Who would you say are her top 5 villains?

• 94 results
Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

I was wondering who you all thought are her top 5 villains. I would say Ares, Cheetah, Circe, Doctor Psycho, and Strife.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Pretty much your list, except i'd switch Strife for Giganta.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: Yeah she somehow slipped my mind.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

All those mentioned swapping strife for giganta, I also feel like there is someone missing

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: Yeah I dont know who is missing but someone is.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jphulk26

My personal favorite

1. Alkyone and The Circle (Many people disagree)

2. = Ares and Dr. Psycho

3. = Venessa Cale (Ruckas version), Maxwell Lord, Baroness Von Gunther

4. The Crow Children (In Simone´s run. They were really fun in my opinion)

5. Cheetah

Honorable mention (Because I love the concept, hate the execution): Dr. Poison, Genocide, Angle ManOnes I hate: Giganta, Silver Swann, Dr. Cyber, Eviless and others of that ilk.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

1. Cheetah
  2. Ares
  3. Circe
  4. there was a renegade Amazon named Artemis, right?
  5. Dr. Psycho
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Cool list though I kind of like Giganta. I mean sure she just gets really big but its still cool to see.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By amazing_webhead
TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. Cheetah
  2. Circe
  3. Ares
  4. Giganta
  5. Strife
Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Ares, Circe, and Cheetah are obviously the top three. Doctor Psycho is a pretty clear number four. She hasn't really had any other regulars in a long time. Pre-crisis I think that fifth spot would go to either Duke of Deception, Angle Man, or Doctor Cyber. Out of those three I think Doctor Cyber rounds out the list best.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty much agree that it's (in no particular order)

Ares, Cheetah, Giganta, Circe and Psycho

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jphulk26

@csg_cl said:

Why is Giganta on everyones list? Lol. Am i the only one who has never liked her. Haha. All the rest I understand, just not that one. I would put Max Lord, Alkyone or Venessa Cale before her. Hell, even Sephano or The Gorgan sisters. But then again I hate all size altering characters wasp, ant man, atom. All stupid to me.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

1. Circe, I feel like if Wonder Woman needed an iconic villain that's been around for nearly the time she has it's be her.
2. First Born, I know a lot will disagree but I just loved the concept behind this character. As WW is a champion for love, he is a champion for hatred and even then she still loves him and finds some sort of compassion for him.
3. Cheetah, She's just one of those iconic villains in her mythos.
4. Giganta for the same reason as Cheetah, she's iconic but I'm glad they changed her back story.
5. Ares before the New 52 but to be fair I did like him as a mentor more than a villain. I don't know, it just made sense to me.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I have to wonder 'Top 5' as what exactly? Threat level? Popularity?

Top 5 most popular:

1. Cheetah
  2. Giganta
  3. Dr. Psycho
  4. Ares
  5. Circe

Top 5 threats (with better stories to boot):

1. Ares
  2. Circe
  3. First Born
  4. Nemesis
  5. Alkyone
Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Dr. Psycho

2. Circe

3. Cheetah

4. Giganta

5. Silver Swan

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
@csg_cl said:

Why is Giganta on everyones list? Lol. Am i the only one who has never liked her. Haha. All the rest I understand, just not that one. I would put Max Lord, Alkyone or Venessa Cale before her. Hell, even Sephano or The Gorgan sisters. But then again I hate all size altering characters wasp, ant man, atom. All stupid to me.

I put her on here for a few reasons, but it boil down to this ... she's a classic WW villain who has been around for a long time and has made many appearances, is very well known and has appeared in many animated versions as well as the comics. It's not so much about liking her or not liking her for me ... it's about her being a character people recognize. On the flip side of that argument I'm not sure most folks would realize she's one of WW's rogues as she's been co-opted nearly every animated appearance to be the arch-villain of others (Apache Chief) or (my personal favorite version) as the lackey of Grodd in JLU.

Certainly some of the characters you mention are better villains with better motivations, but I was listing who I thought were her most high profile villains, but I suppose the OP just asked for her "top 5" ... given that Giganta rarely appears as anything other than someone else's "muscle" I would have to say that Vanessa or Alkyone are certainly higher caliber foes.

