So Amzons are not good people.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

" Hephaestus explains to Diana the tale of the male Amazons. In order to replenish their numbers the Amazons habitually capture wayward seafarers and seduce them before killing them. Any daughters born are accepted into the group, but the males are traded to Hephaestus in return for weapons. These males are henceforth labourers to Hephaestus on his foundry and smiths."

Why WonderWoman call them her sisters they are merciless killers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By amazing_webhead

It sorta depends on the writer. But usually she knows her sisters are much more violent than her (though not quite that much) but they're still her family.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Because they are her sisters.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good point :)

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a serious note why she is hanging out with innocent men Killers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Why did they have to kill the sailors though? No one's going to believe their story anyways, so what's the point of killing them other than being straight up murderers?

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111: I don't think he wrote that in there to make the Amazon's bad people. It seems like the Amazon's have a sense of superiority over the world. They believe they have a better society, utopia, but we kind of believed it too. William Martson thought that women were the superior species. This is to show that a women based society can be just as bad or just as good as a male based society. There is no better gender. I feel like he could've shown it a better way. Diana ended that though.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

@blackhawk000111: I don't think he wrote that in there to make the Amazon's bad people. It seems like the Amazon's have a sense of superiority over the world. They believe they have a better society, utopia, but we kind of believed it too. William Martson thought that women were the superior species. This is to show that a women based society can be just as bad or just as good as a male based society. There is no better gender. I feel like he could've shown it a better way. Diana ended that though.

They are killing people after raping them and that's not make them bad peoples?

Why did they have to kill the sailors though? No one's going to believe their story anyways, so what's the point of killing them other than being straight up murderers?

This.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a serious note why she is hanging out with innocent men Killers

Like I said, they are her sisters. Diana is one of comics most compassionate and forgiving characters ever created, why should she disown her own people over this when she's forgiven and shown compassion for far worse people?

Picture this; You are a sailor, you live your working life at sea on a boat of limited size and surrounded by nothing but other dudes. When you are in port, you drink like there is no tomorrow and generally relieve yourself of all the pressure that's been building up during your months at sea.

Now, while you are out at sea, you boat gets 'invaded' by a troupe of enticing ladies who all take turns on getting knocked up on you and your fellow sailors before heading back to their boats. You have sails or even an engine to power your vessel, they have oars and paddles. So, how many sailors do you think would pass up the chance to follow these girls home?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@blackhawk000111: Have you net read all of the series yet? the whole point of this is Wonder Woman bringing change to the island.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer said:

Picture this; You are a sailor, you live your working life at sea on a boat of limited size and surrounded by nothing but other dudes. When you are in port, you drink like there is no tomorrow and generally relieve yourself of all the pressure that's been building up during your months at sea.

Now, while you are out at sea, you boat gets 'invaded' by a troupe of enticing ladies who all take turns on getting knocked up on you and your fellow sailors before heading back to their boats. You have sails or even an engine to power your vessel, they have oars and paddles. So, how many sailors do you think would pass up the chance to follow these girls home?

How does any of that still justify straight murdering the sailors though? The Amazons boarded their ships, gave themselves over to the sailors to bare their children, but none of that justifies killing the sailors.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@outside_85 said:
@war_killer said:

How does any of that still justify straight murdering the sailors though? The Amazons boarded their ships, gave themselves over to the sailors to bare their children, but none of that justifies killing the sailors.

The Amazons were an anti-male society who didn't want anyone to learn of their existence. They wouldn't even want to take the chance that no one would believe the sailors' story about getting laid with some strange naked women in the middle of the sea.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the minds of the Amazons it does. They don't want to be followed or their home found.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FoamBorn

@blackhawk000111 said:
@lilben42 said:

They are killing people after raping them and that's not make them bad peoples?

It doesn't make them "bad people" as much as just savages. Ever watched the show Vikings on History Channel, they sailed east and west to kill and plunder, they were particularly keen on iconoclasm and slew almost anyone that crossed their path, took slaves and even made human sacrifices to appease the Gods. The vikings eroticized death describing it as "Hel's embrace" and believed the souls of warriors, if worthy, were taken to Valhalla by beautiful women. This was their way of life.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: @foamborn: Still it is very hard for me to take them as a peaceful society.Nothing can justify straight murdering of sailors.Oh and I have read all issues and it is one of the best book of new 52 and I am enjoying it very much.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I won't say that they're not good people because Amazons have a mindset of "Men=Cruelty, Disrespectful etc." they were portrayed that way. For the outside world of Themiscyra it really is a bad thing that they'll just have sex with sailors then kill them, but for them, their culture varies that they have a certain beliefs and standings, amazon instinct like if they want to continue their race then they need to reproduce despite their mindset. What Hephaestus said are not a lifetime comic depiction for the Amazons, besides WW has a fine relationship with a meta-human and thus might prove that not all men are cruel. :)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

Yup, they are pretty f*cked up.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: @foamborn: Still it is very hard for me to take them as a peaceful society.Nothing can justify straight murdering of sailors.Oh and I have read all issues and it is one of the best book of new 52 and I am enjoying it very much.

I think that's kind of the point ... Azzarello is showing them as a warrior culture not a peaceful society.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lilben42

@csg_cl: Yeah. The Amazon's aren't this peaceful perfect race who do no wrong.

silver_archer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well to be fair in mythology, the greek gods weren't all that "compassionate". They were easily angered and punished those who defied them by either turning them into creatures or striking them dead. Plus considering how these amazons consider themselves to be "superior" and have a hatred towards men it makes sense that they show automatic ruthlessness and distrust when a man is in the room.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Sounds like it.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@blackhawk000111 said:

I think that's kind of the point ... Azzarello is showing them as a warrior culture not a peaceful society.

Exactly, they are based on ancient Greek society, and they are always practicing militarism.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: indeed ... But you know how some folks just assume that's some kind of sexist agenda instead of good,story telling

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Exactly, so many people have nit picked at changes to the mythos and pointed fingers, that they don't see the good story in front of them.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Some writers have portrayed Krytonians as similar, with militarism and a superiority complex, so I don't see the big deal.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modern comic book writers don't believe in advanced utopian societies, they seem to equate isolated or advanced with either barbarity or strict military/spartan rule. To make Diana look better Azzarello made the amazons into scum. It worked. As far as I know sales are up.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" Hephaestus explains to Diana the tale of the male Amazons. In order to replenish their numbers the Amazons habitually capture wayward seafarers and seduce them before killing them. Any daughters born are accepted into the group, but the males are traded to Hephaestus in return for weapons. These males are henceforth labourers to Hephaestus on his foundry and smiths."

Why WonderWoman call them her sisters they are merciless killers

They do? they kinda remind me of the Almeracian women if that's the case O_O