whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whygamespot

http://www.newsarama.com/19538-dc-comics-february-2014-solicitations.html

Take a look at the Feb superman/wonder woman #5. It is clearer and clearer now that wonder woman has diminished to superman's supporting character. They are fighting Superman's villains all the time and one time they aren't, they were seeing the gods in Olympus, not Diana's mother on the paradise island. That I blame you, Azz.

Also, Lois is getting a brand new shiny series. Obviously she is no small part of superman's life. On the other hand, Steve tries to reconnect with Diana desperate and pathetically. Why, I can't take this any more... I don't know these people any more...

It is not the relationship itself bugs me, but its rationale.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry it will end, after the sales of Superman/WW drops........

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PowerWoman
PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It isn't going to end because you're upset about it. It will continue until DC no longer wants them together. If you dislike it, I'd recommend reading other things

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It isn't going to end because you're upset about it. It will continue until DC no longer wants them together. If you dislike it, I'd recommend reading other things

This is the best answer regrettably. I dislike the romance massively but one guy over the Internet pointing out its flaws isn't going to change anything. I just read Superman Unchained and Wonder Woman since both of them don't touch on the romance that much at all.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By lifeboy

I don't like that superman and lois aren't together anymore either. But Im really liking superman and wonderwoman now. Think about it, they are both beautiful, and they match and their relationship just looks like the way it should be. But when he was with lois it was like 'huh? Why?' Besides superman was really holding lois back. I can't wait to see what things come down for our regular human heroine lois! :)

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@bogey: it could happen bro. Catwoman has already shown alittle tongue action in ForeverEvil#3. It was awesome! :D

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RustyRoy

@bogey said:

Do you think we will see Wonder Woman wear a thong in the bedroom or a string bikini on the beach?

The Way Daniels Is Drawing Her, Not Much Is Left To The Imagination
The Way Daniels Is Drawing Her, Not Much Is Left To The Imagination

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: in fact I think their team up is great and even epic. I just don't want to see them being romantically connected. They don't need to be in relationship to have a team up, romance is not a necessity to this series.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bogey: Don't want to see any of those at all. What about superman in a thong huh? (<-actually no, thanks lol)

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@hastalavista: I understand what you mean. I don't like the romance either, but I enjoyed the first issue of the series. I'll take it for what it is

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: I understand what you mean. I don't like the romance either, but I enjoyed the first issue of the series. I'll take it for what it is

Yeah, the story was not that bad. Plus good actions. The series can be good itself without the romance. Hell why not another team up book featuring WW and batman

@toplel said:

Why are you surprised? This has been obvious for over a year and was predicted to get worse. It shouldn't have happened in the first place, but it did, and its going to last until DC says so.

I hoped for the best and fell hard...

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By veronicacris

Well it's becoming boring, the writing in the book is average nothing really amazing. let's see where this relationship will go

"Take a look at the Feb superman/wonder woman #5. It is clearer and clearer now that wonder woman has diminished to superman's supporting character. They are fighting Superman's villains all the time and one time they aren't, they were seeing the gods in Olympus, not Diana's mother on the paradise island. That I blame you, Azz."

don't be unfair to him, how would he know about this book? he never like this couple

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista:

Geez, you are certainly hung up on that “Diana became supporting character in New-52/ she on sidelines in her own comic” tangent.

Take a look at the Feb superman/wonder woman #5. It is clearer and clearer now that wonder woman has diminished to superman's supporting character.

And how exactly you come to that conclusion – after reading in best case only first (and so far only) issue of SM/WW?

They are fighting Superman's villains all the time

See question in the point 1. So far there only one issue in selling, first story arc of this title going to be centered around Zod arrival on Earth (I actually knew that since moment Doomsday appeared). I don’t see how it turns Diana in a supporting character. Besides, didn’t you see this cover? Soule intends eventually to draw all this characters in plotline. I fail to see how it one-sided in Supes’ favor.

