• 62 results
Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

She needs to have more of the attitude of a princess and be pompous. Maintain the royalty but be more deadly. Her mother is dead and her people doesn't respect her. She has been through a lot and eventually will break. She doesn't need to demand respect, she needs to take it. She needs to be a merciless bitch and strike fear in the heart of the people around. I would picture her painting her nails while cutting someone's head off then apologizing later. She's not a bad guy but she needs to be more brutal about her authority.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Darling_Luna

K

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ur kinda describing villain there lol

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I think you and Frank Miller have the same vision for Wonder Woman.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

So basically you wanted the hateful harpy depiction from Flashpoint rather than the actual Wonder Woman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How rude. She should be compassionate

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@outside_85: She's a princess. Would you expect less?

You aren't describing a princess however, you're describing a tyrant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would you do if your peasants (amazons) got out of line with you (their leader)? Or, how would you feel if you lost all of your loved ones and couldn't take it anymore?

She needs to put her foot down and force all of those that oppose her to bow down. She has every right to be aggressive and seem hateful. It is just the way it is. I don't want her to be a villain and turn her back against the League. I want her to be more strict when it comes to royalty and power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: How many princesses you know that are compassionate? Disney is just fairytales by the way.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Wonder Woman needs to be is less straightlaced, humourless and sour-faced and more outgoing, smiley, crack a few jokes around her friends but also lucid and level-headed when matters get serious.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: plenty actually ... Most Princesses in the modern day spend their lives dedicated to various charitable causes. And in the old days tales of the hateful Princesses were much exaggerated as they held little/no actual political power. The whole point of WW was to show that if women were in charge the world would be a more loving place. You want the Amazons (who by no means peasants) to respect her? She should show them the respect they deserve. They are rebelling, at least in part, because she is not being a ruler. She should be doing acts of contrition for failing her duty to her subjects not lobbing off heads of dissidents. Diana's first and most prominent trait should always be her compassion... She went into mans world to fight a great evil (the Nazis) she did this because she loved the people of the world, not because she sought more power.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She would be a tyrant more than a princess. And if she were like that wouldn't it defeat a key part of her character which is compassion?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

WW's queen of the Amazons and to add on top of that, a goddess now. Really surprised they haven't made her go through a phase where she's all cruel and condescending towards those she says are beneath her.. in the New 52 wise of course. As well, you know FP.

Then again, Diana's already tried being assertive and cruel and look at where that got her..

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: I'd say the whole point of making her a God is to show that she can be what the other gods are not. Selfless and loving. Azzarello went out of his way to illustrate how petty the gods were and how Diana knew this and actively would avoid become such herself. The Finchs seem to be going down the easy path with Diana becoming more like the Olympians instead of forging her own path.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

WW under good writers is well balanced between princess,ambassador and warrior. She is a warrior princess. But she is the type of warrior that has honor and codes. That type of warrior that respects life and fights to protect people. She tries to solve things without violence as much as she can. But when things get out of hand and there is no other choise but to get into the battlefield. She is ready to fight with all she got. That's how she is and she should stay that way. It makes her more interesting,balanced,unique and "badass" than being a typical kill first ask later warrior.

I wholeheartedly disagree, Wonder Woman was anything but a balanced character before the relaunch imo like a cloyingly sweet dessert that needs a good squeeze of lemon juice to offset the sweetness, Wonder Woman was way too whiter-than-white therefore extremely unrelatable, predictable and a little bit dull. She's a far more nuanced and interesting character now having taken up the mantle of War which at face value may seem contradictory but actually enriched the character with lots of storytelling potential that Meredith, Soule and Tomasi squandered unfortunately to Wonder Woman's detriment

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, Diana isn't a merciless bi*ch. You've described Donna Troy.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, Diana isn't a merciless bi*ch. You've described Donna Troy.

The attack on the manazons might've been an editorial mandate in order to keep the all-female status quo in Themyscira though personally I wouldn't mind if they reabsorbed the men and became a mixed-gender matriarchal society. And Strife might be pulling the strings, I certainly hope so.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ariesxmasters

Sounds like you want her to act like Vegeta. A Prince who thinks they are too good for anything, and thinks everyone owe's them something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Good example. I was thinking more like Kitana from Mortal Kombat.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Good example. I was thinking more like Kitana from Mortal Kombat.

Haha I understand what you mean, but Wonder Woman "All of a suddenly" pulling the whole princess persona would probably feel forced since she has never been portrayed as that. Her acting like Kitana would be interesting though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: @agent41: I am actually pursuing a career in writing comics. Hopefully someday I can get to write Wonder Woman and take some advice from you guys.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: Perez, Rucka, Simone and Jiminez show this is far from the case. Those stories saw her killing her enemies, making mistakes and even losing her temper. There is nothing nuanced about her or the Amazons in her current book.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

@brunnhilde: Perez, Rucka, Simone and Jiminez show this is far from the case. Those stories saw her killing her enemies, making mistakes and even losing her temper. There is nothing nuanced about her or the Amazons in her current book.

