#1 Edited by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Similar to my post on Captain Marvel, here are some ideas to revitalize some of Wonder Woman's non-gods foes.

Cheetah: A British aristocrat whose family is known for their archaeological exploits, Barbara Minerva is mysteriously appears wherever Wonder Woman is, as she is quite interested in this new door into ancient Greece that now exists through Wonder Woman. Eventually, however, she and her family are outed as not archaeologists, but professional grave robbers. Seeking to reclaim her former fortune through more treasure, she and her butler/guide Chuma travel to a Mediterranean island, whose inhabitants worship the nature goddess Urtzkartaga (or something like that). Captured by the natives and chosen as the immortal hostess of the dark goddess, Minerva is given the powers of the Cheetah. These include superhuman strength in league with Supes and WW, Speed Force level speed, resistance to bullets and piercing weapons(something Diana herself does not have), healing factor, keen animal senses, and claws that are as tough as she is. Her appearance is similar to the Perez version, except clothed(hate naked Cheetah) in an armor that is almost parody of Diana's costume. Instead of weird elf ears, she has actual round Cheetah ears on the top of her head like in Justice League: Doom. To rival Diana's "god-mode", Barbara has a "beast-mode", in which she loses complete control and is much like the savage and feral Perez version. Minerva is actually the female Cheetah, whereas Sebastian Ballestros is a male "King Cheetah" who faces Diana's half-brother Heracles. She later kills a potential usurper named Priscilla Rich, who she feels is "just lame, thinking that dressing like a cat makes her worthy".(Physically threat to WW)

Dr. Psycho: A Swedish immigrant, Edgar Cizko's deformed appearance and short stature is due to incest. In school, he is picked on at school as a child. His one friend is Sylvia Anita, an American girl. He has a strange view of women, as his mother was a loose woman who had him by her brother. After falling in love with Anita, he feels betrayed when he sees her kissing a popular boy at school. His rage causes his metagene to activate, with his psychic powers causing everyone around him to feel his anger. Eventually, he makes his way to America, where he faces Wonder Woman and is essentially them same as usual. He suffers from histrionic disorder, as well alopecia. (Psychic threat to WW)

Dr. Cyber: The aforementioned Sylvia Anita, she reunites with Edgar, who confides his love for her. She eventually rejects his constant affection whole-heartedly. Though a nice woman, she is somewhat vain, considering herself one of the most beautiful women in the world, besides WW of course. Enraged again, Edgar beats her, but warps her mind to think that she is being beaten by WW for "challenging her throne". For revenge, she dons an Apokolyptian armor sold to her by Paula Von Gunther, who bought it from Intergang. (physical threat to WW)

Paula Von Gunther: A proud Neo-Nazi American woman who is named after her Nazi grandmother, who served and died in WW2. She would essentially be the "Penguin" for WW, basically just extorting or selling to other villains. Her assistant is a young girl named Mavis, who is somewhat wary of the Neo-Nazi ideology. (psychological threat to WW)

Dr. Poison: A demented yet stunningly beautiful Asiatic woman, who says nothing but the expression "Maru", she would essentially a mute version of Strife, with her demented form of gags being purely visually. Obsessed with medicines, poisons, and how they affect people, she dons a costume that is a cross between her classic costume and more surgeon-like look. She befriends Dr. Cyber, essentially being the Harley to her Ivy. She is not actually much of a threat to Wonder Woman physically, and neither are her toxins; however, these toxins can affect regular humans, and thus can makes her similar to some of the terrorist like things that Smallville did with Toyman( one of its few redeemable qualities).(psychological threat to WW)

Silver Swan: Basically the Perez version (Valerie Beaudry), just updated. Though it would hit some of the same "deformity" notes as Dr. Pscyho, she would bring a relatable story of online predators and dating. Resembles a cyborg human with features of a swan, and mechanical plumage. (physical threat to ww)

Veronica Cale: WW's Lex Luthor. (psychological threat to WW)

I'll update this a bit, so stay tuned for more.