No Caption Provided

they were seeing the gods in Olympus, not Diana's mother on the paradise island. That I blame you, Azz.

You said it yourself.

Soule had to work with material that exists in New-52. He simply can’t intervene in WW comic’s storyline (Azarello nearly cut it from the rest of New-52 Universe). Then why blaming this title?

Also, Lois is getting a brand new shiny series.

And how that even connected with SM/WW title? Besides, I heard that this is one-shot.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-interview-marguerite-bennett-on-lois-lan/1100-147543/

WhineHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I remember correctly, Geoff Johns said that when Wonder Woman and Superman's relationship ends, it's going to "end badly." They've had their breakup planned from the start, I'm sure. Just be patient and have faith. There's a reason for pairing the two.

I'm not so gung-ho about their relationship either, but if it spawns a good story I'm onboard. I enjoyed the first issue of SM/WW, and I'll continue to read it. It's nice to see the two power houses juxtaposed, especially when so many compare/contrast the two on a regular basis.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By whygamespot

@sanohibiki: the way they act. maybe i am too skeptical but superman almost always takes the lead, though this could just because he's in the world far longer than she is. and why are they spend the four out of five issues fighting superman's villains? ah, superman is more popular, people know about his enemies and using them is good for the sales. her being a supporting character is almost endogenous, because she is far less popular than superman, and too complicated to write, and too inconsistent in different issues. On the other hand, being in relation with superman can already trigger so much drama, so it doesn't require a deep understanding and in-depth portrait of her to create an exciting story. So let me rephrase my words: she is more and more on the edge of being a supported character.

I am really not blaming soule, he doesn't have the obligation to write wonder woman the way as she is created for. And I wouldn't blame him more than johns if he deviates from expectation. I am blaming DC's decision to force them together and allowing her to a b!tch outside her series. She had NOTHING to learn from superman because she was equally, if not more, compassionate and merciful and strongly motivated to fight for what is right. She was even more mature than superman because superman was a farm boy while she knew her heritage and history well enough to avoid warriors' common mistakes and Athena gave her wisdom. But DC changes everything and now she's just a hothead. Being with superman just further diminish her now that she can't even see her own problem and needs superman to help her out. Also, superman belongs to lois like he always does. what's the point putting him and diana together? to prove that he can hook up with the most beautiful and powerful female in the world? They connected in the old comics, when they fully understood and respect each other. Even if they have to be together, that is term i what to see the relationship is under, not wonder woman teaching superman to use a sword and superman teaching wonder woman not to play god.

I don't care about lois, just think that DC is trying to keep both her and diana in superman's pocket.

@whinehaus said:

If I remember correctly, Geoff Johns said that when Wonder Woman and Superman's relationship ends, it's going to "end badly." They've had their breakup planned from the start, I'm sure. Just be patient and have faith. There's a reason for pairing the two.

I'm not so gung-ho about their relationship either, but if it spawns a good story I'm onboard. I enjoyed the first issue of SM/WW, and I'll continue to read it. It's nice to see the two power houses juxtaposed, especially when so many compare/contrast the two on a regular basis.

That is the issue. I don't want them to end badly for wonder woman tries to play god and superman disagrees. I actually have no problem seeing their old versions being together for their common faith and patience for humanity.

I can see that you enjoy SM/WW issue for its good story. That's my point: they can make a good series without forcing the two together. People will buy for the exciting story but not the romance.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Swamp thing is awesome

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blackdog2009

Superman/WW is an awesome book so far. Issue 2 has Diana's supporting characters taking center stage so I don't know what you're talking about. It's a very nice balance so far.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: Like I said above I am not against the book but the relationship. The book has interesting story and can survive without the relationship

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the relationship between the two and think there's plenty they can do with it. Hope it continues for years to come.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need this mo-fo to show up in Wonder Woman's life.

No Caption Provided

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman/WW is an awesome book so far. Issue 2 has Diana's supporting characters taking center stage so I don't know what you're talking about. It's a very nice balance so far.

