Why do you love Wonder Woman?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ZhuRong

The title is self-explanatory. Now get on with your reasons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Go post that on the "Why I don't like Wonder Woman thread" *side eyes*

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

I don't.

Gee. Thanks for your effort, especially reading the title and knew what it meant.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBlondeGod
Credits to owner
Credits to owner

Why do I love Wonder Woman?

Ever since I saw and knew her there are a lot of things that made me undeniably appreciate her. I've narrowed those things and made importance to what made me love her:

1. Female Empowerment

As far as we know, she's one of the original founder of Justice League. Being raised into a different place with a mindset that men are cruel, men are beasts, men are evil but when she came into the world, to expose herself and make use of her Godly abilities and skills useful, she did made herself notable just by standing along with men with other powers, heck some are powerful than her. I perceive her like this and made me love her is because she showed not only to the comics but also to the whole world that she's a hope. A hope for the girls who didn't know they could fight, for the women who thought that they are below men. She's an embodiment of women's liberation, for women to become more prominent.

2. Skills and Abilities

It's pretty obvious, who wouldn't love her martial combat? Probably some haters, of course. Kick here, kick there. Punch here, punch there. Her strength has been testified by some supers that are a bit or more powerful than her but due to her skills and logic in war she sure know how to win against her enemies. And she doesn't give up just because she's losing. She has a straight goal when it comes to her enemies, it's to win. How? With her inhuman skills and abilities. Plus her lasso and sword

3. Empathy

This emotional capacity she has is some thing I noticed, especially in her New 52 run. She is able to understand and share the feelings of others. She doesn't want her friends to get hurt, if only she could take the enemies all out she could. Wonder Woman encompasses different or wide emotions. Most noticeable, I think is her desire to help. She will help her Team, her family, and the people she love no matter what. With this being said, she isn't afraid to explore relationships especially now that she's the current lover of Superman. I wonder if they had sex already.

4. Confidence and Intellect

Yep, she's some times a bit too confident to herself but she wouldn't even dare say, do or promise it if she isn't one hundred percent sure about herself. I love that confidence she shows. And for her intellect, I admire her for showing great arguments with other superheroes.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ganon15

She's beautiful, and she kicks serious arse. I do mostly have to thank the 2009 movie for making me a fan of her though, I like how she's based around Greek mythology

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what do you like about a women

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I love her because she's strong.

Strong in will power, strong in physical strength, strong in compassion, strong in conviction, strong in justice, strong in love, strong in defeating those who seek to destroy and strong in fighting for those who need protection.

That she's a woman comes second to all that but having said that, it's still really cool to have such a strong female character to refer and look up to.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Credits to owner
Credits to owner

Why do I love Wonder Woman?

Ever since I saw and knew her there are a lot of things that made me undeniably appreciate her. I've narrowed those things and made importance to what made me love her:

1. Female Empowerment

As far as we know, she's one of the original founder of Justice League. Being raised into a different place with a mindset that men are cruel, men are beasts, men are evil but when she came into the world, to expose herself and make use of her Godly abilities and skills useful, she did made herself notable just by standing along with men with other powers, heck some are powerful than her. I perceive her like this and made me love her is because she showed not only to the comics but also to the whole world that she's a hope. A hope for the girls who didn't know they could fight, for the women who thought that they are below men. She's an embodiment of women's liberation, for women to become more prominent.

2. Skills and Abilities

It's pretty obvious, who wouldn't love her martial combat? Probably some haters, of course. Kick here, kick there. Punch here, punch there. Her strength has been testified by some supers that are a bit or more powerful than her but due to her skills and logic in war she sure know how to win against her enemies. And she doesn't give up just because she's loosing. She has a straight goal when it comes to her enemies, it's to win. How? With her inhuman skills and abilities. Plus her lasso and sword

3. Empathy

This emotional capacity she has is some thing I noticed, especially in her New 52 run. She is able to understand and share the feelings of others. She doesn't want her friends to get hurt, if only she could take the enemies all out she could. Wonder Woman encompasses different or wide emotions. Most noticeable, I think is her desire to help. She will help her Team, her family, and the people she love no matter what. With this being said, she isn't afraid to explore relationships especially now that she's the current lover of Superman. I wonder if they had sex already.

