Wonder Woman(Dccu)-Demigod vs Thor(Mcu)-alien

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so which is better:Dccu Wonder Woman demigod direction or Mcu Thor's alien direction???plus if you want who do you think is stronger???I know that Wonder Woman doesnt have any feats yet but since she is a demigod who do you think should be stronger???

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i mean we dont have anything to go on so at this point itd really be wonder woman (comics) vs MCU Thor and that wouldnt be fair but wonder woman would be stronger than him but then again its MCU vs DCCU and they are two different companies so there is no real way to compare them to each other since if they existed in the same world creators would have to change them relative to each other and other characters

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i mean we dont have anything to go on so at this point itd really be wonder woman (comics) vs MCU Thor and that wouldnt be fair but wonder woman would be stronger than him but then again its MCU vs DCCU and they are two different companies so there is no real way to compare them to each other since if they existed in the same world creators would have to change them relative to each other and other characters

I know Im just asking.I didnt create this post to be "explain the differences between Dccu and Mcu".I only want to know what do you guys think.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 didnt mean to come off rude or anything but its sorta hard to answer. but we know ww just jumps really high and is incredibly strong for now but thats it

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither is better. Both work for the stories they tell. I'm seeing Thor much like the old Masters of the Universe setting. You have guys with magic weapons on the one hand, and laser blasters or flying machines in the other. It works within the context of the MCU. I like the idea of Diana being a demigod. It brings something different to the table since Superman is the alien of that movie setting.

No way of knowing who is stronger until we see Diana in action. Odds are she'll be in the same range as Thor seeing as how she should be in the same range as Clark.

As for who should actually be stronger? Meh. Does it matter?

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: I know you didnt mean that in a rude way.Im just being sarcastic.I know its hard to answer.I want to know what do you guys expect.you dont need to be accurate.just write your opinion.no one will bite you.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: it works but its stupid,at least for me and quite likely for many other people.a little correction on your part:Mcu dont have magic.I like more WW demigod than Thors alien thing because Thor is a full God not some stupid alien.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Magic and tech/science are indistinguishable at a high enough level. That is the route the MCU has used thus far and based on word of Doctor Strange will continue to use.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Magic and tech/science are indistinguishable at a high enough level. That is the route the MCU has used thus far and based on word of Doctor Strange will continue to use.

which sucks btw.I knew that.they also explained it through quathom/phantom physics bullshit whatever the name is.I mean how could you explain magic to be science when you are doing Doctor Strange movie???that is why I love Dccu WW-s demigod direction not Mcu crap.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: I'd suggest you wait to actually see Doctor Strange before condemning it.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: I didnt said that Doctor Strange will suck.its just when they said "magic is not magic but just an advanced science and Thor is an alien"it made me sick.thats why I love Dccu direction of their universe with real Gods and magic.thats why I ask you which is better between WW and Thor.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: I'd need to see the final product to say what is better. With that said, I don't see anything wrong with the science is magic aspect of Thor.

He still flies, has a hammer, shoots lightning, tanks Hulk punches and does everything else Thor needs to. (Save maybe a Godblast.)

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: yeah and about that God blast people are complaining will he ever used it.well here is a surprise to you:Thor is not a God which falls everything in the water.it would be more like alienblast.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really do prefer the mythological route DC took with Wonder Woman. Superman brings in the Sci-fi element. Batman brings in the Crime/street element. Diana brings in the Supernatural element. I personally didn't like that the MCU made Thor an alien, and Odin so weak.

As for who should be stronger. Based on what little we saw of Wonder Woman, it seems like her blast/shockwave thing could be a very powerful attack comparable to Thors lightning. Physically she looked like she is much faster based on the hit she took which showed her being hit back at superspeed (if you guys saw the extended trailer). Of course this is all based on assumptions that I am making based on that one hit she took which leads me to believe she operates at similar levels as the Kryptonians as we saw similar hits in Man of Steel. But at the end of the day its just speculation and we won't know until the movie comes out.

I am really excited to see her skills playing a major role. Her shield was glowing red in the extended trailer leading me to believe she may have just blocked heat vision before being hit backwards.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GoodBoy6

@klaus said:

I really do prefer the mythological route DC took with Wonder Woman. Superman brings in the Sci-fi element. Batman brings in the Crime/street element. Diana brings in the Supernatural element. I personally didn't like that the MCU made Thor an alien, and Odin so weak.

As for who should be stronger. Based on what little we saw of Wonder Woman, it seems like her blast/shockwave thing could be a very powerful attack comparable to Thors lightning. Physically she looked like she is much faster based on the hit she took which showed her being hit back at superspeed (if you guys saw the extended trailer). Of course this is all based on assumptions that I am making based on that one hit she took which leads me to believe she operates at similar levels as the Kryptonians as we saw similar hits in Man of Steel. But at the end of the day its just speculation and we won't know until the movie comes out.

