#1 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

In November 2011, the New 52 and now began a new direction was taken to the superheroes of DC, principally the most powerful heroine: Wonder Woman. Let's take a look at the new Wonder Woman feats in this new universe:

To see another New 52 Respect Thread,click here:http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/57-10/new-52-respect-threads/92-672946/

Wonder Woman 0

Character Profile.

Demonstrating great skills passing in Amazon trials,impressing other amazons and even Ares.

Defeating Aleka in a martial arts contest ,Aleka is considered the most skilled Amazon (despite being so young).

Notices Ares trying to sneak upon and throw a knive at him,impressed by your skills decides to train her and gets even considered as his successor.

Face the first challenge posed by Ares defeat the Minotaur,thinking strategically use the enviroment against him.

Wonder Woman 1

Isn't easy to sneak upon Diana,she's always alert.

Deflects a arrow with the bracelets,beats a centaur with agility and martial arts skills.

While beating one centaur, grabs a sword and throw it against the other centaur to cut off his arm, though be far away from him.

Wonder Woman 2

Defeat Aleka again in another martial arts contest.

Deduces that the Amazons are fighting themselves due the manipulation of someone (Strife).

Wonder Woman 3

Knocked down a forest with bare fists while running in superspeed.

Wonder Woman have super-breath.

Wonder Woman 6

Getting free from Poseidon tentacles.

Uses a pole as staff to knock a centaur and kills the other with.

Lifting a van.

Wonder Woman 7

Super-leaping and use the Lasso as a offensive weapon.

Wonder Woman 8

Demonstrating swordsmanship and agility skills against Hades' zombies.

Wonder Woman 10

Shooting at Hades with extreme precision,despite being on a boat far away.

Wonder Woman 11

Hold her own against Apollo.

Wonde Woman 12

Deflects Artemis mini-moons.

Receiving the bless of flight from Hermes to save Zola.

Break rocks at high speed.

Diana reveals bracelets aren't only deffensive weapons,but also are handcuffs to hide itfull potential and at that level she's even more stronger and faster than before. Diana almost killed Artemis.

Wonder Woman 13

Disappear in a blink of an eye nad deflects bullets.

Deflects countless swords.

Wonder Woman 14

Dodges countless blades at close range and break rocks thrown at high speed.

Wonder Woman 15

Receives new abilities from Hephaetus. She's now able to summon weapons from the bracelets.

Wonder Woman 16

She can also make the swords dissapear at will.

Wonder Woman 18

Match swords skills with Hermes.

Realizing Orion's Astro Harness wouldn't outrun Hermes,cutt off his wings.

Wonder Woman 20

Without power up beats Artemis with martial arts skills,the Lasso and battle tatics. Almost killed again if wans't for War intervention.

Flying at super-speed.

Wonder Woman 21

Blitzing First Born.

Diana and Lennox goes against him and ends up with their head smashed against the ground,but this isn't enough to take out Diana which gives him a blow,that make cross buildings.

#2 Posted by starrk_coyote (620 posts) - - Show Bio

and looking as all ways AWESOMELY EPIC well doing all of that :), god I LOVE her when she has blood all of over her hands, she is so dreamy!

#3 Posted by HolySerpent (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

I missed the evil kitty lol

#4 Posted by starrk_coyote (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

I missed the evil kitty lol

@HolySerpent: i only coming out of my cave when I desire it !

#5 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait, I'm still really confused. This Wonder Woman looks all kinds of awesome but can she fly like she could in her old incarnation? In Justice League #7 it didn't look like she could but in #8 I'm pretty sure she was holding a plane over her head in the air... It's very confusing :p

#6 Posted by TAneT62 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti said:

So wait, I'm still really confused. This Wonder Woman looks all kinds of awesome but can she fly like she could in her old incarnation? In Justice League #7 it didn't look like she could but in #8 I'm pretty sure she was holding a plane over her head in the air... It's very confusing :p

She had to learn how to fly or something like that, she lost her memory I think, and had to re-establish her powers ... Please correct me if i'm wrong.

#7 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, she's done nothing yet worth the title of Wonder Woman, and nothing to "respect".

And Wonder Woman is hands-down my favorite character. Ever.

#8 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League 3

Even the most trained soldiers has afraid of her.

Off panel defeat a army of Parademons.

Manhandle a army of Parademons,

Justice League 4

Deflects machine gun fire.

After Darkseid descending everyone was knocked out,least Wonder Woman.

Justice League 6

Put Darkseid on her grip and after takes a massive blow in the face,without showing any signs of injury.

