Scott Snyder interested in writing Wonder Woman

• 105 results
deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Scot Snyder said in Ama that he's interested in writing Wonder Woman. Post Batman run which will likely end around 50-52 issue, we might see him on title.

Personally i think it's a good idea. His story building is great with a mix of horror and suspense and right now he's one of the most selling Writer at DC. Hope it happens.

Here's the link to ama.

http://forums.millarworld.tv/t/wednesday-fan-chat-3-scott-snyder-you-missed-it/382/87

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

10 bucks say Batman shows up for no reason at all.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May God have mercy on his soul if he does write her

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Awesome! I'd read his Wonder Woman in a heartbeat.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Courtesy of Scott Snyder
Courtesy of Scott Snyder

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO NO NO NO NO!

Keep him away from Wonder Woman. I think it will be fine if Geoff Johns write her next run.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...i don't know what to think of this.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes.

@somayareece said:

NO NO NO NO NO!

Keep him away from Wonder Woman. I think it will be fine if Geoff Johns write her next run.

No Caption Provided

TonyChu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd at least like to see Snyder try.

Wonder Woman is a harder character to write & generally separates good from great. Plus, Snyder is going to write something that's quiet different from his general (horror/thriller) style.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

He failed to use her in Superman Unchained

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

He failed to use her in Superman Unchained

He failed at using Superman in Superman Unchained

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter said:

Awesome! I'd read his Wonder Woman in a heartbeat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will blackmail DC if they let Snyder write her.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Batman/Wonder Woman romance.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

This is why Superman and Wonder Woman fans don't get nice things

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Both characters are victims of crappy and cringeworthy writing. I believe their fans have a right to rage.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saren

@saren: Both characters are victims of crappy and cringeworthy writing. I believe their fans have a right to rage.

You have a right to rage about terrible writing, but really, if you think Snyder writing Wonder Woman is an unequivocally bad idea, you sort of deserve what you get. Beyond the collective chip on the shoulder Superman and Wonder Woman fans have about Batman, there isn't a good reason Snyder wouldn't write Wonder Woman and her mythos well, and "He wrote an embarrassing encounter between Diana and Batman in a Batman book" is a terrible reason. There isn't another writer at DC who could replicate and expand on Azzarello's run as well as Snyder could; it's the sort of environment that lends itself very well to his strengths as a horror writer on books like Wytches, American Vampire and The Black Mirror.Even his Swamp Thing run was a good bit of superhero horror; its only problem was pacing since Rotworld dragged on for too long.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Mercy_

Yes, please

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Why shouldn't Snyder write her? Admittedly I am a self confessed Snyder Batman fanboy, but I also liked superman unchained and think he could do a decent enough WW comic....

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I actually like this idea :|

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Superguy1591

@saren: His Superman was boring and helpless and did nothing of significance in his Superman book, but we had Batman show up to taunt him every now and then. Snyder, himself, often throws needless jabs at Superman for Batman's sake.

He wrote an entire fight scene revolving around the JL getting beat up by Batman just because he "wanted to prove that Batman is the best Superhero ever."

Plus, he had a chance to use Diana in Unchained but elected not to and used Lois Lane instead. Diana was Superman's girl all through out his run and she earned a place in that comic over Batman and N52 Lois Lane.

Forgive people if they don't want to read Batman in books not title Batman, but I think, like Bruce Timm, Snyder should stick to Batman and leave the JL members alone because he clearly only views them as pawns for Batman to topple over.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CSG_CL

@saren: maybe, but Unchained was a disaster IMO ... Poorly scripted and rambling not to mention the constant delays (although I'm not sure how much to blame Snyder may have been). With that said, I doubt anything could be as big a disaster as the current run is proving to be ... So bring on anyone with the kind of pedigree Snyder has.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

I don't see it as a bad thing, but I can understand peoples concerns.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: His Superman was boring and helpless and did nothing of significance in his Superman book, but we had Batman show up to taunt him every now and then. Snyder, himself, often throws needless jabs at Superman for Batman's sake.

