PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@darknightspideyfanboy: That not PIS

This is SA superman feats,A real feat of characterization

Batman beat superman without magic pla pla pla..

This is PIS

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By PowerWoman
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superman blow out stars in all his history,he was really that strong

Wonder woman.......never push planets in ANY history

Oh,golden age wonder woman moving a small moon,Post-crisis wonder woman help superman( Seriously weakened) moving earth

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: sure it was PW sure it was

Read scan,superman blow out stars many times,not once,but five!

Can you show me wonder woman push a planet?no,because she not that strong.supergirl not push planet,she throw planets like toys just like Real Silver age superman did it

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: so what about wonder woman not being strong as supergirl did i even say anything about that the answer NOPE i just said the whole superman silver age was fill with PIS moment also was that silver age superman in the scan?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy: PC superman can do anything,in fact a star is joke for him

He's power limite is just your imagination's limits,same points applicable golden age shazam

Wonder woman never that strong,Even Post-crisis superman can move earth,though need hal need help did it,no matter you call" PIS",superman move planets/ stars in silver age,i remember superman did that over 20 times

If a feat could be repeat 20 times,that not PIS,it's just he was too strong,too powerful

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: again who care what ww feat were i didn't even say anything about it why do you keep talking about it? nope i called Silver age superman PIS why bring up Pc superman we both know SA superman did alot crazier and stupider thing that were consider PIS

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By ArchiZoom

@powerwoman: When she's written well but the problem is that she almost never is so that's not who she is, that's what we think she should be. Wonder Woman is supposed to be as wise as Athena yet they make her thick as wall of bricks in all of the ongoing titles she's in. Superman on the other hand, in addition to being the mightiest hero on earth, is also remarkably smart being the son of the greatEST scientists of Krypton, and no one's gonna take that away from him. Wonder Woman these days swings her sword like a facking retard in crowded places, in Injustice she's a manipulative boyfriend-stealing bitch and this image is sticking.

As for Wonder Woman being all about "overcoming obstacles", that's bollocks. All superheroes are about "overcoming obstacles". I can't say I love Wonder Woman because she "overcomes obstacles", that's like saying I like Ferraris because Ferraris have 4 wheels. The reason I like Wonder Woman and not somebody else is because she's a fearless, badass amazon warrior, in my mind. In reality she's none of that.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By PowerWoman

@archizoom: Yeah,golden age wonder woman(her original version) is stronger than golden age superman,she move the moon,but over times and over times,superman become godlike strong,wonder woman not

Today,most of people forgot she have strength of herc,they are more like wonder woman "skills"

lol

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@archizoom:

I know you have left the conversation now, but I do think you need to calm down a little. There is no need to get so angry with everyone who holds a different view to you. To quote Thor when pleading with Hulk in the Avengers Movie, "calm down Archizoom, we are not your enemies..."

And no, I don't see what is hypocritical about me and others saying that Wonder Woman has usually been weaker than Superman. The evidence is there in the comics that Superman has always had an edge. That is very different from the constant negative comments made by Powerwoman on here which continually low ball WW and say that Superman is a billion times stronger than WW etc. For me WW is in Superman's league absolutely, but Supes has the edge just like he has the edge on ALL the other JL members in pure raw power.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Bezza

@powerwoman:

Just to get this topic back on thread. Did you read superman wonder woman #6 and did you like it? Did you like the fight with the kryptonians, what did you think of Apollo powering up Zod and Superman getting beat down by him, with WWs display against Faora...please answer these points and no more Superman is stronger than Wonder woman scans, we get it, we all get that Superman was/is stronger than WW.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I liked it, i'd definitely love to see a superman/ wonder woman animated movie based off of this series.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By ArchiZoom

@bezza: Funnily some of these Wonder Woman fans are busy right now losing their shit on another thread about how strong she is relative to Superman

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that they found a decent way to bring back the invisible jet.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that they found a decent way to bring back the invisible jet.

That's what I thought of too! Seems interesting.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

So at one issue WW beats both Zod and Faora and in the next she gets her ass kicked by Faora ok...

Aren't you forgetting the fact they were being powered up by Apollo since they came out, and then got super charged by him after losing to S/WW

Also I liked the how Diana responded to the I love you talk about an alpha-female :-p

I agree that was great moement

Now we know she's poisoned by residual radiation and that she's unable to survive a nuclear blast unless Superman wraps her in his indestructible cape. There we have it, more signs of weakness. Saved by a man for the millionth time in the new 52. This issue was total and complete merda a la Charles Soule, on every possible level. Little Miss 'll-kill-you-both' in issue 5 got the beating of her life at the hands of the lesser foe just like I said she would.

