My 2 gripes with Wonder Woman's appearance

• 87 results
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

The heels and the makeup. The heels are just stupid. Why on earth would she were heels? why would amazonian battle armor have heels? It just doesn't make sense to me. They should be flats like this:

No Caption Provided

Also, I don't like how artists draw her with makeup:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't think Wonder Woman would wear makeup while she was fighting crime/evil and I have a few reasons why; first of all its just impractical and seems uncharacteristic of Diana. I view Diana as a rather pragmatic person that wouldn't spend time putting on makeup before she flies out to do whatever it is she is doing. Now I could see her putting it on if she were on down time but as far as when she is "Wonder Woman" I don't think she should wear makeup. The other, and more pressing issue I have with Diana wearing makeup, is that she is Greek (is she not?) and if you know some history, then you know Greek women, primarily Spartan women, were forbidden from wearing makeup as they were prized for their natural beauty. I believe artists should depict Diana as a naturally beautiful woman. What do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Make-up (in general) isn't impractical. Wonder Woman is wearing lipstick, at most, in those drawings you included, that takes like less than a minute to put on. Hell, for all we know, Diana could naturally have lips that colour.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like the heels. It's kinda silly but I like that she can fight as hard as any man and while in high heels too. I can see how for some people that's too much though. And for the makeup it's actually been suggested in some of the comics that she doesn't wear makeup at all but rather just naturally looks like that. Although it's hard to imagine anyone naturally having lips that red. I've always seen Wonder Woman as a character who embraces her femininity and draws strength from it so I don't see anything wrong with her slapping on a little lipstick and maybe some eye shadow too.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Make-up (in general) isn't impractical. Wonder Woman is wearing lipstick, at most, in those drawings you included, that takes like less than a minute to put on. Hell, for all we know, Diana could naturally have lips that colour.

i saw eye-liner too but i believe my points still stand

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since im not an artist, I dont know the practical issues that may arise from trying to draw her as beautiful au naturale. I remember reading that before the "rouge" was implemented on Snow White, Disney was unhappy with her appearance.

I dont see make-up as an issue, since Wonder Woman could apply it in a microsecond. But Im not necessarily "pro-make up" either. Its whatever.

As far as heels go, ive never had an issue with such things. Super Heroes are more graceful than normal people.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Erik

@sog7dc: None of the pictures you posted have WW in heels. Generally, she isn't drawn with them. In the New 52, she has a heel but it's no more than what we see in cowboy boots, which has functional purpose for those that ride... which an Amazon would be known to do. Also, WW doesn't wear makeup. In Post Crisis, she was blessed with the beauty of Aphrodite and in the New 52, she is a goddess. She's just supposed to be naturally hot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@squares said:

No, they don't. MAKE-UP IS NOT IMPRACTICAL, let alone just eyeliner and lipstick.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@squares: Automatic lipstick power! That would be huge in real life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@sog7dc: None of the pictures you posted have WW in heels. Generally, she isn't drawn with them. In the New 52, she has a heel but it's no more than what we see in cowboy boots, which has functional purpose for those that ride... which an Amazon would be known to do. Also, WW doesn't wear makeup. In Post Crisis, she was blessed with the beauty of Aphrodite and in the New 52, she is a goddess. She's just supposed to be naturally hot.

They weren't supposed to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Oooh, that's true, it would.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@sog7dc:

Did you know that Ancient Greek sandals had heels even to workout, to do sports and going to war. Why not make up? It isnt like she wears 20 pounds of make up. She is wearing some lipstick like most girls of DC and Marvel, some wear more and others wear less.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@sog7dc said:

@squares said:

No, they don't. MAKE-UP IS NOT IMPRACTICAL, let alone just eyeliner and lipstick.

agree to disagree then

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SOG7dc

@erik said:

uhm have you been reading new 52 books with Diana in them? she's wearing heels. That looks like makeup to me. I could be wrong but I dont think her lips are naturally dark red like that.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, no heels and makeup for wonder woman. Heels are a torture device, no woman in the world should wear heels let alone Wonder Woman, a warrior from a tribe of powerful women. Diana doesn't conform to the customs of the Men's world which are mostly abusive towards women. Men are not encouraged to adjust their beauty so why should women. Wearing makeup and heels is not an inherently female tendency, we culturally associate them with women. Diana shouldn't espouse and glorify those tenets but rather challenge society's derogatory notion of femininity and help change how we see women.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@erik said:

uhm have you been reading new 52 books with Diana in them? she's wearing heels. That looks like makeup to me. I could be wrong but I dont think her lips are naturally dark red like that.