He wrote an entire fight scene revolving around the JL getting beat up by Batman just because he "wanted to prove that Batman is the best Superhero ever."

Plus, he had a chance to use Diana in Unchained but elected not to and used Lois Lane instead. Diana was Superman's girl all through out his run and she earned a place in that comic over Batman and N52 Lois Lane.

Forgive people if they don't want to read Batman in books not title Batman, but I think, like Bruce Timm, Snyder should stick to Batman and leave the JL members alone because he clearly only views them as pawns for Batman to topple over.

His Superman was no more helpless than anything Lobdell or Johns wrote. Superman beat Wraith all on his own in the penultimate issue of the series after initial losses, just as he beat H'El and Ulysses eventually. On that front, you could argue Johns' Superman was more helpless than Snyder's, given that Ulysses beats his ass twice before Superman manifests a new power that saves him. At least Snyder had Superman thinking his way to victory against a more powerful foe rather than getting a lucky break out of nowhere. I'm not sure what taunts you're talking about, or what taunts Batman throws under Snyder that he hasn't historically thrown under lots of other writers. The first two arcs of BM/SM were nothing but Superman and Batman bitching about each other, for example.

He also wrote a fight scene where a Superman villain beat the tar out of Batman and then a whole issue about Superman defeating that villain without Batman's secret weapon to help. Yes, Batman beat up the Justice League in a Batman book; unless the fear is that Batman is going to just pop up in Wonder Woman's book to beat her up for no reason, I don't see what the point is. Batman is Superman's closest friend in the cape community and has been for a long time now. There are very few Superman writers over the last twenty years who haven't had Batman pop up in Clark's stories. The only reason this is suddenly something to gripe about is because it's Snyder.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Azzarello outright refused to feature Diana's relationship with Superman in his run. Lobdell's Superboy origin came mere weeks after Justice League #12, and it blatantly showed Clark eventually breaks up with Diana, marries Lois and has a baby with her. Greg Pak has mostly ignored Wonder Woman as well in his AC and BM/SM stories in favor of Lana and Lois respectively; the brunt of her involvement in Pak stories was because of the Doomed crossover. Pak's Superman has more of a relationship with Toyman than he does with Wonder Woman; hell, according to Xa-Du, Superman cares about Batman more than he does about Wonder Woman. The Futures' End writers had the relationship completely collapse in the future, and when the new Superman showed up, it was Lois who got involved. Even Johns featured Superman's relationship with Batman more than his relationship with Diana in his brief run --- I'm not entirely sure Diana even appears in Johns' run, despite Johns having created the relationship in the first place. Nobody likes that relationship. The only writers who care about the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship are the ones with the unhappy task of writing that book, mired as it is in soppy cliches and mediocrity. Diana does not fit in Clark's mythos and every attempt at making that work has been dreck at best and horse manure at worst.

If Batman did not appear in a hypothetical Wonder Woman written by Scott Snyder, would you be for it then?

@csg_cl said:

@saren: maybe, but Unchained was a disaster IMO ... Poorly scripted and rambling not to mention the constant delays (although I'm not sure how to blame Snyder may have been). With that said, I doubt anything could be as big a disaster as the current run is proving to be ... So bring on anyone with the kind of pedigree Snyder has.

I doubt the delay was Snyder's fault given that Batman's only delays are from editorial decisions like releasing #40 late to sync with the FCBD issue. Lee, on the other hand, has a reputation for delays, and I believe his wife had just had a baby around that time so his attention was elsewhere.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Well, as much as I don't like Lobdell, it's foolish to compare Lobdell to Snyder--Lobdell has great respect for Superman. As far as helplessness, Superman was never helpless under Lobdell. Superman handled his business under Lobdell by himself, just not in a fun or interesting manner.

As far as Johns, never mention Snyder's name in the same breath as Johns when it comes to Superman. Johns phoned in his run and did nothing inspiring, but he at least showed he understood Superman with his last issue.