I rate this book 0/10

So...you're basicaly complaining that superman reacted with super speed and tried to save the person he loves knowing that she has less of a chance to survive?

I don't know where you have been all this time, but superman was always, ALWAYS more durable then her, and not just him, Supergirl & Powergirl are all more durable then Wonder Woman. It's not a debate, it's a fact.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also to everyone complaining about them almost dying from this while surviving worse things. They were just beaten up, and barely have the power to stand let alone endure nuclear blasts.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By ArchiZoom

@2cool4fun: I'm complaining that this scene where a man saves Wonder Woman's life has been done fifteen too many times since the reboot. It's so easy to have a go at me from your position since they almost never do anything to Superman but glorify him to the absolute extreme, you're one happy customer. I'm not as privileged as you are though, they show Wonder Woman beaten and vulnerable in like 8 out of 10 battles, maybe 9 and Soule's already made an important contribution to Wonder Woman's bad rep with 2 more near-death situation.

burgerkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This ish I thought it was ok, and I really like the last part supes covering ww with his super cape....but were's Non? These guys are the phantom zone trio, it just felt incomplete without him.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: I'm complaining that this scene where a man saves Wonder Woman's life has been done fifteen too many times since the reboot. It's so easy to have a go at me from your position since they almost never do anything to Superman but glorify him to the absolute extreme, you're one happy customer. I'm not as privileged as you are though, they show Wonder Woman beaten and vulnerable in like 8 out of 10 battles, maybe 9 and Soule's already made an important contribution to Wonder Woman's bad rep with 2 more near-death situation.

You are seriously complaining for no reason, 2 near death situations?

1 of them is a near death situation for superman as well, and the other was fighting DOOMSDAY, a creature that KILLED superman and almost killed every other JLA member.

Second of all, ever since zod came out superman has been the weak link, wonder woman did fine against bought of them before they got used to the powers, while superman lost. Then later on she did fine against faora again, while superman was loosing again. Yet somehow superman is glorified and she is getting a bad rep...

And I can't remember a single other moment in the New 52 in which she needed to be saved. Neither in JL or her own title.

Actually I don't know any moment where she needed to be rescued as if she was a damsel.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: And since Wonder Woman did so well against Zod and Faora when Superman could not, in issue 6 Soule decided to pair her with Faora, the lesser foe who is several ranks below her Man. No consistency whatsoever. And if you haven't seen men save Wonder Woman, Steve saved her from Graves in JL#12, Superman saved her from Ocean Master and in Injustice I lost count because there were just too many. Captain Atom, Solomon Grundy, Ares and J'onn all would've killed Wonder Woman if it weren't for Superman and Hal Jordan.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By 2cool4fun

@archizoom: Using injustice Gods Among us serves no point, since even the writer said that, that version of WW is bad, but it's the one he needed for the story.

Also, no one ever said Zod was stronger then faora, you asuming that just because he is the male is stupid, even in the movies they are the same strength. And besides it it makes more sense for superman to fight Zod, story wise of course. Since Zod will later on in the universe probably fight supes again, while the chances of him fighting WW again are small.

And okay yeah she got saved 2 times in JL, but it's not like other heroes don't ever get saved, aquaman got saved by mera, superman got saved by WW and not too mention how many times other JL members but in on his series cause he apparently can't do anything on his own.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By ArchiZoom

@2cool4fun: I had no idea Tom Taylor said he needed Wonder Woman to be a bitch so we're all being led to believe she's always been a manipulative cow and now that Metropolis has been destroyed and Superman's confused, she's finally revealing herself. But being bad doesn't mean her powers are different so for all intents and purposes she's still not quite powerful enough to survive without Superman's protection.

And Faora was decisively not as strong as Zod in Man of Steel since Zod was a far more challenging opponent for Superman and the movie's ultimate supervillain. She's Zod's lieutenant and a Woman of course, men are usually stronger than their female counterparts in comic books

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they did a very good job at writing this fight scene. It wasn't a clear statement of which characters are better but rather just who wins in this specific situation. For the most part I think that's how most super powered show downs should go down. And as for the cape thing I think it makes a lot of sense that he wrapped Diana up in it. First off it just fits his personality that he's going to do everything he can do to protect her even if she doesn't need it, but also making sure she was the one who was protected was the most practical thing to do.