Edit:

Ares: Tell Ares' tale, with him transitioning from the Silver Age esque red bearded form, to the heavily armored Perez form who reveled in battle, to the somber Azzarello form. I would slowly push him back into a more villainous role, with him appearing with his children Eris, Deimos, and Phobos. Persuaded to get back to the "good old days" by his kids, he essentially recreates the Perez Gods and Mortals storyline and creates havoc in world militaries and economies, trying to cause WW3. Instead of the U.S.S.R., he manipulates the Middle East. (physical threat to WW)

Duke of Deception/Earl of Greed: Two powerful generals who Ares uses to corrupt world politics and economies. The names they take on Earth are Duke Desmond and Earl Green. (psychological threat to WW)

Blue Snowman: A reconnaissance droid sent to explore arctic areas, the Blue Snowman's programming goes haywire and WW must stop it. (physical threat to WW)

Aegeus: A Greek terrorist who attempts to take advantage of the anarchy of the falling Greek economy, he is giving power by Ares. (physical threat to WW)

Circe: same as before, Odyssey and all. (physical threat to WW)

Angle Man: Angelo Bend, same as Jimenez version. (physical threat to WW)

Mouse Man: A rat-crap insane villain. No, really. This villain is a homeless box-dweller in New York whose brain is so fried on drugs that he thinks he can talk to rats. He believes that they are telling him to destroy all of humanity and leave Earth for the rats to rule. Thus, he dons a mouse costume and does the most evil and heinous acts he can think of, which include: randomly punching people and then running away, pissing on mailboxes, eating packs of cheese in the store and not paying for it, and even going so far as to spray paint "Cats suck" on the White House. Whenever he "communicates with rats, he imagines that he is their size, with the art style changing into a Grant Morrison Vertigo book-esque purple haze. As his favorite cheese is feta, he obviously comes into conflict with Wonder Woman( a Greek), who is alerted to his presence by fellow Greek America Julia Kapetelis(Perez run for the win!) Then, she soundly punches him and delivers him to the authorities. (non-threat to anyone, not even a mouse)

Giganta: A scientist who studies gorillas, Doris Zuel believes more in science than magic, despite the existence of WW and the Justice League Dark. Soon, however, she discovers that she is descended from a race of Celtic ginger giants, and has the ability to change her size. (physical threat to WW)

.....and.....the one........the only...............................Egg Fu!: Egg Fu is a WW2 era cartoon with an almost comedically racist depiction of Chinese people, namely its racial caricature prot-egg-anist(see what I did there?) A young boy named Chang Tzu, who is actually a fan of the cartoon as a child, becomes a mad scientist. His first creation is an egg shaped armor in the form of his favorite cartoon hero. His reasoning behind this is to embrace cultural stereotypes, as well as defeat the Americans with their own racist creation. (physical threat to WW)

Crimson Centipede: A vile and perverted scientist, who experiments in creating human-animal hybrids, he fuses himself with characteristics of a centipede (mirroring the disgusting film The Human Centipede), and ends up causing havoc throughout London, with his chemicals mutating the population.
(physical threat to Wonder Woman)

Cyborgirl: Latonya Charles is the niece of Sarah Charles. She aims to be a prototype for a new cyborg armor, mirroring that of JL member Cyborg. She fights Wonder Woman as I way to show her "technologically advanced superiority" to the "old Greek fart". (physical threat to Wonder Woman)

Queen Clea: Outcast from Atlantis who makes a deal with Poseidon, targets Wonder Woman and Aquaman. (physical threat to Wonder Woman)

Devastation: To Cronus and his Titans what Diana is to Zeus and the Olympians. Whereas Diana is a beautiful woman who could be vain and sensual but is instead modest, Devastation is a small child who could be cute but is cruel and evil. (physical threat to Wonder Woman)

#2 Edited by lilben42 (2608 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: Nah, what they need to do is have Vandal savage as more of a wonder woman villain instead of Veronica Gale.

