#151 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: not a chance,and i was comparing her to ruka wonder woman,the most powerful version of wonder woman,and i hope you understand that this has nothing to do with dbz,as i told you in my last comment..

#152 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@WDW: not a chance,and i was comparing her to ruka wonder woman,the most powerful version of wonder woman,and i hope you understand that this has nothing to do with dbz,as i told you in my last comment..

so what feat in perez run on Wonder Woman makes you think she can beat the 52 Wonder Woman? Also, Perez happend in 1986 Rucka in like 2006. It took like 21 years for Wonder Woman to get her feats up to that level as writers kept trying to make Wonder woman do more incredible things. Its all relative. If you trying to compare this Wonder Woman to rucka then you going to have to wait a while. Sorry.

perfect example. Wonder Woman struggles against the weight of a bomb in perez run. 1986... her powerlevel is much lower compared to rucka 21 years later. New 52 we just got finished with year 1. Its best not to compare with Rucka at all and just enjoy the new 52 Wonder Woman

#153 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: that strength feat is better than any strenght feat from her new 52 comic,and she has much better strenght feats than this in the perez run,of course that perez wonder woman is much more powerful than current 52 wonder woman,maybe 52 wonder woman will be more powerful than perez wonder woman and even ruka wonder woman in the future,but we have to wait for that,that's why i said that her 52 version hasn't done anything impresive compared to pre 52 wonder woman,so we should wait more before talking about 52 wonder woman,she hasn't enough feats yet,her power level keeps developing.

#154 Posted by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

That was awesome ... I wonder if this mode puts her above Superman.

#155 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my speculation why wonder woman doesn't have her bracelets off all the time.WW likes a good challenge and Steve Trevor mention all WW cared about is fighting.So she limits herself in order for the challenge to be harder. Also the other reason why she didn't take it off is because she'll turn evil. She'll turn more demonic and the longer she has it off, the harder it is to resume to her normal self.

#156 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32654 posts) - - Show Bio
#157 Posted by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

This is my speculation why wonder woman doesn't have her bracelets off all the time.WW likes a good challenge and Steve Trevor mention all WW cared about is fighting.So she limits herself in order for the challenge to be harder. Also the other reason why she didn't take it off is because she'll turn evil. She'll turn more demonic and the longer she has it off, the harder it is to resume to her normal self.

I think it blocks some of her demi-god powers. There is probably some catch to it like not being able control it long, or it diminishing her life force. She didn't even hesitate to put them back on, so there is a catch to using those power.

#158 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@moywar700 said:

I think it blocks some of her demi-god powers. There is probably some catch to it like not being able control it long, or it diminishing her life force. She didn't even hesitate to put them back on, so there is a catch to using those power.

Yes, Well see more later on.=o

#159 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio
click me to animate

This is a very nice gif

#160 Posted by termiteone4ever (6985 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman the best as always .

#161 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

click me to animate

This is a very nice gif

does anybody know who the ghost girl in the gif is?

#162 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: Probably Athena

#163 Posted by Lvenger (18258 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

Diana receiving her blessing of flight from Hermes

So now she can fly? I presume this explains why she was flying in Justice League 8 (the first instance of that occuring). This story must take place before that I guess.

#164 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@moywar700: Probably Athena

Possibly...hard to tell with the quality. Might even be Aphrodite...but Athena is probably the most likely.

@Lvenger said:

@greenteaforme said:

So now she can fly? I presume this explains why she was flying in Justice League 8 (the first instance of that occuring). This story must take place before that I guess.

Yeah, I had this figured. Wonder Woman, her solo title, fits in the five year gap. Also noticed that in issue 6 (or 5?) of Justice League she didn't have the ability, because Green Lantern put her in one of his constructs...but issue 8 there was a panel which she was flying, whilst carrying that plane.

I am seriously loving her solo title. Just too awesome. Anyone put anymore scans from issue 12 up?

#165 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedQueen: In upages has the scans of issue 12,doesn't have a lot of feats in this issue

#166 Posted by Lvenger (18258 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedQueen said:

@Lvenger said:

@greenteaforme said:

Yeah, I had this figured. Wonder Woman, her solo title, fits in the five year gap. Also noticed that in issue 6 (or 5?) of Justice League she didn't have the ability, because Green Lantern put her in one of his constructs...but issue 8 there was a panel which she was flying, whilst carrying that plane.

I am seriously loving her solo title. Just too awesome. Anyone put anymore scans from issue 12 up?

Wait does the first Wonder Woman story take place in the 5 year gap? I assumed it took place in the present, before Justice League 8 when she was flying whilst carrying the plane.

#167 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@RedQueen said:

@Lvenger said:

@greenteaforme said:

Wait does the first Wonder Woman story take place in the 5 year gap? I assumed it took place in the present, before Justice League 8 when she was flying whilst carrying the plane.

I assumed (and I think I'm correct) that this was her receiving her blessing of flight.

She seems to be able to fly in the Justice League title, so I'm assuming this is happening in the past.

Otherwise it's an oversight.

#168 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

@Lvenger said:

@RedQueen said:

@Lvenger said:

@greenteaforme said:

I assumed (and I think I'm correct) that this was her receiving her blessing of flight.

