Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Bezza

@toplel:

So you don't like it then?!!

Actually the scans on the link are difficult to follow, does Diana really go and push a button which lets in sunlight and then collapse in a heap?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By dshipp17

@bezza said:

@toplel:

So you don't like it then?!!

Actually the scans on the link are difficult to follow, does Diana really go and push a button which lets in sunlight and then collapse in a heap?

Yes, but not sure if it's the nuclear fallout or the explosion that happened as the result of pushing the button; apparently, that's her invisible yet, and it just conveniently appears there for Wonder Woman's benefit; great scan of Wonder Woman heading to the jet, though (e.g. page 6).

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel:

Does seem this book is like marmite, some love it, some like you loathe it. Its on my pull list, so I will just wait and see how it reads when I pick it up later this week.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@toplel: Welcome back man, it's been a while. And your insight has certainly been missed by me at least. This preview is certainly looking like all the rest of Soule's SM/WW writing.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SanoHibiki

Time for release of SM/WW #7 coming closer – which means yet another sh…t-storm from haters.

Well, this is my second favorite book, so – can’t wait!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: I hear he's a decent writer but Soule isn't my cup of tea in all honesty. He is working on 7 books so go figure if the quality of one drops a bit.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lvenger said:

@toplel: I hear he's a decent writer but Soule isn't my cup of tea in all honesty. He is working on 7 books so go figure if the quality of one drops a bit.

Good thing that book isn't Superman/Wonder Woman then ;)

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YAAAAAYYYYY!!! I LOVE IT! DIANA GETS ANOTHER FEAT, RESCUING SUPERMAN'S B*TCH ASS AFTER A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION TAKES HIM OUT & SHE USES HER INVISIBLE JET TO DO IT! To the people complaining about Diana's apparent death last issue, it's time for me to sing the Tol'ja So song...

*clears throat, taps microphone*

"Tol'ja So!

Tol'ja So!

Tol'ja, Tol'ja, Tol'ja SO!"

*jazz hands*

No Caption Provided

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#15 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger: Weren't Zod and Foara amped? They looked so as they glowed red?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I know you hate the current state of DC and all but this is one of the books you keep reading? One of the worst, ham fisted, forced in nature stories to ever come out of the New 52? It represents most of what you hate about the New 52 so your support of it is baffling when there are better Superman and New 52 books in general. I can guarantee that given all the flaws I can find in this series.

@scorpio_cassadine: Oh of course Diana acting like a love sick, inept puppy is so much better than what Azz is doing to her. God forbid we have Wonder Woman in an interesting and uniquely told story am I right?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@frozen: Apollo was using his power to amp them up in revenge for events in issue 2 so yeah they were amped.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SanoHibiki

@toplel:

Oh, aren’t you fanny…

Sh…t-storm usually coming from Clois and Wonder Bats shippers whenever new issue of SM/WW is coming out. Their complaints are like music to my ears…

And sometimes I feel myself like masochist – when I reading Earth 2, majority of AOS and the last Unchained issue.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@scorpio_cassadine: Oh of course Diana acting like a love sick, inept puppy is so much better than what Azz is doing to her. God forbid we have Wonder Woman in an interesting and uniquely told story am I right?

One man's trash is another man's treasure and for me Superman/Wonder Woman shines bright like a diamond.

No Caption Provided

I'll talk down Azzarello's story in another thread, this one is about the BETTER Wonder Woman title. You know, the one where she actually gets to do stuff, instead of being lost in a sea of characters that I don't really care about.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: Yeah except this diamond has the appeal of a fake gemstone. I'll take the sea of characters over the pale shadow of Wonder Woman as she's suppressed by a demeaning romance any day of the week.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@frozen: Apollo was using his power to amp them up in revenge for events in issue 2 so yeah they were amped.

Wait, so were they amped in all of their fights with Superman/Wonder Woman or just that time they knocked them out?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lvenger

@frozen said:

@lvenger said:

Wait, so were they amped in all of their fights with Superman/Wonder Woman or just that time they knocked them out?

All of their fights I believe.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel:

Where are you getting the 'usually coming from Clois and Wonder Bats shippers' from?

Read the half of comments on Newsarama and whenever new “Why Supes and Wondy relationship doomed to failure” thread is popping out here plus also quite large amount of trolling from Clois-shippers – from there.

when you can't deal with actual criticism and find it easier to ignore it?

