• 160 results
Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Love the art look like the finches will deal with the aftermath of azz run wiith the male amazon living in paradise island and her mother still a statue.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

How do you love the art? Diana looks like a 14 year old.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By movieartman
@saren said:

it is a problem but overlookable dew to the wonderful rendering and detail on her and everything else.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: cause i do? and to me she look like in her early 20's

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hear that sound? That's the sound of me dropping a book......

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Err...I'm hoping Merideth gets better.

To be fair though, I hate David's art more than I dislike Merideth's writing in this issue.

I still say that Jeff Lemire should've been handed WW while Merideth get Sensation Comics to hone her writing, but I'm not in charge of DC.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Well... the art is generally fugly, humanoids are deformed, plot hasn't really gotten going yet, I have one big question for the last page and there's a huge amount of talking about nothing and dialogue at times really does appear to be something that came out of the Carter TV-show.

It wasn't as rubbish as I feared it would be, but it's taken a serious dive in quality.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I bought this out of curiosity...I actually like the art, well in parts, but we aren't off to the best start really. She gets owned by Swamp Thing and needs the Justice League now to help her!

Other parts of it are ok.....

Not sure if I will carry on with it or not...its going to be hard to follow up Azzarello's acclaimed run. I think using a virtual unknown like Meredith Finch is a big gamble....

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the art fits the Twilight much better than WW. Looked like a bunch of clueless teenagers.

Huge disappointment on WW being not able to handle Swamp Thing.

Why is WW having so many confusions on her mind? She was so confident when fighting the last battle against FB. She had been in the shitty situation for two years and she sure as hell had learned a lot about humanity, power and control, blahblahblah... She is a mature lady who can handle her emotions, she proved that when she fought FB with a clear mind under god mode. But now she's taking it out on vegetables. LMAO.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@saren said:

... and that's a bad thing how?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is WW having so many confusions on her mind?

Actually you are right, that was a rather drastic shift from how Azzarello wrote her as confident and headstrong. She may not always have made the wisest decisions, but I dont recall her stopping to emote about her situation unless she actually failed at something.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By Saren

@saren said:

You're asking why sexualized drawings of characters that appear to be 14 years old are bad? Setting aside the fact that someone who gets paid for his artwork set out to draw an adult woman and wound up drawing a teenage girl?

No Caption Provided

This is probably the worst example in the entire book. Diana looks like she stepped out of one of those teen comedies they run on Disney and Nickelodeon, and that's just the star of the book. Superman's face appears to have been a casualty as well.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14 frozen  Moderator

@saren said:

I mean...

You walked into that one!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By SaintWildcard

@frozen said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@saren said:

I mean...

You walked into that one!

No, Saren just took that seriously (which wouldn't be the first time). Maybe I should have posted the "That's my fetish" gif.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@hastalavista said:

Actually you are right, that was a rather drastic shift from how Azzarello wrote her as confident and headstrong. She may not always have made the wisest decisions, but I dont recall her stopping to emote about her situation unless she actually failed at something.

Not to mention that she had to hold that stupid teddy bear! Where did she get it? It creeped me out! Maybe she's not 14 but 9. She should go run for pageant shows and cry about world peace.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By dernman

ugh How did WW get owned or showed she couldn't handle ST? She stopped fighting and could have broken out at any time. How did Aquaman save her? He did nothing but show up. Further more ST isn't a pushover so it's not like she's going to take him down no problem. How would she stop him? Only thing I can think of is her lasso and we don't know if that still works on him. I'd be more concerned with her just running in and attacking.

I did not like the art in this issue.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@hastalavista said:

Not to mention that she had to hold that stupid teddy bear! Where did she get it? It creeped me out! Maybe she's not 14 but 9. She should go run for pageant shows and cry about world peace.

I assume she picked it up from one of the flooded villages... which creeps me out, because that bear belonged to someone who is now dead and that bear has been floating around in a puddle where someone elses sewer water was also floating around...

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista said:

@outside_85 said:

@hastalavista said:

I assume she picked it up from one of the flooded villages... which creeps me out, because that bear belonged to someone who is now dead and that bear has been floating around in a puddle where someone elses sewer water was also floating around...

I can totally picture this in my mind and it's very disturbing... Say no more, man/(woman?), say no more!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it is a problem but overlookable dew to the wonderful rendering and detail on her and everything else.

You can't be serious, art-wise this is the very bottom of the barrel. Everyone looked as though they were found in the Pyramids of Giza and Wonder Woman was so young and skinny, it's not at all overlookable so much so that no one but you overlooked it

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't want to push Merideth out. I admire DC for giving a woman looking to break into such a male dominated profession a break a shot with WW, but not the main book, DC. You wouldn't have given Batman to a rookie writer, why do it to Wonder Woman?