She seems to be able to fly in the Justice League title, so I'm assuming this is happening in the past.

Otherwise it's an oversight.

Quoting all of it for ease:

Assuming it's not an oversight: it's Justice League 1-6. Then Wonder Woman solo title. Justice League 7+.

Chronologically that is.... I assume that Wonder Woman will eventually catch up to the Justice League present. The writers of both series seemed to make it clear(ish) in the emphasis of cannot fly to can fly. Although in issue... can't remember the number at the moment, the one where Poseidon attacks Wonder Woman, she jumps off the bridge and lands (and stand on top of) the water. Poseidon is partially submerged, I always assumed this showed that she could fly. ? Or she could just be walking on water.....

#169 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Never noticed this before but it seems like Wonder Woman is the only character not completly taken by suprise by Darkseid in this scan

#170 Posted by cameron83 (6634 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: of course,she is a warrior

#171 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: Its her fantastic poker face and composure.

#172 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86 said:

Wow. Green Lantern isn't shit in this new 52.

#174 Posted by fanofsuperheroes (213 posts) - - Show Bio

These are awesome scans, does anyone have the rest of the fight she had with the other JLA members?

#177 Posted by starrk_coyote (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@termiteone4ever: @Shotgun: @NerdsFTW: @cameron83:@WDW: @moywar700: @RedQueen: Spoilers issue 0

@fanofsuperheroes: doesn't have a real fight in this issue,but the others scans are splited in others new 52 respect threads

Trained in combat,since the childhood
As a child,Diana already was more stronger and faster than a normal Amazon
Trained in combat by Ares,he was so impressed with her skills that compared with the great greek warriors and consider Diana as his replacement

E P I C!!!!!!!!! may i have other??? :D

#178 Posted by starrk_coyote (620 posts) - - Show Bio

they have made her even better! with every issue :D, I CAN NOT STOP READING ABOUT HER!

#179 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

This is fantastic. Learning about Diana's childhood never fails to fascinate me.

#180 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun: you're excited to see Diana vs Orion?

#181 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I'm down for anything Azzarello writes.

Diana stealing a Harpy's egg after scaling a cliff top. Then passing a birthday ritual.

#182 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun: :)

#183 Posted by Lvenger (18258 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Shotgun: you're excited to see Diana vs Orion?

Oh I literally cannot wait for that. It's why I finally decided to pick up Wonder Woman instead of Justice League. That's gonna be awesome!

#184 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Me too,I hope that Olympians Gods stillhas connections with New Gods,like in Pre-New 52. Wonder Woman titles is really good,but if you drop Justice League you'll miss Shazam

#185 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Hermes, so i'm curious to see how that'll work out..

#186 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been slowly reading the series (about to start #4), and I really really like it. Any other New 52 stuff like this?

#187 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

I've been slowly reading the series (about to start #4), and I really really like it. Any other New 52 stuff like this?

Lots, actually. I could make recommendations if you like.

#188 Posted by Lvenger (18258 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Lvenger: Me too,I hope that Olympians Gods stillhas connections with New Gods,like in Pre-New 52. Wonder Woman titles is really good,but if you drop Justice League you'll miss Shazam

I know. But I'm just not liking the main story anymore and $3.99 is too much for a back up feature. Besides I can always read it online and there's your respect threads too.

#189 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Lots, actually. I could make recommendations if you like.

Please do. I'm looking to catch up on the New 52, and I'm already up to date on Aquaman, Action Comics, and Batman.

#190 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I understand and agreed... I hope the title be improved in issue 15

#191 Posted by Lvenger (18258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Are you much of a Green Lantern fan? Johns' run on that has been brilliant and the Rise of the Third Army storyline coming up looks fantastic.

#192 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Sure am. I really don't discriminate when it comes to DC. I like a majority of their characters. Will definitely check that out soon.

#193 Posted by Lvenger (18258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: To be honest though there's nothing 'new' about Green Lantern. It continues out of threads from Johns' pre reboot Green Lantern and continues on from there. Still a helluva story though.

#194 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: That's ok. So long as the writing is good, I'll give it a shot. I haven't heard much about New Guardians though. Kyle's my favorite GL. Is that series worth reading?

#195 Posted by Lvenger (18258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I'm afraid I'm just reading Green Lantern so I don't know how good the New Guardians is. From the images I've seen though, it looks OK. Big things are happening with Kyle atm.

#196 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: In New Guardians or Green Lantern? Or GLC?

#197 Posted by Lvenger (18258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: New Guardians. Sorry I didn't make that clear. I could have just said it but I didn't want to spoil it for you. Unless you want to be spoiled?

#198 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: No, I just wanted to know if that's where all the Kyle stuff is happening and if it didn't spread to the other titles, lol. What else are you reading?

#199 Posted by Lvenger (18258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: What's happening with Kyle is just restricted to New Guardians I'm afraid.

And I'm also reading Justice League (which I'm swapping for Wonder Woman soon), Action Comics, Batman, Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four (which is ending soon and I'm gonna pick something else up) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

#200 Posted by Billy Batson (57751 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024:

You should check out Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Demon Knights and I, Vampire as well.
BB