Deflects Darkseid's omega beams and stick a sword in his eye.

Justice League 7

Saves Hal Jordan while battling Spore's seeds.

Justice League 8

Lifting A.R.G.U.S. airplane.

Justice League 9

Compelling Weapons Master to tell the truth via Lasso.

Justice League 11

Breaking Green Lantern's constructs

Beating Hal Jordan Diana breaks the ground and draws blood from Superman,with a kick.

Breaks more Green Lantern's constructs and receives a energy golf club on the face,and isn't knocked out.

Justice League 12

Draws blood and the Petras from Graves with a single blow.

Justice League 13

Demonstrating enough agility to keep on par with Cheetah,showed have a healing factor after Cheetah rip her throat (Diana was holdiung back during the entire fight).

Justice League 14

Take out Cheetah using agility and the enviroment against her.

Justice League 15

Wonder Woman and Superman catchs aircraft carrier and use it against the forces of tidal waves to slow the flow of water,the dimishing the damages over the city.

Justice League 16

Sending Aquaman flying,draw blood from him.

Take out 3 atlantean soldiers at the same time.

Takes several lightning bolts and was just knocked out.

Aquaman 16

Wonder Woman can breath underwater (she couldn't swin because was covered by Trench's fluid).

Justice League 17

Beats up atlantean soldiers and the Trench.

Wonder Woman and Superman throw the atlantean bomb to the atmosphere.

Justice League 19

While fights terrorists she says to Superman that wants to do more than save people, she wants to change the world.

Justice League 20

Batman created contingency plans to defeat the Justice League,least to her for not having a known weakness.

Justice League 22

If it is necessary Wonder Woman is willing to kill.

Holding Superman and deflecting Pandora's bullets,which is capable to hurt abstractal beings (Phantom Stranger).

Takes a blast from Doctor Light without receive any damage (remember he's already absorbing energy around and also absorb energies from two power rings in JLA 5).

Justice League of America 6

Holding back against Katana and then one-shoted with a kick.

Even the Gods can't resist the power of Lasso of Truth.

Diana can see throught Constantine's cloak spell,is possible that she's able to see magic beings even invisible ones.

Justice League Dark 22

Even Constatine has afraid of Wonder Woman.

Tie Phantom Stranger and compel it to tell the truth.

Some heroes respect Diana leadership over Batman and Steve Trevor.

#9 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this new Wonder Woman way more than the old one. She is young, brash and a total badass!

#10 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the direction WW has been going in, seeing as the WW title had been directionless for a few years before the new 52

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that DC is reestablishing and better defining her personality, but I don't think she is as powerful as she was. Regardless I am really enjoying her title.

#12 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991:Like Superman and others,she is developing her powers!!

#13 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

new wonder woman look like far weaker than pre-52 wonder woman though

#14 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

No words can describe how much I love Saiz drawing Diana.

#15 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and I love that Wonder Woman likes heavy metal music, that's really cool.

@lykopis said:

As a brand new reader, I haven't done enough reading of her old stuff to make a fair comparison. What I do know -- I like the idea of a more Amazon-like Wonder Woman -- quick to anger and vulnerable to emotions that make her react brashly before taking full stock of the situation. But I do have a problem with the whole male babies thing going on. Having one guy tell her they are all happy to remain son-slaves to Hephaestus is irresponsible - surely there's a couple of them that can be talked to? For Wonder Woman to just accept it (although she is devastated) doesn't work for me. Aren't her Amazon brothers worth protecting? She's going out of her way to protect Zeus' unborn child's mother, but hundreds, maybe thousands of her own people are to be left in a weapons factory?

Really?

Anyway --- I am really enjoying the series and love she is so bad@ass. That was what I didn't like about the old WW (and again, this is from someone who never really read WW before but that was the impression I had). I'm a little creeped out with the family set-up -- not too sure about how I feel with the interpretations of some of the gods (what the hell was with Poseidon? And what the hell is going on with Hades? 0_0)

All in all, I think this new Wonder Woman book is pretty cool.