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it that, despite being 6"0 without the 2 inch heels, Wonder Woman seems a few inches shorter than Aquaman? Who should I remind people, is 6"1.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't want to push Merideth out. I admire DC for giving a woman looking to break into such a male dominated profession a break a shot with WW, but not the main book, DC. You wouldn't have given Batman to a rookie writer, why do it to Wonder Woman?

And following Azzarello, one of the most highly acclaimed New 52 books of all wasn't exactly fair on her either!

Its a shame really, there are elements of this issue that are different and interesting but the bit where she lays into Swamp Thing, what was that all about?!

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FoamBorn

@bezza said:

And following Azzarello, one of the most highly acclaimed New 52 books of all wasn't exactly fair on her either!

Its a shame really, there are elements of this issue that are different and interesting but the bit where she lays into Swamp Thing, what was that all about?!

The point was that Wonder Woman's got a lot on her plate right now. I appreciate that at least she explained Wonder Woman doesn't normally roll like that whereas Tomasi portrayed her like a bit of an abrasive bitch in SM/WW

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bezza

@foamborn:

Agreed about Swamp Thing. I dropped SM/WM when Doomed came along so haven't seen the Tomasi Books. Shame, as he is one of my favourite Batman writers of recent times.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: really? He did? I didn't get that at all.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Superguy1591

@bezza: it's really weird, DC knew Azz's run was coming to an end and when. It wasn't a surprise, why then didn't they plan ahead? As far a SM/WW, Tomasi didn't make Diana a b!tch.

In my opinion, she was curious as to how the world worked and Superman misjudged her as being cold (she wasn't) in the flashback to the JL#3 meeting. In the current time span, she seems perfectly fine to me.

i want to hear what she has to say though.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: really? He did? I didn't get that at all.

Really, didn't you see the opening scene where a man's bleeding out right in front of Wonder Woman while she kept blathering on about how fragile humans are, and the bitchy scowl on her face when her boyfriend gave a taxi to an old couple. Clearly one of them is nicer than the other, stronger, and more intelligent

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Superguy1591

@foamborn:

1.) she said she wasn't going to let him die and I saw it. It didn't look like she was taunting him, it looked like she was curious as to how our world works. She said on her people usually cast out the weak, but humans protect the weakest members of society.

Again, she just came to Man's World. Everything is a mystery to her.

As far as the cab goes, I wish Tomasi and Manhke had gone with a young woman over and old couple (someone not obliged a seat). It looks as if Diana was upset at Clark for doing the right thing when she was upset that he kept giving away the cab. Basically, she was upset at his indecisiveness. Notice how he can't write because he's indecisive which stalls their date. She's the one who takes charge and stops the cab in NYC. She's the first one to take off when they notice trouble.

Yes, Clatk is written as more nicer than her. Clark is written as nicer than anyone. Stronger? Once again, Clark IS stronger than her, but both were beaten handedly and in a similar manner. At least Diana put up a fight.

More intelligent? In what way?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn:

1.) she said she wasn't going to let him die and I saw it. It didn't look like she was taunting him, it looked like she was curious as to how our world works. She said on her people usually cast out the weak, but humans protect the weakest members of society.

Again, she just came to Man's World. Everything is a mystery to her.

As far as the cab goes, I wish Tomasi and Manhke had gone with a young woman over and old couple (someone not obliged a seat). It looks as if Diana was upset at Clark for doing the right thing when she was upset that he kept giving away the cab. Basically, she was upset at his indecisiveness. Notice how he can't write because he's indecisive which stalls their date. She's the one who takes charge and stops the cab in NYC. She's the first one to take off when they notice trouble.

Yes, Clatk is written as more nicer than her. Clark is written as nicer than anyone. Stronger? Once again, Clark IS stronger than her, but both were beaten handedly and in a similar manner. At least Diana put up a fight.

More intelligent? In what way?

It didn't come across as indecisiveness to me, it seemed like heedfulness. Clark is a journalist, stringing words together as beautifully as possible is what journalists do. I understand that Wonder Woman was fresh off the boat but as far as I know that wasn't her first day at the office, she met humans before and death is certainly something that the amazons have some experience with unless they leave the wounded to die in Themyscira now too. Let's call a spade a spade, she will have come across as a bit of trigger-happy bitch to anyone who read smww today

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By movieartman

@foamborn said:
@movieartman said:

1.) You can't be serious, art-wise this is the very bottom of the barrel.

2.) it's not at all overlookable so much so that no one but you overlooked it

1.) steve dillon is bottom of the barrel the day he draws batman or especially cyborg a billionth as good and detailed as this is the day hell freezes over with me spilling liquid nitrogen off rooftops to quicken the process.

flash looks good also, superman seems thin i concede with big hair, wondy is good but the cheeky roundness in her face and thin arms. 1 other flaw i will agree with is that the image is cramped past batman and cyborg who look posed and drawn great

No Caption Provided

2.) thats cus for 35 issues chaing beat in to your heads that posing is ALL that matters sense he gave us nothing else to enjoy in his art.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn:

1.) Clark was wasn't writing for work, he was writing for himself.