She's wearing heels that are less than 2 inches tall. That's appropriate for someone that rides and because she is Amazon, that of course makes sense. But don't take my word for it. Read up on functional boots from expert boot-makers. No one that knows how to ride will be wearing flats and it isn't like WW is wearing heels made for the runway or anything. They are subtle and functional. They are enough to ride in but low enough that she can still do all the other things she needs to do.

No Caption Provided

As for the makeup, I can only repeat myself here. Post Crisis Wonder Woman is naturally gorgeous and is blessed with beauty on the level of a goddess. In the New 52, WW is a goddess herself. I don't see what the problem is here.

@farkam said:

@erik said:

If he wanted to support his argument, there should be some illustrating his problem.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also don't like how thin her uniform is, as thin as cling film, so thin it looks like body paint, it's as though she's naked.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@sog7dc said:

@erik said:

She's wearing heels that are less than 2 inches tall. That's appropriate for someone that rides and because she is Amazon, that of course makes sense. But don't take my word for it. Read up on functional boots from expert boot-makers. No one that knows how to ride will be wearing flats and it isn't like WW is wearing heels made for the runway or anything. They are subtle and functional. They are enough to ride in but low enough that she can still do all the other things she needs to do.

No Caption Provided

As for the makeup, I can only repeat myself here. Post Crisis Wonder Woman is naturally gorgeous and is blessed with beauty on the level of a goddess. In the New 52, WW is a goddess herself. I don't see what the problem is here.

@farkam said:

@erik said:

If he wanted to support his argument, there should be some illustrating his problem.

*sigh* okay dude. Because I needto spoon feed you:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

have I ilustrated the point sufficiently now? And could you provide any isntances of her riding a horse in the new 52???

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I think Brian Bolland draws the most attarctive and most well portrayed Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I read every issue but I never noticed the heels before now.

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SayaOtonashi

Should Diana cover up too? Diana has wore heels and lipstick since 1941. Her costume is how to make an statement on a woman can dress the way she wants to and be Judged on her actions.Well she looks goods in flats with a little height to them

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: then we have to assume you're stupid.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Erik

@sog7dc: I don't need to provide instances of her riding horses in the New 52. Amazons have horses. She was raised Amazon. Nothing more need be said on the matter. And what you posted doesn't change anything. All it proves is that there is an inconsistency in artist interpretation. The length of the heel in every one of those scans ranged between working and riding cowboy boots. Which basically means you are whining over nothing. Which means you don't know what you are talking about. How's that for spoon-fed?

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 boots look fine to me if only they were red.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

So you ask for pictures to prove my point, I post those pictures, and because of "artist interpretation" it isn't proof? Right. Okay. You can enjoy your warped sense of reality......and you don't have to prove your claim because your claim is proof of itself? Huh. Okay. Also I would ask who's whining? Did you even read the OP? At what point, pray tell, did I whine?

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if she wore make up, I don't see how that would hinder her ability to fight. I don't see how the heels are impractical either. Diana has proven to work effectively well in many different kinds of shoes, even with NO shoes.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: Its funny that someone posted the following image critically, as I personally think Rocafort draws the most beautiful women, Wonder Woman included.