I thought it was really weak, it was only about Superman being awesome. Diana supporting characters where defeated (Apollo). nothing great here.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The book is awesome and it's going to continue to be awesome. Cry about something new, please.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By veronicacris

The book is awesome and it's going to continue to be awesome. Cry about something new, please.

taste is taste, some have, others don't

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

And Wonder Woman looks hot. Awesome book!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

No. The series so far is great and more Wonder Woman is always awesome!

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need this mo-fo to show up in Wonder Woman's life.

No Caption Provided

lol it's time for a love triangle

not

shippers will like this book even if was written and drawn by liefeld

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veronicacris: well I WANT Superman to be awesome, that's why I read books with Superman in them. It's an ongoing, it's only issue number 2. I'm sure this book will make both WW and Superman shine constantly.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The series just started and thanks to man of steel coming out successful and Clark having the biggest rouge gallery it makes sense that the first his enemies first. You cant throw Diana's enemies in because most people don't know most of them, and you can throw in someone random or new because that would be too confusing. Also I like their relationship they make each other stronger and dont hold each other back, lois was a weakness that had some uses every know and then.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By darkman61288

The series just started and thanks to man of steel coming out successful and Clark having the biggest rouge gallery it makes sense that the first his enemies first. You cant throw Diana's enemies in because most people don't know most of them, and you can throw in someone random or new because that would be too confusing. Also I like their relationship they make each other stronger and dont hold each other back, lois was a weakness that had some uses every know and then.

Funny thing is that in maybe in 10 to 15 years people will say the same thing about Wonder Woman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justice_teen said:

Funny thing is that in maybe in 10 to 15 years people will say the same thing about Wonder Woman.

Good one,

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By whygamespot

what is good for ww and superman: partnership. they both deserve their full power/ability presented. diana is NOT a hothead, NOT naive, and most certainly NOT violent. she does not need superman to teach her democracy or that don't-play-god crap. she had enough gods in her life to show her that. she is NOT weak, and she is NOT stupid. writers bear this in mind and the relationship will look good. just like back in the old days when wonder woman and superman fought darkseid together - even thought they just got to know each other, they saw through darkseid's "divide and conquer" trick and cooperated together to trick him back.

if dc want them together, fine, but don't force lois' roll on diana. if superman wants a partner, diana's the girl; if he wants to play that prince drama, go back to lois. people complain about how superman always has to be diminished just to let batman look good; what could happen to wonder woman is much worse: she is not as popular as superman, people don't know her as they know superman, they will just think she is just another fake bad-ass who's only good at the beginning then has to step down for 'the man' to save the day.

Given the existed background of new52, this is my vision how this relationship could work out: even though ww and supes share similar beliefs and don't have dynamic conflicts like superman and batman have, there are some differences between them. Superman grew up in a loving family, he's warm-hearted like a big brother who always believes that people are good inside. Wonder Woman on the other hand, lost all her family in a are-you-***king-kidding-me tragic. She was raised as a warrior who can endure tremendous horror and shock and still keep herself in balance. She deeply understand the darkness of human heart yet still embrace humanity. So she can help Superman to confront the evilness inside the people he believe in or tries to protect; while Superman can encourage her when she bears too much burden on her shoulder. I think Wonder Woman is capable of handling really dark/sad stories but unlike batman, she doesn't induce fear. She brings the light in like a sun. She burns herself to save the others (Too Mary Sue?). So during their time together, they are stronger together, bringing out the better side of each other.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By Bezza

@arturocalakayvee said:

And Wonder Woman looks hot. Awesome book!

+1..Superman/WW is brilliant. so far Superman has strutted his stuff, but Diana will get her moment of glory I am sure of it!

