SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #6 your thoughts

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@deaditegonzo: And how much energy do you think Superman used to move that machine from Lobdell's issue? Because I am quite certain its quite a lot more than that nuke can do.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By deaditegonzo

@deaditegonzo: And how much energy do you think Superman used to move that machine from Lobdell's issue? Because I am quite certain its quite a lot more than that nuke can do.

Nowhere near as much as the fight against two Sun Amped Kryptonians can output. they could easily beat him to zero. There arent a lot of characters in all comic bookdom that could hope to even survive a fight against Sun Amped Krytponians, let alone beat them.

Basically Sun Amped Kryptonians > Weight of the Earth for Five Days straight

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288 said:

@scorpio_cassadine: This is set in the past before trinity war so yea she lives.

Yeah, the editorial note saying the story took place before the current events in the WW title was the give away. That's why I don't get the overreaction, but it's clear that haters are going to hate.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ArchiZoom

You guys are jumping to a lot of conclusions, WE DON'T KNOW DIANA IS DEAD YET!

I wouldn't be surprised if next issue she peels the cape off to reveal she's perfectly fine.

She's obviously alive. Anyone who thought the deuteragonist of this book died in issue 6 needs to go have their brain scanned for anomalies. It's completely obvious that she survived the explosion because superman wrapped her in his indestructible cape. Superman sacrificed himself for the welfare of his lady, like men are expected to do in a situation like this. Soule is so mediocre it's hard to believe someone liked this crap but to each their own, you get the shit that you deserve and pay for. This is why Wonder Woman is and will continue to be treated with so much contempt

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine said:

I wouldn't be surprised if next issue she peels the cape off to reveal she's perfectly fine.

She's obviously alive. Anyone who thought the deuteragonist of this book died in issue 6 needs to go have their brain scanned for anomalies. It's completely obvious that she survived the explosion because superman wrapped her in his indestructible cape. Superman sacrificed himself for the welfare of his lady, like men are expected to do in a situation like this. Soule is so mediocre it's hard to believe someone liked this crap but to each their own, you get the shit that you deserve and pay for. This is why Wonder Woman is and will continue to be treated with so much contempt

Amazing,you are close to the truth

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By whygamespot

During the explosion judging from the picture, there was a cape-like thing floating behide Superman's back. He probably wrap her after the explosion. But why?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

Nowhere near as much as the fight against two Sun Amped Kryptonians can output. they could easily beat him to zero. There arent a lot of characters in all comic bookdom that could hope to even survive a fight against Sun Amped Krytponians, let alone beat them.

Question,bro,what did you think wonder woman need superman save to survive a nuke blast?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By dernman

I honestly had high hopes for this series but it's coming off as a skim comic that is totally forgettable.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

@outside_85 said:

Question,bro,what did you think wonder woman need superman save to survive a nuke blast?

Question, bro, http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/power-woman-s-favorite-wonder-woman-stories-and-mo-1543397/#reply

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: I hope she can take the explosion on her own. She's supposed to. But Superman wrapped her up any way, (hopefully) not because he was a man and a man should protect his woman, but because he truly cares about her more than he cares about himself. I don't like WW being protected but I guess in a relationship they naturally look out for each other. I hope that in the future WW will protect Clark in return, instead of just being taken care of as if she's a child.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: I hope she can take the explosion on her own. She's supposed to. But Superman wrapped her up any way, (hopefully) not because he was a man and a man should protect his woman, but because he truly cares about her more than he cares about himself. I don't like WW being protected but I guess in a relationship they naturally look out for each other. I hope that in the future WW will protect Clark in return, instead of just being taken care of as if she's a child.

I hope you are right

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine said:

You're nutty as squirrel $#*t, this is the BEST Wonder Woman has been in the New 52! "Deuteragonist"? Get a grip mane! She's acting like a BOSS!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She didn't, and wrapping her in a piece of cloth isn't going to help anyways, not even if the cloth is indestructible.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista said:

I hope you are right

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/power-woman-s-favorite-wonder-woman-stories-and-mo-1543397/#reply

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By r2datu

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@archizoom said:
@scorpio_cassadine said:

You're nutty as squirrel $#*t, this is the BEST Wonder Woman has been in the New 52! "Deuteragonist"? Get a grip mane! She's acting like a BOSS!

Awful and cancerous @powerwoman posts aside, both of you have valid viewpoints. However, said viewpoints are so fundamentally different that a discussion will only lead to a prolonged flame war between the two of you. I would just ask, please refrain from slinging insults at each other.

