#1 Edited by Hastalavista (366 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen any threats on WW in Injustice comic recently. Do you guys read it? I do and I am thinking about giving up because they make WW the biggest brainless b!cth in it. Seriously, she's a worse person than superman in that ridiculous title. I don't think she's wonder woman at all. She barely be true to herself. And this is exactly what will happen when the writer may portray her when they have no idea who she is.

And I've seen people saying that they hate WW because of this comic and the flashpoint movie. They don't read her own title yet the impression has been set. This is frustrating!

#2 Posted by Delphic (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

@hastalavista: I didn't like the Wonder Woman for injustice, but she's purposely designed that way. In the comic she's designed to be tyrannical and conniving. In the game she's designed to be eye candy and weak (the Injustice one not the normal one). The Wonder Woman from Flashpoint is a little more forgivable (at least the comic one), because in that version not only did Arthur break her heart, but she believe he had her mother killed, and then he destroyed her home. In the movie it makes it just seem more like a lovers quarrel. Also Diana comes from an ancient greek society that new how to fight and fight well, due to breaking their bondage from slavery.

The major difference between her main title and Flashpoint has been her exposure to the world of men. In Flashpoint she saw a much crueler version of the world of men and that forever warped who she is. The Injustice Wonder Woman though was just pushing her into the background because the writers couldn't think of a good story for her.

#3 Posted by PowerWoman (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

Injustice

WW is bitch,Serious,I hate her

#4 Posted by Bruxae (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic is tied to the Netherealms game so what did you expect? She is not gonna be very in-character so just enjoy it for the epic action, thats really all its about.

-a wonder woman fan.

#5 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Injustice comics, but poor job with Wonder Woman. She's stupid and just blindly follows Superman. She put Superman and Captain Atom in danger by acting before she thinks.

She isn't like that outside of Injustice. Not at all

#6 Edited by k4tzm4n (49228 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who says they hate Wonder Woman because of Injustice hasn't been paying attention. It's been stated at least three times by other characters that Diana appears very out of character.

Staff
#7 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Injustice kinda like an alternate universe? What's the problem with a character being portrayed different in a different universe. That's what they are for, so you can keep the classic character classic.

#8 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Yes she's bitch. but its still an awesome game

#9 Posted by Hastalavista (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic: my point is: they designed her badly. 1. She lied to superman about aquaman's regards to lois. How could she lie when she was wearing her laso?

2. And why would she keeps to block any conversation superman has with those from batman's team? This is not her way.

3. Even if she got tired of chasing around the bad guys but not being able to keep them in prison, at least to her own (former) friends such as J'ohn and captain atom, she would have shown mercy.

4. J'ohn accused her of not trusting him just because he looks different from human. I don't know too much about their history but I thought they were good friends in the sane universe.

5. If Injustice should happen, it would happen in a world without wonder woman. I don't think she would ally with superman nor batman. Superman is devastated and not thinking straight. Batman is withholding information and not interested in making warm/calm conversation with his poor best friend. Wonder Woman could have at least tried to be the bridge between them.

#10 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understand why people get so upset over alternate reality versions of characters.

#11 Posted by Hastalavista (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@nova_prime_: @peppeyhare:

Because other characters' (such as superman, batman, even luthor) actions came out of their own reasons. Superman goes nuts because he killed his wife and child and his city was destroyed. Batman was just being batman (at lease his stereotype version). Luthor is the "one difference" in the universe. And Wonder Woman, is just a stupid woman with the same name. There is no reason in this 'alternate version' of her

#12 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Because other characters' (such as superman, batman, even luthor) actions came out of their own reasons. Superman goes nuts because he killed his wife and child and his city was destroyed. Batman was just being batman (at lease his stereotype version). Luthor is the "one difference" in the universe. And Wonder Woman, is just a stupid woman with the same name. There is no reason in this 'alternate version' of her

Then that would be the reason, she's not THE Wonder Woman.

#13 Posted by dbatdog (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is one of the antagonist in the injustice series. Since most of the bad guys will end up dead or will join Batman's army.

#14 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@hastalavista said:

Then that would be the reason, she's not THE Wonder Woman.

#15 Edited by Hastalavista (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: @nova_prime_:

Dude, that's totally unfair to THE Wonder Woman!

@dbatdog: That justifies nothing. Brainless violence is not the only way to be an antagonist

#16 Posted by Black_Claw (3009 posts) - - Show Bio

@hastalavista: She's an alternate version of Diana so I'm not mad. Lol

#17 Posted by jackbensley777 (670 posts) - - Show Bio

@hastalavista: its a video game comic book? why are you reading it anyway... if your such a big WW fan go pick up her real comics, instead of spending money on a pointless video adaptaion of the real ones

#18 Edited by Hastalavista (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: why isn't there a retard Bruce Wayne or a coward Kal-El : (

Because I think WW in Injustice is almost the opposite of her

#19 Posted by Black_Claw (3009 posts) - - Show Bio

@hastalavista: as I've said before, it was entirely intended for Injustice WW to be the real WW's polar opposite because she's an AU version of her.