Snyder's Superman was, according to Lex, was a dog chasing a car. He doesn't really know what he's doing, he has no real motives or philosophy. He just works on trial and error.

As far as Wraith is concerned, Superman didn't beat him--he inconvenienced him slightly since Wraith was the one who saved the day in end. Superman didn't really think his way out either. Superman limited Wraith's energy consumption and then basically fought dirty like Batman would to get Wraith to the ground.

Like I said, Superman didn't beat Wraith, he didn't beat Lane, he didn't stop the alien invasion...he didn't really do anything worth speaking of.

As far as Snyder's taunting, sommeone asked Snyder a question about Superman in a Q&A and his response was something about Batman beating him up when the question had nothing to do with Batman. Plus, Superman and Batman throwing jabs at one and other in a team up book is fine if they're self-aware and both participating in it. Unchained was not that! It was one sided. Superman came asking for help and Batman decided to make him say "uncle" because he's Batman.

I don't care about a villain beating up Batman. Every villain that's a threat to Superman should beat Batman. As far as why I have a problem with Batman's presence in Unchained is simply because I didn't buy Batman and Superman, I bought a Superman book that was supposed to be his 75th year book. I wanted to see him handle his own issues. Has Superman shown up in Eternal yet? 52 books, but no Superman in Batman's anny book.

Azzerello refused to feature it because he didn't like it, but at least he went with a closed universe. Only essential characters were used in Azz's story. Secondly, don't remind me of Lobdell's abomination. I already said Lobdell was disrespectful to Diana his whole run so I don't know why you're highlighting him.

Greg Pak wasn't allowed to touch much of Superman when he started. I think Wonder Woman was reserved for SM/WW exclusively. And Pak was joking about Superman and Batman, not to mention that all Pak said was Superman loved Batman more than Lois, not Diana. Diana wasnt an option for Batman to use as bait since she's Wonder Woman.

As far as Johns, Diana was never going to be featured. Johns already said his chapter was supposed to feature the Daily Planet and getting Clark back to that. BATMAN featured because Romita has been saying how much he wanted to draw Batman since he got on the book. According to what I've been told, he came to DC for Batman, not Superman. Geoff also probably used him for a sales boost to get the new power featured to a larger audience.

Finally, of course I wouldn't mind if Snyder wrote a story featuring either Wonder Woman, Superman or any of the JL if Batman didn't show, but can he help it? Probably not. I don't think I've ever called him a bad writer, I just think he would realize we don't all think Batman is Bat-God.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: I'll take just about anyone save Tomasi over Finch at this point

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Right now, I'd grab Snyder faster than the Flash and put him on WW before the Finch's can ruin the book even more.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He already said this a long time ago in another interview where he was listing characters he wanted to write

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CaptainMarvel4Ever  Online

@somayareece said:

I think it will be fine if Geoff Johns write her next run.

I'd like to see that as well

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO NO NO NO NO!

After what he did in Superman, I think he'll just end up retconning her Demi God origin and go back to her Clay Origin :/

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and Wonder Woman will be appearing in the next arc of Tony Daniel's Deathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and Wonder Woman will be appearing in the next arc of Tony Daniel's Deathstroke

I am already worried about Daniel going on a powertrip showcasing how powerful and skilled his Deathstroke is by having him beat up the power couple.

Note: Oh and NO! No Geoff Johns and his defective attentionspan. If it goes the way of his Superman mini-run, we will have him announced, lots of hype from every one, a wait of three months before it comes out, and then he bails after 6 issues or so because he has to interfere with a movie or TV show.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see it. Idk if it'd be any good, but I like his work on the rest of the Trinity :)

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd read it, but I think it's unlikely to happen any time soon, if at all.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saint_wildcard said:

I am already worried about Daniel going on a powertrip showcasing how powerful and skilled his Deathstroke is by having him beat up the power couple.

That's a bit harsh :/. Idk, it depends on how much they will appear in the arc, but I doubt it's just to job.Daniel's is beloved by the SM/WW fan community, doubt he wants to screw over his fanbase.