Scorpio, Archizoom isn't "nutty", she's just passionate about Wonder Woman and what she believes to be important to the character, so please try not to be so insulting! And Archi, I would appreciate it if you weren't so vulgar and insulting to fans in your reviews of certain issues! Saying that fans of this issue are "getting the shit they deserve" is a little rude!

You're both fantastic users, just keep it clean! :)

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

She didn't, and wrapping her in a piece of cloth isn't going to help anyways, not even if the cloth is indestructible.

Of course she can survive it,Even she know that

No Caption Provided

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
@powerwoman said:

Of course she can survive it,Even she know that

No Caption Provided

Waaaaiiiiiiiiiiiting

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Uncertainty isn't proof of anything. Besides we know she is going to be fine.

And let me just add; wrapping her in his indestructible cloak is going to make little to no difference here. It's not going to absorb the pressure of the blast because it's so thin, it's not going to keep the heat or radiation out and it's not going to blunt the sheer volume of noise. It might keep you dry when facing a squirt gun, but not going to of use when thrown in the ocean.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@powerwoman: Uncertainty isn't proof of anything. Besides we know she is going to be fine.

And let me just add; wrapping her in his indestructible cloak is going to make little to no difference here. It's not going to absorb the pressure of the blast because it's so thin, it's not going to keep the heat or radiation out and it's not going to blunt the sheer volume of noise. It might keep you dry when facing a squirt gun, but not going to of use when thrown in the ocean.

This same cloak can be dipped in the sun and suffer no damage, and you doubt it's ability to protect against a nuke?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Outside_85

@saren said:

@outside_85 said:

This same cloak can be dipped in the sun and suffer no damage, and you doubt it's ability to protect against a nuke?

The cloak can go in the sun, the wearer can't.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@outside_85 said:

The cloak can go in the sun, the wearer can't.

What?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: If a wearer isn't capable of surviving the extreme temperatures of the sun, wrapping them in an indestructible cloak that isn't ultra insulating is going to be useless.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: If a wearer isn't capable of surviving the extreme temperatures of the sun, wrapping them in an indestructible cloak that isn't ultra insulating is going to be useless.

So? Who said the cloak isn't ultra-insulating? It's sole purpose is to be a protect-all kind of deal.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: She's Wonder Woman, this cape is indestructible like everything else from krypton except Krypton itself and Soule is writing this, the laws of physics don't apply.

@scorpio_cassadine: A boss of what, only 6 issues have been released and she's already been just this side of dead twice, schooled, trashed, shamed by Superman's foes.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Since when?

Right from when it was first introduced in the New 52?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By Squalleon

@outside_85: She's Wonder Woman, this cape is indestructible like everything else from krypton except Krypton itself and Soule is writing this, the laws of physics don't apply.

@scorpio_cassadine: A boss of what, only 6 issues have been released and she's already been just this side of dead twice, schooled, trashed, shamed by Superman's foes.

While Superman hasn't? You are only seeing one side of the coin.

• He was beaten badly by two kryptonians that had their powers for like two days
  • He was trashed by Apollo until he amp him with his solar blast.
  • He was BFR'ed by Doomsday
  • He was rediculed again by Zod alone this time , SERIOUSLY Zod had his powers for like a week.

WW and Supes didn't get trashed by Supes foes alone, some greek sun god had something to do with it too.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Outside_85

@saren said:

@outside_85 said:

Try again, it's only said to be indestructible when Superman picked it out of Brainiac's collection.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That not change wonder woman need cape save her

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By r2datu

Why are you so afraid?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@r2datu said:

@powerwoman said:

Why are you so afraid?

Chill the f**k out dude. Stop harassing PW.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu said:

@powerwoman said:

Why are you so afraid?

Chill the f**k out dude. Stop harassing PW.

Apologies, good sir

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except it didn't.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@outside_85 said:

Try again, it's only said to be indestructible when Superman picked it out of Brainiac's collection.