#20 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, she killed Captain Atom, CAPTAIN ATOM, AND WITH A CHEAP SHOT,

Captain Atom deserved better, especially after beating Superman's sorry backside like a Drummer beats his base!

Just think, if Captain Atom's death had caused the death of Superman's parents and he pointed this out to Superman before he died, do you think Sups would have turned against Wonder Women?

#21 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously don't think you understand the idea of an alternate reality.

#22 Edited by Hastalavista (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: my point exactly, THE WW will do no such things.

@hastalavista: its a video game comic book? why are you reading it anyway... if your such a big WW fan go pick up her real comics, instead of spending money on a pointless video adaptaion of the real ones

Because there is only one book of her, Wonder Woman, and that's not quite enough for a month. I was happy to see her in other books but it seemed that I laughed to soon.

@hastalavista said:

@hastalavista: as I've said before, it was entirely intended for Injustice WW to be the real WW's polar opposite because she's an AU version of her.

well this brings right to the thread: why is she always evil in AU. It bugs me.

#23 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: my point exactly, THE WW will do no such things.

@jackbensley777 said:

Because there is only one book of her, Wonder Woman, and that's not quite enough for a month. I was happy to see her in other books but it seemed that I laughed to soon.

@peppeyhare said:
@hastalavista said:

@black_claw said:

well this brings right to the thread: why is she always evil in AU. It bugs me.

Why is Superman always a villain? Why are all the heroes so willing to change their beliefs? Why does Green Arrow always get killed/injured for being the defiant one? Why is Batman always the remaining hero? It's alternate realities so none of it matters. If it bugs you stop reading

#24 Edited by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to join in on the rants because this alt. Wonder Woman does seem like a ridiculous character that does no justice for the original...

... but then again my favorite character, Nightwing, died by falling on a rock. Therefore, my only response is: it's an elseworlds comic. Deal with it.

#25 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic: my point is: they designed her badly. 1. She lied to superman about aquaman's regards to lois. How could she lie when she was wearing her laso?

2. And why would she keeps to block any conversation superman has with those from batman's team? This is not her way.

3. Even if she got tired of chasing around the bad guys but not being able to keep them in prison, at least to her own (former) friends such as J'ohn and captain atom, she would have shown mercy.

4. J'ohn accused her of not trusting him just because he looks different from human. I don't know too much about their history but I thought they were good friends in the sane universe.

5. If Injustice should happen, it would happen in a world without wonder woman. I don't think she would ally with superman nor batman. Superman is devastated and not thinking straight. Batman is withholding information and not interested in making warm/calm conversation with his poor best friend. Wonder Woman could have at least tried to be the bridge between them.

i think the problem is her lack of motive for being a villain. I don´t mind WW portrayed as a villain sometimes, as long as she´s given a clear motivation that corresponds to what I understand of the character. Thats the beauty of elseworlds. They explore how a character given a certain historical shift could be lead astray into villainy. WW is just lazily treated by DC and in Injustice in elseworlds. They treat her like underneath she´s just a bitch and her mission for peace and diplomacy is mere facade. So I immediately get a disconnect from the character.

Superman loosing Lois and his baby is a good explaination for him going rogue.

Batman fearing supermans power is good reason for him going underground.

We have clear motive.

WW becoming a love servent to supes and therefore a complete bitch is just stupid.

I actually enjoy the game and enjoy what I read of the comic, but I pretty much gave up on it after what she did with Aquaman.

The only way we will stop seeing the abuse of WW is to get a good film. When people see what she really stands for in her own film, I think we may have a renaissaince in the character, but it may be a long time to come before we see that.

#26 Edited by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude sit down and be quite Injustice is what happens when superman goes all super dictator on the world and some Heros follow him. In other words in that world some people are bad stop crying and get over it.

#27 Posted by Hastalavista (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: agreed! it's all about popularity.

Why is Superman always a villain? Why are all the heroes so willing to change their beliefs? Why does Green Arrow always get killed/injured for being the defiant one? Why is Batman always the remaining hero? It's alternate realities so none of it matters. If it bugs you stop reading

In fact I did stop reading and came here to whine instead :P

@alak said:

I really want to join in on the rants because this alt. Wonder Woman does seem like a ridiculous character that does no justice for the original...

... but then again my favorite character, Nightwing, died by falling on a rock. Therefore, my only response is: it's an elseworlds comic. Deal with it.

indeed nightwing's death was absurd... the writers didn't know what to do with him so they killed him. For what's worth, he died with a pure heart and didn't have to witness all the sh!t that happened after.