I tend to agree with you on the size altering characters ... although I don't dislike Atom as much as the others for some reason ... possibly because I thought they did a good job with making him semi-amusing in the JLU cartoons ... I know it's juvenile, but I laugh every time I see the episode when WW shoves him in her cleavage

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

1. Dr. Psycho (sometimes teamed with Veronica Cale). 2. Cheetah 3. Giganta 4. Circe. 5. Silver Swan

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares, Cheetah, Giganta, Dr Psycho, Circe

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@outside_85 said:

Top 5 most popular:

1. Cheetah
  2. Giganta
  3. Dr. Psycho
  4. Ares
  5. Circe

1. Ares
  2. Circe
  3. First Born
  4. Nemesis
  5. Alkyone

Powerwise Cheetah when writen properly is certainly a bigger thread than First Born who doesn't even have many feats. And Alkyone is not a physical thread to Diana. Cheetah is far more powerful than her. Nemesis has no powers. If we make a list about WW's top 5 villans based on raw power alone. It'd be.

1)Ares.

2)Circe.

3)Genocide.

4)Devastation.

5)Cheetah.

come now, Cheetah can't compete with First Born who wiped the floor with Ares, Orion and Diana and Apollo and Demeter ... he may not have been the best character, but his power levels are well above anyone on your list with the possible exception of Circe and Ares in his prime.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I love that part. Its so funny.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@outside_85 said:

Top 5 most popular:

1. Cheetah
  2. Giganta
  3. Dr. Psycho
  4. Ares
  5. Circe

1. Ares
  2. Circe
  3. First Born
  4. Nemesis
  5. Alkyone

Powerwise Cheetah when writen properly is certainly a bigger thread than First Born who doesn't even have many feats. And Alkyone is not a physical thread to Diana. Cheetah is far more powerful than her. Nemesis has no powers. If we make a list about WW's top 5 villans based on raw power alone. It'd be.

You have a problem there: 'Cheetah written properly' When has that ever happened? And no, being fast and having claws does not make her more powerful than a guy who went about killing gods and dragons with his bare hands. Alkyone is/was a threat because she (for a time atleast) managed to turn everyone Diana cared about against her. I meant Nemesis the deity, the one responsible for the Odyssey timeline.

Reason I am looking past Genocide and Devastation is the small note I made before the list: 'with better stories to boot'; which neither of those two have, otherwise we would have seen them again.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about Cheetah but she is basically a female version of Killer Croc.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like it's pretty much just an argument over who number five it. Giganta seems to be the most popular choice, but I wasn't counting her because I see her as more of a henchman. I can't think of any stories where she wasn't working for someone else.

I'm still giving the final slot to Doctor Cyber.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like most of Diana's mythos should be gods, demons and mystics. All these other outside characters don't make sense as villains.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@outside_85: Cheetah has been writen properly and has defeated WW more than once.

She has enough super strength and durability to trade blows with WW and is faster than WW.

First Born killing gods that aren't impressive is not a feat.

All New 52 olympian gods are a joke next to their Pre 52 versions.

Devastation and Genocide are above him as well. Doesn't matter if they had small roles. Powerwise they are bigger threads in WW's rogue gallery.

No, only once, by Perez, 30 years ago.

No, she doesn't, Diana can go a long way matching speeds with the Flash. The only time Cheetah has done the same is when she suckerpunches or ambushes them.

Killing gods is a feat, period.

Hmm, let me think... Ah yes, I remember these weak and unimpressive Gods of the New 52, one spent the better part of the New 52 being a proper damsel, and then she flattened Darkseid's son with the pavement. And then we have a guy who's chief functuction is poetry, archery and sunlight who slapped Superman across the room. They as a group are already looking in much better shape than they used to be. The only exception to this is Ares.

With what feats? Beating Diana?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@outside_85: False.