If you're asking for a panel where someone says "this material is ultra-insulating and can block out high temperatures!", then you're out of luck. Indestructible is a cover-all word that encompasses a wide range of categories of resistance. Indestructible doesn't specify insulating capabilities, but it also doesn't specify tensile strength, and yet "indestructible" was used in a tensile strength test of the same material:

No Caption Provided

To be clear, the highest known tensile strength of any substance is 63 gigapascals, which is what they use in the carbon nanotube walls for testing nukes. Kryptonian cloth is several gigapascals past the pressure threshold of a material that is capable of weathering nuclear blasts. The simple term "indestructible" doesn't cover that, but here it is. Materials like this in comic books have always had a cover-all functionality. But if anyone really needs proof, next month's SM/WW will more or less state as much after Wonder Woman survives.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Soule's not showing Superman in a very good light either but there's always grounds for Superman's defense. Doomsday didn't break his arms, Zod and Faora outnumbered him and at the height of his power, Superman can make little work of a mighty God. Wonder Woman is just out of her league.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Soule's not showing Superman in a very good light either but there's always grounds for Superman's defense. Doomsday didn't break his arms, Zod and Faora outnumbered him and at the height of his power, Superman can make little work of a mighty God. Wonder Woman is just out of her league.

Superman was beaten by Zod(alone this time) so much that he was about to break his neck(irony :-P) if WW wouldn't release Faora from her grip on issue 5. The same issue WW almost soloed both high rank military Kryptonians.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ArchiZoom

@squalleon: Soule threw a bone at us and had us choke on it. Zod was in super saiyan mode so no shame in losing for super saiyan warriors from Krypton. Wonder Woman fought Faora (the lesser foe) with everything she's got whereas Superman can go bathe in the sun and amplify his power N-fold, if need be

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Soule threw a bone at us and had us choke on it. Zod was in super saiyan mode so no shame in losing for super saiyan warriors from Krypton. Wonder Woman fought Faora (the lesser foe) with everything she's got whereas Superman can go bathe in the sun and amplify his power N-fold, if need be.

He wasn't amped or anything in issue 5. He just flat out beat Superman. Superman couldn't even land a hit.
While Faora was eaily beaten by WW.

Does this matter? WW can remove her bracelets if she needs to but she didn't.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ArchiZoom

@squalleon: so why didn't she. She's never been seen removing her bracers outside her own eponymous book, I don't think she has this ability here

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@outside_85 said:

@saren said:

@outside_85 said:

If you're asking for a panel where someone says "this material is ultra-insulating and can block out high temperatures!", then you're out of luck. Indestructible is a cover-all word that encompasses a wide range of categories of resistance. Indestructible doesn't specify insulating capabilities, but it also doesn't specify tensile strength, and yet "indestructible" was used in a tensile strength test of the same material:

No Caption Provided

To be clear, the highest known tensile strength of any substance is 63 gigapascals, which is what they use in the carbon nanotube walls for testing nukes. Kryptonian cloth is several gigapascals past the pressure threshold of a material that is capable of weathering nuclear blasts. The simple term "indestructible" doesn't cover that, but here it is. Materials like this in comic books have always had a cover-all functionality. But if anyone really needs proof, next month's SM/WW will more or less state as much after Wonder Woman survives.

Sorry, but tensile strength is exactly what I think it means when you say it's indestructible. (Also you added carbon to the mix, which is superb at heat-absorption.)

Anyways let me try with a more down to earth example of the holes in this kind of logic:

• If you have an indestructible piece of cloth and wrap it around your fist before you punch a wall, you are still going to have a sore hand unless the material actually absorbs a great deal of shock ala Captain America's shield.
  • A concussion is the result of a person banging his/her head against something and the brain is smashed around the inside of an unbroken skull. The skull is pristine, the soft bits behind it is not.

Superman's cape on the other hand, I don't believe has been mentioned as being anything other than indestructible. (Probably should consult the Morrison AC issue where a kid ran off with it.)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Saren

@outside_85 said:

Sorry, but tensile strength is exactly what I think it means when you say it's indestructible. (Also you added carbon to the mix, which is superb at heat-absorption.)

Anyways let me try with a more down to earth example of the holes in this kind of logic:

• If you have an indestructible piece of cloth and wrap it around your fist before you punch a wall, you are still going to have a sore hand unless the material actually absorbs a great deal of shock ala Captain America's shield.
  • A concussion is the result of a person banging his/her head against something and the brain is smashed around the inside of an unbroken skull. The skull is pristine, the soft bits behind it is not.

Superman's cape on the other hand, I don't believe has been mentioned as being anything other than indestructible. (Probably should consult the Morrison AC issue where a kid ran off with it.)

No, it's not. Tensile strength is one of multiple forms of breaking, and it deals only with stretching or pulling a material. It doesn't cover tearing, or cutting, or shattering, or burning, or deteriorating, or any of a dozen other ways something can break. An object is destroyed when the Van der Waals forces between atoms and molecules is overcome, breaking the bond between them and causing it to fall apart. There are multiple ways of doing that, and if an object's intra/intermolecular Van der Waals forces cannot be overcome, then it is indestructible. Carbon being superb at heat-absorption would be relevant if heat was the only byproduct of a nuclear explosion.