I am really excited to see her skills playing a major role. Her shield was glowing red in the extended trailer leading me to believe she may have just blocked heat vision before being hit backwards.

totally agree with you.Thor.Sif,Odin and the others should be a Gods and a little stronger,not overpowered like in the comics.Mcu sucks in that aspect.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus said:

This

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when the first Wonder Woman theory came out that she was descended from the Kryptonians frozen in Man of Steel and immediately barfed. That would've been the stupidest move.

Also stems from why I hated that Thor was changed into an Alien. It just seemed like the MCU was looking for an excuse to change the ancient Nordic landscape into bland sci-fi setting and bring some weird Ancient Aliens god theory crap into a cinematic universe that already has way too much aliens.

So conceptually, I believe Demi-God Diana trumps Thor as it adds diversity within her universe, but in terms of ability we do have to wait and see.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GoodBoy6

I remember when the first Wonder Woman theory came out that she was descended from the Kryptonians frozen in Man of Steel and immediately barfed. That would've been the stupidest move.

Also stems from why I hated that Thor was changed into an Alien. It just seemed like the MCU was looking for an excuse to change the ancient Nordic landscape into bland sci-fi setting and bring some weird Ancient Aliens god theory crap into a cinematic universe that already has way too much aliens.

So conceptually, I believe Demi-God Diana trumps Thor as it adds diversity within her universe, but in terms of ability we do have to wait and see.

completely agree with you.though about ability I meant Demigod vs alien=Demigod.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Archizooom

I like the ancient aliens approach, I think it's really smart. Every species in the Universe is alien relative to one another, it makes sense to have it that the Gods are the master race perched at the top of the food chain.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the ancient aliens approach, I think it's really smart. Every species in the Universe is alien relative to one another, it makes sense to have it that the Gods are the master race perched at the top of the food chain.

well most of us who read the comics(and those who dont)find that idea very stupid.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see the point you are making, but have always felt that the aliens approach was a bit of a cop-out so as not to alienate (pardon the pun) fans who might be a religious. Making Thor, who was a major Jesus competitor in human religious history, an actual GOD would have been better IMO ... even if the puny humans just thought of him as an alien.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
@brunnhilde said:

I see the point you are making, but have always felt that the aliens approach was a bit of a cop-out so as not to alienate (pardon the pun) fans who might be a religious. Making Thor, who was a major Jesus competitor in human religious history, an actual GOD would have been better IMO ... even if the puny humans just thought of him as an alien.

then people are basically stupid.they know that this is all a fantasy world not a real life..

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Archizooom

@csg_cl said:

He's still a God. Asgard's an extra-dimensional plane so technically the Gods have always been an alien (extraterrestrial) species relative to human kind. God is the english word that denotes these alien beings of exceptional power whom pagans used to worship. Semantics.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

He's still a God. Asgard's an extra-dimensional plane so technically the Gods have always been an alien (extraterrestrial) species relative to human kind. God is the english word that denotes these alien beings of exceptional power whom pagans used to worship. Semantics.

Thor is not a God in Mcu,even if they call him and alien.in Earth 616(which is the main universe)he is not depicted as an alien but rather as a God.even when mortals prey to him he becomes stronger or something like that.we are not using our definition of a God which is clearly an omnipotent being.

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this thread....

Anyways,WW in the movie-verse is featless. She might be really powerful depending on what incarnation/era of WW they use for inspiration. Judging by whatever she did in the trailer for BVS,she clanked her gauntlets together and made some type of huge shockwave/dome. Though because of Trailer editing,it might not have been her,but the director wants to trick you into believing it was.

I personally think WW will not be able to fly yet in this movie.She'll probably have peak human/low level superhuman strength,but she'll have bad ass weapons to make up for it,like her blessed armor, sword,lasso and shield.Pretty sure her fighting skills will be good too.

I don''t think WW is gonna become a powerhouse until her own solo outing,or when Justice League movie comes out.So i wouldn't hold my breath for insane strength feats or good durability showings,Fighting Superman one on one etc

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:

Thor is not a God in Mcu,even if they call him and alien.in Earth 616(which is the main universe)he is not depicted as an alien but rather as a God.even when mortals prey to him he becomes stronger or something like that.we are not using our definition of a God which is clearly an omnipotent being.

Thor is a God in the MCU, Clint's wife refers to him as a God in Age of Ultron, if my memory serves me well. And while he's answered prayers in the comics, he doesn't grow stronger the more he's worshipped, at least in his current incarnation.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:

Thor is a God in the MCU, Clint's wife refers to him as a God in Age of Ultron, if my memory serves me well. And while he's answered prayers in the comics, he doesn't grow stronger the more he's worshipped, at least in his current incarnation.

no he is not.some say that he is but he is not.I didnt say he gets 100% stronger but it was in his comic about Gorr the God Butcher which 2013.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

I like the demigod direction.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

that's just rationalizing the choice IMO. Thor/Odin didn't create mankind and it's clear that there is a "higher power" in the MCU that likely created the Asgardians as well as Humans.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

that's just rationalizing the choice IMO. Thor/Odin didn't create mankind and it's clear that there is a "higher power" in the MCU that likely created the Asgardians as well as Humans.