• WW is nowhere near Flash speed.
  • Orion Jobbed to First Born. Based on feats from both. Orion shouldn't have lost,specially not that easily and not whith WW's help.
  • Cheetah has blitzed WW more than once. And no. Cheetah has defeated WW more than once after Perez era. Cheetah has been able to give WW a run for her money many times.
  • You better not use bad writing against her because WW has been humiliated by characters far below her tier more times than Cheetah though her career. Which goes to prove a point about her villans. You will never see them being taken seriously if DC doesn't take WW more seriously first.
  • How many times did WW lose to Batman?,Against brute?. Struggled with Aquaman?,Deathstroke,etc. She has been defeated by normal humans too. Like a woman with a gun that had no powers or combat experience and KO WW by using the gun to hit her in the face. All characters suffer from this from time to time. If it has happended many times to A listers including the biggest female super hero of all time. Then it can happen to Cheetah,
  • But it doesn't change the fact that Cheetah is powered up by god and has been able to give WW a run for her money more than once.

• I said she was a long way towards being as fast as him, just like Superman
  • You say he jobbed, but who else has he fought? Superman and Hal Jordan? Or maybe you are just pretending FB wouldn't demolish Superman if they got into a fight.
  • Show us some then. And try to find one that doesn't end with Diana just taking off the kid gloves before putting the smack down.
  • It just goes to show DC doesn't consider the mortal adversaries of Wonder Woman to be nearly as formiddable as the immortal ones; and they are right to do so.
  • No the difference is that when it happens to Wonder Woman, it is generally considered to be piss poor writing or pandering to the other party. When it happens to Cheetah it's just part of a consistent trend thats been going on for decades.
  • Cursed by a plant god, and only allowed to give Diana trouble when allowed.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@outside_85: Cheetah has been writen properly and has defeated WW more than once. She has enough super strength and durability to trade blows with WW and is faster than WW. First Born killing gods that aren't impressive is not a feat. All New 52 olympian gods are a joke next to their Pre 52 versions. Devastation and Genocide are above him as well. Doesn't matter if they had small roles. Powerwise they are bigger threads in WW's rogue gallery.

You and your head canon

No Caption Provided

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@redatom1234: Yeah I dont know who is missing but someone is.

Probably one Azz's creations, either Apollo or First Born would be the most suitable.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@csg_cl said:
@agent41 said:

@outside_85: Cheetah has been writen properly and has defeated WW more than once. She has enough super strength and durability to trade blows with WW and is faster than WW. First Born killing gods that aren't impressive is not a feat. All New 52 olympian gods are a joke next to their Pre 52 versions. Devastation and Genocide are above him as well. Doesn't matter if they had small roles. Powerwise they are bigger threads in WW's rogue gallery.

You and your head canon

No Caption Provided

That's good and all. But it doesn't put him on SM's level or above. Being able to send SM flying with a punch is not enough to say FB is so powerful because he beat Apollo. Any of DC big heavy hitters can do the same Apollo did. Cheetah also has enough power to send SM flying with a hit. But i wouldn't say she is as strong as SM.

The reason why this is impressive and better than Cheetah is because he does it with a simple slap, while Superman's retaliation with full on power simply puts Apollo on his ass.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Outside_85

@agent41 said:
@csg_cl said:
@agent41 said:

You and your head canon

No Caption Provided

That's good and all. But it doesn't put him on SM's level or above. Being able to send SM flying with a punch is not enough to say FB is so powerful because he beat Apollo. Any of DC big heavy hitters can do the same Apollo did. Cheetah also has enough power to send SM flying with a hit. But i wouldn't say she is as strong as SM.

If Cheetah had that kind of power, we would have seen it by now through her many encounters with the nearly as powerful Diana. And in regards to FB, there is also Orion, whom Superman didn't beat but FB did.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Redatom1234

@csg_cl: @agent41: @outside_85: you have to admit though...that scan is pretty funny. The way superman got hit..LOL!

Which comic is that from? Is it one of azzarellos? Cause the art looks different but considering apollos there I'm not too sure

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@csg_cl: @agent41: @outside_85: you have to admit though...that scan is pretty funny. The way superman got hit..LOL!

Which comic is that from? Is it one of azzarellos? Cause the art looks different but considering apollos there I'm not too sure

That's from an issue of Superman/Wonder Woman, somewhere shortly after issue 5.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: ah. Then I might have passed it. I'll look back over, thanks btw