4. Confidence and Intellect

Yep, she's some times a bit too confident to herself but she wouldn't even dare say, do or promise it if she isn't one hundred percent sure about herself. I love that confidence she shows. And for her intellect, I admire her for showing great arguments with other superheroes.

This response is very close to my thoughts. I would add that I think she is a symbol for a lot of people who are not women as well. Any of us who have felt like outsiders looking into the world can identify with her empowerment messages. I've always been drawn to characters that don't quite fit into the perfect world.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that under a good writer, she's the ideal woman. too bad she gets stuck with hacks way too often...

for real though, i love her because of

-her ties to greek myth

-her superman tier power

-her compassion

-that she's not a double standard(unlike a lot of her fans)

-that her approach to feminism (under a good writer) reminds me of susan b anthony in that she's more concerned with elevating woman then demonizing men through hypocritical propaganda (like some of the crazy, modern day neo-feminists ex. dcwomankickingass).

-that she continues to be a front runner amongst dc despite now having the numerous aclaimed runs and sales of superman and batman

-that she was a strong female lead for the longest time(these newbies need to recognize)

-that she outgrew her intended purpose marston had envisionsed thanks to perez and co and became more.

-that she defies the trope that a strong female can't be straight(innuendo doesn't count)

-that her sense of right and wrong was able to change her sisters for the better, and that she didn't condone her families views of men(which were never justified*the actions of hercules and co do not define all men yada yada.)

-that she is not defined by who she sleeps with

-that not her all her fans are man hating bigots who engage in the same behavior she wouldn't condone(especially like the ones on tumblr)

-that she inspired me, a man, to be comfortable in calling himself a feminist

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Appreciated that I was having perceiving her the same. :)

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Because Azzarello did a fantastic job with the character.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By amazing_webhead

'Cuz she kicks ass

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

I love her because she's strong.

Strong in will power, strong in physical strength, strong in compassion, strong in conviction, strong in justice, strong in love, strong in defeating those who seek to destroy and strong in fighting for those who need protection.

That she's a woman comes second to all that but having said that, it's still really cool to have such a strong female character to refer and look up to.

you took the out of my mouth,also despite what people say about her she can really be a good role model or a person\character to look up to...................way better than miley cyrus or nicki minaj

@farkam said:

I don't.

then why did you bother to comment

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FoamBorn

@ganon15 said:

@foamborn: thoughts? :)

I like Wonder Woman because she's everything I am, in my dreams.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I don't.

_Darkwing_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because she's hot.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like her because she is an attractive and a interesting character.

bukdiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's pretty and Azzarello's run was cool as hell. A bad ass goddess trashing people but could think on her feet too

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Because she is a grade A badass. She is also very hot and the main reason why I got into DC in the first place.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@hirev_starman said:

The main reason why I got into DC in the first place.

I was gonna write this down but you know.. ^

Anyways I like Wonder Woman because well like Lola said, she's strong. She taught me that women can be just as strong as men and can hang with men in just about anything. This inspired me because well I'm a girl and growing up, I did meet some sexist people (only a few not a lot). I also loved her Amazon background. I love Greek Mythology and In grade 6 when we were doing Greek Mythology I asked if we were gonna learn about the Amazons. My teacher only did a small tidbit about them but a student in my class did reference Wonder Woman hehe :)

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ganon15

She still doesn't look Wonder Woman-ish

November 26, 2014
November 26, 2014

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By dernman

@ganon15 said:

November 26, 2014
November 26, 2014

From that pic the only area she's improved on is her shoulders.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ganon15

@dernman: Yep. This was the closest Wonder Woman I could find that somewhat resembles her now:

No Caption Provided

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

November 26, 2014
November 26, 2014

There's some speculation that she's instagramming old photos but I kind of think she looks okay in this one.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dernman

Let me lay some truth down in this thread.

"I llike her for what I think she should be more than what she actually is."

I think that could apply for many here and for others......

"I like the idea of her more than I actually do her"

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FoamBorn

@dernman said:

To probably all of us actually since Wonder Woman's never the same person twice. The character we like is basically a mental construction, she's what Jimenez calls a "pliable" character.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

So do you like WW?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

@dernman said:

So do you like WW?

I like the versions in my head.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Agent_Z

@dernman said:

@agent_z said:

@dernman said:

So do you like WW?

I like the versions in my head.

If you don't mind what are they? How do you see her?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

She based of Myths but not being a myth itself unlike Thor or Hercules.

Magical emenies.