Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's redeemed but people don't change completely overnight, I pretty much expect Hera to be a resentful jealous but merciful woman these days. I think she's possibly telling the truth because she tried to save Zola, who also mothered her husband's bastard, back when Wonder Woman fought the First Born at the Westminster abbey.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I think Hades was about to march on Olympus and Poseidon thought it for the best that someone else 'calmed' the new owner first.

If Hera is telling the truth? I am not sure. It would be in her nature to keep Hippolyta like that, but it might also be that it's Hades who's keeping Hippolyta from returning (since she is technically dead in this state).

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I guess this will be a bit of a filler issue, ready for the series finale in May?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Hell vs. FB.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@bezza: Series doesn't end in May. I'm personally guessing November but that is just me.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bezza: Series doesn't end in May. I'm personally guessing November but that is just me.

That's not true at all; it may in in May, or, at the very most, in September; it won't be until November, so get your heart away from that thought.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: Wonder Woman #30 - Comic Book Resources

is Hera telling the truth?

Sea and Hell were about to throw down

Wonder Woman army getting ready

That part really pissed me off, the Amazons are getting ready for war with sticks and twine. It seems as if the emphases has to be on how primitive and backwards they are when compared to other DC societies like the Atlanteans. Anybody remember when the Amazons were bad asses that had their own technology?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now they're just mean b*tches in crooked adobe buildings.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy said:

Preview: Wonder Woman #30 - Comic Book Resources

is Hera telling the truth?

Sea and Hell were about to throw down

Wonder Woman army getting ready

That part really pissed me off, the Amazons are getting ready for war with sticks and twine. It seems as if the emphases has to be on how primitive and backwards they are when compared to other DC societies like the Atlanteans. Anybody remember when the Amazons were bad asses that had their own technology?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now they're just mean b*tches in crooked adobe buildings.

Think we all remember how gut-wrentchingly stupid that was.

No Caption Provided

Thats how it should look.

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: You knew its bad when Amazons Attack does it better. The amazons should not be low-rent kryptonians

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Amazons had their own technology since their inception, the Kryptonians have nothing to do with it.

No Caption Provided

It's fine if you want to read about a bunch of backwards, basic b*tches fighting with swords, spears and sticks, but I don't see the point. I can read National Geographic for free at my local library.

It's also ludicrous to suggest giants, ogres and magic bees that suddenly appear from nowhere, are somehow superior to technology based on a crystal. If you ask me, it's the magic bees that are "gut-wrentchingly stupid".

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: You don't see the point? Well I will direct your attention to the Green Lantern section of the universe, more specifically; the Star Sapphires, an advanced, all-female 'tribe' of blaster-wielders led by actual Space Amazons.

@outside_85: You knew its bad when Amazons Attack does it better. The amazons should not be low-rent kryptonians

No, they should be upscale Spartans.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, they should be upscale Spartans.

But the amazons are basically a stagnant tribe of women who haven't changed a bit in three millennia whereas the men's world came a hell of a long way. They could somehow bring the Amazons to the 21 century without losing the classical greek theme with a little bit of imagination like they've done with Asgard.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Outside_85

@archizoom: Well, Kirby managed that by turning gods into space aliens.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArchiZoom

@outside_85: well I think Themyscira could be refashioned into something resembling Laputa's Castle in the Sky where the Amazons would've evolved towards community with nature hence the name Paradise Island. They would've developed technology to maximize their limited resources, eliminated diseases, protected ecosystems etc whereas men would've gone down a different evolutionary path.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@dshipp17:

It would be nice if it went onto Sept, but my comic book guys reckoned we only had issue 30 and 31 to go, so will have to see!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: I'd rather they stick with blessings of the gods tbh.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom said:

@outside_85: well I think Themyscira could be refashioned into something resembling Laputa's Castle in the Sky where the Amazons would've evolved towards community with nature hence the name Paradise Island. They would've developed technology to maximize their limited resources, eliminate diseases, protect ecosystems etc whereas men would've gone down a different evolutionary path.

No Caption Provided

The effed up part is we had that, but they took it all away and replaced it with spears and crooked buildings. God forbid the Amazons be a formidable society like the Atlanteans. No, they have to be backwards, basic b*tches, because they're women and can't be put on too high a pedestal or it alienates male readers. They can't even make their own weapons, although they mostly consist of swords, spears and arrows, because women can't be blacksmiths and it's so nice for them to have a man around the house that makes all that stuff for them.

What's funny is they don't make art, statues, refined architecture or fabric in colors other than earth tones either. What have they been doing with their time all these years? I mean besides raping men, committing murder and selling babies? It's not like we've seen any books on the island. But then they'd have to be able to read and I don't think they can.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: Olympus forbid the Amazons actually being cool rather than some bastard offspring of a Flash Gordon show.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: Olympus forbid the Amazons actually being cool rather than some bastard offspring of a Flash Gordon show.

I'm just glad you realize they're not cool. They're backwards, basic b*tches. The fact you're finally admitting it, shows progress.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: Read more carefully then, I am saying your dream vision of the Amazons is the embodiment of not cool.

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magical floating island aside, I feel that would be impossible for a culturally and socially advanced society like Themyscira to not develope some kind of technology...

They have limited resources (if we don't consider resources of magic/divine origin), but unlimited energy (magic/divine). Immortal people can suffer the absence of new brains, but imagine the amount of ideas one could gather in thousands of years (maybe by divine inspiration too?). And they could spy the outside world! And imagine thousands of years of research without dark ages/obscurantism!

Thousand of years of cultural / tachnical stasis is would make them... the an unbelievable dystopian failure!

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@scorpio_cassadine: Read more carefully then, I am saying your dream vision of the Amazons is the embodiment of not cool.

You should write more carefully, that's why I made sure to quote you in my reply. You wouldn't know cool if James Dean, James Brown, Jim Morrisson,John Lennon, Big L, Biggie, Pimp C and Tupac awoke from the dead, knocked on your front door and asked you to hit the blunt.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@scorpio_cassadine: You want Sci-Fi Wonder Woman? Why!? Those scans you posted look terrible. This is a major reason why you don't read Azzarello's run? Pathetic.