#3 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've had Dr.Cyber work alongside Ivo and T.O. Morrow and Slias Stone in the New 52. Also Dr.Poison could be a chemical supplier for villains like Joker or Scarecrow. Paula von Gunther should be revamped into a female Deadshot of some sort. I would've also brought back Cyborgirl due to Cyborg's new push in the New 52.

#4 Posted by theOVOXO (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather Priscilla Rich from Justice by Alex Ross as Cheetah. She was boss walking in a building walking two cheetahs. And then sacrificing them for meta-human powers to kill Wonder Woman.

#5 Edited by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@theovoxo said:

I'd rather Priscilla Rich from Justice by Alex Ross as Cheetah. She was boss walking in a building walking two cheetahs. And then sacrificing them for meta-human powers to kill Wonder Woman.

This

#6 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The current Wonder Woman is very powerful and it will be difficult to update the old WW villains. Cheetah can easily be the daughter of a cat god. Maybe reboot Angle Man and Dr Cyber as the children of the fire god. Veronica Cale can be the daughter of Athena. Devastation can be the daughter of Titan Cronus. Duke of Deception can be a son of Ares. Since Giganta is big, she can be the daughter of greek mythology giants. Genocide can be a daughter of Ares.

#7 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@theovoxo:I would honestly write a story in which Barbara kills Priscilla Rich, a rich socialite in a rival English family. I would namely do this because I hate anything and everything about Golden/Silver Age Wonder Woman.

#8 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to wonder woman has a really powerful villains,like a female Kryptonian,they are battle in the space,each blow can destroy a planet,cosmic havoc!

#9 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: we need a really powerful villains to match wonder woman,like superman-doomsday,shazam-black adam,we need wonder woman villains is really powerful not like some street charaters,though DC always use some street charater to match superman but i hope they are really creater some powerful villains to fight with wonder woman,i want to see they are each blow can destroy planets,toe with toe just like superman vs zod

#10 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

The current Wonder Woman is very powerful and it will be difficult to update the old WW villains. Cheetah can easily be the daughter of a cat god. Maybe reboot Angle Man and Dr Cyber as the children of the fire god. Veronica Cale can be the daughter of Athena. Devastation can be the daughter of Titan Cronus. Duke of Deception can be a son of Ares. Since Giganta is big, she can be the daughter of greek mythology giants. Genocide can be a daughter of Ares.

They shouldn't tie all of WW's villains with mythology. It'll be harder for DC to use them in other media.

#11 Posted by 4_color_image (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Connect all three Cheetahs...

Originally from Gotham City , Original Cheetah, Priscilla Rich, was an actress and debutant who suffered from Schizophrenia that fully manifested when she was rejected by actor Basil Karlo. Kind of a Doctor Jackal/ Mr. Hide type scenario; Blond Bombshell by day, psycho jewel thief by night, Priscilla had no real super powers but was a master of disguise equipped with razor sharp gloves, a 'robot' tail and a hatred for Wonder Woman whom Basil said was more beautiful than Priscilla. Diana eventual captured Prisicilla & helped reformed her. Eventually she retunrs to her previous job as a college professor & is considered a role model by a young British student named Barbara Ann Minerva. Barbara & Pricilla's niece, Deborah Domaine, became friends. Barbara had ulterior motives for becoming Debbie's friend and that was an unhealthy obsession with Priscilla. Unfortunately, Debbie inherited the Schizophrenia Priscilla had been cured from.

When Pricilla refused to once again assume the role of the Cheetah and join Kobra they kidnapped Deborah & with Dr. Psycho’s help, manipulated the psychosis until she was driven mad. Kobra also cyberneticly & genetically enhanced Debbie with super speed, senses, strength & reflexes. Debbie, not realizing she was the new Cheetah had several run-ins with Diana, but Barbara figured it out & wanted to take full advantage of this knowledge to become the next Cheetah. As Debbie & Barbara grew older they remained friends & both became archeologists; however only Barbara was world renowned.