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly wished they were not dating because i feel it belittle's Wonder Woman character since Superman is by far the more popular of the 2 characters. I also feel its rather cliche to the strongest man on earth to date the strongest female, there's nothing complex about their relationship. I much rather have Supes and WW build a kindred brother/sister dynamic almost like brother/brother dynamic Cap and Thor have. I really think DC should take notes on how to make a strong female lead from Marvel's Captain Marvel series.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly wished they were not dating because i feel it belittle's Wonder Woman character since Superman is by far the more popular of the 2 characters. I also feel its rather cliche to the strongest man on earth to date the strongest female, there's nothing complex about their relationship. I much rather have Supes and WW build a kindred brother/sister dynamic almost like brother/brother dynamic Cap and Thor have. I really think DC should take notes on how to make a strong female lead from Marvel's Captain Marvel series.

People act as if there was never a physical attraction between the two of them in their previous incarnations. It was always there and it manifested itself quite a few times. It does make sense that they would find one another as potential mates, but even if the relationships fails, which the writers have already given away that it will it doesn't mean that it won't make them stronger as friends. One of the bigger things they're doing this time around with Wonder Woman is humanizing her and a relationship is one of the many ways i assume they're doing so.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By primebonnick

ain't this the truth if you don't like it read something else until it ends.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Superman Wonder Woman relationship

I also like Wonder Womans attire. It doesnt look like she is wearing any less then from when the New 52 started (just look at her in Justice League)

Firewoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Firewoman

With wonder woman, Superman because his beloved woman already have a boyfriend and he is afraid of loneliness.

In this series, the main role is played only Superman. That confirms the title of a comic, where the nickname Clark is the first. In the title of a comic about the first World's Finest Batman is the first.

Besides in the comic everything happens the opposite of what was said before the release of the first comic book:

1. Chemistry in their relationship no. Although they said that will be shown in this comics their "love."
  2. Wonder Woman will not be lowered in status girlfriend Superman. Although in the comic this is gradually happening.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@peppeyhare said:

ain't this the truth if you don't like it read something else until it ends.

Yes. I agree. I also don't support Batman/Wonder Woman like others do. I loved how they were in the JL animated series but in the comic books it just don't match.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deaditegonzo

This is my favourite book so far, honestly. Its the first good book featuring Wonder Woman, and since the H'El on Earth arc, its the best book for any member of the SuperFamily.

I will say, yeah, I see more solicits featuring Superman villains, but the thing is, he has more/better villains than Wonder Woman. If anything, her getting to throw down with them is a huge improvement.

And its well known that I really enjoy the romance, and im glad in this book its a little bit explicit (when its swept under the rug almost every where else). I would be totally happy if this was the status quo from here on out, and they got Lois out of Kal's books completely, by any means necessary.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@deaditegonzo: Yes because that is going to happen. DC is going to sweep 75 years of pop culture under the rug and the romance they pushed in the MoS steel.

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tony Daniels is a scumbag, so I know for sure I won't be picking it up, even if my babe Donna Troy makes a return as has been rumored. [If you want the goss, he basically started a fight on twitter and called people slurs and insulted them because he was ~smarter than them~ because he sees that women owe dudes sex if they're friends but YOU KNOW, dudes, know better, even though they were actually being really respectful in trying to talk to him. Like this is the dude you want drawing Wonder Woman? No thanks.]

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

This complaining about Wonder Woman/ Superman thing should end...

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batpala said:

Tony Daniels is a scumbag, so I know for sure I won't be picking it up, even if my babe Donna Troy makes a return as has been rumored. [If you want the goss, he basically started a fight on twitter and called people slurs and insulted them because he was ~smarter than them~ because he sees that women owe dudes sex if they're friends but YOU KNOW, dudes, know better, even though they were actually being really respectful in trying to talk to him. Like this is the dude you want drawing Wonder Woman? No thanks.]

Wow, he really said things like that on Twitter? He sounds a little like Stephen Wacker over Marvel, but, maybe even a little more hardcore. The good thing is that their at least interacting with the fans while most writers stay below the radar.