No Caption Provided

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo:

I enjoy Rocaforts art as well. He has a very unique style that I really enjoy. However I don't think anyone draws Diana better than Bolland. What a beautiful, yet powerful woman he depicts? I like how she looks comfortable in her uniform as well. new 52 Diana looks rather stiff IMO. I'm actually buying all the issues wherein Bolland drew the covers because I love it so much.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dshipp17

She's been without sandals for too long; I'd have her in sandals or barefoot most of the time; I don't really care for the heels or the boots; if not sandals, I'd picture what things would be like if she just had shoes. However, sandals during missions and outings, often dangling the sandals, while barefoot inside houses or apartments; kind of like Hera was being drawn earlier on in Azz's run. Her costume is not as revealing of her skin as I'd expect at this point; her costume should look like Dejah Thoris's costume.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1. She should have straps holding up her top

2. She should have greek battle sandals

3. She should have a gladiator skirt

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kidchipotle

@erik said:

Agreed with this.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dshipp17

@pperspectiveandreality said:

@deaditegonzo:

I enjoy Rocaforts art as well. He has a very unique style that I really enjoy. However I don't think anyone draws Diana better than Bolland. What a beautiful, yet powerful woman he depicts? I like how she looks comfortable in her uniform as well. new 52 Diana looks rather stiff IMO. I'm actually buying all the issues wherein Bolland drew the covers because I love it so much.

Just hoping you're one of those long, lost Messner-Loebs fans, now lurking on the sidelines for the Finch(es) to appear so that you can hop right back in, provided the Finch(es) bring us back to the Messner-Loebs, Marston, and Dejah Thoris style of art and storytelling. They need to remember Dr. Psycho as the arch-nemesis for Wonder Woman, the one mistake of the Messner-Loebs run, although I can understand the reservation, trying to work with a character that had just abused a baby; he could have softly rebooted Dr. Psycho, however.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@erik:

So you ask for pictures to prove my point, I post those pictures, and because of "artist interpretation" it isn't proof? Right. Okay. You can enjoy your warped sense of reality......and you don't have to prove your claim because your claim is proof of itself? Huh. Okay. Also I would ask who's whining? Did you even read the OP? At what point, pray tell, did I whine?

I asked for pictures because I didn't agree with your flawed opinion and I still don't because you haven't supported your argument yet. I said they were artist interpretation but you glossed over the fact that I also stated that the heels that you have posted are not beyond riding appropriate boots.

I already supported my opinion with factual information on boot heels from actual boot-makers. You can cry about it if you want but crying doesn't make you less wrong.

You are whining at anyone that disagrees with you.

'Boo-hoo! I have an opinion that everyone should agree with. Waah waah! If I don't get it, I'll just make remarks about how people need to be spoon-fed my bulls!t."

Well, I ain't eating what you are serving. You were wrong before but now you are wrong in addition to being butthurt that people don't agree with you.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By Fallschirmjager

they've always looked more look more like boots to me.

and I don't really see very much makeup.its minor if any.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: then we have to assume you're stupid.

No, we have to assume that the original post was unintelligible.

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to me, her should stay not for the skin but what it was created for it was to make a point. I think she should have many than one

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

Still waiting for you to point out when I was whining. You've done nothing but say "you're wrong because the boots are used for (X)." I asked you to show me (X) and you told me you don't have to. Great debating there. Btw I never really made an argument. I made, and you'd know this if you read the OP, two "gripes" minor gripes at that, and I supported those gripes with reasons based on opinion. You keep claiming, baselessly, that I'm whining. When factually I said "agree to disagree" to those who I disagreed with. I only responded by spoon feeding you pictures because you acted as if you had no earthly idea what heels I was speaking of. That's what I believe is common knowledge that she wears heels in the new 52. I perceived that as a nitpick so responded by spoon feeding you. Granted I could have picked a less cantankerous term. Please point out when I was crying/whining. I only defended myself from you pretending as if I'm pulling all of this out my butt. Read the Op. When did I make outlandish statements or go on a rampage? Truth be told I'm growing weary of this internet argument over a fictional character. How about we end the trivial internet argument and engage in a discussion on the matter? Did I or did I not have a point about the makeup? I'm a history major and literally a few months ago did a term paper on spartan women so I know what I'm talking about in this regard. Furthermore is it not sensible that flats would make Diana's job more comfortable? I used to play hockey and while yes the skates make you more effective they hurt your feet. That's the point I was making. Even if she does have them for horse riding she never rides a horse on panel. She doesn't need to. She can fly. So why would she need the heels? Do you see where I was coming from now?