I think we can assume that the explosion would effect either of them the same way. Where the one in the cape would be slightly more damaged then they were already, and the one without the cape would be an inch away from death. If superman had been protected then she would be dying and he would have no way of healing since the sun would be blocked out by the aftermath of the explosion. Where as the comic implied that she has a better healing factor then him which is also not dependent on any external forces. She can heal up relatively quick then fly Superman up to the Stratosphere where he'll get enough sun light to heal as well.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By ArchiZoom

@muffin_sangria: She has oneness with fire though so I feel like she should withstand explosions better than Superman although she's not completely invulnerable like him.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: I had no idea Tom Taylor said he needed Wonder Woman to be a bitch so we're all being led to believe she's always been a manipulative cow and now that Metropolis has been destroyed and Superman's confused, she's finally revealing herself. But being bad doesn't mean her powers are different so for all intents and purposes she's still not quite powerful enough to survive without Superman's protection.

And Faora was decisively not as strong as Zod in Man of Steel since Zod was a far more challenging opponent for Superman and the movie's ultimate supervillain. She's Zod's lieutenant and a Woman of course, men are usually stronger than their female counterparts in comic books

You are so close to true

Of course,man always stronger than woman even in the comic book,because comic book it's reaction real life,No matter what they are looking for excuses

Man stronger than WOMAN on The comic book even they are just our Imagination,and fantasy isnt have limit,so that mean you can easily make a girl billion times stronger than superman,but It makes no sense

welcome man world,lady

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By numi

I don't normally read DC but I picked up this book when it came out and I'm loving it. This issue in particular I really loved. The artwork is very good, the story is good, the pacing is good. All together they make it a pretty great book for me.

As to the brooha of whether WW is a damsel in distress or not, look, needing help from someone else at any point does not make you a damsel in distress and a secondary character. The fact is it takes a lot to be able to open up and admit that you need help and both Superman and Wonder Woman do that with each other to a point. Lord knows the basis for a good relationship is having someone you trust completely to have your back. Someone who can take care of themselves and won't look down on you or treat you like an inferior for needing your help because sooner or later you're going to need theirs as well.

The end scene with her wrapped in his cloak? We don't know what's going on under there so reserve the condemnation. I've seen a lot of talk about Supes cape being indestructible or not, well, is WW outfit indestructible? What would your reaction be if it's something as childish as her outfit got blown to pieces and he's just wrapping her in his cape? Or heck, as he says himself in the issue he wants to protect her (though she doesn't need it) and it's just instinctual for him. Like, "Thanks for that, but I'm fine" kind of thing? Furthermore, they were in the reactor for what? A minute? They probably could have both gotten out in a little bit more time but they had to shut down the gate immediately. Chill out people and stop jumping to conclusions.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: lol males are stronger than females in the Human species but Superman is Kryptonian and Wonder Woman's something else. Since her powers were gifts, her gender has no bearing on how powerful she is.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By numi

man Apollo is a A$$

Agreed, I can see the setup for a reckoning somewhere down the line. I wonder how that will play out?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By PowerWoman

@archizoom: Because the writer living in a man stronger than woman world,if our world woman is much stronger than man,then that would be change

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: yet as you can see PowerWoman, everyone is more than happy with the status quo apparently so maybe its not them it's me, a big and stupid feminist bitch as I've been told I am, because it doesn't sit right with me that the one they say is the most powerful woman in the world is yet so painfully mediocre.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Did the Super armor vaguely remind anyone else of the Witchblade?

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: yet as you can see PowerWoman, everyone is more than happy with the status quo apparently so maybe its not them it's me, a big and stupid feminist bitch as I've been told I am, because it doesn't sit right with me that the one they say is the most powerful woman in the world is yet so painfully mediocre.

Why do you consider her mediocre? Why is it all or nothing, she's better than everyone or she's nothing? It sounds like you're saying that because she isn't as strong or as fast or if she ever needs help or compromises then suddenly she's weak and slow and stupid and so on? No one is saying that here.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Super-Wonder

Did the Super armor vaguely remind anyone else of the Witchblade?

Now that you mention it, it did a little. I can't wait for the action figures! They really looked like a team for those couple of pages.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think any superhero should be at least KO-ed from a direct hit from a nuclear blast. I don't care what their feats are.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That I love you I know scene reminds me of Lois a bit.

No Caption Provided

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi: People's perception of Wonder Woman is that she's far less powerful than the most powerful men such as Superman, Shazam, J'onn, Black Adam, Flash etc and as soon as Wonder Woman runs into a powerful male adversary, she loses, usually quite humiliatingly. So the world's most powerful woman is yet so far behind her male counterparts in the hierarchy of might sadly and Soule is deliberately further emphasizing it. She's a stepford wife in this book that ultimately is about Superman.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi: People's perception of Wonder Woman is that she's far less powerful than the most powerful men such as Superman, Shazam, J'onn, Black Adam, Flash etc and as soon as Wonder Woman runs into a powerful male adversary, she loses, usually quite humiliatingly. So the world's most powerful woman is yet so far behind her male counterparts in the hierarchy of might sadly and Soule is deliberately further emphasizing it. She's a stepford wife in this book that ultimately is about Superman.