Give me valid critism, which didn’t stew from “New-52 and everything related are s…ck”, “Clois the best thing ever”, “Superman is just some hick, Wondy better off with Batman”. I respect people who can give constructive critism about SM/WW; through it didn’t mean that I agree with them.

the people who actually seem to love this are mostly Superman fanboys, blaming Lois or Batman fanboys for complaining,

I explained my views about Lois several months ago specifically to you; don’t feel like repeating myself.

actuality it's the WW fans who are most upset with it.

Not all Diana’s fans; actually I heard from some that they prefer Soule’s version to Azzarello’s run.

She's just a trophy.

Not even going to bother with that, after all, why argue about invented thing.

And for now, good night.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger They weren't amped in all of their fights. Only in the last one. It was the main reason they beat up Clark and Diana.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lvenger

@dondave: Are you referring to issue 6? That's when most of the fights took place though. There was only one other fight between them in the current story arc.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@dondave: Are you referring to issue 6? That's when most of the fights took place though. There was only one other fight between them in the current story arc.

There is the fight to which both of them team up on a Superman that's holding back and doesn't want to fight. This one:

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger They fought 3 times. They fought once in issue 5 and twice in issue 6.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bezza

@scorpio_cassadine@lvenger

I just love the fact that one of you is jumping for joy over this book and the other one can hardly contain his disgust! Ying and yang, its what makes humans interesting and unique and why this forum is always so lively!!!

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@scorpio_cassadine@lvenger

I just love the fact that one of you is jumping for joy over this book and the other one cannot hardly contain his disgust! Ying and yang, its what makes humans interesting and unique and why this forum is always so lively!!!

Thanks Bezza!

robenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By robenson

I can't wait to read this. Wednesday...HURRY UP ALREADY!!!

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@toplel said:

@bezza: I'd have to be diagnosed as clinically retarded to like it. I'm sure I'm not.

I think the button triggers some kind of beam that slices the clouds and lets in some sunlight.

I don't think that's quite fair to the people who enjoy the book or people who are actually afflicted with mental retardation. I enjoy the book.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paulo Siqueira's work is brilliant!

I wouldn't mind if he took over the title, his Wonder Woman is amazing!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Well that first page is nearly sickening :(

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm loving this comic. Wonder Woman is kicking ass and I think it's one of the first times since the start of the New 52 that we've had a writer that has a good handle of Wonder Woman's personality. Can't speak for any crossovers she might have been in but Soule is definitely doing a better job then JL or the solo comic. He also got me to like SM and WW as a couple. Before this book I was rolling my eyes pretty hard about DC trying to force this to happen but Soule has really been able to make this idea work. Still don't think they should stay together for the long run but I don't think that's the gameplan.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda surprised to see the invisible jet is actually a jet though. Last comic it was described as a chariot.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: That's what I meant DD. Most of their fights took place in issue 6 anyway.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: They were only amped in the last of their three fights

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lykopis

There is still angst between them? Hrrrm...

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@bezza: I'd have to be diagnosed as clinically retarded to like it. I'm sure I'm not.

I think the button triggers some kind of beam that slices the clouds and lets in some sunlight.

I don't think that's quite fair to the people who enjoy the book or people who are actually afflicted with mental retardation. I enjoy the book.

Yeah, my shrink said I was better now!! Looking forward to tomorrow btw and my copy!!

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@toplel:

So you agree you were being unfair to both people who enjoy the book and mentally retarded folks? You have every right to hold the book in contempt but it's just rude to insult actual people because you don't enjoy something they do.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so diana is having an issue in saying "i love you" back to clark i mean didn't she admit that she loved him back in superman #29 or maybe this takes place before that hmmm.

oh well i love that pic of them flying and holding hands over london i need to get that as a poster to put on my wall.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ArchiZoom

I like the art I'm seeing in this preview, Paulo Siqueira does a good Wonder Woman though her tits are still al fresco, Superman looks good too so I can't wait to download this and share my complaints with you guys tomorrow. I'm just Wonder-ing, what's happened to London?

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still the reading the book, however the preview didn't do much for me, but i liked the series as a whole.... still think Azz's run is better though. also can we please have a thread about this book without two things

1. Fight between shippers and non shippers of the couple.

2. Going ultra feminist everytime Diana gets punched.

its kinda getting old