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

I'll say this. If I were Didio I'd pay Bolland whatever he wants to draw Wonder Woman for 30 issues and I'd pay Grant Morrison whatever he wants to write her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like we are getting a lot of excellent data in this thread. And I thought to myself, what is the point of all this fantastic brainstorming if nothing ever comes of it. So I hopped on Paint, the absolute best art tool I know, and using some suggestions here, I redesigned Wonder Woman.

No Caption Provided

As you can see, she does not conform to gender norms. Also, she has the powerful build we would expect of an Amazon. She is modest, and no cleavage is showing whatsoever. Also, if I had drawn that far, you would notice she was wearing very practical pants. A sharp eyed viner will notice she is not wearing her bracelets, this is obviously because the modern Wonder Woman will always be in god-mode. On that note, I drew her choking Superman, she is tired of playing second fiddle to that misogynist.

Please, tell me what you think, and if you like, I can work on more Vine inspired redesigns.

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her costume is suppose to be not of gender norms. Society still wants women to dress modesty. Many still stay at you if you were something over the top but she if still suppose to be woman a. No pants in her fist costume. That's the whole reason she wears to fight the gender norms of a lady can dress how she pleases.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Erik

@sog7dc said:

@erik:

Still waiting for you to point out when I was whining. You've done nothing but say "you're wrong because the boots are used for (X)." I asked you to show me (X) and you told me you don't have to. Great debating there. Btw I never really made an argument. I made, and you'd know this if you read the OP, two "gripes" minor gripes at that, and I supported those gripes with reasons based on opinion. You keep claiming, baselessly, that I'm whining. When factually I said "agree to disagree" to those who I disagreed with. I only responded by spoon feeding you pictures because you acted as if you had no earthly idea what heels I was speaking of. That's what I believe is common knowledge that she wears heels in the new 52. I perceived that as a nitpick so responded by spoon feeding you. Granted I could have picked a less cantankerous term. Please point out when I was crying/whining. I only defended myself from you pretending as if I'm pulling all of this out my butt. Read the Op. When did I make outlandish statements or go on a rampage? Truth be told I'm growing weary of this internet argument over a fictional character. How about we end the trivial internet argument and engage in a discussion on the matter? Did I or did I not have a point about the makeup? I'm a history major and literally a few months ago did a term paper on spartan women so I know what I'm talking about in this regard. Furthermore is it not sensible that flats would make Diana's job more comfortable? I used to play hockey and while yes the skates make you more effective they hurt your feet. That's the point I was making. Even if she does have them for horse riding she never rides a horse on panel. She doesn't need to. She can fly. So why would she need the heels? Do you see where I was coming from now?

• Whining is a long complaint. I think that's an apt description.
  • I don't have to show scans because it's only logical that she would be familiar with the concept of riding.
  • Expressing your gripes is making an argument. An argument is an expression of ideas meant to persuade others to your line of thinking. Which is what you were doing by voicing your 'gripes'.
  • I still have no idea what heels you are talking about. You talk of unreasonably high heels but failed to show any when pressed to do so. So... am I just supposed to imagine New 52 Wonder Woman wearing ridiculously high heels in order to be convinced by your argument? That's stupid.
  • You are pulling this out of your butt and you're not even bothering to polish it off before trying to sell it. A heel is necessary for effective riding and she come from a culture where horses are a common part of life. Not only that, but even male heroes are given heels in their boots, depending on the artist.
  • You don't have a point about the makeup. I already explained the flaw in your 'gripe' concerning the makeup. Have you ever seen WW applying makeup prior to dashing in front of a fired arrow? Neither have I. Have you ever seen that WW was blessed with the beauty of Aphrodite? I have. New 52 WW is a goddess herself. Seems pretty simple to me.
  • Flats wouldn't be making a difference to a character with her durability and strength levels. She wouldn't know flats from heels in regards to comfort.
  • She has been on horseback on panel. I just didn't feel like providing the scan because I didn't feel like I had to and I was busy with homework.
No Caption Provided

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ArchiZoom

@deaditegonzo: uau you're really good, that's the perfect look for Wonder Woman because realistically, that's what Women look like when they're not wearing makeup. Women look like Solomon Grundy au naturel. Women are naturally defective, that's why society encourages women to decorate themselves whereas Men already look amazing the way God originally designed them. Men are all just so great.