Greg Rucka and Gail Simone wrote a good Wonder Woman prior to the relaunch, if you want to check out some older stuff I would recommend that. Alot of mythical Greek cultures would abandon unwanted infants in the same fashion as the Amazons did in the DC universe, the most well known being the Spartans. Brian Azzarello talked about bringing Wonder Woman's origin more inline with actually Greek mythology and this is one of the ways he is doing that. I think that the unwanted Amazonian males now working for Hephaestus want to stay because it is all that they know and they see there group as a family of sorts. I think Wonder Woman is trying to come to terms with this knowledge and at the moment has more pressing matters to deal with. She can't confront her mother and the other Amazons about this because they are all dead. And yeah the family set-up is pretty creepy, but that's Greek mythology for ya! :P

#16 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Katie24:

I will look into Rucka/Simone's Wonder Woman, I have heard a lot of wonderful things about their runs, so thank you!

And yeah -- true enough about Greek Mythology -- one group killed weak babies, and another traded out their males. It would be more in line with how most mythologies worked, lol - most are pretty vicious -- the Greek especially. But I do hope down the line something can come out of it arc-wise --- maybe one male escaping and hating the Amazons all this time? And I think Wonder Woman needs more enemies in the real world but that could just be the Marvel fan in me. :)

That is a great idea! I think having an enemy would really pull Wonder Woman, on one hand she would sympathize with him and feel a certain level of guilt and on the other hand she would know that she as an individual was not responsible for what happened to him and has the right to defend herself. Very, very cool idea. If they don't write this as a story-arc, you should write it as a fan fic.

#19 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24 said:

I like this new Wonder Woman way more than the old one. She is young, brash and a total badass!

#20 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

where are her pants?

#21 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunhawk said:

where are her pants?

Yes, all that is missing are her pants. :)

#22 Posted by TAneT62 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

I just love this picture!

#24 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#25 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Justice League # 3,superman cause more collateral damage then wonder woman.So we'll wait until the the numbers go up.

#26 Posted by TheCannon (17897 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24 said:

This.

#27 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Will help.

#28 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to seeing her develop as the n52 goes on.

#29 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep it up.

#31 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Or she wasn't lying :(

#32 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24: what? if she is not lying, it would be very very very very strange

#33 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

Oh I know it would be bat shit crazy! I'm just saying it is another option, maybe she feel in love with him after she got shot with Ero's gun. Who knows? We will just have to wait till Wednesday!

#34 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24: Yeah I had forgotten the bullet, it makes sense...

And Speaking Eros gun, that bullet went through the bracelet or drilled?

#35 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:

I have a tip for you, when posting scans, how about posting images in thumbnails with descriptions, and not big images?

#36 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Went through her braclets like a bullet through butter and right into her chest!

#37 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: hmm good ideia!!

@Katie24: I just think a pity, that now the bracelets have a weakness

#38 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:

No problem.

So it'll look like this(example, upload images with url's, then click side by side when it uploads):

Mjolnir outracing Surfer:

#39 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: it's better this way that you showed me, will have more space for other scans

#40 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

Oh I know it would be bat shit crazy! I'm just saying it is another option, maybe she feel in love with him after she got shot with Ero's gun. Who knows? We will just have to wait till Wednesday!

what if wonder woman loves everybody just alittle bit?

#41 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@Katie24 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

what if wonder woman loves everybody just alittle bit?

IMO, that sounds more like the old Wonder Woman, this new one seems a little less "lovey-dovey". I mean, she is a warrior who kills, usually people like that learn to disassociate from people a bit.

#42 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@majestic99: it's better this way that you showed me, will have more space for other scans

No problem.

#43 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: LOL

#44 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Dark 1

Survive from Enchantress' magic crooked teeth.

Young Romance: A New 52 Valentine's Day Special

Use the Lasso take Ero's guns,also can change her clothes via magic transformation.

Deflecting Superman's heat vision.

Batwoman 13

Wonder Woman claims she's capable to see planktons,hear the heartbeat of whales around and the coral growing across the ocean despite being inside Batwoman's sub (then Diana super-senses is nearly Superman's level).

Batwoman 16

Shattering Bloody Mary with her shield.

Battling Hydra at super-speed. (actually this is Killer Croc amped by Medusa's dark magic).

Batwoman 17

Battling ogers,werewolfs and other monsters alongside Batwoman.

Shattering Bloody Mary again.

Action Comics 14

Alongside Justice League beats extra-dimensional conquerors.

#45 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Cool.

#46 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@majestic99: @Katie24: @moywar700:

1 scan:Lifting a airplane

2 scan:Defelecting Omega Beams

Is that from JL?

#47 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#48 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@majestic99: @Katie24: @moywar700:

1 scan:Lifting a airplane

2 scan:Defelecting Omega Beams

why is it in a foreign language.

#49 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

So I think I'm going to collect wonderwoman should I.

#50 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

why is it in a foreign language.

He's Brazilian.