• 53 results
Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

well everyone favorite b!tc# is back and if you read Azz run you know who i mean and no it not Hera she only show up for a bit but it look like she has a part to play in the finch story

Donna get comes back

spoiler the whole hydra scene was just Diana having a nightmare

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read it yet but, what exactly has Donna done? Did Diana see her? Does ANYONE know she's there?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok can't wait to read it then are the amazons still disrespectful towards her?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

I think the writer is taking a swipe at certain sections of WW fandom. Seriously that introduction speech of Donna Troy. Depending on how you look at it, it's either taking it on one side or the other.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok can't wait to read it then are the amazons still disrespectful towards her?

If by her you mean WW then yes.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: dang to their queen and god of war where is hera to teach them some manners lol.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Much better face wise.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I haven't been able to get the issue yet. Could you post or otherwise describe the speech in question?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@agent_z: It needs context of arguments made by a certain portion of fans to get what I said.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is the first time I've enjoyed a comic book drawn by David Finch. It was by no means perfect, quite inconsistent actually but some panels were stunning, namely the one where the dragon kowtowed to Wonder Woman with the light shining behind it, such a beautiful illustration. For me though Wonder Woman continues to conduct herself rather meekly, she's just angsty all the time, always mouthing off at people but doing very little to sort her problems out, other than creating the council. Nonetheless, I'd be lying if I said I'm not at least entertained.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: yeah she looks great I actually really like the look her gave her.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His art is improving a lot. I like rooting for the underdog and so far Lady Finch isn't disappointing me. Goes to show that never judge a book by the writer, I love Bunn's Sinestro, bu his Lobo book sux hard.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art now is much better indeed. No more teenager faces of adult women and boy, Donna is beautiful!

I had complain about how WW wasn't being preemptive in Azz's run but right now, she's plainly stubborn and slow. She's got problems and she's not even admitting that. What makes things worse is that all the people around her know better than herself. I don't like it when she had to hear the rational voice of that what-her-name-again. I didn't like her in SM/WW and still don't in WW. She came out of no where and suspiciously looks a mere plot device, or a voice through which the author explains things in an awkward way.

In the time of a regime transition she's not even sleeping in her own island. I totally get why the Amazons are angry what I can't get is why she's being stupid. Why isn't she studying the gods in the library and talk to Hera since she's now one of them? Why isn't she reading reports about her Kingdom every day to update her knowledge about her people and their situation? How come she launches that council thing without having a bunch of enlightened and influential Amazon leaders to support her and help her with the process? She spent plenty of time fighting the FB before and now all in the sudden she's too busy with the league? Come on she's not THAT important in the league, just read the JL issue and you'll see...

Anyway, Donna probably can do a better job than her.

So disappointed.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FoamBorn

@hastalavista: Yeah I noticed that today in Justice League, she's basically just a spectator though at least she's not strapped to a bed like everyone else. She and Superman couldn't deal with Patient O so Batman took care of it. To me the so called Power Couple doesn't seem very impressive. No one even talks to Wonder Woman, she's just always standing there overhearing the conversation. She might as well be in Themyscira looking after her people but I guess she's not cut out to be a queen. At least I hope that she's not really responsible for all those catastrophes, that someone else is behind them trying to frame her

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Much better face wise.

and tits wise. Finch never drew a better looking pair of tits. They're just the right size

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Much better face wise.

and tits wise. Finch never drew a better looking pair of tits. They're just the right size

..... you never cease to surprise me .____.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You might be just a touch oversensitive Saint

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Sure ..... wynaut? Let's got with that

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Much better face wise.

I will have to say... I agree! LOL. Donna seems very dignified, I like her already. Poor Diana.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@saint_wildcard said:

WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL HIIIIMMMMM?!?!?!?

No Caption Provided

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the issue. The Amazons however are on my last nerve. Wonder Woman has a ton of other responsibilities so she created a council to give everyone a voice and help with government type issues but instead there has been much in fighting (much like WW fans here on comicvine lol). I should probably not get as frustrated with the Amazons since even in Azarellos run there was already a person trying to start problems in the crowd. It was when WW kept baby Zeke on Paradise Island. So maybe its not just the Amazons being ret*rd$, maybe its that person creating problems and maybe even using magic.

Maybe its even Dianas fault unbeknownst to her due to her God of War powers. Hessia did say that she'd be a lightning rod for conflict.