No it's the reasoning that went behind the choice. As to who created Gods and humans, I honestly don't know. Was that touched upon in the movies?

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

No it's the reasoning that went behind the choice. As to who created Gods and humans, I honestly don't know. Was that touched upon in the movies?

in the comics Earth 616 Odin is older than human race,I think.no it didnt.there were Celestials I think and a reference to Death herself.if there are these beings than I dont know why Mcu didnt made them Gods.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@goodboy6 said:

Hawkeye's wife describes the Avengers are gods as far as I remember; in Thor's own movie, Odin himself said the Asgardians are not gods. Them being aliens doesn't have to be a matter of semantics; in fact, it may actually be a little faithful to one of Marvel's most well known stories, because in Earth-X the Asgardians were a higher order of engineered beings created by Celestial experiments, just like the mutants and Eternals.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:
@brunnhilde said:
@goodboy6 said:

Hawkeye's wife describes the Avengers are gods as far as I remember; in Thor's own movie, Odin himself said the Asgardians are not gods. Them being aliens doesn't have to be a matter of semantics; in fact, it may actually be a little faithful to one of Marvel's most well known stories, because in Earth-X the Asgardians were a higher order of engineered beings created by Celestial experiments, just like the mutants and Eternals.

yeah but Earth 616 is the main universe.I know they didnt go into that direction but its still stupid.its like making iron Man without money.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Archizooom

@saren said:

Was the creation of humankind accredited to the Asgardians in the Marvel Universe before the movies or to the Olympians in the DCU? Or is it that they've always been Gods insofar as they're exceptionally powerful beings worshipped by the pagans whom they took under their wing? In what meaningful ways has this ancient aliens approach change Thor's mythology?

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Was the creation of humankind accredited to the Asgardians in the Marvel Universe before the movies or to the Olympians in the DCU? Or is it that they've always been Gods insofar as they're exceptionally powerful beings worshipped by the pagans whom they took under their wing? In what meaningful ways did this ancient aliens approach change Thor's mythology?

they are Gods in Marvel universe,end of story.the thing is there is One Above All also.I dont know if Gods created humankind but I know(not 100% sure)that Odin lived before them.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Well they're alien-gods in the MCU, if that's stupid to you for whatever reason, don't go watch Ragnarok :)

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GoodBoy6

@goodboy6: Well they're alien-gods in the MCU, if that's stupid to you for whatever reason, don't go watch Ragnarok :)

Im not saying that Mcu sucks.only this thing bothers me the most.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@saren said:

Was the creation of humankind accredited to the Asgardians in the Marvel Universe before the movies or to the Olympians in the DCU? Or is it that they've always been Gods insofar as they're exceptionally powerful beings worshipped by the pagans whom they took under their wing? In what meaningful ways has this ancient aliens approach change Thor's mythology?

There is one version of the story from just before the Thor movie, during the JMS run, that says Odin created humans, but nobody at Marvel gives a shit about cosmic continuity so the Celestials and the Builders have also been credited as such. Old King Thor lives in the 616 universe thousands of years in the future, when humanity has been completely wiped out, and for his birthday his granddaughters gifted him magic clay that allowed him to restart humanity by making a new Adam and Eve in the form of Steve Rogers and Jane Foster. I don't think DC's Olympians have ever been credited with creating humans; that generally falls to higher powers.

616 Asgardians are actual gods. In the comics, Thor can hear people praying to him from anywhere in the universe and can answer their prayers, and he can also be empowered and revived by prayers. Portrayals are inconsistent, but he has been portrayed as having weird physiology that allows him to transcend dimensions by poking at space and sometimes telepaths cannot read his mind because god-thoughts are beyond human comprehension. In the Earth-X version, beings like Thor and Odin were immaterial constructs whose form and power level were determined by what people believed them to be. The ancient aliens approach is why Thor's mother is Frigga in the movies even though it's Gaea in both the comics and original mythology (where it's actually Fjörgyn, but since she's the goddess of the Earth it amounts to the same thing). They also explained away the World Tree as a connective network across nine planets, but it is supposed to be an actual tree, and without that I doubt you could have stuff like the Norns or monsters like the Nidhogg.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CSG_CL

