wonderthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wonderthing

Hey, Comic Vine!

Alright, I'm gonna be completely honest: I'm new to the forums. Just made an account a while ago, and finally decided to use it. I frequent this site for various reasons, but this is the first time I'm making a post. Let's get right into it, because I have a few questions for everyone, and I am trying to discover something specific. I'll be brief.

I initially came here wondering about a particular image of Wonder Woman I came across. You'll see it below, unless I end up sucking and it doesn't work:

No Caption Provided

I'm trying to find out what issue this image is from. Why? Well, because I love seeing Wonder Woman in casual outfits, and I deeply appreciate that this artist (I'm not sure who it is, something I'd also like to know) put's an emphasis on her muscle (particularly her left arm). So, is anyone able to help me out? I'm not asking for a specific issue or page number (but if you have that, that'd be great). A ballpark sort of thing would be great -- maybe if you recognize the artist's style, or know what arc this takes place in. And this leads into my next question:

What's your favorite look for Wonder Woman OUTSIDE of her costume? I'd love to hear about them, or even see them if possible.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Your picture messed up; it's not showing. You'll have to re-post it. I really liked her Terry Dodson outfits.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That panel is from Rucka's run #206, with art by Drew Johnson who recently drew the first two instalments of Wonder Woman '77

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I would love to see her wear something like this although it wouldn't seem all that casual

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thong.

wonderthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a huge fan of the way Dodson draws Wonder Woman's face, in particular. I think his work in that respect is magnificent. Also, thank you so much @brunnhilde! I'm always impressed with people's thorough knowledge of the comics. I've been reading for years now, and I still don't have that sort of finesse. @somayareece, I'm not sure if I've ever seen Wonder Woman wear such an outfit, but I most certainly have seen Catwoman wear a top like that at least twice. One being in the New 52 run, in one of the earlier issues (between issues 1 and 10 i think).

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I liked these two.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Saint_Sophie
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Can't tell if that's supposed to be based off of Gal Gadot or not but that's a pretty cool picture

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@saint_sophie: I prefer the simplicity of the Trinity one .

@jayc1324 said:

@saintwildcard: Can't tell if that's supposed to be based off of Gal Gadot or not but that's a pretty cool picture

Not sure, but it was done as a fun side project after Superman's new look was announced. He decided to give the Trinity all casual looks.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

In my mind Wonder Woman would dress herself like so

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She wears a lot of leather in her causal outfits, that harken back to her fetishist beginnings. Or they're usually wonderriffic and derivative of her, Cassie or Donna's superhero costumes. During Perez's run she wore outfits based on her classic costume's colors and iconography, or her Wonder Princess outfit exclusively.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

No Caption Provided

It's awesome to know Wonder Woman is a fellow metalhead. \m/

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad_titan: Having been to many a metal gig and I can assure you there are more or less two types of fans, those who lose their minds and those who just stare stoically at the stage, Wonder Woman is the latter.

JoaoPedroGomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I like this one. It was first shown by Chiang, but Tony Daniel adopted it too. It's pretty simple and practical. A good way to hide her costume.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer the spin. Allegedly they made Tony Daniel draw the trenchcoat. It's too Olivia Pope for me, especially when Chiang drew it. Anyway the boots and tiara are a giveaway.

No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: In my experience, a female presence kills most mosh pits.

Though it would've been classic to see people bouncing off her. XD

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i like that look when shes in the mosh pit but also she'd prob wear a bit of plaid and a lot of comfortable stuff since she has to wear that costume all the time