@saint_wildcard: Exactly, I think Snyder doing her work is a risky idea.

Huh? No, that was a jab at Geoff Johns.I also don't like Snyder, but after what Johns did in his Superman run, he's on my bad side.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Outside_85

@saint_wildcard said:

That's a bit harsh :/. Idk, it depends on how much they will appear in the arc, but I doubt it's just to job.Daniel's is beloved by the SM/WW fan community, doubt he wants to screw over his fanbase.

To be honest, I dont think the modern comic creator cares all that much about what other people than their bosses think, due to the invention of social media which to creators is a double sided blade. They can get instant praise for their work, but they also get unbelievable amounts of abuse. The way I think they cope with it is to generally go "F it, if they like it its great, if not too bad because I think it's great." (And at the end of the day, it's them that have to live with the work for the rest of their career.)

I wouldn't put it past DC or Daniels to have Deathstroke make a better fight of it than it should be, because thats pretty much par of the course when DC pits the modern Deathstroke against anyone we've known before. Like Johns had him take on 20 or so Teen Titans and make more of a show of himself that he ought to be capable of, even when put up against a handful that could have killed him in the blink of an eye.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I dont think the modern comic creator cares all that much about what other people than their bosses think, due to the invention of social media which to creators is a double sided blade. They can get instant praise for their work, but they also get unbelievable amounts of abuse. The way I think they cope with it is to generally go "F it, if they like it its great, if not too bad because I think it's great." (And at the end of the day, it's them that have to live with the work for the rest of their career.)

I wouldn't put it past DC or Daniels to have Deathstroke make a better fight of it than it should be, because thats pretty much par of the course when DC pits the modern Deathstroke against anyone we've known before. Like Johns had him take on 20 or so Teen Titans and make more of a show of himself that he ought to be capable of, even when put up against a handful that could have killed him in the blink of an eye.

How can they not care what their customers think, that's just incredibly remiss. I learned in school that the fundamental difference between art and design, in a nutshell, is that art is pure self-expression with complete creative freedom whereas designers create with a view to attaining commercial success so obviously reception and customer feedback are of the utmost importance. In the comic book industry though it looks like they get to chalk up their creative failures to their customers being haters and get away with mediocre output, even Lady Finch avails herself of such luxuries. It's perplexing that the inexperienced wife of a mediocre artist secured a high-profile character in the first place...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Look up the definition of powertrip and Wonder Woman would be listed as an example. She has been a victim of the ideology throughout her whole history. We can see her kicking the crap out of Superman on one panel then have her get oneshotted by Batman on the next. Writers are the ones to blame and we as fans have every right to complain when certain writers get the job to write her only to just mock everything she stands for.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i feel like everyone bitching here does not consider Snyder to be a good writer. Whenever Snyder writes, he creates a very deep background and uses new characters more than the old ones. Look at how good and deep he has created Gotham mythos. And everyone bitching about Batman popping up, didn't him and clark come up in recent issues? And to everyone thinking Snyder is a horrible 2 bit writer who hasn't written anything good, go look at his indie works from American vampire, wythes And Wake. He's not just interested in writing her because yeah why not, he loves that character and has good enough knowledge of her.

Everyone has their opinions and it's ok but don't judge his capability as a writer because of one appearance of Diana in a bat book.

And everyone has their fantasy writers they want their favorite books to write, i want Ruka to write her but realistically that's not happening. Finch's aweful writing somehow gave that book sales bump and DC are fine with it, unless some writer goes to them and tell them they're bloody interested in writing her, we are all stuck with finch. I would really loce to pick up that title once again and Snyder would surely make me do that.

Just look at it from this perspective, we're stuck with aweful and inexperienced writers unless a good writer walks up to DC editorial themselves and says, hey how about i do this. DC editorial are still delusional enough to think that books will sell themselves because their characters are popular enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathfalcon182: Maybe he should put that much effort in his movies because they're GARBAGE and he is one of the main reasons why DC is being held back.