@brunnhilde: "reasoning" and "rationale" same thing ... Any way you look at it it's a cop out. Thor and the Asgaurdians are essentially Kryptonians now ... Just a super powered alien species. Higher power is alluded to when they talk about the different realms in the Thor film.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: I think you are misunderstanding what the Asgardians actually are in the MCU. They are only aliens. Odin himself stated in the movie to Loki that they aren't gods, however, humans in the MCU call them gods because thats how the old northern people portrayed them in their stories.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
@risingbean said:

which sucks btw.I knew that.they also explained it through quathom/phantom physics bullshit whatever the name is.I mean how could you explain magic to be science when you are doing Doctor Strange movie???that is why I love Dccu WW-s demigod direction not Mcu crap.

quantum physics. phantom lol. yeah i agree with you. i want ww to be from another realm where divine beings exist, steve trevor somehow breaks the barrier.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Archizooom

@saren said:

There is one version of the story from just before the Thor movie, during the JMS run, that says Odin created humans, but nobody at Marvel gives a shit about cosmic continuity so the Celestials and the Builders have also been credited as such. Old King Thor lives in the 616 universe thousands of years in the future, when humanity has been completely wiped out, and for his birthday his granddaughters gifted him magic clay that allowed him to restart humanity by making a new Adam and Eve in the form of Steve Rogers and Jane Foster. I don't think DC's Olympians have ever been credited with creating humans; that generally falls to higher powers.

616 Asgardians are actual gods. In the comics, Thor can hear people praying to him from anywhere in the universe and can answer their prayers, and he can also be empowered and revived by prayers. Portrayals are inconsistent, but he has been portrayed as having weird physiology that allows him to transcend dimensions by poking at space and sometimes telepaths cannot read his mind because god-thoughts are beyond human comprehension. In the Earth-X version, beings like Thor and Odin were immaterial constructs whose form and power level were determined by what people believed them to be. The ancient aliens approach is why Thor's mother is Frigga in the movies even though it's Gaea in both the comics and original mythology (where it's actually Fjörgyn, but since she's the goddess of the Earth it amounts to the same thing). They also explained away the World Tree as a connective network across nine planets, but it is supposed to be an actual tree, and without that I doubt you could have stuff like the Norns or monsters like the Nidhogg.

The Olympians created the Amazons with a wave of the hand, they created Wonder Woman, Hecate just cooked up Donna Troy in her caldron, however it never crossed my mind that the Olympians were behind the creation of humankind so when I saw Thor fashion Jane and Steve from a chunk of magic clay I made nothing of it. To me that didn't seem like something which is only within the reach of a God. Didn't Scarlet Witch will her babies into existence, the Kree (aliens) created the Inhumans, wasn't Superboy genetically engineered by scientists from a strand of Superman's DNA? Even humans can create life. What the hell then is a God? there doesn't seem to be a very clear delineation. What about the New Gods, they're an alien species, no one prays to them as far as I know..

And how do you explain the Yggdrasil to movie goers, that the Earth is hanging from an oak tree and that there's a giant devouring beast gnawing at its roots…It seemed legit to medieval pagans that didn't know the first thing about the Universe,

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GoodBoy6

@brunnhilde said:
@saren said:

The Olympians created the Amazons with a wave of the hand, they created Wonder Woman, Hecate just cooked up Donna Troy in her caldron, however it never crossed my mind that the Olympians were behind the creation of humankind so when I saw Thor fashion Jane and Steve from a chunk of magic clay I made nothing of it. To me that didn't seem like something that's only within the reach of a God. Didn't Scarlet Witch will her babies into existence, the Kree (aliens) created the Inhumans, wasn't Superboy genetically engineered by scientists from a strand of Superman's DNA? Even humans can create life. What the hell then is a God? there doesn't seem to be a very clear delineation. What about the New Gods, they're an alien species, no one prays to them as far as I know..

And how do you explain the Yggdrasil to movie goers, that the Earth is hanging from an oak tree and that there's a giant devouring beast gnawing at its roots… It seemed legit to medieval pagans that didn't know the first thing about the Universe,

a little imagination dont hurt.besides,Wacraft movie will be a fantasy movie.does that mean that no one will watch that because it makes no sense for magic,Gods,Titans etc???

Apis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#46  Edited By Apis

Myths are metaphors so it's best to leave these questions vague. Let it be a debate without any answer. Nothing in either comic's continuity can be depended on and ultimately any movie's explanation will be pablum for the audience the writer thinks is coming. Afterall Thor's alien story line only exists to further the Infinity story arc. Love the discussion though now I'm hyped for the Ancient Aliens marathon on History Channel.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apis said:

Myths are metaphors so it's best to leave these questions vague. Let it be a debate without any answer. Nothing in either comic's continuity can be depended on and ultimately any movie's explanation will be pablum for the audience the writer thinks is coming. Afterall Thor's alien story line only exists to further the Infinity story arc. Love the discussion though now I'm hyped for the Ancient Aliens marathon on History Channel.

you have a good point.tnx btw.still its better to have Thor as a God,as he should be.