sequences. I would have liked more WW storyline, but that's probably more to do with me being a WW fan more than a SM fan. There were things I liked as well ... Soule introduced Hessia and the Purple Ray and at least attempted to show us some of Diana's life outside of superhero-ing, but it never quite gelled for me and then Doomed happened and threw the whole things off the rails. Tomasi's first issue is a mess IMO ... polarized characterizations, a retcon in the first few pages that is totally unnecessary and yet more SM rogues. Is it really too much to ask for a good WW rogue in this series? Soule made a token attempt by having Apollo and Strife involved with Zod/Faora, but he didn't explore it. Circe is a credible threat to SM as is the Cheetah and even someone like Veronica Cale or Dr. Cyber could have been a solid mastermind to use. Anyway ... feels like they could have done a lot more with this book ... personally I think I would have prefered a SM/WW title more akin to the SM/BM title.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:

@csg_cl said:
×Ads by Media Player

@stelios23 said:

@stelios23 said:

I found it hit or miss ... Doomed storyline just about killed it for me, but even before that I found it just mediocre. Soule didn't do a great job with either character, although he did write some good action sequences. I would have liked more WW storyline, but that's probably more to do with me being a WW fan more than a SM fan. There were things I liked as well ... Soule introduced Hessia and the Purple Ray and at least attempted to show us some of Diana's life outside of superhero-ing, but it never quite gelled for me and then Doomed happened and threw the whole things off the rails. Tomasi's first issue is a mess IMO ... polarized characterizations, a retcon in the first few pages that is totally unnecessary and yet more SM rogues. Is it really too much to ask for a good WW rogue in this series? Soule made a token attempt by having Apollo and Strife involved with Zod/Faora, but he didn't explore it. Circe is a credible threat to SM as is the Cheetah and even someone like Veronica Cale or Dr. Cyber could have been a solid mastermind to use. Anyway ... feels like they could have done a lot more with this book ... personally I think I would have prefered a SM/WW title more akin to the SM/BM title.

thanks that is a reason I understand and could wrap my head around other than all this shipping hate going back and forth

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In thought I like the idea of SM/WW but presently the way it's being executed I don't. Their relationship just seems forced.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:

@csg_cl said:
×Ads by Media Player

@stelios23 said:

@stelios23 said:

thanks that is a reason I understand and could wrap my head around other than all this shipping hate going back and forth

yeah, folks get worked up about stuff like that :)

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

some people just won't because they hate the relationship, but the last issue of tomasi changing that first meeting did rub me the wrong way.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

It's really forced and as the unfortunate T-shirt reminded me, it's been done to Superman's advantage. And it just seems most of the writers have 10 thumbs when it comes to writing Diana's character (and her enemies) when Superman is on panel.

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because i don't like the fact that diana is like clark's grand prize\trophy and for me black hair and black hair don't go but blonde hair and black hair go just perfectly ;)

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because smww is an affront to feminism !!! Even Madame Lepore thought it was a joke

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CSG_CL

@wonderfan409: black hair and black hair don't go together? Someone should tell the Chinese they've got it all wrong!

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

now who said I'm talken bout chinese..............all I'm saying is that i don't like the whole sm\ww thing

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way for this relationship to work is if Superman were a puny male that obeyed his vastly superior feminist mistress. W.Marston created Wonder Woman to dominate the Men and equipped her with a lasso to tie them up and squeeze the truth out of those duplicitous four flushers. Liars need a good whipping, the lasso can do that as well.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CSG_CL

@foamborn: funny that you say this since Marston had WW tied up more than any man in his years of writing. She wasn't meant to dominate men she was meant to show them that freely submitting to love and loving authority would make for a better world. There are also many themes of mental strength and a belief that anyone can be reformed into a productive member of society throughout Marsotns work. He believed that women had more capacity for love (he literally believed they had more "love organs") than men and as such would make for better leaders. No where in his work does he portray a heroic hero as someone who dominates for gain. Nor does he ever portray Steve as puny. Steve is meant to represent an ideal male who submits to loving authority and is rescued by it.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderfan409: because of their hair color? I suppose it's more valid than hating it because you are afraid a female may, from time to time, appear weaker than her boyfriend.

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the title of forum is why are you not a fan of sm ww so i gave my reason saying that for me superman and wonder woman don't go together(both characters have black hair so thats were the whole hair thing came from) and that i would rather have steve and diana be together (blonde and black) and I'm pretty damn sure that sups and wondy are the same in terms of power

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because i don't like the fact that diana is like clark's grand prize\trophy

this^

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Saint_Sophie

It seems forced.

I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but Superman aside, I feel if they had to make her fall head over heels for someone, it should be Barry. She does have a thing for blondes.. And well we know how things went with Arthur..

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like the execution. I probably would have liked it if it were done better.

And as a side note. I really hate how Johns made them a couple and when he finally writes a solo about one of them, he just doesn't use it at all. The other writers I could understand, but he made them a couple.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems forced.

I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but Superman aside, I feel if they had to make her fall head over heels for someone, it should be Barry. She does have a thing for blondes.. And well we know how things went with Arthur..

I can't believe it! I am not the only one who wants Diana and Barry together. I really would love for that to happen if it weren't for the fact that I love the Barry/Patty relationship.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems forced.

Oh I would like to see how Barry says cheesy things to Diana. Lol so far, I think that's a great pairing.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

It objectifies Wonder Woman and turns her into less of a character as a trophy or extension of Superman. Shame since she is actually a really great, interesting character.

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems forced.

flash and wondy as long as shes not with sups ill give this pairing a chance.....could be one of those fun couples

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That title misled me

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@wonderfan409: @theblondegod: Thanks.. I actually thought it sounded like a weird pairing in my head.. but I agree. So long as it ain't Superman, I think I'd probably buy it.

As for Blondegod's comment, I actually think I'd have a few laughs to see Barry joke with Diana, plus their dynamic seems like it could work.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I only got into WW in the N52 under Azzarello, while your answers intrigued and some were well thought out, the main point I got is the writing stinks.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: Superman is fine by me too, I just hope that they made it more realistic that he knows how to handle things since he grew up in earth. And as for Flash, I really am into it when you first said it. Lol I was thinking why not? It'd be a laughable pairing. A good one, of course.

genekellypunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i havent read the sm/ww comics yet. as for the relationship, ive always seen them as just best friends (the whole trinity really) and clark/lois.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i havent read the sm/ww comics yet. as for the relationship, ive always seen them as just best friends (the whole trinity really) and clark/lois.

Skip it, it's not worth a penny

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@genekellypunk said:

Skip it, it's not worth a penny

lol