User Lists: 0

Nice start the art was pretty good

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Finally something that looks like Wonder Woman, unlike the awful fan-fiction-crawled-into-canon we got with the reboot.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Liked it. There is not much to say about it yet but it's definitely a Wonder Woman I want to read.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HONESTLY BAD ASS. WHAT A GREAT READ. HOPE THEY KEEP IT UP.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jphulk26

It also proves what I´ve always said. Wonder Woman origin is just as epic and rich as Batman or Superman´s, but even better it proves it lends itself to multiple interesting interpretations. I´ve always said, wonder woman´s mythos and origin is just about as great as any superhero I´ve ever seen and should have multiple epic versions of it just like Supe´s or Batman. Elseworlds where Steve Trevor discovers Themyscira in the a 19th century military expedition on his ship and actually discovers Wonder Woman in a whole different era, or maybe it isn´t Steve Trevor, but rather a Nazi pilot that lands on Themyscira and tricks the Amazons into believing The Allied forces are the aggressor.

There are so many takes on her origin that could have been done. By now she should have her Red Son, her Birth Right or Year One. Hopefully this will finally make up for it.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Does this story take place in the pre flashpoint universe? After reading the first three issues I thought so, but Hippolyta is a blonde.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I thought this was a tie in for BvS.. I read it and it was awesome.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really am enjoying this one. It's got some great character development potential already set up. My only critique is pacing. This series I think is supposed to be 6 or 9 issues long and from the preview video, it looks like a lot happens within that constraint. And so far the first issue doesn't get past her childhood, so I hope things don't feel rushed.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Ive been reading it and liking it. Though this series seems like its one made for trade as right now its mostly just set up. It is really good so far, but it sucks waiting for new issues to come out.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the first chapters the series has started advancing rather fast. The lore is used better than in the ongoing and dare I say more accurate to history/mythology. I certainly enjoyed that Phillipus was around as teacher and general even when it was not obvious at first, all in all the series is starting to turn in a very intriguing story and I can't wait to see what DeLiz will do with Etta Candy.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Loving it so far. Art is good, story is good. I'll be sad when it ends.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it for the most part ... the first couple of issues were a bit lacking, but I think the story has unfolded nicely. I am a few issues behind so perhaps my opinion will change once I catch up

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was ok. Better than the Finch crap.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just bought the first issue and loved it. I like the immortal and mortal amazons and how the island is being depicted

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Archizooom

I just wish Wonder Woman wasn't so laconic and melancholy all the time, a bit more pep wouldn't go amiss. The artwork is very cute though

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: I'm liking it less. Diana is really boring in this book and while I do enjoy them bringing back her clay origin and whatnot its still shows this need for a tragic background for the character. Like she's meant to be a fun character that wants to be in our world

Its decent tho esp considering the alternatives at the moment

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: I see Legend of Wonder Woman as a fanfic and I enjoy it in that capacity, it's a decent read. She's not as perky and full of moxie as I would've liked but I can sympathize with how she's feeling which is more than I can say about her main line counterparts

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to go to the next town over for traffic court. A friend gave me a Red Lobster gift card for my b-day that was burning a hole in my pocket, so I went there solo for lunch on my way back home. I'd read the Legend of WW reviews and threads, but luckily I waited for just such an occasion to read the first two issues. So I'm sitting there reading the Legend of Wonder Woman while eating dueling lobster tails and I'm here to tell you I had a GREAT afternoon! It was like I was transported to Narnia and was eating the White Witch's Turkish Delight as a wise old sage regaled me with the untold history of my favorite character.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: how far have you gotten so far?i heard print sales need to be up if theres any hope for a second book of it

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: how far have you gotten so far?i heard print sales need to be up if theres any hope for a second book of it

Yeah I read where she said that on cbr. I don't do digital and there are only two print issues so far.

brettjett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Digital Issue #19 has been the best chapter so far.