• 105 results
Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Who thinks Wonder Woman and Superman make a great couple (118 votes)

Yes! 27%
No! 55%
Don't Care 13%
Its a bad choice but it needed to be done 4%

I created account and started this poll because I wanted to here the opinions of other comic fans. Personally I detest the relationship because to me the relationship is basically is "Hey I'm the most powerful woman" and "I'm the most powerful man lets date". But I am open to other opinions please feel free to share them

#51 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_zatura said:

@veronicacris said:

I think they are exagerating with the WW warrior portrayal, she only kills in extreme situations. But in JL #22 seems to be more common than it. this is the way to create tension between her and Superman.

I think Trinity should be platonic, only friends.

I think they should show her warrior side even more. After all she is a warrior they aren't exactly known for subduing their enemies non lethally.

I couldn't agree more. I mean its obvious that they would develop feelings for one another but they shouldn't act on those emotions ever.

But she is no only a simple Warrior, she is the warrior of peace. Was never Marston intention her being a violent warrior.

you put the most iconic male superhero (wait, this is batman no?) and the most iconic female, so what? you will merge teo of the most iconic superheroes, bad move

I know the font is not the better, but a girl tweeted that Johns said that SMWW isn't going anywhere.

Yes I know Marston never intended for her to be a violent warrior. I don't think that she should just start decapitating people left and right. But she is a warrior. Any warriors know that peace cannot be obtained without threats or violence. Do you think if Doomsday landed in Themiscyra that the Amazons would attempt to pacify him.

What does he mean by that ? That the relationship isn't going anywhere or that they are set on the idea. If its the latter then I knew that. I just wanted to see if I was the only one who thought it was a horrible idea.

Also is it me or just is seem that Superman's anniversary gift is him dating Wonder Woman.

#52 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_zatura said:

@powerherc: Care to say more

I think Superman and Wonder Woman make a great couple. I'm glad they're together.

The Superman & Lois Lane romance is so tired, stale and played-out it's beggars description.

Wonder Woman has never had a non-hero love interest worthy of her and, since she's the best and most iconic female superhero, it makes sense for her to be with the best and most iconic male superhero. Their similar power-levels also make for a good physical match.

Wonder Woman doesn't need a love interest. She's supposed to love everyone. Yes Woman Woman is the most iconic female superhero. She may be my favorite but I don't think she is the best, she is close though. Superman may be iconic but he's not the best. Just because the they are iconic doesn't mean they belong together. Would you place Spider man with Storm (I'm assuming that she is Marvel's most iconic female). As for the the power levels I personally think that is a crummy reason to put them together. Would you place Killer Frost in a relationship with Captain Cold or Mr. Freeze because they manipulate ice? What about Poison Ivy and Swamp thing? It makes the relationship seem shallow because the Wonder Woman I know wouldn't date Clark just because he is powerful.

#53 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@scorpio_cassadine: Right, so every counterpart should be put together?

Someone ought to tell X-23 to steer clear of Wolverine.

And for the record, Wonder Woman's creation had nothing to do with Superman. Marsten wanted to create a superhero that fought for peace and love, and his wife suggested a woman. Best to check before spouting nonsense.

Um he ascribed to the belief that men, due to their aggressive natures were less qualified to lead the world than women. His idea of a Utopia is a land ran by woman.

He was also a sadist, and advocate of polyamory, which is is of course why Wonder Woman's original weakness was being bound by a man.

He wanted Wonder Woman to be powerful and fierce, but with the allure and beauty of a woman and to overcome obstacles with love. She is a very interesting counterpart to Superman. And they really do seem like the perfect fit to me.

Per my wife: She said she likes the Batman Wonder Woman relationship because of the dominatrix aspect, because Wonder Woman can basically throw Batman around like a rag doll, and he is defenseless. LoL, I cannot say I agree with her viewpoint.

#54 Edited by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

I thinks this is a great relationhip. Lois is no longer needed and should be killed off.

LOL @ the haters being upset. Get over it. Superman/WW relationship was long overdue. It's finally here in N52 and is here to stay.

#55 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@scorpio_cassadine: Right, so every counterpart should be put together?

Someone ought to tell X-23 to steer clear of Wolverine.

And for the record, Wonder Woman's creation had nothing to do with Superman. Marsten wanted to create a superhero that fought for peace and love, and his wife suggested a woman. Best to check before spouting nonsense.

I don't have to check $#*t bruh, you're the one that doesn't know what they're talking about.

"Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."