If Kryptonian fabric could not absorb a great deal of shock, Superman would be wearing something completely different by now because his costume would be little more than rags scattered across a few battle sites. Just last week in the Batman/Superman Annual he tanked a hit from Warworld's main cannon that could reportedly level a continent with one blast --- a substance that cannot absorb or dissipate that kind of shock would not survive.

The skull has the luxury of being surrounded by layers of skin and flesh that do absorb and reduce the quantum of mechanical force that reaches it in case of a sudden blow --- it is actually one of the primary purposes of skin and muscle. Given the right amount of force, concussions can and do also feature structural damage to the skull, varying from light cracks to serious fractures.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Squalleon

@archizoom said:

@squalleon: so why didn't she. She's never been seen removing her bracers outside her own eponymous book, I don't think she has this ability here

She doesn't for the same reason Superman didn't sun-dip before he fights Zod and Faora.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@saren: I think it would be easier to just say "comics". :p

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Outside_85

@saren said:

If Kryptonian fabric could not absorb a great deal of shock, Superman would be wearing something completely different by now because his costume would be little more than rags scattered across a few battle sites. Just last week in the Batman/Superman Annual he tanked a hit from Warworld's main cannon that could reportedly level a continent with one blast --- a substance that cannot absorb or dissipate that kind of shock would not survive.

The skull has the luxury of being surrounded by layers of skin and flesh that do absorb and reduce the quantum of mechanical force that reaches it in case of a sudden blow --- it is actually one of the primary purposes of skin and muscle. Given the right amount of force, concussions can and do also feature structural damage to the skull, varying from light cracks to serious fractures.

Supermans body however can, his cape is about as indestructible as his body is, the rest of his costume however is not (as seen when Apollo dunked him in Hephaestus' forge). In the example of Warworld it's like taking a paper thin sheet of concrete and putting a mile thick wall of the stuff behind it. Added, if Warworld had just taken the shot at the empty cape, floating in space, the shot would have carried the cape back down to Eath and wrecked havoc, the cape would be just fine.

Problem is however, there are next to no muscles around the skull and the layer of skin and tissue measures in millimeters, which makes it about as protective as a leather jacket in a bare-fist boxing match.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only complaint i had about the issue is the art during the fight scenes. Is it because kids also read it why they censored it so much? oh well can't expect everything to be perfect.

Man Apollo is a dick i hope first born rapes him thoroughly in WW29 jesus what an ass, well most Olympians are any way.

Ok i see man WW fans compalining about supes wrapping her in the blanket (i do agree that she could have survived the blast as clark did), but you gotta remember this is superman hell if kara was there he would have still wrapped her in it as well. The guy would just always put others over himself even when they are capable without him.

So there is also an issue about him them being inconsistent Hahah seriously this is a comic book inconsistency will always happen in power levels what do you expect. In a justice league issue he and wonder woman had to lift a military carrier together when both could have done it by themselves. Expect even more fluctuation of powers my friends.

Ok so glad they cleared up this took place b4 diana became god of war since i want to see clark's reaction to that.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've re-read the book again and like it better again now. I think a lot of people are over-reacting actually, me being one of them on first reading. Firstly, Wonder Woman was stalemating Zaora just like Superman was stalemating Zod before the kryptonians got power-amped. Considering Zaora is a warrior and gave Superman a bit of a beating in the MOS film, I'd say this was quite a decent showing by WW. Secondly, Supes was weakened BEFORE the explosion, which may explain why he has been hurt by the nuke. Don't forget that Zod and Faora put him in that lead lined fission plant to stop his wounds healing from the beating he got from Zod. Thirdly, is there anything wrong with Superman trying to protect WW by wrapping her in his cloak --wouldn't any man try and protect his woman? Fourthly superman only beat a God because Apollo foolishly hit him with a sun-burst (he wont do that again). Finally, the last two issues have been choc full of action, as I have said before I don't buy comics for Dickensian style plot and character developments, I buy them for escapism, action and some fantastical story. This comic gave me all of that.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: HE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT lol joking aside agree people are overacting a bit

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy:

Yeah...everyone's entitled to their opinions, but people seem to be wildly veering between "this sucks and you've got the rubbish you deserve" sort of stuff and "This is the best WW comic ever". From where I am sitting its somewhere in between, but for me nearer "great" than "garbage!"

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#100  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Loading Video...

This thread amuses me. Sorry to interrupt, please carry on :D