Old Wonder Woman is Back!

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ZhuRong

Move aside New 52 Wonder Woman because the real Amazonian Princess is back to lay the smackdown. The Convergence event will feature the Wonder Woman we all fell in love with. Get ready to take a interesting break from the joke DC turned her into. How do you guys feel about this breath of fresh air?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Do we even have much information to get excited about?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

huh so they brought back GA WW?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't count my chicken before they hatch if I were you

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: I know but i'm so sick of the bashing she been receiving lately. People are so immature calling her "pathetic" and a "chump".

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@foamborn: I know but i'm so sick of the bashing she been receiving lately. People are so immature calling her "pathetic" and a "chump".

I know and it pains me that DC keep feeding them reasons to trash-talk Wonder Woman.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: Exactly. Did you see her in the latest issue of SM/WW? Like really DC? I bet the haters have orgasms at the fact that DC is feeding them those reasons.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@foamborn: Exactly. Did you see her in the latest issue of SM/WW? Like really DC? I bet the haters have orgasms at the fact that DC is feeding them those reasons.

Yeah they employ this technique to ridicule villains where they have the bad guys talk themselves up only to get beaten up pretty badly, they also use it on Wonder Woman

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: that's rich since you call her more names than pretty much any other poster on this forum

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@foamborn: that's rich since you call her more names than pretty much any other poster on this forum

That's true but rich since you dedicate so much of your time bedeviling me. We're all just bitches in the end but the difference is that I don't try to manipulate people. In fact I think you're sociopathic, to some degree. In my defense, I usually name-call to identify a problem. I've also been more mindful of the words I use to describe, not Wonder Woman but the personalities they have her don so what I'm really doing is bashing them and I believe that's usually been understood.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@csg_cl said:

That's true but rich since you dedicate so much of your time bedeviling me. We're all just ******* in the end but the difference is that I don't try to manipulate people. In fact I think you're sociopathic, to some degree. In my defense, I usually name-call to identify a problem. I've also been more mindful of the words I use to describe, not Wonder Woman but the personalities they have her don so what I'm really doing is bashing them and I believe that's usually been understood.

whatever helps you sleep at night ... I just refuse to sit back and watch you troll WW simply because the character doesn't now and never has fit into your world view. you constantly "slut shame" women and WW in your posts and belittle any point of view that doesn't match your own childlike view of the universe. I'm sorry, but women can wear makeup, high heels and any kind of clothing they want to without it immediately being anti-feminist.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@zhurong said:

I don't really get that people are hating on her that much, just that she's been nerfed into this character who is always getting arse kicked so much that people have had enough. The latest issue of WW didn't do anything to change that. I've had a soft spot for WW since watching Lynda Carter in my childhood, so I definitely want to see a powerful WW, believe me!! But tbh, I am close to giving up with the character there's only so much you can take!

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FoamBorn

@csg_cl said:

whatever helps you sleep at night ... I just refuse to sit back and watch you troll WW simply because the character doesn't now and never has fit into your world view. you constantly "slut shame" women and WW in your posts and belittle any point of view that doesn't match your own childlike view of the universe. I'm sorry, but women can wear makeup, high heels and any kind of clothing they want to without it immediately being anti-feminist.

ok then keep banging away CSG_CL I will no longer reply to your calumnious lies and wild extrapolations because I know more lies and wild extrapolations will follow ad infinitum lest the exchange become cluttered with truth that I may use to prove my case and expose your two-facedness

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@csg_cl said:

ok then keep banging away CSG_CL I will no longer reply to your calumnious lies and wild extrapolations because I know more lies and wild extrapolations will follow ad infinitum lest the exchange become cluttered with truth that I may use to prove my case and expose your two-facedness

to paraphrase the Princess Bride "you keep using words, I'm not sure they mean what you think they mean" ... in order to be two-faced, I'd have to pretend that I like you.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#17 inferiorego  Staff

...The first issue is awful and a giant leap back in character.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

to paraphrase the Princess Bride "you keep using words, I'm not sure they mean what you think they mean" ... in order to be two-faced, I'd have to pretend that I like you.

Not toward me but you're two-faced towards other people whose gullibility you clearly rely on to push your pathetic agenda, you're instructing them to hate me. I know you bleeped out the word "bitch" and clicked flag in the hope that Saren would terminate my account. You're that crazy CSG_CL, you're like a gay, comicvine version of Francis Underwood.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

which old wonder woman are you talking?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: oh ok thanks

I see no reason to get existed if you missed her so much OP why not take up a pre 52 book featuring her?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: You own every single one? There are 100s of them.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Some are physical and most are digital

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: what I'm supposed to feel bad about following the forums rules? Yes I bleeped out the swear words you so love to use, despite multiple warnings. I do this because I have some respect for the fact that there are rules on here ... Something sociopaths don't understand. I don't care if you you get banned for life or not, you mean nothing to me, but I have spent too much of my life fighting for equality to sit back and say nothing when someone like you spews retoric that sets back the cause by 40 years simply because you've never lived a minute of true discrimination.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: See so it not like she went anywhere really. So no need to be so condescending to new 52 diana.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ZhuRong

@primebonnick: Well we aren't getting nomore updates of her and New 52 Wonder Woman is a shadow of her.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By Saren

@foamborn: @csg_cl: Act your age, please, both of you. If you don't like each other, all you have to do is stop talking to or about one another. It isn't hard.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@foamborn: @csg_cl: Act your age, please, both of you. If you don't like each other, all you have to do is stop talking to or about one another. It isn't hard.

Seriously Saren, I never talk to him. He talks to me. What am I supposed to do, sit here while he tells everyone how much of a dumb ho I am

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@foamborn said:
@saren said:

Seriously Saren, I never talk to him. He talks to me. What am I supposed to do, sit here while he tells everyone how much of a dumb ho I am

You could have just ignored that initial barb, but if it kept coming or if it was worse than that you could have just flagged it or sent a PM to a mod. There is a better way to handle these situations. You don't have to kick Swamp Thing in the face just because he's there.

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

But you are the reason she has been bashed...

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightus: I am not. Some people don't like her just because she's a strong woman.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

What are you talking about? Wonder Woman is the same character. You can't tell me that just because a few things are different she is a different character. Seriously, your painting her fanbase a very bad color.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@zhurong: What does that have to do with my comment?

Also I know she get's backlash, that's why I defend her on the battle forums (to an extent, I'm not the type to get into super long debates over fights).

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: That of course is a stupid reason for them to be angry but I'm talking about how everyone has so much hate for any version of WW for personal reasons and it gets so bad that it is the reason WW kept getting shelved in the past. At least some writers have tried in the new52 and let's face it. She has never had it better till now where her books are selling more than ever with a live movie on the way with her in it. She needs more support if you wanna keep her alive but the negativity will be her downfall again no matter which version people keep fighting over.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really curious to see what they're doing with all this Convergence stuff. From what I can tell it really looks like they are reintroducing the concept of Hypertime. That would be weird since I think Didio has gone on record saying that he never liked the idea ans was actually the driving force in getting rid of it. Well I guess there was also a time when they thought the Multiverse was a bad idea and tried to get rid of that too.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By longbowhunter
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

inferiorego

Forum Posts