William Moulton Marston

"Marston used a pen name that combined his middle name with that of Gaines to create Charles Moulton. Marston intended his character, which he called "Suprema", to be "tender, submissive, peaceloving as good women are," combining "all the strength of a Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman." His character was a native of an all-female utopia who became a crime-fighting U.S. government agent, using her superhuman strength and agility, and her ability to force villains to tell the truth by binding them with her magic lasso. Her appearance, including her heavy silver bracelets (which she used to deflect bullets), was based somewhat on Olive Byrne."

I understand that you're angry and I don't care. Attacking me doesn't help your point. It would be my suggestion that you read up on the subject before spewing misinformation, especially in such a rude and condescending manner. It only makes you look foolish.

#56 Posted by judasnixon (7233 posts) - - Show Bio

#57 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (807 posts) - - Show Bio

#58 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

@mr_zatura said:

I think Superman and Wonder Woman make a great couple. I'm glad they're together.

The Superman & Lois Lane romance is so tired, stale and played-out it's beggars description.

Wonder Woman has never had a non-hero love interest worthy of her and, since she's the best and most iconic female superhero, it makes sense for her to be with the best and most iconic male superhero. Their similar power-levels also make for a good physical match.

Wonder Woman doesn't need a love interest. She's supposed to love everyone. Yes Woman Woman is the most iconic female superhero. She may be my favorite but I don't think she is the best, she is close though. Superman may be iconic but he's not the best. Just because the they are iconic doesn't mean they belong together. Would you place Spider man with Storm (I'm assuming that she is Marvel's most iconic female). As for the the power levels I personally think that is a crummy reason to put them together. Would you place Killer Frost in a relationship with Captain Cold or Mr. Freeze because they manipulate ice? What about Poison Ivy and Swamp thing? It makes the relationship seem shallow because the Wonder Woman I know wouldn't date Clark just because he is powerful.

I agree; characters shouldn't be together romantically just because they are iconic. Disagree about Wonder Woman not needing a love interest.

#59 Edited by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_zatura said:

@powerherc said:

@mr_zatura said:

I agree; characters shouldn't be together romantically just because they are iconic. Disagree about Wonder Woman not needing a love interest.

Why does she need a love interest? Who would you pair her up with?

#60 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: ........gross. Dirty sex is dirty

#61 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_zatura: I don't think so. They wud probably marry them off before stuff like that wud b shown

#62 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by dshipp17 (1182 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: ........gross. Dirty sex is dirty

I think one is being mean and selfish to his woman if he thinks giving her a deluge of oral copulation is gross, along with traditional sex; also, all types of pleasurable kinks are very important for her healthy sex life, as long as you're her man.

#64 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: Eeeewww still gross, get a bigger...........lol nvm

#65 Posted by Danieles (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Its time to give a Wonder Woman a true, durable, Love Interest, and Superman is the best one for that: you see, only wonder woman can tolerates Superman's Super Strenght. Any other human male will not fits with the Queen of Amazons, Just imagine also: their kids. Who could manage , as mother, super enhanced children? Wonder woman she does! Who can manage a super baby in her womb? Wonder woman coulds. Also, i hate Louis Lane, she is so arrogant and bitchly.

#66 Posted by Wondy_X_Supes (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Wondy <3 X Supes Forever!

#67 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieles said:

Its time to give a Wonder Woman a true, durable, Love Interest, and Superman is the best one for that: you see, only wonder woman can tolerates Superman's Super Strenght. Any other human male will not fits with the Queen of Amazons, Just imagine also: their kids. Who could manage , as mother, super enhanced children? Wonder woman she does! Who can manage a super baby in her womb? Wonder woman coulds. Also, i hate Louis Lane, she is so arrogant and bitchly.

So you would sacrifice the character of WW just because Lois is bitchy and to turn WW into a freakin housewife. Also you mean to tell me that Clark isn't arrogant. It doesn't matter if they fit power wise they dont fit character wise.

#68 Posted by darkman61288 (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_zatura: He said something similar in the What do we want from Superman Wonder Woman.

i supports that. Instead of that, i wanna see them married, she as Superman's housewife and the mother of his children.

#69 Posted by Danieles (124 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, yes: who could be the best wife a superhero? well a woman that knows very well what's to be a superhero. But its not only because i hate Louis Lane; its because wonder woman really needs to be more feminine, and more woman. I never saw her concerned because her colleagues doesnt see her as a woman, and she is not a mother.

#70 Edited by spider11211 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go out of the norm here and say that she should get with Captain America.