Please dont tag me if you want to talk about anything Ive said. You can quote my comment, just erase my name out of it as I have no interest in being in this thread. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but WW threads are near unbearable with all the complaining and whining and stupid in-fighting. Thank you for respecting my wishes. Cheers.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will have to say... I agree! LOL. Donna seems very dignified, I like her already. Poor Diana.

At least in that page she looks very classically beautiful, like on the high-fashion side of the beauty spectrum if you know what I mean.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THAT ISH WAS DOPE! I loved every thing about it! The Finches addressed all your gripes and complaints.

If you seriously disliked this issue, you're just a hater.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Much better face wise.

*snort* I wonder how the reduction surgery went for her

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THAT ISH WAS DOPE! I loved every thing about it! The Finches addressed all your gripes and complaints.

If you seriously disliked this issue, you're just a hater.

her fanbase here on comicvine seems to be her biggest haters.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, we have basically covered the cynical hating part and the cynical about the cynical part, does anyone want to guess wether Donna has a free will? Currently we haven't seen her talking or do anything else other than showing up as the old lady desired.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@foamborn:

Makes sense since Troy come for Helen of Troy due to Donna Troy´s beauty on early origins.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@foamborn:

Makes sense since Troy come for Helen of Troy due to Donna Troy´s beauty on early origins.

I think they named her Troy after the city and she was an exact younger duplicate of Wonder Woman.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By whygamespot
primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok read the issue i did enjoy it and the art i agree so much better. Still who would have thought greek warriors would have so much trouble with democracy lol of the irony lol. I don't get why batman is just finding out about her being the god of war though i thought he already knew, but hey anything that makes batman worried i'm all for it. Especially since he seems to not need the justice league to do things now it seems.

Still wow these amazons have zero respect for their queen and god of war i think hera needs to really give diana that talk again.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CSG_CL

@hastalavista: some do for certain ... Others just b!tch just for the sake of b!tching

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ganon15
No Caption Provided

Looks like an Amazonian version of Faora from Man of Steel

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@primebonnick: I think he knew but didn't want to mention it with everyone around.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By primebonnick

@handofprometheus: I thought everyone on the team knew i mean even luthor in Justice league said she is a god so idk. I guess he realizes she is bothered i feels that was one of the reasons?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: they all know she is GoW ... It's referenced several times during the Doomed storyline by several characters. This is just an example of a poorly constructed scene.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:
No Caption Provided

Looks like an Amazonian version of Faora from Man of Steel

More like an Asgardian version of Wonder Woman.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: The average bloke wouldn't be able to tell that's Wonder Woman. At least give her the tiara

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: She's not Wonder Woman but that looks a lot like something she would wear. I can't believe Finch designed this actually

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handofprometheus: I thought everyone on the team knew i mean even luthor in Justice league said she is a god so idk. I guess he realizes she is bothered i feels that was one of the reasons?

I guess they never got to talk about it with both being so busy and they're catching up now. Or maybe it was just an awkward conversation-starter.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Is this good again? I left after issue one of Merideth.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: It depends to be honest i think it has improved significantly but some would say otherwise it shall be up to you to judge.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was hoping Donna would get more pages. Hasn't even spoken yet..

So much stuff happened I didn't even care, but it's on purpose that she hasn't spoken. There's something up with that.

I was still reeling from the bloody sheets and the implication that Diana had her period. It's a cool manifestation of her God of War power that I love. Or it's Strife's machinations and I'd like that too. The GoW powers may also explain WW attacking Swampy.

We have several mysteries brewing that are interesting, like the aliens last issue, why Hippolyta dissolved, why Diana is lying to Hessia and Batman and doesn't want their help, Strife and the mention of Hera and what are the other gods are up to and how does this all relates to the League's threat.

DonJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DonJack

Why do they say Donna is the "perfect Amazon for not having a father" if she was supposedly that baby whose mother was killed in the ritual? Also, how was there a baby on the island in the first place?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FoamBorn

@donjack: Derinoe lied to the council. In their culture, the perfect Amazon is one conceived without a man's seed since the amazons loathe men so she told them Donna was a gift from Hera when in truth she was given life by Hecate using their deceased queen's remains.

DonJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DonJack

She's not lying (about that), she herself believes Donna is the perfect Amazon worhy of the throne. There's the possibility that she isn't that baby, who may have been just taken away by that witch... but there's still no reason for a baby to be on the Island at this moment.