2.) Even if he was writing for work, your lady comes first, Clark.

3.) I believe that was her first battle on with humans. And yes, Amazons fight till the death and believe a death in battle is an honorable death.

4.) I don't deny it, but i don't think it was their intention. It was just badly executed in some areas, but it was a good issue. I thought Tomasi wrote the story with as much fun as possible and neither character was put down to make the other shine. Most importantly, I'm glad Superman isn't a whiney biatch like under Soule.

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought it was alright for her new run. Needs work on th story and consistency on the art. He has issues drawing females above teenage level while Manke draws them too similar to his males. At least compared to before he somehow improved on that..

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Beata

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.) steve dillon is bottom of the barrel the day he draws batman or especially cyborg a billionth as good and detailed as this is the day hell freezes over with me spilling liquid nitrogen off rooftops to quicken the process.

flash looks good also, superman seems thin i concede with big hair, wondy is good but the cheeky roundness in her face and thin arms. 1 other flaw i will agree with is that the image is cramped past batman and cyborg who look posed and drawn great

No Caption Provided

2.) thats cus for 35 issues chaing beat in to your heads that posing is ALL that matters sense he gave us nothing else to enjoy in his art.

I don't want huge amounts of detail at the compromise of other more important elements, especially when it's not even good-looking detail but noise. At the end of the day that's a finely-rendered underaged lingerie model and a funny looking Superman. One of the Amazons looked like a zombie, the chinese man looked like an egyptian mummy. I don't want a finely-rendered zombie where there should be an adult woman. His work is rich in detail yet paradoxically one dimensional and flat. Minimal art is actually remarkably difficult to do right, more so than adding more and more layers of detail, that's why artists like Chris Samnee and Steve Rude boast a million eisner awards between them and Fiona Staples won the first earlier this year, the first of many hopefully.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn:

1.) Clark was wasn't writing for work, he was writing for himself.

2.) Even if he was writing for work, your lady comes first, Clark.

3.) I believe that was her first battle on with humans. And yes, Amazons fight till the death and believe a death in battle is an honorable death.

4.) I don't deny it, but i don't think it was their intention. It was just badly executed in some areas, but it was a good issue. I thought Tomasi wrote the story with as much fun as possible and neither character was put down to make the other shine. Most importantly, I'm glad Superman isn't a whiney biatch like under Soule.

It's intentional, this is the new 52 Wonder Woman, the one that dives head first into a battle, sadly without results to back up her arrogance and who always ends up on her knees

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't understand the concern with Swamp Thing "owning" her. If anything I'd be more concerned if she owned Swamp Thing.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

I don't understand the concern with Swamp Thing "owning" her. If anything I'd be more concerned if she owned Swamp Thing.

agree swampthing a very powerful person even i know that punching him wont do much

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frozen  Moderator

@maccyd said:

I agree with this.

I never expected Wonder Woman to own Swamp Thing. It would not make sense.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

I agree with this.

I never expected Wonder Woman to own Swamp Thing. It would not make sense.

God no only Superman gets to do that

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@foamborn:

Show one scan of Superman owning Swamp thing.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@foamborn: Superman and Swamp Thing had an encounter in the early Post-Crisis years. Alan Moore wrote their encounter.

Despite Superman's efforts, Swamp Thing was owning him.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By dernman

I'd like to know how Wonder Woman, from those who think she can, would own Swamp thing.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@dernman:

She'd like, punch him and stuff...

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets step back a few and ask why did Wonder Woman even fight Swamp-Thing in the first place. Cyborg said "no human life left, just plants...." Wonder Woman steps out side, see Swamp Things, screams "HE DID IT!", and kicks Swamp-Thing in the face...... What the $#!%......

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I admit I don't really know about Swamp Thing. Maybe WW shouldn't be handling him then.

Lets step back a few and ask why did Wonder Woman even fight Swamp-Thing in the first place. Cyborg said "no human life left, just plants...." Wonder Woman steps out side, see Swamp Things, screams "HE DID IT!", and kicks Swamp-Thing in the face...... What the $#!%......

I agree with this. She just took her anger out of some passers-by who's not human and seemed like a "monster" that she could legitimately throw her punches on. Not cool.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: im hoping it that god of war part of her that want to start hurting people

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I admit I don't really know about Swamp Thing. Maybe WW shouldn't be handling him then.

@judasnixon said:

I agree with this. She just took her anger out of some passers-by who's not human and seemed like a "monster" that she could legitimately throw her punches on. Not cool.

I thought that at first, in till it turns out Wonder Woman knows the Mother F-er.... She couldn't been like "Hey Swamp-Thing did you do this $#!%" and Swamp-Thing would be like "nope"....... Pointless fight avoided....