Well, this is my first book following her that I've ever collected and it doesn't appear that way within this single book to me. Perhaps you are right in the greater scheme of the DC Universe of publishing but in SM/WW I think she's holding her own ground and quite on par with SM. That is what I'm taking away from reading it and I like her character, hence why I came to a WW forum and not a SM forum.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: i think you worry to much about other perception of WW strength

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy: I care about my own perception of Wonder Woman, I worry that with so much losing and humiliation, I'll eventually have to agree with those youtubers who perceive Wonder Woman without a pollyanna bias and tons of wishful thinking.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I agree with you I really do. Forgetting Wonder Woman for a minute, its high time there was a mega powered female character..all the top tier characters, i.e. Thanos, Darkseid, Hyperion, etc, etc, are all male.

The point I have been making is that Wonder Woman has for a long time been written as being weaker than superman, so I don't think Soule is doing anything different from any other WW writer of recent times. I also think her showing in this months issue was better than some I can think of, the disgraceful Trinity book by Matt Wagner being one! Now that was a chauvinistic "Superman saves Wonder Woman" story if ever I saw one...

...I would love it if Wonder Woman was as strong as Martian Manhunter, Superman, etc. Look, I am the only guy in a household with 3 females (I have two daughters) and even both my cats are female, so I am always conscious of girl power!

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Id she not as strong as Manhunter? He's got a few other tricks up his sleeve but I assumed Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman have always been pretty much equal in strength. Superman is the only one I thought was actually stronger.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@archizoom said:

No, I agree with you I really do. Forgetting Wonder Woman for a minute, its high time there was a mega powered female character..all the top tier characters, i.e. Thanos, Darkseid, Hyperion, etc, etc, are all male.

The point I have been making is that Wonder Woman has for a long time been written as being weaker than superman, so I don't think Soule is doing anything different from any other WW writer of recent times. I also think her showing in this months issue was better than some I can think of, the disgraceful Trinity book by Matt Wagner being one! Now that was a chauvinistic "Superman saves Wonder Woman" story if ever I saw one...

...I would love it if Wonder Woman was as strong as Martian Manhunter, Superman, etc. Look, I am the only guy in a household with 3 females (I have two daughters) and even both my cats are female, so I am always conscious of girl power!

Marvel is a bit better with this. Dark Phoenix is one of the most powerful beings on Marvel Earth and Captain Universe is quite literally the most powerful being in the universe.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By ArchiZoom

@r2datu: Yes but Jean (the Woman) was the the human vessel for the Phoenix (the force) and captain universe is not a woman either, it's energy of some sort that seeks to bond with people. Jean is a very powerful telepath nonetheless but her personality is meh I like big scary ladies who are unashamedly so, like Aleka aka Artemis and Mother Russia.

@bezza: I think it's because this book is entirely about Wonder Woman and the guy she plays second fiddle to, that really hits a nerve then her personality or lack thereof amplifies my fury a million-fold. She's so witless and void of life it hurts, like Bella which sadly is not even a coincidence. I recently came by an interview where Tony S.Daniel said they were creating a book that hits on the Twilight audience, so that explains a lot.

Avatar image for prettywonderboy
prettywonderboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: i dont necessarily agree with you on the part that people think she's far less powerful than MM, captain marvel and superman. Since i was a kid, Ive always had the impression that she's not as powerful as superman but she's one of the few that can trade blows with him. She, MM and captain marvel are of the same strength. And what she lacks in strength (although she's very strong already) she makes up for it with her fighting skills. And that's what puts her ahead of some of dc's toptiers.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

@prettywonderboy: In theory post crisis Wonder Woman should be stronger then Captain Marvel. Wonder Woman had the strength of Gaea where as Marvel had the strength of Hercules. Gaea > Hercules. Since in the New 52 she's basically the female Hercules their strength show be pretty much equal now.

Avatar image for prettywonderboy
prettywonderboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: thanks for the info. Cant wait to see her full force in God mode.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Some people here think that the anti-SM/WW people are grounded in logic. They're not. They're just hating for the sake of hating.

Like Wonder Woman would want to be with a man who can't take care of himself, Feminism is about female equality, not superiority. Wonder Woman HAS NEVER been able to match Superman blow for blow. In punch for punch fight, no martial arts, no magic, Superman wins 100/100. Wonder Woman's fighting ability makes up the gap between them.

And to PW, no Kryptonian female has yet to be placed in Superman's wheelhouse. Neither SG or PW has ever been suggested as equals to Superman.