Now make Superman the way he really should be: first, amplify his muscles, he's way too small for a man who can lift the Earth. Then remove his shirt and put a big bulge in his pants because though it may not seem like it but boys have things between their legs. Don't forget the unibrow, the mullet and hair on his back & shoulders eh eh

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I do have to agree with Erik's POV here. In the Pre Flashpoint universe, Diana was granted beauty from Aphrodite so of course she's going to be hot as hell as any woman with make up on would be. And of course, being a demi-goddess in the New 52, it's not really a surprise that Diana looks beautiful as gods tend to be representations of human perfection. Thus it makes perfect sense Diana to look as attractive as she does.

As for the heels, they're drawn more flat footed than anything. Like cowboy boots. Kinda reminds me of that Wonder Woman quote from The Once and Future Thing where, in reply to Batman's comment that she fights crime in high heels, she says "High heels that fit." Also let's keep things reasonable people, this should be an area of discussion, not angry arguing.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@archizoom: I'm losing track of how many times I have to tell you to drop the f-bombs. It's a simple concept with an equally simple application. Why you persist nonetheless is beyond me.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dshipp17

I feel like we are getting a lot of excellent data in this thread. And I thought to myself, what is the point of all this fantastic brainstorming if nothing ever comes of it. So I hopped on Paint, the absolute best art tool I know, and using some suggestions here, I redesigned Wonder Woman.

No Caption Provided

As you can see, she does not conform to gender norms. Also, she has the powerful build we would expect of an Amazon. She is modest, and no cleavage is showing whatsoever. Also, if I had drawn that far, you would notice she was wearing very practical pants. A sharp eyed viner will notice she is not wearing her bracelets, this is obviously because the modern Wonder Woman will always be in god-mode. On that note, I drew her choking Superman, she is tired of playing second fiddle to that misogynist.

Please, tell me what you think, and if you like, I can work on more Vine inspired redesigns.

Wow, you really appear to have a very low threshold for yielding the misogynist word out against mail character. Superman is a character who really needs to learn to relax and express himself. Perhaps you were being sarcastic? To me, he seems to be scared to express his true self and emotions; he seems to have adapted to a personality that people cool and appealing and just fixated to that personality to the same degree in both public and in private; he hasn't really seem to just release his emotional tension and relaxed with Wonder Woman in private, but, that's kind of how I'd perceive their relationship to be (e.g. the expressive one in the relationship is Wonder Woman; she'd be the one interacting with all guess visitors, setting the flavor in the home, the guard dog, etc, although Superman is still that solid pillar presence in the home); just how I'd predicted this relationship to be about 9 months before it finally happened. Superman is actually just a mild-mannered, cool guy, with no apparent personality defects, least of all a personality indicative of a misogynist (e.g. I'd get a very similar sense with say Batman, also). I admit that I haven't really been that up on Superman, so, perhaps you can point to some examples that I might be unaware of, perhaps in this very relationship with Superman. Problem is, I believe that Wonder Woman would work better in a relationship with a bit more tension, at least initially, and is the reason I'd immensely enjoy Wonder Woman paired with Dr. Psycho; although it seems kind of wacky, I believe Wonder Woman's relationship qualities would flourish much better in a relationship with Dr. Psycho; I'm not suggesting that heroes being paired with villains, just this particular pairing; I definitely would not be juiced seeing Wonder Woman being paired with a Darkseid, Joker, Lex Luther, etc and I think she'd be in a very unhealthy and dangerous, nail biting situation, in either of those situations; I'd even feel the say way to a certain extent, if it were say, Orion; not saying I'd disapprove and actually, the relationships would be more interesting than with Superman or a Batman, Steve Trevor, Nemesis, etc, but, I'd still just rather not see one of those pairings.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: That whole post was a joke, sorry. I like what Wonder Woman has going on right now in comic books, I like her design, like I said before Rocafort draws my favorite Wonder Woman. Really, the only thing i'd change is I would make her even more powerful than she is, but I'd do that with every top tier hero.