#71 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

If written well, they could be a good couple. DC has not done anything with the relationship, so we got all this hype and no delivery.

#72 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Edited by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288 said:

@mr_zatura: He said something similar in the What do we want from Superman Wonder Woman.

i supports that. Instead of that, i wanna see them married, she as Superman's housewife and the mother of his children.

If you are serious or agree with his statement see spoiler.

Then to continue the route of killing off a characters development. I say WW and supes get married she has about three kids. But one day she drowns one drowns in a rage because the was on her period(aren't stereotypes awesome).Afterwords Clark doesn't feel the same about Diana so he seeks counsel in Bruce. Clark eventually falls in love with Bruce and after a few nights of bat passion Clark decides he wants to tell Diana about the two of them. But Bruce doesn't want Clark to do that because Diana didn't sign a prenup(actually its because Bruce was sticking to her too). Clark decides it best not to tell her. It all works out until one day they each receive a letter stating that the writer knows their secrets and that they will release them to the public if they don't meet at the stated location. So they meet at the designated spot only to find that the people with their secrets was none other than the Joker and Harley(Gaggy is there too). They seem to sitting on a pile of evidence that depicts all the deviant sexual acts the three have performed and some pictures of pancake for shits and giggles. They ask Joker what he wants in return of the pictures. He pulls out a crowbar (yes the same one he used on jason todd) and says that he and Harley only want to join their little triangle. after a quick huddle they quickly agree that this must stay out of the public eye.What ensues is an orgy of epic proportions. Afterwords they each awaken to find a note on their chest from Bruce stating that no matter how amazing he was last night that justice will always be his only love.

Sounds great right.Because changing a character drastically so that they can be used as a sexual object by another is just awesome!

@danieles Why does does she need to be be more feminine. Why would you reduce the most iconic female superhero into a common house wife. Are you sexist

#75 Edited by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

#76 Posted by Danieles (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288 said:

Then to continue the route of killing off a characters development. I say WW and supes get married she has about three kids. But one day she drowns one drowns in a rage because the was on her period(aren't stereotypes awesome).Afterwords Clark doesn't feel the same about Diana so he seeks counsel in Bruce. Clark eventually falls in love with Bruce and after a few nights of bat passion Clark decides he wants to tell Diana about the two of them. But Bruce doesn't want Clark to do that because Diana didn't sign a prenup(actually its because Bruce was sticking to her too). Clark decides it best not to tell her. It all works out until one day they each receive a letter stating that the writer knows their secrets and that they will release them to the public if they don't meet at the stated location. So they meet at the designated spot only to find that the people with their secrets was none other than the Joker and Harley(Gaggy is there too). They seem to sitting on a pile of evidence that depicts all the deviant sexual acts the three have performed and some pictures of pancake for shits and giggles. They ask Joker what he wants in return of the pictures. He pulls out a crowbar (yes the same one he used on jason todd) and says that he and Harley only want to join their little triangle. after a quick huddle they quickly agree that this must stay out of the public eye.What ensues is an orgy of epic proportions. Afterwords they each awaken to find a note on their chest from Bruce stating that no matter how amazing he was last night that justice will always be his only love.

Sounds great right.Because changing a character drastically so that they can be used as a sexual object by another is just awesome!

@danieles . Why would you reduce the most iconic female superhero into a common house wife. Are you sexist

"Why does does she need to be be more feminine", because she is a woman, and she has no right to represent/protects all women in the world, being a superheroine, without what makes a woman: her femininity. When you asks me if im a sexist, well Wonder woman's amazons are more sexist than me, but anybody complains, since they has a only women civilization, with a lot of misandry, where men doesnt even be mentioned. There is no problem to be a housewife, and to be a superheroine: when you deines what could makes a wonder woman , a true woman, the capability to love a man, and to be pregnant , you deny what the entire concept to be a woman. I find much more sexist , and an insult to women, the fact that wonder woman uses masculine superpowers/behavior/look/attributes instead feminine ones.

#77 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieles said:

@mr_zatura said:

@darkman61288 said:

@danieles . Why would you reduce the most iconic female superhero into a common house wife. Are you sexist

"Why does does she need to be be more feminine", because she is a woman, and she has no right to represent/protects all women in the world, being a superheroine, without what makes a woman: her femininity. When you asks me if im a sexist, well Wonder woman's amazons are more sexist than me, but anybody complains, since they has a only women civilization, with a lot of misandry, where men doesnt even be mentioned. There is no problem to be a housewife, and to be a superheroine: when you deines what could makes a wonder woman , a true woman, the capability to love a man, and to be pregnant , you deny what the entire concept to be a woman. I find much more sexist , and an insult to women, the fact that wonder woman uses masculine superpowers/behavior/look/attributes instead feminine ones.