She killed Ares and Maxwell Lord because there was no other option, those deaths were necessary evils. Likewise she rebelled against the Gods because she was looking after us. There's nothing nuanced about Little Miss Selfless-and-Beyond-Reproach, she always does the right thing. She needs that dash of lemon, a sense of humour could go a long way towards endearing Wonder Woman to people outside her admirably staunch cult-following.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Archizooom

@somayareece said:

@brunnhilde: @agent41: I am actually pursuing a career in writing comics. Hopefully someday I can get to write Wonder Woman and take some advice from you guys.

Well the fastest way to realize your goal apparently is to marry a "superstar" artist, good luck :)

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: I'd recommend League of One and Golden Perfect as good examples of a flawed Diana. She was also plenty flawed in those runs I mentioned. Maybe not in the way yoy normally expect, but she was.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I think I've read Wonder Woman written like that before. Everyone else tells me those instances are bad writing and don't capture the essence of the character correctly.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

@brunnhilde: I'd recommend League of One and Golden Perfect as good examples of a flawed Diana. She was also plenty flawed in those runs I mentioned. Maybe not in the way yoy normally expect, but she was.

She ambushed the Justice League to cheat the prophecy that foretold the League's demise and braved the Dragon on her own, knowing she would likely die. However she survived because she's pure. Other than Wonder Woman, only Jesus could've pulled that off.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: Batman pointed out that this type of behaviour was foolish and that she should have trusted her friends more.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z: Batman needing to point it out to WW is infuriating in its own way ... But then AM and SM also pointed it out, because apparently Diana under the Finch pen can't seem to figure that out.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

She certainly showed to have flaws in Perez,Jiminez,Smone.Ruka. And she is an icon. The most important part of her character is the ideal she reprsents. As a selfempoerment icon she spreads a message about pushing yourself further to do the right thing and try to be a little bit better everyday. You are supposed to learn from an icon more than relate to it.

Well the proof is in the pudding, her sales were mediocre and I can see why. If I was a straight guy with hundreds of comics to choose from, I wouldn't have given pre-52 Wonder Woman a second thought. Wonder Woman's got all the bones of a really cool character but they haven't assembled the skeleton correctly yet. Azzarello and Chiang's run wasn't without fault but for me it's the best one yet. It's just my opinion though

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I was referring to A League of One.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about no because it find that insulting you call yourself a WonderWoman fan it almost hurts just reading your thread, please remove yourself immediately.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

That's not Wonder Woman. It's complete opposite of who she is.

When she was alive, the actual Princess Diana was very compassionate. I think you should look her up.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CSG_CL

@agent_z said:

@csg_cl: I was referring to A League of One.

which is just as hypocritical coming from BM :)

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She needs to have more of the attitude of a princess and be pompous. Maintain the royalty but be more deadly. Her mother is dead and her people doesn't respect her. She has been through a lot and eventually will break. She doesn't need to demand respect, she needs to take it. She needs to be a merciless bitch and strike fear in the heart of the people around. I would picture her painting her nails while cutting someone's head off then apologizing later. She's not a bad guy but she needs to be more brutal about her authority.

What? No no... don't you think that would completely oppose her mindset of having peace? Lol I think that is enough WW thread for today...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

@brunnhilde: sales are not the only sign of quality.

But there's a correlation. The people that buy Wonder Woman comics are the passionate and perpetually malcontent fans that stick with Wonder Woman come what may, not because they love the comics but because they love the character, unconditionally

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bit extreme, but some of your points I could see being a thing in small doses and majorly for an arc or two, but Wonder Woman is an ambassador to the world.

Not all that stuff is going to fly, especially as a member of the Justice League, (which, with your version of the character, why would she join if she wasn't the leader? Not to say she couldn't be, just asking.) She would need to develop into a more likable protagonist people can get behind. Wonder Woman as an anti-hero doesn't really strike me as her vibe.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblondegod: @pokeysteve: @tigerkaya: I guess that's why Aquaman is a better ruler than her. Finch should take notes because Wonder Woman is a horrible leader.

I think this is where you're having a problem. Wonder Woman doesn't want to "rule" anyone. I don't think Aquaman does either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Isn't that pretty much why the amazons despise her? That is why they find Donna more fitting as their leader. Wonder Woman clearly don't know what she is doing and need to step down. Aquaman's people love him and respect him as their king.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Isn't that pretty much why the amazons despise her? That is why they find Donna more fitting as their leader. Wonder Woman clearly don't know what she is doing and need to step down. Aquaman's people love him and respect him as their king.

It isn't fair to compare their leadership abilities based on their people. Aquaman has more in common with the Atlantean culture than Diana does with the Amazons. Swap their personalities and the results will be the same. Wonder Woman isn't a man hating war monger so she'll never fit in there. I think that might be why she left in the first place but I can't remember. The New 52 has been very forgettable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Thall shalll that may be. That is the problem with her New 52 writers. They suck at making her relate to reality. They so focused on developing her as something that she is not that they keep missing out on her true aspects. Instead of getting a real amazon princess warrior, we get a false God of War that don't even know who she is herself.