Though digging together, Barbara is credited for discovering an African tribe that worship a plant god, Urtzkartaga, who’s avatar was a were-cat. Debbie is jealous and on an excavation in Africa sabotages the dig. Both ladies are trapped in a cave-in, with no food or water, Barbara did the unthinkable & killed Debbie and consumed her remains. Once rescued, Barbara took the opportunity to pillage Debbie’s belongings & discovered her Cheetah costume.

As the new Cheetah Minerva returned to Africa searching for the plant god, which brought her into contact with Grodd and the Secret Society of Super Villains. She began to terrorize the tribe trying to force out their secrets & this brought her into conflict with Diana. While entangled in Diana’s lasso, she realizes that Debbie had never actually existed but was instead another personality of Barbara. Barbara then begins to rip the cybernetic enhancements from her body, escapes Diana’s lasso & retreats into the jungle. Later she is found by a member of the tribe, a priest named Chuma, who used the ritual of the cat to save her life and making her a true were-cat. Upon Diana & Barbara’s next encounter, Diana discovers that Barbara is now immune to the Golden lasso!

#12 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (807 posts) - - Show Bio

See what Azzarello has done with this bogus daughter of Zeus business? Now everyone has to have a divine parent, it's so vapid and clichéd.

#13 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

I ACTUALLY LIKE ALOT OF THESE. I THOUGHT DR. PSYCHO THE BEST.

#14 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Like some of the ideas presented. The Cheetah variations were intriguing.

And true, current WW is so wrapped up with gods that she hardly ever has any connection to humans. Or human adversaries. Her stories don't even need to take place in my Man's World.

#15 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

And true, current WW is so wrapped up with gods that she hardly ever has any connection to humans. Or human adversaries. Her stories don't even need to take place in my Man's World.

Yes, but her villains can still get a revamp from appearing elsewhere. Dr. Poison could be a chemical supplier to major baddies like Joker and Scarecrow. Dr. Cyber should be revamped as a member of ARGUS and work alongside Ivo and Morrow. Cyborgirl should be revamped as well because Cyborg has a bigger presence now.

#16 Posted by lilben42 (2608 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should all have signature moves.

#17 Posted by Press Oblivion (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah.

#18 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Priscilla Rich is a lame remnant of the Golden Age whose Cheetah jammies make her seem more like a poor man's Catwoman and less like Diana's rival. So funny when Ross tried to make her seem "badass" in Justice.

#19 Posted by 4_color_image (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Priscilla Rich is a lame remnant of the Golden Age whose Cheetah jammies make her seem more like a poor man's Catwoman and less like Diana's rival. So funny when Ross tried to make her seem "badass" in Justice.

That was why I placed her in Gotham in my revamped Cheetah origin.

#20 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

And not everyone needs to be tied to myth

#21 Posted by Black_Claw (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: I love all of these Ideas man, especially the one for my man Ares because him and Diana basically being friendly with one another is one of the only things I hate about Azzy's run right now. Also, GLORY TO THE MOUSE MAN!!!

#22 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: Ares needs to fight and stop being an old ass man

#23 Posted by lilben42 (2608 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Inventa seeks Thymiscira for all the lost technology and magic that many amazons log neglected especially Dianna. She knows more of Thymiscira that even the gods neglected. She is able to weaponized anything. She has no problem using magic and technology and feels that anyone who limits themselves using only one is not using most of it.

She would make her own lasso of truth just to show Wonder Woman and the gods is not as unique as people claim she is. When she dies she would build something to get out underworld. Plot device of course it is she plotted it and built it.

Crimson Centipede seeks take the role of God of War and feels Aries thinks too small. He seeks to make galactic war. In his spare time he makes flame wars in every forum board he can find. He seeks to make everyone fight each other even being a total troll to do it