So as a woman she can't be masculine. As a woman she must be attracted to Superman because he is stronger. As a woman she must stop her quest to protect mans world to pop out babies. The ability to love a man does not equal femininity any more than the ability to love a woman equals masculinity. But that point is moot since Wonder Woman stated she loves everyone. But the better question here is how is she not feminine? What are these so called feminine superpowers since you consider hers to be masculine. Another great question is how the hell does she not look like a woman? But more importantly you say Woman Woman isn't a "true woman" because she has been denied the abilities that would make her a "true woman" which are capability to love a man and to be pregnant. So she won't be a "true woman" until she falls in love with a man and pops out a couple of kids. Huh someone better tell those barren woman and survivors of ovarian cancer that they aren't "true women". Your view of women is really skewed and sexist.

#78 Posted by Danieles (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieles said:

@mr_zatura said:

@darkman61288 said:

So as a woman she can't be masculine. As a woman she must be attracted to Superman because he is stronger. As a woman she must stop her quest to protect mans world to pop out babies. The ability to love a man does not equal femininity any more than the ability to love a woman equals masculinity. But that point is moot since Wonder Woman stated she loves everyone. But the better question here is how is she not feminine? What are these so called feminine superpowers since you consider hers to be masculine. Another great question is how the hell does she not look like a woman? But more importantly you say Woman Woman isn't a "true woman" because she has been denied the abilities that would make her a "true woman" which are capability to love a man and to be pregnant. So she won't be a "true woman" until she falls in love with a man and pops out a couple of kids. Huh someone better tell those barren woman and survivors of ovarian cancer that they aren't "true women". Your view of women is really skewed and sexist.

"Your view of women is really skewed and sexist." , and your view of women is misandric and feminist. She's not feminine, she is a feminist, and feminists has no right to represent all women; she is masculine in the way that she can beat villains with bare hands, but i never saw her carrying a baby and concerning about to be a mother. You guys has double standards , you guys enjoys so much looking at Wonder woman grinding/beating males with bare hands, but has not any concern about her feelings. Love for everyone? she should starts to love herself as a woman, to care herself as a woman, and then, starts to love another human being. For example, she never showed love for her Father. Maybe because her feminist mother didnt let her to. Part of to be a woman its to be a mother, and part of to be a hetero woman, its to love a man. Its simple, its not my fault that your american lack of values doesnt lets ya to see it.

#79 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieles: She isn't a feminist. You still didn't give me an example of a feminine super power since hers is so masculine. How can she love a father she doesn't freaking know! But she were to meet him Im sure they would get along granted he doesn't try to kill her or her nephew. Her mother didn't stop her from talking to him. He never gave two fucks about her or his other children. Have you read any of her books because you seem to not know anything about her. While we are at it have you met a woman who isn't from the 1940's. Being a woman does not equal being a mother. How sexist can you be be to sit and say that Wonder Woman isn't a woman because she isn't pregnant as if that is all women are for. Im sorry that my "american lack of values" allows me to look at woman as more than sexual objects and housecleaners.

#80 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, the "they're both icons, so they should make kissy faces" argument is stupid and immature as hell.

Secondly, Steve Trevor is her love interest. Deal with it.

Thirdly, what's wrong with her having a love interest? "Rahhhwar she feminist icon no need man want be strong womanzz!!!"

Do I even need to comment on this dumbassery?

Does Superman loving Lois and pining after her diminish his value as a man? "Feminists" are immature as hell, and maybe if they took those chips off of their shoulders, they could turn their heads to see.

#81 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Trevor just came back into comics after a long period of him being gone. If DC is using the New 52 to make their characters more accessible, wouldn't it make sense to build Diana and Steve's relationship so that if she ever got a movie they have something to work off of.

#82 Posted by Danieles (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieles: She isn't a feminist. You still didn't give me an example of a feminine super power since hers is so masculine. How can she love a father she doesn't freaking know! But she were to meet him Im sure they would get along granted he doesn't try to kill her or her nephew. Her mother didn't stop her from talking to him. He never gave two fucks about her or his other children. Have you read any of her books because you seem to not know anything about her. While we are at it have you met a woman who isn't from the 1940's. Being a woman does not equal being a mother. How sexist can you be be to sit and say that Wonder Woman isn't a woman because she isn't pregnant as if that is all women are for. Im sorry that my "american lack of values" allows me to look at woman as more than sexual objects and housecleaners.