I definitely do not think Superman is a misogynist.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@sog7dc said:

@erik:

• Whining is a long complaint. I think that's an apt description. actually no. If you knew the definition of the word "whining" you'd know you were wrong.
  • I don't have to show scans because it's only logical that she would be familiar with the concept of riding. Okay I get it. You don't like proving things you claim.
  • Expressing your gripes is making an argument. An argument is an expression of ideas meant to persuade others to your line of thinking. Which is what you were doing by voicing your 'gripes'. At what point did I try to persuade anyone? Again if you actually read the OP you'd see the last sentence.
  • I still have no idea what heels you are talking about. You talk of unreasonably high heels but failed to show any when pressed to do so. So... am I just supposed to imagine New 52 Wonder Woman wearing ridiculously high heels in order to be convinced by your argument? That's stupid. If you truly don't see the heels then I guess you don't have the same opinion as me. You don't see what I see. fine. BTW i NEVER said anything about extremely high heels or even insinuated they were extremely high. To quote myself i said "Why on earth would she were heels? why would amazonian battle armor have heels? It just doesn't make sense to me. They should be flats like this...". Completely opinionated, I wasn't whining, I didnt try to persuade anyone of anything.
  • You are pulling this out of your butt and you're not even bothering to polish it off before trying to sell it. A heel is necessary for effective riding and she come from a culture where horses are a common part of life. Not only that, but even male heroes are given heels in their boots, depending on the artist. Now youre just refusing to see the other side of the argument. Which is fine. I can only expect so much on the interenet.
  • You don't have a point about the makeup. I already explained the flaw in your 'gripe' concerning the makeup. Have you ever seen WW applying makeup prior to dashing in front of a fired arrow? Neither have I. Have you ever seen that WW was blessed with the beauty of Aphrodite? I have. New 52 WW is a goddess herself. Seems pretty simple to me. Again you refuse to actually listen to the reasoning behind my gripe with the makeup. I have no issue with her being naturally hot. Thats part of her character. Just tell me when hot women started having naturally dark red lips and darkened eyes? For goodness sakes I even gave an example of how they could portray that would preferable to me. But you didnt see that did you?
  • Flats wouldn't be making a difference to a character with her durability and strength levels. She wouldn't know flats from heels in regards to comfort. Oh so they gave her heels because she's so durable? That makes sense.
  • She has been on horseback on panel. I just didn't feel like providing the scan because I didn't feel like I had to and I was busy with homework. Thats in hel. Not Themiscara.....but as i Said before im tired of this exchange. hopefully we can just move on.
No Caption Provided

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really no see the problem. Many of the amazons have somewhat heels in New 52

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

• Nah. "give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound or to complain in a feeble or petulant way." That's you.
  • Yeah. Providing factual evidence on real life boot-making is not proving anything. Besides, I gave you a scan. ;)
  • Why else would you be posting but to express ideas? Unless you just wanted to see your own posts much in the same way some people like hearing the sound of their own voice?
  • I never once said she doesn't have heels. Thanks for the strawman attempt though. I said that the heels are still functional considering her lifestyle and not nearly the mountain you have made your molehill into. Sure, your initial post b!tched about how she doesn't need them in your opinion but when I explained that they were still within the range of being reasonably functional, you wanted to go to war with me and insinuated that I were stupid and needed help coming to your conclusion. Your opinion is just wrong. Flats will serve her no more purpose than a heel would.
  • It's not hard to see your side. But just because I can see it, doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
  • It doesn't matter what mortals look like without makeup because WW is not one of them. She is above them in every way, including her beauty. So to answer your question of when girls started having naturally dark red lips, I will answer very rarely, if at all. But once again, it doesn't matter what even the most beautiful human girl looks like. It doesn't matter at all.
  • No. Again you are desperately trying to fabricate a strawman. You asked me if heels would be as comfortable as flats. I answered that question directly. WW wouldn't know the difference in terms of comfort. So your question is like some of your other questions, completely worthless.
  • Oh wait... so the location of the horse ride matters all of a sudden? That's about the silliest thing you have said yet and considering the fact that you have been vomiting silliness this entire thread, that's really saying something. You said WW never has been on horseback in the New 52. I proved you to be wrong yet again.