"Im sorry that my "american lack of values" allows me to look at woman as more than sexual objects and housecleaners." ; im sorry for ya, because you will be a very easy target to feminists and VAWA laws, and false rape acusations: i express my pity for ya.

"allows me to look at woman as more than sexual objects and housecleaners." Its that your best pro feminist argument? So, because im antifeminist , i see women only as sexual objects and housecleaners? lol Actually current WW is a sexual object, its a proof that what Marlston wanna created is a Mistress/Dominatrix in the popular media that commands/controls men like ya. Speaking of feminism: she didnt achieve anything important as a woman: at leasts Superman is a journalist; Batman is a CEO, Green Lantern has a Career in the US Air Force, But WW has no studies, no university. See? this its how easy i can uses the same feminist's shame tacticts and speech.

#83 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Bruce/Diana OTP and that's final!

#84 Edited by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieles: Im not a feminist either but I dont think women should be treated as second rate characters. I hold feminists to the the same regard as PETA, I agree with most of their points but I feel they go overboard with some things. Don't bring up past character development beside it really matter then Batman would still be murdering people and Superman would be able to make up the most ridiculous powers on the fly like shooting nets out of his eyes. Diana is a Warrior she is a student of the God of War himself that's better Hals job at his ex-girlfriend's airport or Clark and the dying newspaper business. But you still haven't answered the two questions I wanted to answer. What are these "feminine superpowers" you mentioned before and do you even read Wonder Woman books?

Feel free not to answer the following question: You seem bitter towards women why?

#85 Edited by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Trevor just came back into comics after a long period of him being gone. If DC is using the New 52 to make their characters more accessible, wouldn't it make sense to build Diana and Steve's relationship so that if she ever got a movie they have something to work off of.

Thank You!!!

#86 Posted by toplel (990 posts) - - Show Bio

There isnt much synergy between DC and WB right now. DC has been trying to maximize sales with this gimmick but it hasnt really worked yet, so they put MoS Faora in this as well. She was popular among fans so they're trying to attract them here. At this point it seems to me DC is trying way too hard to make it seem like this was a good idea.

#87 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_zatura: There are two kinds of Feminists, the Linkara (aka reasonable) kind who are against women being treated as objects, and the Feminazi kind who disgrace the entire movement.

#88 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_zatura: After the comic book reviewer and noted feminist Linkara, watch his show on atop the fourth wall, it's very good at lampooning the worst the industry has to offer.

#90 Posted by Danieles (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieles: Im not a feminist either but I dont think women should be treated as second rate characters. I hold feminists to the the same regard as PETA, I agree with most of their points but I feel they go overboard with some things. Don't bring up past character development beside it really matter then Batman would still be murdering people and Superman would be able to make up the most ridiculous powers on the fly like shooting nets out of his eyes. Diana is a Warrior she is a student of the God of War himself that's better Hals job at his ex-girlfriend's airport or Clark and the dying newspaper business. But you still haven't answered the two questions I wanted to answer. What are these "feminine superpowers" you mentioned before and do you even read Wonder Woman books?

Feel free not to answer the following question: You seem bitter towards women why?

Allright: What are these "feminine superpowers" , this its simple, the powers that arent masculine, like uppper body strenght and warrior willpower. Actually, i has no problem with the new Lighting powers/magical ones.

do you even read Wonder Woman books? Actually im not. I have seen Lynda Carter's 70's TV show, JL WW, and her animated movie. But what makes me to find answers about wonder woman are ya guys: her Fans. By the personality of the fans you can realize the character. Thats my current matter of study, because i considers WW the main feminist Icon in popular culture , and an element of deep indoctrination into feminism.

You seem bitter towards women why? Lol, i fight with feminists all days, dont worry: feminists uses to thinks that because im an antifeminist, im also antiwomen, and thats not true, because feminism only represents one kind of women: the feminist; they're not concern about all women, only women that behaves/looks/acts/thinks/works as men (im the only one that see the irony in this lol) . I liek women, i likes very feminine traditional women. And i thinsk taht feminism did huge deep damage to women, stealing their femininity, fooling them with false promises, destroying their families, and killing their babies.

#91 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice strawman you got there.

#92 Posted by Squalleon (4983 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see why WW won't want it because it reduces WW status as one of the BIG 3. Bat fans because they want WW for batman. Superman fans because they want Lois Lane (even though they were screaming that their relationship became stale) *sigh* comic book fans.

Most importantly I believe people hate the execution.
In Kingdom Come the romance between the two was great.
In JL the romance came out of nowhere and without a good reason.
Personally i really hope Charles Soule give some depth to the pairing.

#93 Posted by toplel (990 posts) - - Show Bio

There was romance? It seemed like Superman used her to make babies. It pretty much popped up in the end. Waid even had to apologize for her characterization.

Pretty much everyone wants this stunt to end because its overused and bland as hell. She needs some character development on her own terms before they attempt a crossover romance with her.

#94 Posted by Squalleon (4983 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel: Well i thought the way they talked to each other and the contrast between their personalities where building into that. I personally understood where this was going since i first saw them together in the book. And i liked it.
If it wasn't for kingdom come i think i wouldn't be interested in this romance.
And it felt right you know. This two had so much in common. They are embodiments of the highest human morals,they live for centures, they live among men but they are not. It just felt right.

but i agree that in the New 52 Diana needs to be her own woman before she has a deep romance with any character.
That reminds me what Lemire said about Green Arrow "I want first to explore the man before i pair him with black canary because the moment they come together it's over"

#95 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieles said:

@mr_zatura said:

Allright: What are these "feminine superpowers" , this its simple, the powers that arent masculine, like uppper body strenght and warrior willpower. Actually, i has no problem with the new Lighting powers/magical ones.

do you even read Wonder Woman books? Actually im not. I have seen Lynda Carter's 70's TV show, JL WW, and her animated movie. But what makes me to find answers about wonder woman are ya guys: her Fans. By the personality of the fans you can realize the character. Thats my current matter of study, because i considers WW the main feminist Icon in popular culture , and an element of deep indoctrination into feminism.

You seem bitter towards women why? Lol, i fight with feminists all days, dont worry: feminists uses to thinks that because im an antifeminist, im also antiwomen, and thats not true, because feminism only represents one kind of women: the feminist; they're not concern about all women, only women that behaves/looks/acts/thinks/works as men (im the only one that see the irony in this lol) . I liek women, i likes very feminine traditional women. And i thinsk taht feminism did huge deep damage to women, stealing their femininity, fooling them with false promises, destroying their families, and killing their babies.

But she is a warrior. She couldn't defend Themisycra bat batting her eyes and pouting. You should read some of her book before you assume she is a "feminazi". You are describing the feminazis not the Linkara. Woman Wonder isn't close to either of those groups honestly. She isn't even close what you are describing. But please stop it with that women can't be strong with sacrificing femininity crap though. Are men not men if they don't have bulging biceps, chop down trees chain smoke and drink, and have rugged beards. But alas you have peaked my curiosity again. Whats a traditional woman. Better yet describe your version of a "traditional" Wonder Woman.

As for that whole feminism did deep damage might I say "You had my curiosity but now you have my attention". How does feminism steal their femininity, fooling them with false promises, or how is it destroying their families. But above all how is it killing their babies.

#96 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel said:
@squalleon said:

There was romance? It seemed like Superman used her to make babies. It pretty much popped up in the end. Waid even had to apologize for her characterization.

Pretty much everyone wants this stunt to end because its overused and bland as hell. She needs some character development on her own terms before they attempt a crossover romance with her.

Yes finally someone says it!

#97 Posted by Danieles (124 posts) - - Show Bio

This its why i supports Superman/wonder woman: because he'll be able to tame her lol. She needs a strong man, more stronger than her, not a Mangina/sissy/lesser man as couple.

#98 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: wonder woman has shown to be comppasionate and kind after the crisis on infinite earths,in the perez run we can see her fighting decay and she tried to take the fight to a place where nobody could get hurt,in other issue she fought a giant and she took him away to protect the people around,in other issue she is trying to talk to other amazon race trying to solve the problem without having to fight,in other issue she was fighting a super amazon like her and when the other amazon attacked people in a plane wonder woman left the fight to save the people,she also tried to talk with circe and solve the problem without having to fight,and i can also name instances like these in the ruka and simone runs,even in the azzarello run she has shown kindness like in issue 14 when she talked to that ghost girl with understanding and calm her rage,or the way she made orion feel better with himself,sometimes she can be tough when the situation warrants,but she has shown comppasion and kindness many many times in the last 20 years.

#99 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieles: or she will tame him considering the way that johns portrays her,that is not her true character.

#100 Posted by Cr4pSnip3r (302 posts) - - Show Bio

#BM/SM :3